Abingdon Care & Rehabilitation Center - Green Brook Township, NJ

Abingdon Care & Rehabilitation Center - Green Brook Township, NJ has yet not published prices.

Review of Abingdon Care & Rehabilitation Center

Everything is fine with no complaints. The rehab is excellent. They give him what he wants as far as meals. All of the staff are nice. They really care and give the medicine as needed. We especially like the administrative staff!

Review of Abingdon Care & Rehabilitation Center

I have not had any issues with them and they are very helpful with him and he likes it there. The social workers are kind. They are very helpful. It is always clean in the room and facility with no issues. The meals seem fine and he often goes out. I speak with the staff frequently.

Review of Abingdon Care & Rehabilitation Center

One of the head nurses has been great. Also, I wrote a letter to the administrator about one of the CNAs because she has been wonderful with my mother in law for the past year and a half. I find on the weekends, and sometimes on the evening, there could be more attention to cleaning especially with residents themselves. Also there are a lot of complaints from the residents about the meals after they have changed companies.

Review of Abingdon Care & Rehabilitation Center

The people there are wonderful and they treat my mother very well. We like one of the staff in particular. The aides are wonderful. It is always clean and I have never seen it dirty. I do not dine with my mother but she has no complaints. They keep me informed when I am there and they answer my questions.

Review of Abingdon Care & Rehabilitation Center

I would recommend Abingdon to a friend!

Review of Abingdon Care & Rehabilitation Center

The nurses are very, very nice. My loved one does not associate with people and they are doing all they can.

Review of Abingdon Care & Rehabilitation Center

The facility is comfortable from what I've seen. The staff are attentive and answer when I have questions or get back to me quickly. I have brought outside items like clothes and toothbrushes and toothpaste and they are cleaning them up better now. She eats okay. The wheelchairs are not clean, though.

Review of Abingdon Care & Rehabilitation Center

My loved one gets good treatment. Everybody is excellent. I like several of the staff members in particular. It is pretty clean in his room. The social worker calls me for a team meeting.

Review of Abingdon Care & Rehabilitation Center

It is better than other facilities. They are very good about keeping me informed. The business office and finance office are great. His regular nurse is better than the sub nurses he has. He has expressed that at times he doesn't care for the meals. I know they are on a tight budget but I feel as though they could have a more organic selection/nutritional value. They did lose a clothing item and I have not heard back. When they do laundry please have a specific bag for each room for their laundry.

Review of Abingdon Care & Rehabilitation Center

The facility looks pretty clean and staff is nice. He does complain about certain things. The staff is very nice.

Review of Abingdon Care & Rehabilitation Center

The front desk people are amazing. Some staff bring down the experience, though. The previous social worker was wonderful. Some of the aides, not so much.

Review of Abingdon Care & Rehabilitation Center

She has been there for over two years and I am very satisfied with her care. They are very good about communication. They send me letters and call. They let me know about flu and facility updates. The facility could improve in terms of sanitation especially in the rooms. I always have to ask a staff member to come in and clean when I visit.

Review of Abingdon Care & Rehabilitation Center

Some aides were great but I struggled with issues with medications. The social worker was the least engaged I have dealt with. Not good follow up. The food was awful and the nurses were not on time.

Review of Abingdon Care & Rehabilitation Center

It was very clean. The one meal I've seen was not inviting. We bring him food usually because my father does not enjoy the meals. I would call and ask for the nurse at the nurses’ station to get information and it was hard to get straight answers on my father's care.

Review of Abingdon Care & Rehabilitation Center

It is going okay. They have a very friendly staff. They don't label bathroom or how to get there with arrows or signs. A new environment can be scary so they need signs especially since memory problems exist. They also need more staff to help because they are not available to help. The cleanliness is good but the communication could be improved.

Review of Abingdon Care & Rehabilitation Center

When you need the nurses’ help, you just have to wait. One of the therapists is very good. The cleanliness was pretty good downstairs, but upstairs was not good and needs help. There is a problem with the help, sometimes it takes longer than usual. I'm still waiting for the things I asked for. It takes too long to get service.

Review of Abingdon Care & Rehabilitation Center

The receptionist is good. There is a female wound care doctor (or associate who works in conjunction with the doctor at the facility) who was the first person to proactively reach out to me about my father's care and suggested wound care options for him. However there are issues with training and common sense with the staff. I want the administrator to please talk to my father. We have problems that need to be taken care of. There is a lack of proper care on the weekend shifts. The invitation to the care meeting was mailed to me after the meeting happened. I questioned why this happened. It looks like I am not participating or rescheduled it.

Review of Abingdon Care

It is a nice place. We especially like one of the aides and I think the employee of the month is very good. The meals are very good. It is pretty clean. With some nurses, you tell them to do something and do not always follow through. Just maybe one or two nurses.

Review of Abingdon Care

The admin office was very cooperative. The day shift nurses are polite and helpful. There is a big difference between the day shift and the night shift. The night shift nurses are very rude. I witnessed one nurse in particular that was very rude. When we got to his floor there was nurse who was very abrupt. She tossed paperwork at him. The facility has room for improvement as far as cleanliness. The paint is peeling off the walls.

Review of Abingdon Care & Rehabilitation Center

There are things for my husband to do, and he really seems to like it there. The nurses are great! The staff are very nice - no complaints. It is clean, I always see the girl waxing the floor and cleaning the areas. For the most part he likes the meals.

Review of Abingdon Care & Rehabilitation Center

The nursing care and staff care was generally good. I’d recommend Abingdon overall. However my mother needs more extensive acute care. There was an incident where she should have been taken to the hospital sooner. She is being moved to a facility with more extensive care. One of the staff members was very helpful. It was not clean.

Review of Abingdon Care & Rehabilitation Center

I would like to know more options and his status. He is hanging out in a bed all day. He seems to be improving slightly. The first couple of days the nurses seemed to be fine. He does have a phone in his room. I am waiting for a call from the doctor and social worker. I do not know how long he will be there or where is going after there.

Review of Abingdon Care & Rehabilitation Center

They do not have a respite contract so this was hard to decipher the long term contract to fit the situation. My loved one said the therapy is pretty good. They are disorganized. I was very disappointed in the staff friendliness. She did not complain about the food. The communication was the worst thing. She liked the aide though. We also liked the admissions assistant and her manager.

Review of Abingdon Care & Rehabilitation Center

They were not helping her. She was sitting needing to be changed for two and a half hours. They would not come and help her after she rang the bell. I pulled her out of there because of the conditions.

Review of Abingdon Care

Everyone was very friendly and helpful if we had a question. When my loved one rang the bell, they came promptly. I met with the two social workers. They were very nice and helpful. The admitting clerk was nice and helpful also.

Review of Abingdon Care

The people there are nice. They are always cleaning my loved one's room, and there is nothing laying around. She does not complain about the meals. They are treating her super excellent. They are always calling me and scheduling meetings.

Review of Abingdon Care

They have been very supportive, and any questions I ask, they provide a lot of attention. The experience has been very positive. The floors are spotless with no odor. They are accommodating whether the food is pureed or chopped. If they do not have an answer, they find out, no matter what staff member. Usually, they have the answer right away. In a couple of instances, my mother did not have her jewelry on her, and they put her jewelry away in a safe place. Everyone has been very helpful and kind.

Review of Abingdon Care

I like the service that my loved one is getting there. He is actually happy there. He likes the therapy. He's getting better. The nurses and aides are excellent! He loves the food. They haven't called me, but I ask them questions.

Review of Abingdon Care

The staff is very responsive. I certainly appreciated the 72-hour team meeting. It doesn’t seem hectic, but like there are a lot of people there, and everybody seems to do their job. The staff has been responsive to my questions. They let me watch his therapy. They update me if I want to be updated on his progress. I was a little concerned about the cleanliness, and I did talk to them about that. There are people cleaning all the time. There are handwashing dispensers everywhere. The food looks fine. The communication is good. My loved one was hardly there a few days when I got a call.

Review of Abingdon Care

The staff have all been good. Everybody speaks and asks what they can help with. We go every day, but if there are any issues, they call us. When we bring something up, they take care of it. It was better on a different floor. My loved one prefers looking outside in the window, and now he has a roommate who is by the window and keeps it closed. The roommate turns on the TV loudly. It makes my loved one a little depressed. The therapists are doing the best they can. It seems like they gave him too much of dosage of meds yesterday before his therapy appointment. The nurses and aides are very friendly and helpful. They are, as everyone else, understaffed and overworked. I've seen cleaner, but they're in an old building. Parking is horrible and should be fixed. My loved one eats in his room. He complains about wanting more gravy.

Review of Abingdon Care

Overall, the staff is very nice and does a very good job. The therapy is good. There seems to be a disconnect between therapy and the rest of the time for the patient. They have him do therapy in the morning and just sit in his room the rest of the day. They should continue exercise throughout the rest of the day. Overall, the people seem to be good people. They can work on timeliness. The building need a face lift. It's a little bit tired. They can update it a little. They can improve on quality of taste of food. My mother has been in the facility several times, and the food has just been like hospital food. It seems like dinner is a little late in the day. The communication is pretty good.

Review of Abingdon Care

The social worker has done a lot of work and helped us greatly. It takes them a very long time, 20 minutes to an hour, for the aides and nurses to get to my wife when she calls them. The other week, she fell. It took them a long time to get to her. She had to go to the hospital because of that. I still haven't been able to figure things out. No one told me about it. I had to find out for myself. It is clean.

Review of Abingdon Care & Rehabilitation Center

My loved one is progressing with rehab. The front desk is very nice. The person I spoke with was very nice over the phone, and said that my loved one is doing okay.

Review of Abingdon Care & Rehabilitation Center

The therapy has been wonderful. He loves his physical therapist. They're really great with pushing him when he's able and knowing when he can't. He's enjoying being pushed extra. Everyone seems very helpful, from the people who deliver the trays to the receptionists. The receptionists are all extremely polite. They act like they care. My loved one likes most of the meals. He loves the soups, he likes the variety. Nothing ever seems like it's repetitive. My loved one only has a problem with one person on the staff, and he has a favorite nurse. Good people make up for the others. There are problems with the lack of coordination for his outside appointments. We found out about his doctor's appointments right before they were going to happen. We had no time to coordinate anything. This isn't the stress he needed. When they make the appointments, they should let him know.

Review of Abingdon Care & Rehabilitation Center

The nurses answer my questions and seem to be on top of the nursing. I'm not very happy with the aides. I was a little upset yesterday when I went in. My mother had been wet for over three hours, and no one had changed her. I've asked them repeatedly to keep her legs up, and they neglect to do that. I find her in a wheelchair with her legs dangling all the time.

Review of Abingdon Care & Rehabilitation Center

My brother was not happy there, so he left. The nurses were OK, but I didn't like the service. The guy who brought the dinner helped. He was a very nice guy. It's clean. The therapy was good. The staff are very nice, but the aides didn't show up. My brother pushed the bell, and for 40 minutes, nobody showed up, so I had to take him to the bathroom. My brother didn't like the meals. He wasn't happy with them at all.

Review of Abingdon Care & Rehabilitation Center

I have had several incidents where I walked in and the call light was not near where my father could reach it. This has happened more than five times. I complain about it and complain about it, and it still happens. A couple of times, I've walked in, and he's been soaked from head to toe in urine, and the nurses will say they didn't know they had him that day or something. There was an incident with some bed bugs, so he had to be displaced from his room, and it took almost two weeks before he got his belongings back.

Review of Abingdon Care & Rehabilitation Center

The occupational and speech therapists are doing their best as outside people. The workers there are doing the best they can. The overall feeling of the place is that it is in complete disarray. They need better management to clean the slate and start over again. The cleanliness is awful. I am transferring my mother out, and it is bad. They need to clean, put things away, and sweep. The building is falling apart and dilapidated. When the kitchen help shows up, the food is good. Better communication is needed. The social worker is not communicative.

Review of Abingdon Care & Rehabilitation Center

Communication has been quite tough. Getting help is not that easy. Physical therapy has been going well, I've been satisfied. One CNA is fantastic and has been great. The other CNAs, I will not say the same thing. My father went in his diaper after eating something. I tried to get someone to help him change, and sometimes it takes quite a while. From the patient's standpoint, it is not very responsive. Overall, the cleanliness is fine. My mother is at the facility all the time, but she cannot speak the language. The only time I would say they called me is when my father fell down. Over 13 days, that was the only phone call I got. When I talk to the staff, they are very accommodating though.

Review of Abingdon Care & Rehabilitation Center

The care did not meet my father's needs. The supervising nurse and one of the aides are the best people there. The place is disgusting and out-of-date. The wall paper is ripped and falling apart.

Abingdon Care & Rehabilitation Center is a CMS 5-Star skilled nursing community that provides superior individualized care in warm and welcoming atmosphere. Our person-centered approach to care will help you achieve your custom needs and goals, whether you are recovering post-surgery, undergoing therapy, or joining our caring family of long-term skilled nursing care.