Arcadia Retirement Village - Arcadia, CA

The Community Is Very Nice

My mom seems to have adjusted well since being relocated here. She was in a nice community prior but it was too far away and this one was a little closer to me so I moved here. So far everything seems to be going well. The staff is friendly and attentive to her. I am assuming she is liking the food she really hasn't said in regards to that. She hasn't mentioned whether or not she is doing any of the activities or social events.

Outstanding care

This is a great community. A new community with great care. the staff is outstanding and goes out. The food is restaurant style and excellent. My mom is very happy with the meals. She is active with the activities. My mom is active and independent. We would highly recommend this community for great care and value for family members.

Fair price, not so good quality, penny pinching owner

I wish there was a 2 1/2 star rating. The pro: Cost is good. Staff is friendly Cons: Staff is friendly, but not well trained or supervised--housekeeping has suffered since new owners has taken over. The owners are very cheap, while it is now cold, they have turned off the central heating to the building, and recently removed space heaters in the lobby, leaving the residents to remain in their rooms. And I know that as loved ones we do not want our family to remain isolated. Food is cold or very inconsistent. Very few outings. It is as if the owners are unaware or don't care that their business involves senior citizens and is not just about earning a dollar. As someone has mentioned, since the owners have changed, more experienced staff has been let go or they quit.

Best Assisted Living In California

I highly recommend this facility
The people who work here are very kind and also very professional.
The executive director Lourdes is committed to providing the best possible care of all of the residents

The building is beautiful and well maintained
The food is gourmet quality.
Rent is very reasonable.

Thanks so much .

very pleased

I am very pleased with Acradia Retirement Village. The staff there are very friendly. It is a good value. They have plenty of activities but she does not participate in them. I cant think of anything specific to complain about really. It has been a good experience.

Care Has Exceeded Expectations

Well, I placed my loved one at Arcadia Retirement Village about two months ago and their care has exceeded my expectations and the staff is very attentive and they all seem to know what they are doing.

He said it was great!

My loved one said it was great and met our needs.

This place is a Godsend!

I am very pleased with the Arcadia Retirement Village. You get a lot for the money at this place and it has a nice atmosphere. The rooms are at least twice as big as any others that I saw and even though my dad is sharing a room, he has plenty of space. The people that work there are so sweet and always helpful so I know my dad is in good hands!

This place is a Godsend!

just talked to my mother and she is not so happy there at all she has gained some weight so it lets me know she is no into the activities as much i gave the over rating a 4 star rating i all so gave the cleanliness of the property a rating of a 5 star rating

Friendly, communicative staff

So far I think they've done an excellent job at Arcadia Village. It is a nice looking, well kept, clean community, and the staff have all been very friendly. I live out of state, and they've been very accommodating of that fact, both during the move-in process and afterwards with their constant communication. Price was a big concern during our search and I found that they offer a high level of care and services for what they charge.

My experience with Arcadia Retirement...

My experience with Arcadia Retirement Village has been good. The staff is friendly, very accommodating, and I'm very pleased with them. Debra, the marketing director was real helpful in smoothing things out. My mother has been there two months so far, and she looks forward to going to lunch, and also to the activities they offer. Being at Arcadia Retirement Village has given my mom a social outlook that she's never had before.

Would NOT recommend!

I had a terrible experience with the community and would not recommend them to anyone! After I had moved in they moved me to another room without asking me, they had all sorts of extra non-refundable fees to add one, and they tried to charge me extra to bring my therapy dog with me (which I had appropriate papers for). It was just a bad experience overall and I moved out as soon as I could.

Great place

My grandfather is having a blast. The building is maintained very clean. His room a very well maintained by house keeping! Staff is super sweet and friendly and they check pm him regularly. I was a lil' tired the ther day and skipped a meal. Right awY they came over tone sure he was feeling ok. Love it here!

Happy So Far

So far we've been very happy with them. It's absolutely essential that my parents be in a place like this and they've really provided everything that we need so I would say the value is very good. My mom is doing really well there. She's really enjoyed the simulation of the staff and the events that they hold. I would say that there are some routines that they're supposed to maintain and sometimes the miss something here or there - my mom has mentioned that. The activities are great. They have fashion shows, resident art shows, they had a dance troop come through, regular bird watching activities and gardening demonstrations. There are a lot of different things going on.

Very Helpful, possibility

Very Helpful, possibility

looks nice - 6 google revi...

looks nice - 6 google reviews - 1 awful, 5 good

Nice place and friendly people. Makin...

Nice place and friendly people. Making some nice improvements in the facility. Not the right fit for us though.

The Arcadia Royale is ideally located fifteen minutes away from the Santa Anita Racetrack, the L.A. Arboretum, the Santa Anita Fashion Park, the Arcadia Methodist Hospital, and literally hundreds of doctor's offices including many specialists. The Arcadia Royale strives to make all of their residents feel at home by urging residents to decorate their rooms, serving home-cooked meals, and encouraging family participation through programs such as "Family Night". Assisted living services are available for those residents who require extra help. We at Arcadia Royale believe, very strongly, that "happier, healthier seniors live longer and more meaningful lives." We try to use this philosophy to determine and prioritize everything we do.

Lifestyle: For our residents to be happy, we recognize the need to create an environment that promotes activities, friendship, warmth, and comfort.

Security: For our residents to be happy, they need to feel secure. We have contracted with Millennium Security (a national security firm) to lay out the best strategy possible to this end. All of our doors will soon be ‘alarmed,’ and cameras will be installed at every exit, parking lot, and outdoor yard areas.

Food: No activity is more important than our three daily meals. We have a beautiful dining room which serves the finest meals daily. Meal service is “restaurant style” and our residents are encouraged to order off our menu.