Westfield Center - Westfield, NJ

Think twice

It is by far the worse or the worse. [Removed], stinks. Staff are rude. You won't get a hello or smile unless you say it first. The professional training is non-existent. The nurses are lpn's and the aides are mean.and rough...i have seen people left the whole day in the hallway. I hear them yell and make fun of the sick people. The staff talk about family members they like when your not there, they don't want to be bothered. The patients are dirty [Removed]. Its so sad to go and visit your loved one. Please look elsewhere..its horrible

Run, do not walk, away from Westfield Center.

My mother has been a patient at Westfield for over two years. I gave a rating of "terrible" only because I could not go lower. On top of a myriad of other problems, many of the front-line staff (nurses and aides who deal directly with the patient on a daily basis) have accents so thick that I can't understand them. Add to this my mother's difficulty hearing in general, and the communication between her and these folks is almost non-existent. I have been on the phone with my mother when an aide/nurse walks in, I tell my mother to mention to this person some issue she is having, I hear her ask about it and I hear the staff person completely ignore her and walk out. I complain to the supervisor and am basically ignored. This place charges $12K/month for private payers. We of course cannot afford this so we had to spend all of her money down to get her to qualify for Medicaid. So we are very limited in options as far as places willing to accept my mother. We're working hard to get her out of what my mother refers to as a hell hole.

Stay away

Horrid place; uncaring staff, dirty, poorly run. I could write pages on what I saw and how family was treated, instead let me just say that if you care about your loved ones don’t bring them here!

Westfield Center-Genesis, Westfield NJ

We are so very thankful for the compassionate care that was given to our Mom at Westfield Center. The staff was very professional,knowledgeable and empathetic. The Nursing and Rehab. staff were wonderful. Our Mom was treated with respect and kindness. We would definitely recommend Westfield Center to anyone who needs Rehab or Nursing care.

At Westfield Center, a Genesis HealthCare facility, we offer our patients and residents outstanding care, delivered by highly skilled practitioners in a warm and comfortable setting. Our Quality Healthcare Units provide skilled nursing, medical and rehabilitative care for patients and residents. Whether you are here for a short stay or for an extended period, our Clinical Care Teams are focused on implementing your personalized care program to facilitate your recovery and improve your well-being.
At Westfield Center, we provide 24-hour care for long-term elderly residents and chronically ill patients, and are focused on helping each resident achieve their highest level of independence and quality of life. But, we also provide a caring bridge between hospital and home. Our Short Stay Services provide our patients with excellent rehabilitative care in a warm, family-oriented environment. Speeding recovery and returning our patients to home as quickly as possible are our primary goals, with our Clinical Care Teams there to support patients and their families during their stay.