Westminster Gardens - Duarte, CA

We love the park-like space and greenery at Westminster Gardens. We enjoyed the people we met and the food we were served there. The atmosphere was extremely casual and relaxing--like home. We would prefer to community that offered all levels of service. Westminster lacked a skilled nursing unit. They used the facility of another retirement community about a mile away. We want everything available in one place.

Michael Walper

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your visit. It’s great to hear you felt so comfortable here. We’re proud of our tight-knit campus, it’s a place where friends and neighbors truly care and look after one another. As you learned during your visit, we offer services that cover the majority of our residents’ health needs. For circumstances where additional support is required, such as skilled nursing and rehab, our sister community, Royal Oaks, is just a stone’s throw away. Having Royal Oaks so close by has supported our two communities very well for many years, and continues to provide residents with access to the complete spectrum of care and treatment options. If you’d like any additional information, don’t hesitate to let us know.

Recent resident discoveries.

I have been a resident for almost six months and am very happy Westminster is now my home. The residents are very friendly, the grounds are lovely, the view from my patio and front porch are perfect! There are many activities, and new residents are really encouraged to join--and I have. Stores are convenient, distance to my previous home is short, so I continue in activities there. The Gold Line will be here shortly--so trips to "Phillip's", Union Station, Pasadena, etc. are easy and fun! The Library is great, the office staff very informative --and patient--! I find new things and people each day to enjoy. The dining room,--food AND staff are amazing. I feel that Westminster was the right move for me---and my "Kids" agree.

Yesterday our friends and we took guided toured your place and found it is great place to live.

We liked your wide-spread property that we can roam around, and all buildings are one floor level. Also flexible meal plan that we can choose.

This place let us live the way we are now and not much different except we are watched and guarded and feeling safe.

Very nice

This is the place to be!

I have toured the premises as a possible location for my mother and was very impressed with all aspects. It's a beautiful, quiet setting yet not far from shopping areas. My mother ended up choosing a facility in Whittier because it was closer to her friends, but believe me, it opened my eyes about my future and what a great place this would be to live in. I know people who live there now, some who are still working, and they love it. When my wife and I are ready to sell our home, Westminster Gardens is where we're heading.

It is a blessing to live here.

My husband and I have lived at Westminster Gardens for just over a year. It has exceeded our expectations in every regard. The campus is a former estate and fruit orchard close to the mountains, and has a small park for walking. The residents are friendly and interesting people, with a healthy sense of community. The staff are professionally competent and cheerful. There is a relaxed, small-town atmosphere here. The dining room welcomes all residents, so friendships can continue conveniently even when someone needs to advance in their level of care. The range of activities is broad and resident-driven. There is a tennis court and swimming pool, and shuffleboard in the park. There are fine concerts, excursions, and volunteer opportunities. The surrounding community interacts with the Gardens for special events. Assisted living and memory care facilities are well run. We like the food!

Former missionary retirement home. All rooms are floor level bangalows. Very minimal storage space. Older without much remodeling. but the price is around $5000/mo.

Westminster Gardens is an answer to prayer

Westminster Gardens is more like an oasis than a retirement community. The staff is fabulous and the choice of residential units is broad. Everything is ground level so there are no stairs or elevators to deal with. The grounds are gorgeous and you can see the mountains in the background. The residents are friendly and active and there are quite a few weekly activities. I am so thankful I found Westminster Gardens for my father. He did not want to move to assisted living until he took the tour at Westminster Gardens - now he is settled and happy.

A great choice!

From our first trip to visit WG we were impressed. The staff is wonderful! Everyone is treated with so much respect. My parents have been living there now 4 months and we know that we made the right decision in choosing WG. We feel that we rest easier now because they are in a safe environment. They are looked after and yet they maintain their independence. The residents of the community are very friendly and involved. We love how everyone waves hellos to you, staff and residents. The meals are varied, healthy and plenty of choice.

an early look at Westminster Gardens

My wife and I took a tour of The grounds and the facilities along with Mrs Daruty who gave us a very informative and helpful tour. We are just in the stage of deciding whether we need and want to make this next step in our lives. We will look into other places but Westminster certainly has about all we think we would need. looks like a very nice place and the staff are very nice.

The VERY best choice!!

Over a year ago we had to move my sister to your memory center and we have been very impressed with Westminster. The treatment and people are wonderful as are the facilities.

We spent a lot of time looking and this was by far the best place. It makes us feel thrilled and relieved to have her so happy and well cared for.

This would be close to idea...

This would be close to ideal. The open grounds - walking paths, residents can be part of committees to take care of fruit trees, rose gardens, sort mail etc. Independent living in cottage - would help make Mom and Dad feel like it was a home - not a hotel. Memory Care home for dad - would be great fit for him - when he needed and mom would be on the same grounds and could come visit and take him for walks, etc with her. If mom had to go to assisted living - she would need to move into new room in assisted living building - unless she started there. 'buy-in' options

The staff was very friendly and profe...

The staff was very friendly and professional. The grounds were kept like a garden . The Christian atmosphere was refreshing. Mom liked it all.

Westminster Gardens in Duarte, California is a beautiful, diverse senior living community. Westminster Gardens accommodates seniors at any stage in their lives from home care to assisted living they are able to cater to all of your needs. At Westminster Gardens, your loved ones will be able to relax and rest easy. The environment is beautiful and very typical of Southern California. It feels more like a vacation space than an assisted living center. Westminster Gardens also offers fitness and dining options for residents and has a variety of activities to keep them active and a variety of meal choices to keep them happy. This facility is the perfect option for your loved one with a beautiful scenery and all of the services they could ever want or need. Westminster Gardens is truly an all around assisted living facility that will be able to take help your loved ones no matter what they are in need of.