Royal Oaks - Bradbury, CA

This place is everything my father and I wanted for him. Great atmosphere, friendly residents and staff, gorgeous grounds and delicious food.

Heads and shoulder

The staff have been very helpful and they even found a service to help mom move into the community. She loves the food and they have a lovely dining room. They are renovating some things, The grounds are magnificent. The apartments are nice and spacious, The residents are welcoming, outgoing and happy. They go the distance to help a new person feel welcome. I would recommend this community.

Gorgeous mountain community

Although my dad's first language is Spanish the people working there have made great effort to reach out and include him in every way, whether in conversation or in activities, which was the greatest concern to me. The community is gorgeous, it's clean and the food amazing, what more can anyone want.

Royal Oaks gets a thumbs up. My parents are pretty happy there. Their stove doesn't work and they do have some maintenance issues but the staff are working on it. They seem responsive. This facility is awesome.

my folks love it

Royal Oak is the best retirement community that we toured. It is beautiful, peaceful, full of lovely people and there is a lot to do. If you are wavering, just do it!

Five Star Quality

We took a leap of faith when we moved to Royal Oaks - and to our surprise, we've never looked back once. Like a fine wine, our life here just gets better and better with time. It's filled with many new adventrures, great new friends, wonderful food, and a beautiful apartment. Who could wish for more?

Community Walking

I've always enjoyed walking through gardens or lovely areas, so when I first saw Royal Oaks, that was my first positive reaction. One can walk about a mile inside the gated community or several miles on the community track across the street. There are loads of beautiful trees and plantings here where birds sing, squirrels play, rabbits are seen and horses kept on ranches nearby.
Some of my fellow residents have days they walk and that's fun, too. Some of the people need walkers to enable them, and if I ever need one, I still hope I can enjoy this lovely home I have.

Beautiful Landscape

We knew, when first coming through the stone gates of Royal Oaks that THIS place had the character and presence we sought. It had- and it has - the appeal of a beautifully landscaped small college campus. Those initial impressions were reinforced when we entered the lobby. We requested permission to walk around the grounds. The young lady managing that day did much better. She called on a staff associate to squire us, not only on the campus but also to apartments. Cheerful residents opened their doors. Inevitably, those first positive impressions lured us back all the way from Long Island, New York, to the lovely cottage we enjoy at Royal Oaks, Bradbury, California.

What I Like About Royal Oaks

My husband and I used to live in a big house and when my husband got tired of yard work, we decided to research communities. When we looked through the lobby of Royal Oaks my husband said, "We don't have to look anywhere else." He enjoyed living here, getting involved in the gift shop and activities. When he passed away, I decided to move to a different building on campus, a smaller unit, and I was so pleased with it - The D-floor is beautiful!
I like living in a community among other people. I don't like having dinner alone and so I like being with people. Our activities director will plan so many things for us to get together, we always have so many activities available. I like our wonderful library. I like our Clinic here in our main building, someone is always here to sympathize and help. We have guest rooms for people to stay when we don't have enough room in our apartment. We have all this wildlife around us. We are close to the city yet we feel we are in the country. All the staff are very supportive and willing to help when issues come up.
The food variety is a lot larger than if I were to prepare it myself. The servers are willing to do anything they can to make us happy. A lot of the employees are from the Monrovia/Duarte area. There are so many different interest groups from crocheters and animal lovers.
A small advice I'd like to give:
When you move in here you don't need to bring so much, bring what you like, what you need. If you feel like you are going to give it away to anyone then do it.
I just feel so positive about living at Royal Oaks - Five Star of course!

My opinion of Royal Oaks is very high. Everything I said in the review is how I feel.

My wife and I had looked at several senior residences in the past out of curiosity. Her mother had been a resident in a one prior to her death. My wife had worked as a volunteer there for several years and was familiar with what they offered and generally if there was a homey, family atmosphere rather than an institutional aura about them. Finally, after several falls, stays in the hospital and visible concern of our daughter we decided that we really weren’t ‘too young’ after all, and to ‘get real’ and look around again. We visited three different places in the area, all of which were lovely. Of these three, Royal Oaks was the one that impressed us the most. There were a number of reasons that we were drawn to Royal Oaks.

First of all the general overall beauty of the well-maintained grounds and a feeling of home and safety one senses when entering the property.

We were shown a number of available apartments. While all were very attractive and seemed acceptable for occupancy, the sales person explained that they could be modified to some extent, based on the desires of the potential new resident.

The person at the front desk was so capable, friendly and genuine. He made us feel at home and that he really liked people.

There was an impressive lobby, great room and dining room. One could greet and entertain guests there with no misgivings.

They feature marvelous holiday brunches fit for a king.

There is a wonderful staff at every position, from management through service and mechanical positions. All are competent, polite, cheerful and desiring to ‘do a good job’.

Royal Oaks is very well maintained. It is cleaned regularly and is spotless in all the public areas.

The other residents are what one would hope them to be and would select as neighbors if that was even possible..

Finally, but most certainly not the least important, is that skilled nursing and assisted living accommodations are available on the grounds. If one’s loved one becomes infirm, the other person rapidly recognizes what a wonderful benefit it is.

There are other excellent qualities. Come see for yourself. It can’t hurt and you might be grateful that you did! You may even be invited to lunch.

Peaceful Setting

We have lived here 8 months. We enjoy the nice landscaping and quiet setting. The red brick buildings here give a good indication of the quality. There are many friendly people here, both residents and staff. The dining service offers a varied and flexible menu.

A THIRD ACT --

As a 77 year old widow with no family in the area I made the hard decision to leave our beloved home and move to Royal Oaks because I could foresee a lonely future with a caretaker. Four years later I've had not one moment of regret. Security, companionship, leisure activities, intellectual stimulation, volunteer opportunities, all in beautiful surroundings. I am thriving - living my Third Act - enjoying every stress-free day, all with the knowledge the hard decisions are behind me and now is the time to enjoy and " BE" all that I can be.

This place was beautiful. ...

This place was beautiful. Loved the library. Talked to some residents that loved the place. Beautiful grounds - really liked that Mom could have her own garden area. Duck Pond! water aerobics - lots of activities - but no memory care for dad later. residents very involved in their own community - ie boutique - lots of what looked like very active seniors - 'buy -in' --- little more $ than Westminister

Royal Oaks offers a peaceful oasis for seniors looking to enjoy California retirement living at its finest. Tucked away in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains along historic Route 66, our community is just minutes from major freeways and all of the cultural and recreational attractions of Los Angeles.

Featured Amenities
Our luxurious apartment homes come in a selection of layouts to suit a variety of lifestyles. Choose from studio, one- and two-bedroom floor plans, some of which feature multiple bathrooms, full kitchens, in-unit laundry facilities, fireplaces and private patios or balconies. All apartments come with plush carpeting, ample closet space and full baths in suite.

At Royal Oaks, you’ll have to do nothing more than step outside your front door to enjoy the many community amenities we have available. Take a cool dip in our outdoor swimming pool or practice your swing on our putting green. Challenge your friends to a game of pool in our billiards room or explore your creative side in our arts studio.

Available Services
We are proud to offer a range of senior living options. From independent living to assisted living to 24-hour skilled nursing care, we are here to support you in your retirement years. Our professional staff is available to provide assistance with life’s daily activities, such as dressing, grooming and managing medications, and our skilled nursing center offers both acute as well as long-term care.

To help you make the most out of your retirement years, we take care of the housekeeping, landscaping, building maintenance, local transportation and provide 24-hour security. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are prepared fresh on-site and served daily in our community dining room.

For more than fifty years, Royal Oaks has set the standard for gracious retirement living in Los Angeles County.