Sunrise at San Marino - San Gabriel, CA

I toured this community

I went on a tour here and it was nice and clean. The person who did the tour was nice answered all of my questions. If you have any memory care issues this place is lovely. But they were behind locked doors and had a prison like atmosphere. The good thing about this community is they had all 3 levels of care and also skilled nursing option if you needed that. I would tell families to tour this community before making a decision.

Bright Atmosphere

The staff here seems to care and they are friendly. While touring the facility it had a better vibe compared to other places that I have seen. It just had a brighter atmosphere which made me feel comfortable. They do a great job with cleanliness too. I have been there numerous times and every time everything looks spic and span. I ate lunch there one time while I was touring other places and it was pretty good too. As for activities they offer exercises that cater to different level of mobility, they screen movies, pizza parties, and they have musicians and others to come in to entertain the residents. I recommend this community to other families.

The Right Pick

We are please with everything for my uncle. He is happy living at this community. The staff are very helpful and they have been meeting all his needs. We visit a lot and have had the chance to eat with him. The meals are good. The community is a very good fit.

I like the smaller community

I like the changes that I am seeing in my Uncle since he has moved here. The atmosphere is homey his room is nice and comfortable, and I know he is secure in the memory Unit with his sundowners. The staff are really great at taking him to be a part of the special events or out onto the courtyard so he can enjoy being outside still. He has started eating much better and enjoys the food as well. I would definitely recommend this community.

Clean Property!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my loved one and I was pleased with how things had went for us. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. The property was clean and they had a lot of great amenities available to all of the residents. I would have recommend it to anyone it was just not the right fit for my mom in the end decision.

A perfect fit!!

I cannot say enough good things about Sunrise!!!

Since my mother moved in, things are going very well. While Mom is extremely picky, she loves her room and appreciates that the staff treats her with respect. They are EXTREMELY responsive and flexible. The facility is clean and maintained very well. The meals are good choices; though I find them a little bit uneven, my mother seems to like them overall.

We initially moved mom into assisted care. She was not adapting well, and the staff suggested that we move her into memory care. We thought we were blessed with the 3-4 room assisted care suite, but Mom much prefers her single room in Reminiscence.

We could not be happier with Mom being at Sunrise. It's not easy entrusting a love one's care to someone else. But we are confident that Mom could not be in better hands!!

I'd give Sunrise a 10 (out of 5) if I could!!!

Our visit at the Sunrise was very pleasant. The rooms are very bright and bathrooms large enough to get in with a wheelchair. They offer a variety of mouth-watering menus and the dining room has large window-panes and doors overlooking a lovely garden. The personnel seem to be very kind and friendly and the residents, smiling and happy. The activities offered to the resident is varied and suited to the needs of the individuals. Even though it is a little pricey, this facility is a contender on our list.

Pretty facility. Clean and neat.

Beautiful care

The staff was great and the community is beautiful. This is a upscale and big community. My mom would not of had a private room here. The food seemed to be very good and appealing. The staff was outstanding and very nice. They had activities for those who wanted to participate. We would of liked this community for mom and recommend it to other families for the over all environment.

They allow pets!!

The majority of the staff are lovely. The marketing director is fabulous. Mom loves the food. The community is clean and beautiful. They offer daily activities and the staff do encourage her to participate. They previously changed the indoor garden from a grassy area to rock and wood chips. I would recommend this community.

They Work Very Well With Us

We are using this community for a respite stay and they have been very good at making my dad feel comfortable. The staff are really good and do their best. I like that they are open to input and the communication is prompt. My dad is eating very well and at times it may be too much for him but they accommodate with a light meal. I would recommend this place but it is a little pricey.

liked it, but it was very expensive.

I toured here when I was looking for options. liked it, but it was very expensive. They had a more small down home environment, but we were looking for more of a social environment. They did have a memory unit, here.

Homey atmoshphere

It is costly, but they do provide services. My mother's stays there and she really likes it. She feels at home there which she hadn't in other places. It has a very homey atmosphere. She feels happy and comfortable. They are inclusive with their family which is nice to feel good about going there.

I think they are doing a pretty good job so far.

I think they are doing a pretty good job so far. They are clean and the staff is pretty friendly, and all of that. I don't really have any complaints. I would rate them pretty highly.

Very nice looking place!

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I was very impressed by what I saw here! It was a nice looking, well kept facility, and the staff all seemed very friendly. I was particularly impressed by their dementia care unit, they obviously put a lot of thought and effort into it. Unfortunately this facility was also very expensive, and was not an option for that reason.

really nice place

The medical care at Sunrise at San Marino is excellent. They take really good care of my father, making sure he is clean, eating well, has clean clothes, etc. He looks to be fine and healthy. The staff there is always very helpful and willing to do anything they can about any requests that I make for dad. I just think it's a really nice place and dad is doing very well there.

Former neighbor moved here. Lovely facility. Too expensive for me.

We are very pleased with Sunrise.

After my mom passed away I reviewed a number of facilities for my 94 year old father suffering from dementia & chose this one even though his level of care was more expensive than the other places. The staff was extremely helpful, understanding & friendly. The 2 room suite I chose was spacious and so nice. The staff pitched in and helped us move his familiar furniture in while he was on an outing. I particularly like the homey, rather than institutional, feel. The dining room is spacious and the chairs are actually comfortable for the seniors. They all have arms and wheels on carpet which makes it so much easier for the residents to get up and down at the table. I have eaten the food there and it is delicious. Since my father's been there they've gone on outings to movies, museums, stores, etc. Plenty of in-house activities going on everyday. Lots to choose from. We have a higher level of care and there's always someone looking in on my father if he's in his room. My father has adapted marvelously and is happy to call it his new home. That's after 60 years in their family home. He has his privacy and maintains his own lifestyle. He's independent (under a watchful eye).

Beware

Beware of this place. It looks great on the surface but once you move in... The pull cord for assistance/emergencies either doesn't work or nobody is monitoring it. My mother had to leave her brother to find someone to get help after waiting with him stuck in the bathroom for twenty minutes. They sent my Uncle to the Hospital after he fell and hit his head, which would be reasonable except he has dementia and was sent without anyone from the facility to tell the doctors what happened. The food service has deteriorated the head chef is there during the day and preps meals then nobody reheats them for dinner people are served cold food. Other residents are starting to look out for each other because they are not making it to meals so they have to get the staff to go look for them. Staff snaps at the people granted some of the people can be demanding, but isn't it your job to take care of them and if you did I bet the residents would be less upset and demanding. Beware of this place it looks great and they are real friendly but they don't follow through and are understaffed.

The staff here has been very helpful and friendly

The staff here has been very helpful and friendly and that really helps to create a feeling of home. We are pretty happy with them. I don't really have any complaints or anything I would like to see done better at this time.

Great so far

This community is similar to other places in the area and just as good from what I saw. It is smaller, with only about 75 residents or so. There are lots of staff members to help the residents if they need it. There are open community areas, and the whole place is bright and open. There are outdoor spaces and common dining rooms for the residents. Overall, it has been great so far.

I liked this place a lot - ...

I liked this place a lot - esp the memory care wing. the person in charge of that wing was so personable - in the sense that Dad would really like her. Set up very similar to Terraces - and very willing to work with residents - to make as much a home as possible. - Hard pressed to say at this point which place I liked best Terraces or here. Like

Warm and Quaint

I really like them but their studio was a little too small for my mom. I thought they had the cutest décor. It was very warm and they had a little breakfast bar thing with food and coffee that was open all day. When the residents were down in the activities are they could go and grab anything they wanted. The whole place was really really quaint. I really liked it but it was on a busy street and way to far from my mom's doctors.

Mom is Happy

I think they're doing a very good job. Mom is very happy there. I think she's getting everything she needs. She's says the food is kind of bland but I think that's probably good for her right now. She's not losing any weight or anything like that so despite what she says she's eating. They have quite a few activities. They have a list every morning that they pass out of things like going on walks. They have more than enough to keep some one like her busy so the activities are very sufficient.

Palatable

It's clean and they make a huge effort to make it cheery with big greetings. It not luxurious or anything but overall they are head and shoulders above the place we chose, but we had to do that because of cost. He was here for a respite stay for about 5 weeks and he actually liked a lot of things about it but it was just more than we could afford for full time. It felt like he was noticed there. It was calm, more like an elderly holiday inn. It's different kind of depressing in some ways.

This location was very good, proably ...

This location was very good, proably the best overall, but was our second choice.

About Sunrise at San Marino

Community & Location Highlights:

•Convenient location in San Marino, CA
•Near Pasadena Urgent Care and San Marino Valley Medical Center
•Close to San Marino Country Club, Santa Anita Race Track, shopping and dining

Sunrise of San Marino in San Marino, California, is a vibrant senior assisted living community and home to a community of active residents. With a focus on wellness and personal choices, all activities and meals are based on each resident’s unique needs and preferences. Dedicated culinary, housekeeping and activities staff ensure that every day is filled with delicious and healthful home cooked meals, chore-free living and plenty of activities to stimulate the mind, body and spirit. We are conveniently located close to shopping, dining, entertainment and both Pasadena Urgent Care and San Marino Valley Medical Center. Visit our community today to see why our residents are proud to call Sunrise of San Marino home.