Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center - Union, NJ

Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center - Union, NJ has yet not published prices.

• Skilled Nursing
  • Respite Care
  • IV Therapy
  • Pain Management
  • Management and Evaluation
  • Wound Care / VAC
  • Care for seniors and adults recovering from an illness

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

It was pretty good. We've used the facility before. We came back because we like how they treat my loved one and how everything goes there. The nurses took good care of her. All medicines were given as instructed. The admission process was very good. The staff was very friendly and willing to help. Everything was ready when we got over there. Everything was very clean. They fed her real good. She said the food was good.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

They take good care of my loved one. Anytime we need anything, they're able to answer us no problem and they keep me updated.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

My loved one says everyone is treating her good. She says the exercises are making her strong. They keep her clean. She had tuna fish today and it sure was good.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

The nurses were nice. Everything was good. The food was on time, and the meals were great. It was very clean. They were good at keeping me informed.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

So far, everything has been fine with my mother. From what I have seen, the therapy is fine. The nurses I have met there are all nice. When I am there, the staff seem nice, and my mom would say something if there was a problem. Everything is clean and nice. My mom has no problem with the meals. I talk to and see my mom every day. They have my number if they need me.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

They do a wonderful job. It's one of the places where you walk in, and you feel welcome. I have nothing to complain about. The staff are very friendly. I cannot ask for anything better. If I ask for them, they come quickly. The meals are good. It's food that I myself would even eat.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

They communicate really well, letting me know exactly what's going on with my loved one.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

The aides are generally really good, and they tend to the patients. Of course the ratio of patients to aides is not good, but overall they do a good job. I like the director of therapy. She meets with me to give progress reports about the goals and the progress for my aunt. Beyond that, I don't feel like I know what's going on. I'm sure if I asked they would tell me but I have to initiate it. I wish they would tell me things when I'm there or call me once a week.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

We had some issues to start out, but they've gotten better. The nurses are okay. The staff is very friendly. The place is definitely clean. We always get updates. I would like to see a bit more security and separation between rehab patients and those in memory care, for everyone's safety.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

I would recommend Cornell Hall, the staff is very friendly. There was some miscommunication though. All of my loved one's visits to the doctor were canceled, and she still got transferred to the hospital. She didn't like the food. She was very disappointed with it. I would like more follow-up calls and to know how therapy is going.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

I would say the staff are kind and caring. The facility is not great, and it is not bad, but good. They are all good staff doing a difficult job. It is early, but my dad is doing pretty well in therapy. The nurses and the aides are fine. It is a very friendly place. My loved one seems to be enjoying the food. They seem to take pride in it, and my loved one is enjoying it so far. They are pretty good about keeping me informed.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

The doctor is fantastic. The nurses are good. The two therapists my dad has had so far are fantastic. They know how much to push him. It's clean. The dietary people really try their best. But the main issue is the aides. It's hard to get help. You can wait 20 minutes for the bedpan to be emptied. It might be that they're understaffed. My dad has not been happy with the nighttime service. Help with the little things would be good, like help to go to the bathroom or use the urinal. It really impacts the experiences of the people here.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

The rehab therapists are helping my loved one do much better. Overall, they need a better admission process. They should go over a care plan at the beginning and not wait two weeks with me asking for the meeting. The staff should be more knowledgeable of what is going on with the patients. The place is very old and needs a lot of work done, but my loved one's room seems to be clean. They could have more meal choices for people with special dietary needs.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation

They have been good at keeping me informed about his care. They are getting my loved one up to do rehab. He said that the meals look good and they give him enough food, he had no complaints.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation

It's a great facility. My loved one has no complaints about anything, except she doesn't like the food. It doesn't have flavor.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center

The service that the girls give is great!

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation

My loved one keeps falling out of bed, it's the fourth time already. The staff doesn't socialize, they're not friendly.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation

When we first got there, there were some medications my loved one should have been on and wasn't, which kind of set him back. They didn't get him on the right medications until the second week, but it's gotten better since then.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation

They've been good company to my dad and help him to socialize. They could be a little better with the therapy, and sometimes he didn't like the food. There's a weird smell most of the time but it all seems pretty clean. I have to call or be there to know what's going on.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center - Union, NJ

They're not taking care of my father the way they're supposed to. The room is disgustingly filthy, trash everywhere. It is atrocious. I don't want my father here long term, if I had another choice with his insurance, I would get him out of here today. The food is horrific. I never hear anything about how he's doing.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center - Union, NJ

Some of my mom's belongings went missing, and she just didn't like the place. The rooms were small, as well. She only stayed for one day and she wanted to get out of there. She will not be going back.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center - Union, NJ

I feel like my dad could have gotten better care. They called and told me that he was walking and they were going to send him home, but he was not walking at all and they lied. The admin people are fine, it is the nurses and aides who could be better, and some of them have attitudes. They also gave my dad meds that he was getting last time and was not supposed to have gotten this time. If I didn't ask for information, then they didn't tell.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center - Union, NJ

They leave my loved one in his diaper for a long time. I have to go around asking people if I want any information.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center - Union, NJ

I go there and my loved one is shivering cold, and no one gives her a blanket. I talk to them about her care and why she is there, but they're not doing anything about why she is there. As far as the rehab part, they are doing okay. I keep asking them about the rest of her care, and no one can tell me anything. The staff is all friendly though. Another thing is there is stuff all over the place. I have seen laundry and towels on the floor and in the hallway. I want to see someone call me and inform me on how she is doing.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center - Union, NJ

When I approached them with my concerns about not changing my loved one's bandage, they were very responsive and worked hard to make it right. The therapists have been pretty good, but my loved one is not getting the one-on-one attention that we wanted her to get. Sometimes they get her diet mixed up, but the food tastes good.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center - Union, NJ

The facility is clean, the man is always cleaning the floors when I go there. They should make the food warmer, the food is cold a lot of times. The waffles seem like they’ve been taken out of the freezer by the time my loved one gets hers. On the menu it says that my loved one should get a snack, but she has not gotten one since she has been there. No one calls me, but if I ask questions they will answer my questions.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center - Union, NJ

Sometimes the staff isn't attentive, they'll pretend not to hear you. You can wait up to an hour to go to the restroom, or you have to ask multiple times. It's always pretty clean. My loved one complains every day about the food. I have to do most of the question asking, on a daily basis. If I don't ask, I hear nothing.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center - Union, NJ

The staff tries, but I think they're under-resourced. There's no hot water for the residents, I had to heat water up in the microwave for my loved one to shave. The staff does the best they can. The cleanliness is awful. It's just too much for the housekeeping staff. They try, there's just not enough of them. The food is also awful. It's not pleasing. They need to make the food more enticing. My loved one won't eat anything. We've had meetings and when I ask the nurses questions, they try to answer, but they never initiate.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center - Union, NJ

They are good, the only thing is that they need to know the days that the patients have showers. The cleanliness is okay. My mother doesn't like salty food, and for her the food is a little bit salty. I told the rehab, but my mom said that she is still getting salty meals.

I'd recommend Cornell Hall to a loved one.

I'd recommend Cornell Hall to a loved one.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center - Union, NJ

We had a little difficulty at the beginning, but it all got smoothed out. The therapists are very good. Sometimes it's cleaner than other times, but it's mainly good. My mother is kosher, so she's a little limited on meals. But she's not complaining. I call and I go every day, so I can usually get the information I want.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center - Union, NJ

It's okay, not terrible. I question the experience of some of the staff. One night, my loved one had an upset stomach, so he called for the nurse and it took over 20 minutes for them to come and he had an accident because no one came to get him to the bathroom. The bathroom in his room wasn't as clean as I'd like, I don't think they're cleaning every day. The food is very salty, and they don't give him enough. When I call, they get back to me, but it takes them a while and they don't ever reach out to me.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center - Union, NJ

The day shift is great, and she really enjoys the food. I'd recommend Cornell Hall. The night shift doesn't attend to my loved one properly though. We've spoken to the admin and it hasn't improved. They don't change her in a timely fashion and she is not happy with that.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center - Union, NJ

My loved one sounds and looks more like himself now. It's great. He said that they are working him over in rehab, but that he still needs a lot of work. The facility is clean. He loves to eat, he eats well!

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center - Union, NJ

What I've seen so far has been great. Everything is always neat and tidy.

Review of Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center - Union, NJ

There are a few people there that take great care of my loved one. There is one lady who hands out meals and does other things that she is not required to do. They have a dietitian in there to help my loved one select her meals. Sometimes they give her things that she doesn't ask for though. She asks for tea, but they still bring her coffee. They can improve on when they make decisions without letting the family know.

I would give a 5/5 PLUS for the care my loved one received and everyone that works there. It's amazing, there is no odor and everything is so clean. There's a great variety of food to meet everyone's needs. They've gone above and beyond to provide me with information.

The staff are really nice and helpful. The aides do their best to keep my father as comfortable as possible. He loves the food, it's very good. He leaves the plate clean. He loves the fish and barbecue chicken.

Christina Fleming

I will be sure to let our dining staff know! We take pride in allowing our patients to help plan our seasonal menus, too.

They are kind, caring, and attentive. Everything they do, they do well.

I had a meeting with the staff where they explained everything to me about my loved one's care.

Christina Fleming

Very glad to hear that our team has communicated well with you! Communication is key!

So far, so good. There is a lady that changes my loved one in the morning and she is very helpful. I don't like that the water comes straight from the faucet. I don't think they give meal options, but they did cut up her food for her.

Christina Fleming

Thank you for the feedback. I will bring this to our team.

I haven't had a problem with anyone.

They're clean and attentive and they listen when you have something to say.

I like everything about it. They take very good care of my loved one.

It’s been great. The only thing my husband didn't like was the meals.

They were all good, nice, very accommodating, and helpful. The nurses were willing to help, caring, and gave my wife what she needed. There was cleaning every day. My wife wanted to take the cleaning lady home. I don't think the meals were the greatest in the world. I was able to get information directly from her doctors. There was a couple of times I had to wait for them to get back to me, but they were good overall

They are doing a wonderful job. The therapists are really good with my loved one. At night, he is supposed to get a painkiller, and he hasn't been getting it. But other than that, everything is going perfectly. He eats the same things every day, and he likes it. They are good about keeping us updated and informed

They have been really great.

I’d recommend Cornell Hall. However my loved one doesn't drink milk and they insist on bringing her milk every day at every meal

What I see is good. There are pretty nice people there, but it is not perfect world. The facility is pretty clean. My mom's room looks clean as well. She said the food is not good, but it looks okay to me. They had a pepper thing that looked really good. They were a little slow in letting me know when my mom was refusing part of her care.

It’s a good facility overall. I don't think my loved one liked the food there. They didn't keep me informed at all.

They follow my loved one's diet plan. I saw a spill on the floor for a couple of days, but when I said something they cleaned it up.

The staff is all pretty good with my loved one. He eats everything they serve. If I don't ask questions, I won't know anything. The bathroom is dirty and smells.

The dietitian and the head nurse were amazing. The staff keep me informed.

So far so good. My loved one needs to be fed, and they last time I came there was someone feeding him.

The experience has been decent. They just give my mom whatever food is served, but they don't ask her what she likes. I have to ask every day about her; no one comes and tells me anything. If I ask, they are able to answer my questions.

The nurses are very nice and everyone here is very attentive. My husband is on a low cholesterol diet so he wasn't crazy about the food, but they did stick to his diet--whether he liked it or not.

Cornell Hall is a good facility.

My only complaints would be that they messed up on my husband's eye drops and he doesn't really like the meals too much.

They weren't really attentive to my grandmother like the other places that she went to first. The first day she got there, she needed to use the bathroom, but the nurse aide didn't want to be bothered. One of my grandmother’s shirts went missing. The time that I did go in to do rehab with her they were nice to me, and they also called me several times with updates. The staff wouldn't know who her nurse and health aide was when we would ask. The floor, phone, and bathroom were all dirty. She really didn't want the food. The things that she was supposed to get, such as the alternative meals, weren't on the list that she was supposed to get. When she had doctor appointments and I needed to make arrangements, they would call me.

Cornell Hall Care & Rehabilitation Center provides the highest quality care in a serene, park-like setting. We are the trusted nursing and rehabilitation center of the Union community since 1964.

At Cornell Hall, we believe in a person-centered approach to care. Our dedicated interdisciplinary team offers a comprehensive range of medical and sub-acute rehabilitative services, tailored to each resident's unique needs. Therapy is available up to seven days a week to help you achieve quick and measurable improvements.

We invite you to see for yourself why Cornell Hall has the right staff, amenities, and individualized care for you and your loved one. Schedule a visit today!