Cornell Care & Rehabilitation - Union, NJ

Cornell Care & Rehabilitation - Union, NJ has yet not published prices.

• Skilled Nursing
  • Respite Care
  • IV Therapy
  • Pain Management
  • Management and Evaluation
  • Wound Care / VAC
  • Care for seniors and adults recovering from an illness

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

I'm very pleased with them. I have no problems with it. My loved one is clean and they check to make sure she is okay. When I walk in it is clean. I am getting my questions answered. I haven't spoken to a doctor yet in two weeks. But I have spoken to others.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

I've had excellent communication with the facility! It is the overall quality of the food that could use improvement.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

It's been good. They have really been friendly. It is clean. The admissions department is pretty good.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

I'd recommend Cornell Care & Rehab!

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

They are very good. The rehab was so helpful and husband is so different than when he got here. The staff and nursing care is very good. They have the best cleaning lady I have ever seen. She works so hard and does a great job. The staff's communication is very good.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

The nursing care is fantastic. It is clean, they constantly clean. It really impresses me. There's too much of the food. But it's good. They put him in a room that keeps him up all night, though.

I'd recommend Cornell.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

The nurses are very responsive and they have been very helpful. If I call for a question, they give me an answer. The staff are super helpful. Everything is pleasant with no bad odor. They offer a good variety with the meals. The physician and the nurses caring for her during the week day are good at communicating.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

It's pretty good. I have no complaints.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

My mom has been there two weeks with no communication on her health. I try to find a nurse to talk to one on one and they are not calling me. The doctor and the social worker do not contact me. The social worker is new. They are very friendly and helpful when you can track them down. They are doing their best to encourage my mom to eat. Everyone is extremely friendly. The place is not up to date and the short term areas is better than the long term areas. I am hesitate to think about long term there. There are no social workers contacting me and they were supposed within 48 hours of her being there.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

They do not have enough workers. The workers that are there do not care about the patients. However the therapy is good so far. They are loud in the hallways at night, and wait long time for call light. They did not give her medication correctly. My mom had to go to the hospital because of this. I have to give the staff direction for everything. I feel as though I also have to be very on top of the staff to make sure things are done correctly.

Unsatisfactory

I must say that this hospital/ nursing home is a big disappointment!!! I have a loved one who is currently a patient there and is not getting the care she deserves. She is suppose to receive her medication for chronic pain 3 times a day. The night shift never gives her the medication as a result she is up most of the night in pain. I addressed this issue with the evening manager and was told "it would be addressed." It never was addressed. The night nurse on duty says she gives the medication to my love one but it's a lie. We have video to prove its not being given as presclbed. I am very disappointed to say the least. As far as the food is concerned, I must say that it's nothing to write home about. I am going to have my love one transferred to another location, this place just doesn't cut it!!!

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

My loved one is healing quickly and they are doing everything 100%. He has improved very well in a matter of four days. I like the way they care for my loved one, they feed him and care. The nursing and staff care is very good. They are very friendly. The place is spotless. They have clean sheets all the time for him. He loves the food. He is very happy with it and he loves the cranberry juice.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

She has everything she needs, they come to help my loved one. The social worker is great. I never got updated though.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

They are doing what they are supposed to do to take care of her and that is important. They nurses and staff are very good and very friendly. The food could be a little bit better. Overall she likes the meal. I have not had any communication from them. Whoever is supposed to contact me about her care, I would like to hear from them.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

When I ask questions the facility is good about getting back to me with answer, especially when it comes to the nurses.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

The staff are very good and the nurses are nice. The place is clean. There were some things that happened with the medication and when I brought the paperwork. The first night there was a lack of communication between the hospital and the facility for her medication because they did not call the pharmacy.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

The rehab is good. Everything is okay but when she calls the nurse it takes a long time, they need more maybe. The cleanliness could improve.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

The cleanliness is good. There are couple staff that are very good and the rest I would not give you a dime for. They left her in a bed with the shades down and turned off the lights and it was not even 6:00. I wouldn't put my mother back there again. They do not acknowledge you unless you say hello. There's no pitcher of water on her tray. She needs to drink and a few days ago she did not eat. I was asking the nurses about it and they say they have to look so I said look. If I do not complain they don't do anything. They put the tray on the side her hand is bad and can't reach it. If I don't ask, nobody tells me nothing.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

The therapists are okay. The staff is not the best and not the worst. They have a lack of staff and communication. The cleanliness is pretty good. The floors are clean and the walls are very clean. It does not smell like a nursing home. The majority of the time the food is horrible. They do not communicate that great. The whole staff could improve on that.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

They communicate with me and they call me right away. They are good with the communication. They are very professional. They are very outspoken and they are very kind. It's very clean.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

It is good and they treated him well. The therapists helped him walk again. The nurses were good to him and helped him. Communication is good.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

This is the best place he can be! I do not have any concerns. The staff has been great to us and so kind and patient with my uncle. He is not the easiest to manage at times and they handle him so well. Sometimes the cleanliness can use improvement.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

The care is very good. I like that everyone is very friendly and cooperative. My loved one needs a lot of care and is in bad shape. They are very nice and good to him. They are all very friendly. I have been in communication with his nurses and the nurse practitioner and the social worker. We had a meeting.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

So far everyone has been courteous and helpful. I am new at this. My loved one is progressing fine. The nursing care is excellent. The meals are fine. I really liked the blonde haired lady who helped with the paper work for the admitting.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

It was okay. They were pretty friendly.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

He is complaining about the food being cold. They take a long time to help him. He has not seen a doctor and they take too long to help.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

This is her fourth visit there. The reason I keep sending her back is that they take good care of her there.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

My loved one was happy there and we all went to see him. It was a very friendly atmosphere. We could visit him any time. They helped with his legs. As far as I could see the facility was well kept. They let us know what was happening with him too.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

The services and nurses are very catering to my mom and very helpful. We had a family meeting and they were very informative. She likes all of the staff.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

They are taking very good care of my husband and they are very helpful. We like the lady in the office.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

My loved one is happy and got everything he need. Everything is 100%. It's great and going good for him. He loves the rehab!

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

It is not a first class facility but it is good! The staff would call me.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

They took very good care of my loved one while she was at the facility.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

My friend wanted to go back there because she likes the PT. So far she does not have any difficulties. She has not complained to me about anything.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

I would recommend Cornell Hall! They have kept me informed every step of the way.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

I visit my father on the weekends and other family members are there for him as well. So far everything has gone well at the facility. They do a very good job with communication - both with me and my brother as well.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

Overall I would recommend Cornell Hall. I think you need family to help though. he staff are good with me, but once someone didn't return my phone call. We had a problem with one of the nurses. This person was rude and slammed the door during night shift.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

So far everything has gone smoothly. We have only had one concern and it was addressed and taken care of so at this point we are happy.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

I was impressed. He seemed happy being there. I saw a lot of nurses guiding people. The nurses seemed concerned and related to the patients. The staff were there with the people and paying careful attention. One time I was at the counter and I waited for an acknowledgment and no one came to ask if they can help me and it was a small issue. They do call his friend to let them know what is going on.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

A few of the aides treat you good, the others don't care. The food never comes out right, you have to wait. The meal is never the right thing, and the food is ice cold.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

They are pretty good at communicating with me. My concern is that they take too long for help to the bathroom and the place is not clean at all. I do not like the way they handle the people. The food is terrible and he does not get his food on time.

I regret sending my mom here. The staff I spoke to had no clue what was going on with her care. I was shock to walk in my mom's room yelling for someone to help her one staff member said she was like that all day . My mom passed away and everyday I have to live with the mistake of sensing her there

Review of Cornell Hall

So far it has been good. They are very accommodating. They call me whenever it is needed. They tried to help with my loved one's request. The dietitian tries to accommodate him. He likes the fruit.

Review of Cornell Hall

There are good people and they look after my dad. They are attentive and they contact me. He liked the PT people. He liked two of the nurses too. The cleaning staff make it smell better. They kept the odors down the best they can. The meals are good. They always accommodated with extra food.

Review of Cornell Hall

The workers are good and they are very supportive with his condition. It is a good experience for him. A lot of the staff speak the same language as him. Sometimes it is hard to reach them but once I contact them, but it is good.

Review of Cornell Hall

They are courteous and caring toward their patients. I am very grateful for how they are treating my mother. I am very pleased with the nurses. My mother's aide is fantastic. It would be nice to see religious TV programming instead of just the news, that's my only suggestion.

Review of Cornell Hall

Everything is going well here! The nurses are all great!

Review of Cornell Hall

Everything is going very well for my mother at the facility. The only drawback is that she isn't enjoying the meals. However, this could be because she has some dietary restrictions. It's very clean. I haven't had anyone reach out to me since the first time I spoke with someone. A woman called me to ask me questions. It would be nice to maybe receive a phone call once a week to keep me updated on her care because I am not able to go to the facility to see her as often as my father is.

Review of Cornell Hall

Everything so far is great and no issues yet. Everybody keeps me well informed.

Review of Cornell Hall

My mother's stay went well. The therapy staff is outstanding! It is a very clean building. She did like the meals there. They were pretty good at keeping my updated. It would have been nice for the staff to demonstrate a little more compassion to the patients. I realize it is a tough job but maybe just use a little more patience with the residents.

Review of Cornell Hall

I cannot complain. I just have minor concerns about the medication and some of the meals they are feeding her. We, our family, come in and do a lot of her care ourselves. The nurses are good about checking in on her.

Review of Cornell Hall

My sister is here for rehab and so far it has gone pretty well. The nurses are very good! We had a meeting and they all met with me about my sister's care.

Review of Cornell Hall

The staff were nice. They always got back to me. My loved one is back in the hospital and the operation was too severe and she was not ready for PT. When she would push the button for help, it took too long. She was not feeling good with her wound and she was hospitalized. She did not like the food.

Review of Cornell Hall

The nurses are all good. They seem like they could use a little more focus. There was a major disconnect between the hospital and the facility. I have to be on top of them for information. The guest bathrooms are rough. In my grandma's room it smelled bad.. The water was coming up from the sink and maintenance never arrived to help. The temperature of the food needs improvement.

Review of Cornell Hall

Both of my grandparents are there right now. I go there every day after work. They do have a language barrier. My grandparents speak Spanish so at times I'm not sure staff is able to communicate with them and follow through on their needs. For example my grandmother wanted to call me and the nurse did not provide her with the means to do so. They do not follow up with me and they are unorganized. The nurses did not follow the instructions from the doctor. Some of the staff seems to have pride and others seem to not care about their job. When I am in the facility they do seem friendly and say hello. The supervisor of housekeeping actually called me and told me they were going to take care of my concerns. He provided all his information, told me he followed through with my concerns, and let me know that I could reach back out to him anytime should I have concerns in the future. I do give him props for this.

Review of Cornell Hall

The day shift was okay but the night shift were not as attentive as the day shift. My loved one said the rehab therapy was good. We like the young male nurse and one of the LPNs. One of the nurses' aides was really good too. The nurse called with order changes and my brother went to see my dad and noticed he was not himself and called for a nurse. The meals look good.

Review of Cornell Hall

At first glance the facility seemed fine, however after bringing my mom home yesterday I noticed a few marks on her body. The facility did not contact me throughout the stay and I had not been notified of any situations in which this could have occurred. Because of my mom's condition, she could not have communicated this herself, she is completely reliant on others. The staff was very friendly, but I didn't hear from anyone. I would have preferred more phone calls in general especially since my mom cannot communicate.

Review of Cornell Hall

The therapists are pretty good. But I have some complaints. When she presses the button for help, they do not come to help. They got her food mixed up. Her brand new night gown was missing and finally it showed up soiled.

Review of Cornell Hall

I had a meeting with the staff and I gave them my concerns. The rehab therapy is fine. There are certain staff members we really liked.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

They know my loved one here and the service is okay. The nurses are kind and friendly. This is a clean building, but the remote that operates the bed is dirty. They need to change that. They need to upgrade the beds. The meals are okay. I don't get informed much, because when I get here after work, the staff is gone from the office.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

They do a good job, but some don't listen. Sometimes I ask them them to do something, and they don't it. The meals have been good. They call me for everything to keep me updated.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

Everything seems to be going pretty smoothly. Everything seems to be positive and on time. I like the atmosphere and surroundings. I would definitely recommend it. The girl that brings the food is nice. The cleanliness is pretty good. They serve fresh vegetables and things. They keep me informed.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

So far the service has been good. No complaints there. My loved one does not care for the meals, though.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

Everything is turning out great. I am being updated every day since my loved got there. The only thing he has complained about has been the food, and he's just used to his own food.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

They are taking good care of my loved one and meeting her needs. I would say the therapists are good. The staff is very friendly. They are very attentive when I am talking with them and handled everything very professionally. According to my loved one, the meals are pretty good.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

They are the best. My loved one was very sick and now he is getting better. The meals are wonderful.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

I know they are going to treat my loved one well and they will answer my questions.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

This is not the first time that we've used Cornell Hall, and the nurses and staff have always been very nice. My husband said it's clean there. The meals seem to be good.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

It has been a good experience. They take care of my loved one.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

I am pleased with what they have done so far. They have followed what I have asked for. The therapy has been great. The nurses seem nice. Everyone has been very friendly. It looks clean. My loved one has said the food is okay. I am getting a lot of phone calls and they are answering my questions.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

They are very good about keeping me informed. We like one of the aides and the therapist. Sometimes there is not enough assistance here to help. They have limited staff and the food sucks. The meals are horrible but the dining area is nice. We brought food from home.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

The accommodation was good. The service was good. They just need more personalized care. It's a good facility. The nurses were attentive and did what they could. The head nurse promised me a copy of the drugs recommended by the hospital and I haven't gotten this yet.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

My loved one said the therapists are doing their job well. She likes the meals. She likes her nurses, but I think they should have a board on the wall with the nurses' names on it for the patients.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

I didn't like it. The staff was very friendly, but they only had my loved one take two showers a week. They gave her the same meals twice. She wasn't really happy with the food. The nurses were friendly and nice. It was clean. They did keep the family informed.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

It was not that good. The therapists were not attentive at all. We did like one of the PT therapists. Some nurses were good and some were not good. They were terrible at keeping me informed.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

The nurses are fine, but I am not happy with the aides. They are not moving my loved one enough to keep her from getting sores. The facility could be cleaner. They are keeping me informed now, but they were not at the beginning.

Review of Cornell Hall Care

Every time I go there, the nurses are working, and everybody is friendly and available at the front desk. The therapists work with my husband. They have been very patient with him. The nurses are very good. Housekeepers came and waxed his floors. The social worker has been really good to me. It's really clean. They keep the rooms, bathrooms, and beds clean. Everything is clean. My husband says they don't feed him enough food.

Review of Cornell Hall Care

They're very helpful. They are taking really good care of my mom. It is very clean! But my mom told me she fell in the bathroom and no one informed me of it.

Review of Cornell Hall Care

My loved one is comfortable and the facilities are good. The nurses are very good. The food is good. They have him eating things he tells me he does not like. Usually when I come in, they give me an immediate response right away. He has been there only a week, and I have all the information I needed to get. I called today, and they responded with what they needed. He had an appointment with the medical doctor, and they helped with the appointment.

Review of Cornell Hall Care

There are no problems yet. They do the best they can. The physical therapist is very good! The facility is clean. The food is not the best. They should be a little more aggressive regarding trying to contact the family and updating them on what's going on.

Review of Cornell Hall Care

All of the staff are friendly when you walk down the hall. I know that while I am here, someone pops in often enough to make sure my mother is taken care of. My mother seems to be doing well in therapy, and they tell her she is doing well. I see the floors are super shiny and I see them cleaning the floors. There is nothing on them. The walls need to be painted. No one has called me to update me. I did meet with the social worker and we were very informed. They gave us their card to contact them. The social worker is very pleasant, except the receptionist is not friendly. The receptionist was not nice to an elderly woman this woman this morning.

Review of Cornell Hall Care

Overall, it is good. The staff are all nice. It seems like it was not that clean and it takes a while for someone to come in the room. My loved one does not like the food. They are good with keeping me informed. They always call me.

Review of Cornell Hall Care

My husband does not like it. It isn't that anyone is nasty. He has a half an hour of therapy. I have never seen the doctor. He saw the doctor one time. I cannot reach anybody. The building is old but very clean. My husband does not like the food. It is not his taste. When he does not eat, the nurse will ask him if he wants something else, and the nurse brought him a peanut and jelly sandwich since he asked for this. Nobody has said anything about whether he is doing well and how long he will be here.

Review of Cornell Hall Care

Overall, they are doing a good job. They update me. The rehab is the best. The food is not good.

Review of Cornell Hall Care

The nurses are great. The aides are great. I like the fact that they had a family meeting and involved me in it. It was very informative. It was great to meet all the major heads of the departments. It's a plus to have family involvement. I was able to ask questions, and my questions were answered. In the beginning, they would take a long time to answer the call, but we addressed that issue during the family meeting. Ever since, everything's OK. I can't complain about the therapy. I feel that they're really short-staffed. The demand on them is really high. That's why they can't get to the people on time. I love them all. The nursing manager is a phenomenal person. They're on top of things with cleanliness. Though the smell is what really stands out. It's like walking in a cloud of poop. The meals are very bad, but they do manage to accommodate my loved one. Sometimes, it looks like someone vomited in your plate and gave it to you. They manage to bring her things she's allergic to.

Review of Cornell Hall Care

It was nice. The people were lovely. I wish they gave more therapy and had better food. The therapy was good when my loved one had it. The food was terrible. They could have been in touch a little more often.

Review of Cornell Hall Care

They are taking good care of my loved one. He is improving and walking a little. The aides are friendly. From the time I walked in, the staff has been very friendly. The reception is very good all the time. The food looks good on the weekly layout of the meals. They have been calling all weekend about my loved one's appointment and could have told me he needs clothes for it. His pants were missing and went to the laundry.

Review of Cornell Hall Care

The admission and transition were smooth. I met all of my loved one's nurses and the social worker, and everyone is extremely helpful. The cleanliness is awesome. It looks really home-like. We like all the staff.

Review of Cornell Hall Care

My brother is pleased and so are we. He's pleased with the therapy services. His nurse is very professional and thorough, and approachable. My brother is not pleased with the food. They've kept me very informed.

Review of Cornell Hall Care

I have no complaints. They are very considerate, and the people are conscientious, and the facility is very clean.

Review of Cornell Hall Care

I like two of the therapists. They are pretty good. Most of the nurses are pretty good. I have no complaints about the cleanliness. The food is good. When I ask questions, they are good. They provide me with the info I want. They're taking care of my loved one, but there are some days when I'm not satisfied as far as the treatment and care for her about her bathing and things like that. An incident occurred that was brought to my attention. The aide dressed my great aunt and left her in the bed, and she did not put her in the wheelchair. I am dissatisfied with that. Most of their aides are pretty good, and there are only a couple who I am not satisfied with. I reported it, and it is being taken care of.

Review of Cornell Hall Care

They need to be more receptive. The doctors should be more accessible.

Review of Cornell Hall Care

I wouldn't recommend them to anybody. The service there was terrible. My sister filled out a weekly menu, and got nothing she picked. There was a lack of communication. I thought the therapy was good. The staff were fine. I just don't know how qualified they were. I tried to find out about what medication my sister was taking, and they said they had to ask the nurse. They were friendly. It could be cleaner. The place needs a painting. The poor lady in the bed next to my sister had three beds changed, and nobody was on duty and nobody could do it. All the food came cold. I had a family meeting once. They need a complete overhaul over there. I don't see anything different from when the first time my sister was there. They made an appointment with the surgeon without consulting me.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

It was pretty good. We've used the facility before. We came back because we like how they treat my loved one and how everything goes there. The nurses took good care of her. All medicines were given as instructed. The admission process was very good. The staff was very friendly and willing to help. Everything was ready when we got over there. Everything was very clean. They fed her real good. She said the food was good.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

They take good care of my loved one. Anytime we need anything, they're able to answer us no problem and they keep me updated.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

My loved one says everyone is treating her good. She says the exercises are making her strong. They keep her clean. She had tuna fish today and it sure was good.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

The nurses were nice. Everything was good. The food was on time, and the meals were great. It was very clean. They were good at keeping me informed.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

So far, everything has been fine with my mother. From what I have seen, the therapy is fine. The nurses I have met there are all nice. When I am there, the staff seem nice, and my mom would say something if there was a problem. Everything is clean and nice. My mom has no problem with the meals. I talk to and see my mom every day. They have my number if they need me.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

They do a wonderful job. It's one of the places where you walk in, and you feel welcome. I have nothing to complain about. The staff are very friendly. I cannot ask for anything better. If I ask for them, they come quickly. The meals are good. It's food that I myself would even eat.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

They communicate really well, letting me know exactly what's going on with my loved one.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

The aides are generally really good, and they tend to the patients. Of course the ratio of patients to aides is not good, but overall they do a good job. I like the director of therapy. She meets with me to give progress reports about the goals and the progress for my aunt. Beyond that, I don't feel like I know what's going on. I'm sure if I asked they would tell me but I have to initiate it. I wish they would tell me things when I'm there or call me once a week.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

We had some issues to start out, but they've gotten better. The nurses are okay. The staff is very friendly. The place is definitely clean. We always get updates. I would like to see a bit more security and separation between rehab patients and those in memory care, for everyone's safety.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

I would recommend Cornell Hall, the staff is very friendly. There was some miscommunication though. All of my loved one's visits to the doctor were canceled, and she still got transferred to the hospital. She didn't like the food. She was very disappointed with it. I would like more follow-up calls and to know how therapy is going.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

I would say the staff are kind and caring. The facility is not great, and it is not bad, but good. They are all good staff doing a difficult job. It is early, but my dad is doing pretty well in therapy. The nurses and the aides are fine. It is a very friendly place. My loved one seems to be enjoying the food. They seem to take pride in it, and my loved one is enjoying it so far. They are pretty good about keeping me informed.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

The doctor is fantastic. The nurses are good. The two therapists my dad has had so far are fantastic. They know how much to push him. It's clean. The dietary people really try their best. But the main issue is the aides. It's hard to get help. You can wait 20 minutes for the bedpan to be emptied. It might be that they're understaffed. My dad has not been happy with the nighttime service. Help with the little things would be good, like help to go to the bathroom or use the urinal. It really impacts the experiences of the people here.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

The rehab therapists are helping my loved one do much better. Overall, they need a better admission process. They should go over a care plan at the beginning and not wait two weeks with me asking for the meeting. The staff should be more knowledgeable of what is going on with the patients. The place is very old and needs a lot of work done, but my loved one's room seems to be clean. They could have more meal choices for people with special dietary needs.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation

They have been good at keeping me informed about his care. They are getting my loved one up to do rehab. He said that the meals look good and they give him enough food, he had no complaints.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation

It's a great facility. My loved one has no complaints about anything, except she doesn't like the food. It doesn't have flavor.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

The service that the girls give is great!

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation

My loved one keeps falling out of bed, it's the fourth time already. The staff doesn't socialize, they're not friendly.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation

When we first got there, there were some medications my loved one should have been on and wasn't, which kind of set him back. They didn't get him on the right medications until the second week, but it's gotten better since then.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation

They've been good company to my dad and help him to socialize. They could be a little better with the therapy, and sometimes he didn't like the food. There's a weird smell most of the time but it all seems pretty clean. I have to call or be there to know what's going on.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center - Union, NJ

They're not taking care of my father the way they're supposed to. The room is disgustingly filthy, trash everywhere. It is atrocious. I don't want my father here long term, if I had another choice with his insurance, I would get him out of here today. The food is horrific. I never hear anything about how he's doing.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center - Union, NJ

Some of my mom's belongings went missing, and she just didn't like the place. The rooms were small, as well. She only stayed for one day and she wanted to get out of there. She will not be going back.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center - Union, NJ

I feel like my dad could have gotten better care. They called and told me that he was walking and they were going to send him home, but he was not walking at all and they lied. The admin people are fine, it is the nurses and aides who could be better, and some of them have attitudes. They also gave my dad meds that he was getting last time and was not supposed to have gotten this time. If I didn't ask for information, then they didn't tell.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center - Union, NJ

They leave my loved one in his diaper for a long time. I have to go around asking people if I want any information.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center - Union, NJ

I go there and my loved one is shivering cold, and no one gives her a blanket. I talk to them about her care and why she is there, but they're not doing anything about why she is there. As far as the rehab part, they are doing okay. I keep asking them about the rest of her care, and no one can tell me anything. The staff is all friendly though. Another thing is there is stuff all over the place. I have seen laundry and towels on the floor and in the hallway. I want to see someone call me and inform me on how she is doing.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center - Union, NJ

When I approached them with my concerns about not changing my loved one's bandage, they were very responsive and worked hard to make it right. The therapists have been pretty good, but my loved one is not getting the one-on-one attention that we wanted her to get. Sometimes they get her diet mixed up, but the food tastes good.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center - Union, NJ

The facility is clean, the man is always cleaning the floors when I go there. They should make the food warmer, the food is cold a lot of times. The waffles seem like they’ve been taken out of the freezer by the time my loved one gets hers. On the menu it says that my loved one should get a snack, but she has not gotten one since she has been there. No one calls me, but if I ask questions they will answer my questions.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center - Union, NJ

Sometimes the staff isn't attentive, they'll pretend not to hear you. You can wait up to an hour to go to the restroom, or you have to ask multiple times. It's always pretty clean. My loved one complains every day about the food. I have to do most of the question asking, on a daily basis. If I don't ask, I hear nothing.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center - Union, NJ

The staff tries, but I think they're under-resourced. There's no hot water for the residents, I had to heat water up in the microwave for my loved one to shave. The staff does the best they can. The cleanliness is awful. It's just too much for the housekeeping staff. They try, there's just not enough of them. The food is also awful. It's not pleasing. They need to make the food more enticing. My loved one won't eat anything. We've had meetings and when I ask the nurses questions, they try to answer, but they never initiate.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center - Union, NJ

They are good, the only thing is that they need to know the days that the patients have showers. The cleanliness is okay. My mother doesn't like salty food, and for her the food is a little bit salty. I told the rehab, but my mom said that she is still getting salty meals.

I'd recommend Cornell Hall to a loved one.

I'd recommend Cornell Hall to a loved one.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center - Union, NJ

We had a little difficulty at the beginning, but it all got smoothed out. The therapists are very good. Sometimes it's cleaner than other times, but it's mainly good. My mother is kosher, so she's a little limited on meals. But she's not complaining. I call and I go every day, so I can usually get the information I want.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center - Union, NJ

It's okay, not terrible. I question the experience of some of the staff. One night, my loved one had an upset stomach, so he called for the nurse and it took over 20 minutes for them to come and he had an accident because no one came to get him to the bathroom. The bathroom in his room wasn't as clean as I'd like, I don't think they're cleaning every day. The food is very salty, and they don't give him enough. When I call, they get back to me, but it takes them a while and they don't ever reach out to me.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center - Union, NJ

The day shift is great, and she really enjoys the food. I'd recommend Cornell Hall. The night shift doesn't attend to my loved one properly though. We've spoken to the admin and it hasn't improved. They don't change her in a timely fashion and she is not happy with that.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center - Union, NJ

My loved one sounds and looks more like himself now. It's great. He said that they are working him over in rehab, but that he still needs a lot of work. The facility is clean. He loves to eat, he eats well!

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center - Union, NJ

What I've seen so far has been great. Everything is always neat and tidy.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center - Union, NJ

There are a few people there that take great care of my loved one. There is one lady who hands out meals and does other things that she is not required to do. They have a dietitian in there to help my loved one select her meals. Sometimes they give her things that she doesn't ask for though. She asks for tea, but they still bring her coffee. They can improve on when they make decisions without letting the family know.

I would give a 5/5 PLUS for the care my loved one received and everyone that works there. It's amazing, there is no odor and everything is so clean. There's a great variety of food to meet everyone's needs. They've gone above and beyond to provide me with information.

The staff are really nice and helpful. The aides do their best to keep my father as comfortable as possible. He loves the food, it's very good. He leaves the plate clean. He loves the fish and barbecue chicken.

Christina Fleming

I will be sure to let our dining staff know! We take pride in allowing our patients to help plan our seasonal menus, too.

They are kind, caring, and attentive. Everything they do, they do well.

I had a meeting with the staff where they explained everything to me about my loved one's care.

Christina Fleming

Very glad to hear that our team has communicated well with you! Communication is key!

So far, so good. There is a lady that changes my loved one in the morning and she is very helpful. I don't like that the water comes straight from the faucet. I don't think they give meal options, but they did cut up her food for her.

Christina Fleming

Thank you for the feedback. I will bring this to our team.

I haven't had a problem with anyone.

They're clean and attentive and they listen when you have something to say.

I like everything about it. They take very good care of my loved one.

It’s been great. The only thing my husband didn't like was the meals.

They were all good, nice, very accommodating, and helpful. The nurses were willing to help, caring, and gave my wife what she needed. There was cleaning every day. My wife wanted to take the cleaning lady home. I don't think the meals were the greatest in the world. I was able to get information directly from her doctors. There was a couple of times I had to wait for them to get back to me, but they were good overall

They are doing a wonderful job. The therapists are really good with my loved one. At night, he is supposed to get a painkiller, and he hasn't been getting it. But other than that, everything is going perfectly. He eats the same things every day, and he likes it. They are good about keeping us updated and informed

They have been really great.

I’d recommend Cornell Hall. However my loved one doesn't drink milk and they insist on bringing her milk every day at every meal

What I see is good. There are pretty nice people there, but it is not perfect world. The facility is pretty clean. My mom's room looks clean as well. She said the food is not good, but it looks okay to me. They had a pepper thing that looked really good. They were a little slow in letting me know when my mom was refusing part of her care.

It’s a good facility overall. I don't think my loved one liked the food there. They didn't keep me informed at all.

They follow my loved one's diet plan. I saw a spill on the floor for a couple of days, but when I said something they cleaned it up.

The staff is all pretty good with my loved one. He eats everything they serve. If I don't ask questions, I won't know anything. The bathroom is dirty and smells.

The dietitian and the head nurse were amazing. The staff keep me informed.

So far so good. My loved one needs to be fed, and they last time I came there was someone feeding him.

The experience has been decent. They just give my mom whatever food is served, but they don't ask her what she likes. I have to ask every day about her; no one comes and tells me anything. If I ask, they are able to answer my questions.

The nurses are very nice and everyone here is very attentive. My husband is on a low cholesterol diet so he wasn't crazy about the food, but they did stick to his diet--whether he liked it or not.

Cornell Hall is a good facility.

My only complaints would be that they messed up on my husband's eye drops and he doesn't really like the meals too much.

They weren't really attentive to my grandmother like the other places that she went to first. The first day she got there, she needed to use the bathroom, but the nurse aide didn't want to be bothered. One of my grandmother’s shirts went missing. The time that I did go in to do rehab with her they were nice to me, and they also called me several times with updates. The staff wouldn't know who her nurse and health aide was when we would ask. The floor, phone, and bathroom were all dirty. She really didn't want the food. The things that she was supposed to get, such as the alternative meals, weren't on the list that she was supposed to get. When she had doctor appointments and I needed to make arrangements, they would call me.

Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center provides the highest quality care in a serene, park-like setting. We are the trusted nursing and rehabilitation center of the Union community since 1964.

At Cornell Hall, we believe in a person-centered approach to care. Our dedicated interdisciplinary team offers a comprehensive range of medical and sub-acute rehabilitative services, tailored to each resident's unique needs. Therapy is available up to seven days a week to help you achieve quick and measurable improvements.

We invite you to see for yourself why Cornell Hall has the right staff, amenities, and individualized care for you and your loved one. Schedule a visit today!