Brighton Gardens of Edison - Edison, NJ

Extremely expensive!! But they provide everything the elderly need under sun. Everyone was pleasant. I did feel like space was a little cramped. Enjoyed my tour.

Facility very clean, staff very nice, I had an appointment scheduled but the sales person was not there..... [name removed] filled in and did a great job but if your not available don't schedule an appointment! My problem with the facility was parking scarce, busy street, (my dad still drives only reason that is a concern), common areas were small.

Brighton Gardens of Edison seems to be what we are looking for. There's availability, it's adequately located, their offerings seem appropriate and uncle's situation can be comfortably accommodated. What more can I say. We will seek to move forward with admittance for rehab to start with. Consideration for permanent residency, is a strong possibility.

The change in my mom is wonderful

Brighton Gardens of Edison is a great place for my mom it has been like a re-birth for her she is making friends and has started taking part in all the different activies and the field trips as well. I am so comfortable with her being here all of the staff are great, friendly, attentive and caring. My mom's studio apt is just right for her too. She even enjoys the food and menu in the dining area and socializing with all her new found friends during their meal time. I would definety recommend Brighton Gardens of Edison to everyone.

Not the right fit.

We toured the Brighton Gardens of Edison. The staff was wonderful. The director was awesome about answering all of my questions. We did not like where the community was located and the community itself was not very inviting or homey. It was not well kept. It was not the right fit for my mom.

Everything Mom Needs is Here

My mom is happy with the food, the caregivers and playing bingo. To me, I can tell they are taking care of her. On Sunday they have mass and she joins them. It is very clean and nice in the community and they make good food. She really enjoys the ice cream. They have everything there but it is costly. Recently they called me to let me know my mom was not well, after noticing something was not right when checking on her. I just feel there needs to be patient advocate or social service to help the residents there. Right now the staff is low and they are trying to hire more staff.

Very pleased!

The quality of care has been more than I expected. My mother is doing very well since her move and they make sure she is comfortable. I would recommend this facility because we have had a good experience with them so far.

Total [Removed] of the helpless elderly

After searching for a Sub Acute for my mother I settled for Brighton Gardens as I was sold on the cheery atmosphere they try to sell you. My mother was brought in from Hackensack Hospital on Feb 17,2017.Next morning I went to visit her and see how she was doing, To my horror I found my mothers bed on the floor, my mother was blue from not breathing, she was gasping for oxygen, her Blood pressure was 70/42, there was blood and feces all over the bed and NO ONE would answer my screams fro help. I had to leave my mom unattended and run to to the front for them to call 911... I will NEVER forget nor forgive this grossly display of total [Removed] ...Unfortunately my mother passed away but I have to tell my horror story....BEWARE

Good respite stay

My husband was here for rehabilitation and they were wonderful. It's a small community and the care was excellent. The one thing that could improve is the food. Some days the meals were okay and others not that good.

Lovely Community for My Husband

I'am very satisfied with my husbands move to this community. It is a very nice place, and everyone is very kind as well. I know he is safe and being cared for very well at this community. They have a great staff, and they have been very helpful and accommodating.It has been a lovely experience, and I would recommend this community. It is a great place..

Everything seems to be going very well !!

I have had no problems so far since moving my uncle into this community. All of the staff have been great at welcoming him into his new home and being attentive to his needs. He seems to love the activity program and the fact that there is always something to keep him busy throughout his days. The only complaint he has had so far is the food. My uncle has stated there is not enough flavor in the meals and they are poorly seasoned.

Good Care

This is a nice community. Things have improved alot from when we first moved my mother in law in here. A clean enviroment. Alot of great activities are available. A community with good care.

Great fit

Was very impressed by the facilities. Rooms, amenities, medical services, employees. We looked at three facilities and Brighton was the best fit. As soon as we sell our parents' condo we are bringing them up north to spend their final years near us.

So far it's okay.

So far it's okay. We aren't always happy with the quality of food. The staff are pretty attentive in the dining room. They told us the price would be one thing, but then when you get the add ons, it adds up quite a bit. It's usually relatively clean, The staff is all very friendly. It's still a pretty new experience, and we didn't really know what to ask about. I would give them three and a quarter at this point.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review; please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise. Please email us at Information (At) SunriseSeniorLiving (Dot) com. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Nice place!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Brighton Gardens of Edison! The facility is clean and nice looking, and everyone seems very friendly. My loved one is really enjoying himself here!

So far so good

My loved one has only been here a short time, but so far I'd say our experience with Brighton Gardens has been a positive one. It's a nice looking place, and the people seem friendly. We've had no complaints so far!

Overall impressed and happy!

I am impressed by Brighton Gardens of Edison, my mother in law loves it, and very happy, its also very clean. Its a good place when it comes to options for activities. Even though people are not assigned to my mother they go beyond to help her. And they are always checking in with me and keeping me updated.

i recommended to a lot of people mom is taking care of activites is limited but said i guess for poeple her age its fine....gave the over all rating a 4 star rating said the cleanliness is a 4 star rating said it is clean in and out gave it a 5 star rating on friendliness said staff is very very helpful..

Great Community

The staff was really great they took care of the patients really good and knew what they were doing. Had some activities and pretty good meals. Overall the place was really clean and well maintained.

Very nice place

I helped a friend locate this community, and while he was only there a short time I feel like Brighton Gardens did an excellent job. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the facility was clean and well run, I'd give them high marks across the board.

All about money, care is minimal and secondary

As the son of a parent who recently stayed there and visited every single day, I noticed a lot I did not like and had a lot to say about what I saw there. As this was all new to me, I didn't know what to expect, but I did expect more empathy and understanding than I got. Right from the start, I was unaware I needed to put my mother's name on her clothing, and was informed after the fact that this is basic, by the staff. Basic for those who do this for a living, not me. Anyway, a few days in, I noticed another resident wearing my mother's clothes for a few days, and brought it to their attention. I didn't think this was right, but it seemed the blame was put on me for not adding mother's name to her clothing. Throughout mother's stay there, this had become the pattern. I would speak up and say something, and the staff would turn it around and make me feel like I was wrong for pointing it out. So, if no name is on the clothes, they are just given out to whoever.

My dealing with the social worker there was usually unpleasant as well most of the time. ( I don't appreciate being spoken to like a child-I'm an adult, she should have known this as at one point she responded inappropriately to one of my comments to her "You're a grown man") My mother has a tendency to fall out of bed, I told them this, she fell out at least twice, and I got called in the evening advising me, I wasn't quite sure how to respond to that but they said they are required to call me. They make NO effort to address this, I made a few suggestions, and was told no constantly (no rail on bed, no chairs by bed, no to sitting in a chair until she gets sleepy, no to this, no to that) These people are in this business and should know what to do, my mother can't be the only resident like this, but apparently based on one conversation with a staff member there, I was told yes, she is. Odd for sure. Upon moving her to the assisted living side, I mentioned this, was told a rubber mat (later on advised for purchase) could be placed along side the bed, (but it wasn't at first), and the bed could be lowered. The staff seems to stick to a standard script with a smile. I got "yessed" a lot, but them being more proactive would have been nice. They tell me they are not allowed to restrain residents, but allowing them to fall out of bed is fine, it seems. Additionally my mother developed a huge bruise on her upper thigh, the nurse who I had a few issues with as well, advised me with very little concern that Mom was bleeding internally due to this bruise (like this too was my fault). One time, after I made my thoughts known about something connected to Mom's care that I wasn't happy with-I can't even remember now what specifically it was, as there were SO many, this same nurse came up to me, to explain herself in a somewhat defensive manner. My guess is mother got this bruise falling out of bed, it didn't just happen by itself, and I refuse to believe my mother who is frail and fragile would NOT bruise after a fall out of bed. My take on this whole experience is that the place exists to make money first and foremost, and providing care is secondary. The staff all seem to speak from a rehearsed script (probably due to hearing it all over and over)

The place looks great, and the dog and cat there are a nice plus too. Some of the staff went out of their way to be pleasant, but I expected more as I was there every day . I didn't expect to make friends there, but didn't expect to be ignored either. It doesn't cost anything to smile and say hello, and at what they charge, that should be included by the unfriendly staff. I now think after my dealings with them, a smile and a hello from the staff could be requested, with an added extra over-charge to the bill From my daily observations, it appeared most residents got very few visitors, so my being there daily had to stand out. I was told of many visitors to the residents there, one of many lies and stories I was told on a regular basis. I also noticed many residents often sitting in public areas sound asleep in the afternoons. A few sporadic activities went on during this time, but I thought it might be a good idea if these people could get involved in something more interesting than bingo. From what I saw, the effort to get residents involved was non existent.

Very nice facility, with a 30 bed skilled nursing unit as well, in case a resident needs some rehab after a hospital event. Rooms are adequate but a bit less homey than I would like. Staff is fabulous and memory unit ladies look like they really get the residents involved. Less expensive than the Staten Island facility, but owned by the same people. Will stay on my short list.

disappointed in my dealings with them

I have been visiting my mother here 7 days a week for a few months, my mother has been mostly in the rehab side and spent a little over a week in the assisted living side there, so I feel my many observations are valid. As this is all new to me, I didn't know what to expect, but I did expect more empathy and understanding than I got. Right from the start, I was unaware I needed to put my mother's name on her clothing, and was informed after the fact that this is basic. Basic for those who do this for a living, not me. Anyway, I noticed another resident wearing my mother's close for a few days, and brought it to their attention. So, if no name is on the clothes, they are just given out to whoever? Really? My dealing with the social worker there was usually unpleasant as well most of the time. ( I don't appreciate being spoken to like a child) My mother has a tendency to fall out of bed, I told them this, she fell out at least twice, and got calls in the evening advising me, I wasn't quite sure how to respond to that but they said they are required to call. They make NO effort to address this, I made a few suggestions, and was told no constantly (no rail on bed, no chairs by bed, no to sitting in a chair until she gets sleepy, no to this, no to that) These people are in this business, my mother can't be the only resident like this, but apparently based on one conversation with a staff member there, she is. Odd for sure. Upon moving her to the assisted living side, I mentioned this, was told a rubber mat (later on advised for purchase) could be placed along side the bed, (but it wasn't at first), and the bed could be lowered. The staff seems to stick to a standard script with a smile. I got "yessed" a lot but them being more proactive would have been nice. They tell me they are not allowed to restrain residents, but allowing them to fall out of bed is fine, it seems. Additionally my mother developed a huge bruise on her upper thigh, the nurse advised she was bleeding internally due to this. My guess I she got this bruise falling out of bed, it didn't just happen by itself, and I refuse to believe my mother who is frail and fragile would NOT bruise after a fall out of bed. My take on on this whole experience is that the place exists to make money, and providing care is secondary. The place looks great, and the dog and cat there are a nice plus too. Some of the staff went out of their way to be pleasant, but I expected more as I was there every day.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review; we are sorry to hear that you are having some concerns with your experience and we'd love to learn more so we may follow up. Please email us at Information (At) SunriseSeniorLiving (Dot) Com. Thank you! Sunrise Team

Very clean place, the staff that are the actual care takers are great but we have had some issues with the management. I feel like there are a lot of hidden charges thrown in, which was very hard to budget for and we weren't made aware of. When we spoke to them before we moved in, we felt like the issue about her having to pay out of pocket was kind of avoided. My mother probably qualifies for veteran benefits, but only on research and prodding, did I find out it was that OR social security rather than on top of the veteran benefits. Overall, it seems like a good facility of it's type. The staff is always helpful and they take good care of my mother.

Beautiful place. Loved my tour.

My dad seems to be very happy at Brighton Gardens. He is clean, shaved, and dressed, and appears to be eating well. The staff seem to be very friendly and attentive. His room is clean, bed made, and the facility appears to be clean also.

dad is very happy there

Dad is very very happy there at Brighton Gardens of Edison. It is a nice facility, dad is clean and shaven and is very happy there.

Review of Ocean Retreat - Huntington Beach, CA

Spoke to Marisa and she was very helpful. We needed a place for my dad very quickly, and she was able to find a bed for him in a short period of time. My dad has only been there a few weeks, but so far everything is going well.

Very good

The staff helped provide for a very smooth transition for my elderly mother. No regrets

We are very pleased with them.

We are very pleased with them. My loved one is happy there, and things are going well. I don't have any concerns over the cleanliness, or anything else for that matter. All in all we are happy.

This facility, staff members and resi...

This facility, staff members and residents were warm and welcoming.

Great Place

My mom (71) has been at Brighton Gardens of Edison for nearly a year now. She had a stroke 9 years ago and is unable to really talk or walk.
The staff there seems to genuinely love her and she loves them too. They are very attentive and call whenever there is an issue. I think it's really clean and all the staff are cheerful and polite.

I think we made the right choice.

They even have a dog that lives there...

Seems like a nice place

We placed our loved one here for a short respite stay, and overall we've been very impressed by the service they provide! The aides have been very helpful and friendly, and the facility itself is well kept and clean. She really seems to be enjoying the daily activity schedule and meals, as well.

Overall it's going well.

Overall it's going well. They keep the community clean and the staff is friendly. I am having a little bit of an issue getting information, and a return call, so their response has been slow, almost a month. We haven't had any complaints about food or laundry. I can't think of anything else that could be improved or done better, except getting back to me faster.

Not a good permanent solution

Mom did a brief rehab stay here, and the care they provided was fine. They also had assisted living available, and we considered keeping her on as assisted living. After touring other locations we decided there were better options elsewhere for permanent solutions, and went with another community for that.

Sunrise Senior Living

Hi there, if you could please share your concerns we'd be happy to follow up as we would like to learn more! You can email us at Information (At) SunriseSeniorLiving (Dot) Com. Thanks!

Definitely would recommend it

The cleanliness is excellent, my aunt has a very high care level and they seem to be able to meet her needs. She does particiapte in activities and I know she likes bingo and flower arrangements, some of the games they play and sometimes the have Bible studies she goes to. Sometimes she complains she has to wait too long when she rings the bell but I think that might be normal or average for a place that has a lot of people. They did say that she would have the same caregiver all the time and I don't know if that's improved but in the begining there were several but I would definitely recommend it for another family.

We love this community

We love this community. Our loved one is really happy here they just know how to take care of their residents. The staff here is very friendly, helpful and accommodating. They really try the best they can. We are very pleased with and would recommend Brighton Gardens to anyone.

Sneaky

The staff feel they have the right to remove items from apartments without Giving any form of notice to the family or resident, they just take it when the resident is out of the room. They have very little to offer anyone with a hearing problem. They provided No notice to residents or families about a bed bug problem they were having. They send reports to the residents family Doctor without telling the resident or their family. They Change staff often. For what this place charges, I don't feel it's worth it.

This was the first assisted living fa...

This was the first assisted living facility I've seen and the Director was very helpful in explaining the facility, giving me a tour and answering my questions. As I noted with Sunrise of East Brunswick, I like the concept of designated case managers, life enrichment managers, and the community pets.

Very nice,

Very nice,

24 hr skilled nursing care presbyte...

24 hr skilled nursing care presbyterian services weekly- Sundays

Brighton Gardens of Edison is located just minutes from the Garden State Parkway, the New Jersey Turnpike, Route 1, Route 287, and is within walking distance from the Metro Park train station. Residents may enjoy the many nearby attractions including the Menlo Park Mall, seasonal farmers markets, and the local YMCA located next door to the community. Brighton Gardens of Edison is located just 2 miles from Roosevelt Park, which features a beautiful lake, seasonal plays held in the park, fishing, walking paths and picnic areas. We pride ourselves in our cultural activities, our joy in service, involving friends and family, all while championing the quality of life for all seniors. Come in today to experience our warm homelike neighborhoods including our five star rated Skilled Nursing.