Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center - Somerset, NJ

Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center - Somerset, NJ has yet not published prices.

• Recreational & Social Activities
  • Wound Care / VAC
  • Ostomy Care
  • Onsite Laboratory and X-ray

Review of Somerset Woods

My loved ones stay this time was good. Their rehab therapy was really helpful for her. I think there is a lack of help, especially with the nursing assistants. I noticed this especially throughout the day and the evening. It seems like there were a lot of people that had to wait to get help. Their nurses need more help. I only saw one person on the floor for the cleaning. They need more people cleaning.

Review of Somerset Woods

Their rehab therapists are very good. The ones they have are very nice but not enough of them. They are very short-handed. There is nobody to take care of these people. The aides we have had problems with. Leaving patients for a long time when they need help. The housekeeping does not come to clean up under the beds or nothing.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehab and Nursing Center

They are doing fantastic. Most of the staff is very friendly. I have recommended it. The nursing department has a very clear communication and they call me back right away if they need to find out the answer.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehab and Nursing Center

They were very helpful. I was there before myself. The nurses were good. The social worker went out of his way to help. They had good communication. Most of the staff was very friendly. My husband should have had more walking when he was there.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehab and Nursing Center

I would definitely recommend the facility. The staff is loving and caring. It is clean. My husband doesn't like the meals, but I think they are doing a good job.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehab and Nursing Center

The care is excellent and the staff is excellent. The therapy is very good. The nurses are excellent. His therapist is very friendly and the social worker is very professional and friendly. It appears to be clean. The meals are not gourmet, but they are tasty. At times, they are understaffed. I did participate in one discharge meeting with social services. No one explained anything to him when he arrived and we did not know how things worked.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehab and Nursing Center

The rehab was fantastic. Everybody was very friendly. I had no problem with housekeeping. The communication was pretty good. The social worker was very friendly. Sometimes I had to talk to the social worker to get things done, but once I told them, they made sure things were done. Sometimes things he ordered were not on his tray.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehab and Nursing Center

I have recommended Somerset Woods to friends and they and their families have been really happy. My mom has been there two or three times already and we keep going back because, in general, everything has been very good. They're all very friendly. I like the therapy staff. They seem to be very good and dedicated. The social worker has always been very attentive and responsive when there is a concern. The cleaning is good. The communication is generally good. They were very attentive when she first came in. They took care of things immediately. Some of the nurses are very attentive and responsive. They do really well at getting her the right medications and equipment. The food is okay. The communication between different staff members hasn't been so good. Sometimes things happen and no one can explain them

Review of Somerset Woods Rehab and Nursing Center

Some of the wait times to get someone to help were very extensive. It was on average three hours, depending on the shift. The nursing staff would be there and they refused to help. They even lost her clothing. The meals could use more vegetables. The employees kind of take over the dining room on the first floor. It doesn't feel like it's for the patients. Communication is really bad. There were some discrepancies about medications.

Review of Somerset

I liked what I saw and thought the facility was very clean. The staff has been top-notch!

Review of Somerset

It's going very well. The head of the PT is outstanding the social worker is outstanding. I'd give everyone top marks. They could remove the garbage more.

Review of Somerset

They're doing everything great! They're very clean. I already recommended them to everyone that I know of! Otherwise, my loved one is in a good place!

Review of Somerset

We are very happy with Somerset Woods rehab! I do not know much of the staff individually but they have been great across the board. All the staff members were friendly!

Review of Somerset

We have used Somerset Woods before for my loved one. The social worker was really really helpful. As well as one of the aides. They were also very helpful throughout his stay. The meals were better this time than the last time he was here.

Review of Somerset

The people are very attentive, they're good with the patients. It's a nice facility. The doctor there is really good. Sometimes when you ask for assistance they say that they will be back and then never return. The place is clean, but the floors in the rooms are sometimes really filthy. My loved one is okay with the food. She isn't head-over-heels about it. Anything I need or anything I ask they always come back with a thorough answer.

Review of Somerset

They were caring in terms of her well-being and not injuring her in any way when they had to do procedures. They were very kind to her and made her feel like a real human being. They went out of their way when my wife needed anything. If she asked them for anything and they would drop whatever they were doing and help her. It was like they were treating her like she was their own mother. They were extremely friendly. If you walk somebody in the hall they would always say hello. The cleanliness was exceptional, except for the weekends. The food wasn't anything to rave about. They failed to talk to me directly.

Review of Somerset

We're overall pleased. My loved one had been going to a different facility for rehab before and we didn't want to take her back there. This seems brighter, airier. Seems like she's getting more care here than she was at the other place. Everybody's been very nice. It is very clean. They've been very strategic with the coloring - they all help to brighten the space and make it feel full of light. She likes the food, but it's cold. It's not hot when she gets it. I asked when my mom first got there if they could cut her food up and they've done that ever since so she can eat on her own.

Review of Somerset

My loved one says the meals are pretty good!

Everything was good!

Overall, it was good.

Review of Somerset

They don't clean up quickly enough. They take too long to come to do things that are necessary for my wife. There isn't very much nursing care to it. The meals lack visual appeal. They are not accurate in what they bring, and it's never hot.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

Everyone has been really wonderful and they are very kind, caring and responsive. The lady who feeds my mom is very kind, patient and supportive. My mom has been doing well since she got there.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

The staff care is very good. They are very attentive and are responsive. My loved one said that she is improving and the occupational therapist has been very good. The staff is very friendly, the nursing care is very good and it is very clean. It has taken quite a while to attend to her special meals for her medical condition. It seems they have a better idea of what she can eat. When I am there, the communication is very good but if I did not go there I do not know if they would contact me. I met with the whole team on Monday but I am still waiting to hear from the social worker.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

I have recommended Somerset to a friend. The nurses were so attentive and took great care of the patients. My loved one did complain some about the meals.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

It has been good for my father so far. He said that the therapy is fine and the staff is nice. The place is clean and the communication is pretty good. The social worker has been helpful and set up a conference call to talk about things. When my father had to go to the hospital they called me about it. He is not very fond of the food and it is bland so he complains about it. They missed a few pills and it took a few days to get it straightened out so that was a little upsetting.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

The staff was very friendly and the cleanliness was excellent! The communication could improve.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

The staff was friendly and the care was okay but they need better management. The cleanliness needs to improve because there were things on the floor in my loved one's room. The food was terrible.

It was great!

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

They are taking care of my uncle and he is very happy there. They help with any pain he has. They are kind to him. The nurses are excellent. They are very helpful to him. Everybody is very helpful and they are very easy to talk to. They are on top of everything. I think the communication is excellent and they call me with updates.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

I will say this when I originally walked through the main door I very pleased with the receptionist. I really appreciated the way the system the facility uses for signing in visitors. I feel as though it respects the family's privacy while making it easier to see who is visiting your loved one. Usually, when you visit a facility there is an open notebook with all of the names for all of the residents having visitors.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

They have good physical therapy. I can see his progress and I see the interest and having a meeting with the therapist and she was excellent with how he is doing. They are very supportive of my husband. Everything is clean that I can see. My husband is a big eater and he eats everything. The social worker is very nice and he is very attentive and detailed in the meeting we had.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

The nurses are good but my loved one is having a hard time eating the meals that she is getting.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

The main issue is my loved one hits the button to go to the bathroom, and it takes upwards of an hour to get a response. The nursing staff is overwhelmed, but they could be more cordial. She's on a specialized diet, and she's getting things not on that diet to eat.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

My dad didn't have a pleasant experience. He was transferred late in the night but it wasn't Somerset’s fault. The actual food there was terrible. I didn't know it was going to be that bad. Overall, it was pretty good and clean. The hallways the lobby was always clean. The kitchen seems to be pretty clean for the most part. The communication wasn't as good.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

All of the people in the therapy room were great! Overall the nurses didn't show any compassion. They were just uncompassionate. The food could be better. It made the hospital food look good. I didn't get any communication. The aides were much better than the nurses.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

It was a very nice and clean facility! The communication was very good. My husband had no problems with the nurses. They have an excellent team here! The rehab was very good too. Somerset did a good job at cultural accommodation with the meals!

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

The recreation is incredible and it was very clean! My mom said the meals were great!

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

The aides and nurses were very attentive to my needs. The therapy was excellent. Any time I had a question someone was able to answer them.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

I felt that they took good care of my father. They were very friendly and his care manager was really nice. I was pretty satisfied with my fathers' nurses and the communication. It was a really clean facility!

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

They treat her well and take care of her well. We are very pleased. The nursing care is great. One of the aides takes care of my mother and is on point, she does her job with an A+ and communicates well.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

The people are great and my dad is happy. Especially compared to the other place he was at. According to him, the meals are fine.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

The nursing care is very good!

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

The nurses were very informative. The aides kept my husband nice and clean. The nurses were very informative and you can tell they really cared about her job. It's a very beautiful place.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

The therapists were excellent! The nurses were great but I felt that they were understaffed. The night crew was very friendly. The administrator was very approachable and responsive.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

My wife wasn't in the position to do therapy but I give the therapists an A for effort. The nurses tried their best to get her to take her medications. The dining staff tried to accommodate her the best they could.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

The social worker was just very informative and caring. For the most part, the aides are good, but sometimes they are not available. The PA is excellent and the nurses and aids are good. The meals were good but maybe they could be a little bit softer. The place is very clean but the nurses were not consistent.

The therapy was great!

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

The therapy is very good. The nurses and aides are very good too. Some of the aides are not happy or gracious. I would say it is clean. The food could be a lot better, the quality is not the best.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

My mom has not had any problems with the nurses and the aides were great! I felt that the therapists push my mom a little hard in her sessions. The meals vary, some are good but others are horrible. They could use improvement in communication. The housekeeping is only there during certain times of the day and on the weekends the garbage piles up.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

The meals were not good and when my mom would order something it wasn't guaranteed that she would get it.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

They call me if there is anything they think I need to know. The social worker was very helpful. The aides are very nice but I expect more from them. Especially after our short stay on the first floor. We had a great experience and now our stay on another floor is not great. They don't change their diapers as frequently as they should. It was clean except when it was smelt bad. My mother had food all over her chest after meal time and the aide said that it was okay.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

The nurses are great, the aids are great, and everyone is so giving. The aides are all so good! Some days the cleanliness is better than others. The experience has been good so far but the food quality is horrible. My father said that the food is either burnt or doesn't have any flavor.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

The nursing care is pretty good. My mom is not really happy with the food and service for the food is terrible. It is cold and she does not get what she ordered. It is daily problem. They seem to be understaffed at night and I do not get much of an update.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

It was a relatively new place and it seemed to be clean. The meals were fine. Some of the nurses were better than others. The aides that I saw helping her were doing their best, but they seem understaffed. Some were very friendly, but the nurse at the nursing station was not very friendly at all. She told me that I was giving her attitude because I was upset that no one told me my mom wasn't getting her medicine.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

Between the administrative and nursing staff it is horrible. The social worker hung up on me and the admin manager seemed to pick and choose when he would call me back and when he had others call me.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

The facility is doing good work. My loved one said he is doing the work in therapy so that is good. The staff is very efficient. The meals are not the greatest.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

It is clean. Everybody is polite so far. I do not have any complaints. She had some rehab therapy in the beginning but not now. The staff seem to be okay and if I ask for something they are able to help me with whatever answers to my questions. They are friendly and they say hi to me in the hallway. It is pretty clean. The meals look good and we were here for lunch and dinner sometimes. They communicate and call me if there is something they need to tell me.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

They always have been accommodating to me and my sister is not the easiest patient I am sure. They try to accommodate her needs. They are very nice. The ones I have had contact with are great, and very nice and accommodating. Everyone is very friendly. The admissions ladies and the social worker are all wonderful. It is a new facility with no complaints for the cleanliness. When she first got there she complained about the food but now she is saying some of the food is delicious. I looked at 12 facilities before being accepted there and I am so grateful she got into this facility. I have no complaints at all. If I go to the nurses’ station they will stop and tell me how she is doing and that is always positive.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

I'd recommend Somerset Woods!

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

The staff's friendliness is why my loved one came back to this facility when we found out she was going to need therapy again. The staff is just wonderful. There are a few in particular that really stand out. The whole nursing staff is fantastic. The communication is great up there! A lot of the patients complain about the meals though. They complain about them being cold and have to get their meals microwaved after delivered.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

Overall I'd recommend Somerset Woods, but the meals are terrible. If you know the players and who to talk to, you get good information.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

It is a very good rehab. Sometimes, I come in and it's a mess. The food could be a little better for him. Sometimes the food is so dry.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

When we talk to the nurse the nurse is always very nice and caring. The nurses are all very nice but they are understaffed. We are paying out of pocket and so far we are somewhat disappointed. The meals are okay.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation And Nursing Center

It was very clean. I thought the staff and nurses were very friendly. My loved one made good friends with one of the nurses.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation And Nursing Center

I think the aides and everyone is wonderful. There are things that sometimes there is a delay getting service and a cushion for wheelchair.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation And Nursing Center

My loved one likes it there and she feels comfortable. The staff is very attentive and very nice. Overall they are all very good at their jobs. It's very clean. They give just the right amount and if she does not like the meal they change it up for her with no issues. The social worker is very attentive and is always giving me updates on my mom with follow up.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation And Nursing Center

They were attentive to him and it was a nice place. The therapy really helped him. The therapy is very good and he actually enjoyed it and he liked the therapist. He said he was their best patient. They came to the room and did therapy with him. They had him down in the therapy room in less than a week. The nurses are very good. He did not complain about anything. We visited after work and we only saw him getting his meds. It was always clean when I was there. We had meetings with the social worker who gave us updates after his first week and they were always available by phone.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation And Nursing Center

Overall I'd recommend Somerset Woods! The meals were not that great.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation And Nursing Center

The therapists are doing great. Everyone has been really, really attentive and nice. It's very clean. I have meetings and they are very on top of communications.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation And Nursing Center

They are fabulous. The staff are good to her. They are clean and take care of her every need. The therapy is excellent. They get her up and get her to activities and she gets her hair done once a week. The staff is very friendly and always happy to see us! They are on top of it. Her room is always clean. It is a very clean place. We have quarterly meetings and they are on top of it.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation And Nursing Center

My mother seems to be happy with the rehab. She has been there for over 3 weeks and they are having trouble with her dietary needs. The aides have been amazing and she deals with them the most. The one or two head nurses have been amazing. The kitchen manager has been good but the food is over cooked. Maybe it is microwaved but it is cold.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation And Nursing Center

They are great they are just overworked and understaffed. The nursing aides are great. It's immaculate. They are working on the meals.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation And Nursing Center

She enjoys the therapy and she believes it is definitely helping her. We had a care meeting where they discussed the progress and said that she is meeting all of her goals. They were unable to get her meals correct and there was a bad interaction with a specific aide. I did meet with the administrator to go over my concerns and it has improved.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation And Nursing Center

Some were friendly. At the beginning but if you voiced a concern they were not as friendly. There is a lack of attentiveness to his needs. There was a great difficulty reaching the people. He is being discharged in a wheelchair and they were supposed to get him walking and that did not happen. There's a long time wait for bathroom. The communication for getting transportation was poor.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation And Nursing Center

My wife seems to be coming along. I cannot walk on my own and I have to use a wheelchair. When I visit I have to wheel from the entrance to wherever she is. I really appreciate the staff members that have taken the time to wheel me to and from the front entrance during my visits. A couple girls have gone out of their way to do so. However, ask any member, the whole place is disorganized. When I visited I noticed some things I did not like regarding the cleanliness of the facility.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation And Nursing Center

There was complete unresponsiveness from the administrator. The place is beautiful as a facility. It is a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation And Nursing Center

We had been there before and we did not have a good experience this time around. It was mostly communication. I do not know if they followed through on everything. They might have been understaffed

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

I definitely would recommend it so far. From the start my mother has been thrilled, the place has been exceptional.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

So far everything is good.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

We like it there and all of the people are good and helpful. I like her being there. They are very good and patient. They are very good and she is being cared for. They are good and very friendly. The social services director is well versed and full of information. The place is nice and close to where I live. It is really clean. The problem with the nurses they have a change of shift and they did not have time to check the charts. I do not get much information.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

I'd recommend Somerset Woods!

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

Somerset woods was suggested, and we do like it here. The facility is very nice and the people are very nice. There are things that I see that I see that I think should be done, but they don't get done at rehab. He is almost not capable of improving on physical therapy, but I did attend one session. The people did the best they could, but he is unresponsive. I would give them a A for effort! It's been good. I don't have any problems with anything that I have seen there. He has a nice, spacious, single room. They are good about explaining things to me. They were really fantastic! They are very good and professional. They listen and explain and take the time. They keep in touch, if there is a problem. And when I call there they are quick to respond.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

Their communication is very good. Sometimes the staffing is low especially on weekends and the food needs to be improved.
Sometimes the food is not edible.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

The place is new and clean. It is a good facility. It is pretty clean. They need to pay more attention to the patients' requirements. I do not think they are following what I wrote down for her for meals. The director of social services is very caring and explains all of the options.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

It's not bad, and not perfect!

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

The staff is very friendly. The nurses are proactive with things making sure she has rights medications, or when that have to get a hold of the doctors. They are pleasant. Like all facilities, the staff quality is on an individual basis. They are slow at responding when she buzzes the light, and food is bad. The food is cold, it is not a very good selection. I like to see a daily report when I go in. Just at status like making sure her medications and any instances. I am hearing one thing from my mother and there are other things they are telling me.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

They gave no baths, no activities, took 5 days for bed rails after I signed for the first day. I waited 30 minutes to sign papers and they said to go and now sending me bills. Only thing they did for her was give her meals. We paid $400 a day and she did not get any services. It set her back sitting in a bed all day for a week and not using her walker. I paid $4,000 and they cashed the check immediately. The staff spent 45 minutes looking for paperwork. We had trouble getting her diaper changed. The hygiene was disgusting, they did not clean my mom.

Review of Somerset Woods Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

They are absolutely fantastic!

Review of Somerset Woods Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

Sometimes the weekend staff is different than week day staff. The therapists are doing good with her. The nursing care has been good. On the weekends, it is different. My mom loves the food and thinks it is great.

Review of Somerset Woods Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

It's been a good experience at Somerset Woods. During the week the communication is good. The weekend communication is a little less reliable.

Review of Somerset Woods Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

It was great. On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give 100! The staff gave my loved one lots of hugs. The nurses were wonderful to her as well. Communication with me was perfect.

Review of Somerset Woods Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

They are wonderful and they a caring and the doctor is wonderful. The nurses and staff are caring and nice. They do a nice job with the cleanliness. Communication is very good. The social worker has been very good. The meals are not good though.

Review of Somerset Woods Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

My loved one is doing well and is settled in. All of the staff is positive. The nurses are very good. The meals have gotten better and the portions are bigger. Communication is good. Everyone has been accessible and returning calls. They check on his well being and the counselors for activities are going well.

Review of Somerset Woods Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

She has stayed at the facility several times. Overall each stay goes smoothly however the meals at the facility have been consistently horrible throughout the visits.

Review of Somerset Woods Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

The nurses are good. The staff were very friendly. There were some little things. They were short-staffed. The food was good. She is picky eater. Meals are not consistent in time delivery. At 10am, there was no breakfast yet. There needs to be better communication with the aides working there. I am having to tell the aides what the patients' needs are.

Review of Somerset Woods Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

The therapists are very professional. Overall the facility is pretty good. The nurses are pretty good overall. It was better than my expectations. The staff was very friendly. The staff is doing their best to communicate with me. They let me know what is going on and what they can do. The communication is not good because mom has limited English. Most of the staff are pretty good and friendly, but mom complained that some are not very patient or friendly. It is pretty clean. He ordered fish was really, really deep fried fish and hard to chew. The variety is very limited.

Review of Somerset Woods Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

I'd recommend Somerset Woods to a friend.

Review of Somerset Woods Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

Rehab was very good. The nurses were great. There was a lot of confusion last week with the medication. It was a holiday weekend with temp staff helping the patients. The head doctor is sensational. They really tried. We liked the head nurse and the nurse scheduler.

Review of Somerset Woods Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

The staff did fine. They were friendly. It is a new-looking place.

Review of Somerset Woods Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

I think he is getting very good care. It is very clean. The rehab is excellent and very good. I like the manager of PT. There are some staff that are extraordinary. Some of the aides do not have good listening or are not as patient as they should be. Sometimes the call bell is not reachable. It varies by nurse. The majority are very good. I like the unit secretary, and the nursing unit manager. I also like one of the social workers, she communicates well. The food needs to be better quality. It does not taste good and it is not hot.

Review of Somerset Woods Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

The people are great and they have a fantastic staff. They are very caring and responsive. The nurses were great and responsive. The cleanliness was exceptional. They talked to me wonderfully and never avoided me. The rehab therapy is great. Her normal aides in the day and night were fantastic. There was confusion about the bed rail and alarm. I am not sure they could have done any better. It may be the regulations in New Jersey. My mom does not communicate well and does not press the buzzer for help and tries to get out by herself. She does not realize to push the buzzer for help.

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

The people, the nurses, the staff - they are beautiful people. They have the most beautiful personalities I have ever met at a nursing home. I am very happy with things there. It's very clean. If I could give it a 10 out of 5, I would!

Review of Somerset Woods Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

Overall she is doing good. I have to ask for showers for my loved one and the food is cold so that's why the experience was only fair.

Review of Somerset

So far, everything is going just great! You can tell the staff really cares about the patients. The nurses are very concerned about my loved one and are always letting me know what is going on. The facility is very clean! They are always reaching out and making phone calls. We are well informed!

Review of Somerset

It has gone so well for my father here, literally across the board. We are so pleased with the care he is receiving! Two of his nurses have really stood out to us. Across the board, the staff is great. He has actually gained weight this week because he is enjoying the food so much! Communication is an area we are most pleased with. They have been terrific at keeping us informed and involved. We would definitely recommend this facility.

Review of Somerset

So far, everything is going very well here for us. The staff is very friendly, and we would definitely recommend the facility. The nursing care is very good! A CNA is especially helpful and kind.

Review of Somerset

They are taking good care of my loved one at this facility. The rehab is very good. She likes the meals. Sometimes it takes a while for help to come to her.

Review of Somerset

We have been very pleased with our experience at this facility. We did our research, and this is the one we chose. My loved one really likes the therapy team. He gets excellent care from the nurses. The staff are very helpful and friendly. The cleanliness is very good. At times, we really struggle with his appetite, and he really likes the meals at the facility.

Review of Somerset

My loved one was very comfortable there. It was a very pleasant environment, and he had a private room and bath. The people were very helpful, and they were willing to help with anything. If I had questions, they answered. They all did a great job keeping me informed. The rehab therapy was very good, and he was very happy with it. The facility was very clean. The food was horrific and inedible. He is used to home-prepared meals to his liking. I brought him food. He only ate the oatmeal.

Review of Somerset

Overall, my loved one's stay here went well. The meals were not quite what they could have been. The dining service was also rough. If you made a special request, you would not know whether or not it would be fulfilled. When you order anything, it may or may not come back.

Review of Somerset

My only concern really had to do with the night-shift care. At times, it seemed as though it took much longer than during the day to receive care. Also, some of the staff members at night did not have as positive of an attitude as the daytime shifts.

Review of Somerset

The facility is clean. Most of the staff go above and beyond, but a few do the bare minimum. We especially like one of the nurses and two of the aides. The meals need some improvement.

Review of Somerset

The occupational therapist as well as the physical therapist my wife works with do very well with her. Our main concern is with the diet not meeting her needs. In the beginning, we were told there would be options, as well as the ability to provide meals that meet her dietary needs, and so far it has been an issue having this carried out. The nurses are not responsive. I do realize there are many patients. However, at times, my wife will wait 30 to 40 minutes for assistance. If there is a way, it would even be nice for them to do check-ins on her to tell her someone is coming to help. Some of the aides have been especially friendly. There is an aide that usually cares for her in the morning, and another aide that she especially likes. Her room has not been cleaned in three days.

Review of Somerset

I think the level of service is inconsistent. We had a couple of mishaps there. I think it is the way it is managed. The quality of care varies for the nurses. There was one aide for 15 patients.

Review of Somerset

The social services director is good at keeping me informed. Our experience with the admissions staff was a disaster. The nursing staff is indifferent at times. They have had trouble getting pain medication to my loved one at the right time. He is hardly eating.

Review of Somerset Woods

It is great place to be. It stays clean. They could use another cook in the kitchen. They are on top of keeping me informed.

Review of Somerset Woods

It was alright. My loved one was very weak throughout her stay, so certain aspects are difficult to judge. The nursing staff administered medicine and they walked away instead of waiting for the patient to take it. They are a little short of staff, but everyone was friendly. The facility was clean. They were good about keeping us up to date on her care.

Review of Somerset Woods

It is pretty decent. The nurses seem very nice. My sister is very pleased with the PT person. The aides are sweet. The head social worker works very hard and is wonderful. This is my sister's second time there and we find him very caring and good. It is basically clean. Sometimes I see papers on the floor. The nurse was willing to call the cleaning staff for help. There is no urine smell. My sister is not pleased with the food. They put a white sauce on everything and she does not like it. She wants a lot of fresh fruit. Communication is excellent. They call immediately about everything.

Review of Somerset Woods

It is very clean. The meals seem adequate but came late. They have called me on a number of things so I am informed.

Review of Somerset Woods

They offered activities my husband would enjoy but did not offer assistance to get to the activity. The rehab therapy was excellent. There were several times I came in and my husband's dressings hadn't been changed or had been done incorrectly. There was another incident where my husband wanted a substitute meal and he called down the kitchen to explain he couldn't eat what he was served and it took two hours before he received any food. Messes weren't cleaned up in a timely manner.

Review of Somerset Woods

Everyone is wonderful. Everyone is very nice and caring. The meals are fine. My loved one was a little upset with the care on his bottom. He needs a little more sanitary cleaning. That was only one little issue. The facility is clean. He knocks things over getting out of bed, but it is clean. They are not too good with communication. They do not call if there is a health issue. The nurse said they should call of any changes in his health. The LPN is very caring and attentive. Some nurses ask if my loved one needs his pain medication, and others do not ask him.

Review of Somerset Woods

The service could have been a little quicker. They had very good rehab services. The nurses were all great. The aides were good. The staff was very friendly. We had to ask for the room to be cleaned. The microwave was filthy. The meals were very bad. The communication was very good. The social worker was very good.

Review of Somerset Woods

Everything seemed fine. It was very clean and nice. They were really good about informing me. Someone called last night about him going to the hospital, and she was really sweet and on top of it. My loved one wound up on the floor a couple of times in the middle of the night.

Review of Somerset Woods

My mom's therapy is going well. The staff have been amazing to my mom and me. They work around her schedule and the family's time. When my mom needs assistance, it takes a little bit longer for them to get to her room and ask her what's going on. It's not terrible. The cleanliness is not too bad. It took two to three days days for a housekeeper. The floors were dirty. The next day, it was done. They've been on top of it since then. Every time I go in, they always tell me what's going on.

Review of Somerset Woods

Sometimes they are understaffed. The nurses seem to know what they are doing. Some of the aides are not reading the charts. My loved one never gets the food she orders. I have to go and ask the nurse for information.

Review of Somerset Woods

The nursing supervisor and director are not on top of things. They need to call the family if the patient has an issue or asks them to do something. They just ignore him. He asked for his treatment and the nurse just ignored him, even though it was ordered by the hospital. I called the director and spoke to him about it, and that same day he still had the same nurse! They need to keep in mind that not all of their patients have dementia. Some are completely capable of speaking for themselves! The therapy seems pretty good. Some nurses need raises, and some need to get their act together. All the staff are very polite. It is very clean. The meals can be improved. They don't keep me informed.

The attentiveness and the food are the best parts. The staff is very attentive. My loved one enjoys the meals, especially the dinners. Therapy is going good, at first it wasn't so great.

I would recommend Somerset Woods.

If I could give a 6, I would. I am very happy with everything and everyone there. My loved one does rehab every day and I've noticed improvement in her. They give good reports about how's she's doing. They give the correct meals according to her diet and it's very healthy. She eats better there than she has in two years.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. They kept her clean and the room clean. For the care that they did give, it was overall good, but I don’t think they are equipped to deal with my mom’s behavior issues. Every day they would let me know what they did with my mom. They had family meetings to discuss how they can work with her and what they need to do about her combative behavior. She was not able to eat the food too much. The selection was okay, they had something different for everyday. I tasted the food and it was not too great. The type of foods that they were giving her had a lot of starch and didn't seem to be very healthy.

It was very clean. I was kept very aware of how things were going. They were very accommodating with the meals and brought her something else when she wanted it, but the food was still terrible.

I would recommend it for the rehab therapy. That has been very helpful. The food is really bad and some of the aides aren't helpful. The nurses are great but the aides are not. The facility is almost new so everything is great, but the microwave is really dirty. My loved one didn't really care for the food. They didn't give him what he requested. They gave him expired fruit that should have been thrown out. He requested tea and they gave him coffee.

I wish my loved one was getting more therapy. They are good about calling me when she has a problem. She is a fussy eater and I have to bring food in for her.

Everyone has been very helpful and very nice to my mom. They are very good at keeping me informed. They are always there to answer my questions. They are good at including me in the care meetings. I haven't heard my mom complain about anyone being mean to her. My mom has not been getting out of her room to eat, but the meals seem to be okay. I have been there twice on the weekend, and the bathroom hasn't been as clean as it should have been. The floor in the shower seems to get gross around a barrier that keeps the water from going out.

The facility is brand new and beautiful, but communication from them was not very good. He wasn't eating the food that they were giving him and no one was ever notified about him not eating. There were times where my loved one was not changed into his day clothes, he was still in his night clothes at 1:30 p.m.

Brand New Community

My sister is doing about as good as she can with her dementia being here. She doesn't want to be here she would rather go home but that is not possible. She is choosing not do any of the activities they offer. She feels that she has no one to talk to due to the advanced dementia residents on the floor. She doesn't go down to the dining area.When she eats she doesn't like it but I'm sure it is good. The staff is very kind and patient.I feel that being still new they might be understaffed.

Had complaints first week. seems to have improved.

Don't be afraid to complain. Service for mom was very slow. Had meeting. Much improved. She loves the food. Says the aides and nurses are nice.

Would like to see chair exercise every week day.

I would recommend Somerset Woods Rehabilitation & Nursing Center to a friend.

They are excellent about letting me know what is going on. I especially want to thank the Director of Admissions. She is extraordinary and very helpful. He enjoys his meals they are good.

So far it’s been very good!

They are very accommodating during this stressful time. Everyone there is wonderful. My father looks forward to meal time. The doctors talk to me about how he's doing often.

Everything was great while my sister was here! The nursing staff was good with the exception of a few individuals. The food was great and the community was beautiful. They could work on their communication skills a little more. It's very close to where I live so hopefully when I’m older I can go there.

I would recommend Somerset Woods Rehabilitation & Nursing Center to a friend or a family member!

The therapy is defiantly a high score. It’s understandable my mother’s clothing got lost, but they still have not replaced it. Certain CNA's don’t smile. I go in smiling and sometimes I don't get a response. I know they are maybe lacking in staff as it is a newer place and they're overwhelmed. They could use some work on communication.

The therapy is helping and she really enjoys it. They are always cleaning. If I asked them for anything, they would have an answer for me right away.

Rehab is going very well. They take good care of her, they don't come around as often, but they do what they can. It was clean when she came back from the hospital, but it had gotten cluttered and she started to clean the room herself. She had problems swallowing and they were giving her pureed food. Now she can swallow, but they still haven’t given her solid food even though she has asked for it. They call me when there is problem or something needs to be addressed.

It wasn't a gratifying experience for us. My wife and I both came out with pneumonia before leaving this place.

They are doing a very good job motivating her. She is exercising every day and walking again. The nurses attend to her needs. They just don't come soon enough when she rings the buzzer. It worries me because she could fall and it would take 30 minutes for them come to her room and find her. It's brand new so it's nice but the housekeeping can do a better job. Every time I visit there is tissue on the floor and they don't sweep or mop. The food is cold and they don't assist her with eating. She has cataracts and cannot see very well. She needs someone to feed her because she cannot do it herself. Every time I visit she is sad and upset. She rings the buzzer and they don't come to change her. They are caring for her but they cannot care for her the way she needs to be cared for. When I bring up issues they are friendly and try to resolve the issues I bring up. It just upsets me because she needs more help. They need more people, there is one lady who I have seen doing five things at once. They are improving but at this point I would not recommend them until they resolve their issues.

The therapy was good. My mother did not have a good experience with them and neither did I. My mother got scabies here and they tried to convince me that she did not get it in here. This was a brand new community so we thought it would work out. They are really understaffed. The therapists were phenomenal and they were friendly and they made my mom feel great. The nurses did not have my mother’s orders ready nor did they know what was going on with my mom. There were some staff that was friendly and nice and then there were others that you could tell did not want to be there. Mom got scabies from the room being so dirty. The food was really bland it's like hospital food. There was so many times that we would ask questions and all we would get were we will get to it. No one ever told us anything.

Somerset Woods is committed to providing the best ambience, service, therapies, and activities we can to make our residents’ time with us both productive and enjoyable. Every aspect of our newly constructed facility was carefully designed to provide the very best in comfort, care, and recovery for each and every resident. We offer a full suite of physical, occupational, speech, and respiratory therapies, as well as 24-hour skilled nursing care all geared toward residents recovering from illness, injury, or surgery. Each resident benefits from personalized plans for treatment, diet, and recreation, optimized to account for their physical needs and their personal preferences.