Westchester Villa - Inglewood, CA

Thanks but this is too far away...she wouldn't have any support system out this far west.

THIS HOME HAD A DEPRESSED ATMOSPHERE WITH A NURSING HOME ODOR IN THE HALLS. PERHAPS IT WAS THE TIME OF DAY THAT WE VISITED, (BEFORE LUNCH) BUT I SAW NO
ATIVITIES EXCEPT SLEEPING AND TV.

Good Location, but doctor indicated he would not complete paperwork needed by facility for admittance.

Did not seem clean

I did not get a good feeling when I visited this community. I did not get very far as when I walked in it felt dark and dingy. The staff did not seem nice and the residents did not look happy. There were closed off areas and the community did not look very active. I would not recommend this community.

I wasn't really to impressed

The tour that the staff took me on was done well, they answered my questions and there were some things that they had to offer I thought were nice but I felt that it was somewhat outdated and I just did not feel comfortable here.

I was pleased with the facility clean help was friendly and many activity rooms with TV and a outdoor sitting area with pet birds.

Encouraging Staff!!

Everything is going great so far for my mother at this community. The staff have been wonderful at helping her get encouraged on participating in many of the activities they have to offer as well as getting acquainted with some of the other residents. She seems to really enjoy her meals and dinning experience so far. Overall we have no complaints and would defiantly recommend this place to anyone.

I was able to meet [Removed] and tour this facility. Very old, quite beat up, smell unbearable for my sensitive nose. I didn't find anything about his facility inviting except the location.

We like it!!

The staff are helpful and attentive. My friend likes to participate in some of the daily activities. The community is hidden in the back behind the parking lot. It is a very clean community.

Westchester Villa is a nice community!!

The only minor issue I have is that when they put out a new roll of toilet paper they do not take it out of the wrapper. They do offer daily activities. The food is ok but there is always room for improvement. The staff are nice they answer my questions and we have good communication. I would recommend this community.

The Staff Is Very Helpful

My aunt is doing pretty well here at this community. She has had a few health problems, but the staff have been very helpful. We are hoping with her getting better she will be able to take part in the activities they offer. She is pleased with the food. Everybody has been very helpful and kind. I know she is receiving good care. She is safe and in good hands. This is a community I would recommend.

Pretty Good Staff

My mother wasn't here very long time, but it was nice experience. It was a pretty well-kept facility for the most, but there were areas they could do a better job with the cleaning. They staff was very good, they treated her very kind. They did provide great care to my mother. I was pleased overall.

So Far Everything Is Going Well

So far everything is going well for my daughter at this community. They are doing a good job with taking care of her and her needs. From what I've seen so far everything is very well-kept. Her room and the general areas are nice and clean. The staff is nice, I know she is in a good hands. There are many activities for her to try, she really enjoys the activities. The food is good, I've tried some of the meals and they were good. Overall everything is going well.

This Community Is A Gem!

My grandmother is staying at this community and has been thriving ever since moving here. It is always spotless and the staff are all very, very wonderful and welcoming each time I visit. The food is excellent too. The community provides activities all day, every day. I would recommend this community because I have no worries and I know she is getting excellent care. The staff assist in all Grandma's need and from the beginning my family got the best support. A Place For Mom's was a big help!

Was a very good environment for my love on, and there was a noticeable improvement in life.

Positive Experience

Everything is great at this community we are very pleased with the choice to move my friend here. She is adjusting well. The community is very clean and well maintained. There are activities for the residents through out the week. She likes the food and the residents are nice and friendly. I really enjoyed my interaction with the sales manger she was very kind and explained everything very well. I would recommend this community because our experiences have been great.

Staff very friendly, my 98 yo Aunt is extremely satisfied with facility and staff, has multiple areas for residents to enjoy relaxing with other residents or family.

Bamba gave us a very positive first impression of the facility. Her positive attitude and ability to answer our questions helped us to make this decision for my mother in law.

The staff is wonderful and the facility is clean.

Mind at ease

At the present time I am very happy with how my mother is being treated. I see no short comings and I am satisfied.

Clean,smell great,staff are so friendly,a locked section for alhemier's, food looked good,their is a possible waiting list. We are going to prepare ourselves to be put on waiting list. They do have a Medicare/ Medi-cal member program that process takes up to six months or sooner. Offer church for many different belief a plus ,but no patio.
The best we seen so far :)

Meals and activities are great

At this point I would say that the facility is satisfactory. it has not been long, but our needs are being met. It is clean, the staff and caregivers are very friendly, and the meals and activities are great.

Very depressing! I left in tears and could never put my loved one there.

Facilty was clean and staff...

Facilty was clean and staff courteous. Close by my home. Unfortunately the buidling does not have central air.

Escort did not introduce he...

Escort did not introduce herself. Just began the tour. Property is in need of repair. Director said that info on facility was not available to take with us.

liked the facility, didn't ...

liked the facility, didn't like that memory care patients don't seem to interact with other patients. they only have shared rooms for memory care patients. I would like to tour another similar type of facility.

Very nice

We toured the Westchester Villa and I really like it. My sister was not happy that the memory care section did not look as good as the assisted living section. But I think she is looking for reasons to delay placement. Other than that she really liked the location, and the staff was very friendly and the facility cleaned. The tour took about 1 1/2 hours as the guide had a lot to say. Very informative.

A Wonderful Place for Mother

The facility is impeccably clean and safe. Her clothes and linens are washed daily as well,her room is cleaned daily. The staff are very knowledgeable and caring. We toured the facility during which everything was well explained prior to her admission. Mother has made many new friends and is very happy. Mother is awakened early and given a shower daily. She then proceeds to the large and beautifully decorated dining facility for breakfast with 3 of her new friends. She then participates in various activities, including but not limited to exercise,puzzling,movies with popcorn, and other cognitive activities. She then has a nice lunch and relaxes in her private room with her own furniture including a compact refrigerator. Mother is fed 3 well balanced meals which she enjoys and snacks. Knowing that she is safe,well fed and taken care of properly is a great relief to our minds. God bless Westchester Villa.

Would Definitely Recommend

Everything was beyond great here! I felt that my father was safe here, and the staff really have a human side to them - it's not just a job for them! They are compassionate, loving, and caring. They went above and beyond in so many ways! They are the greatest people! It was like we adopted them and they adopted us. They were able to help with the transitions, and they were so accomodating. I have absolutely no problems with them, and I would recommend them to anyone!

Attentive staff

My father moved into the Dementia Care area of Westchester Villa about two and a half months ago. I was apprehensive at first because the move came at a traumatic time for him and it created more confusion and problems. But, really once he settled in, we discovered that the staff really pays a lot of attention to him. They provide tasks and activities that are specific to him. The facility is always clean. the staff is very friendly and respectful. The director makes it a point to know the residents and their families.

Value is a King!

The community is off a public street with a nice sized driveway. The parking lot is nice and big and has sidewalk all around it to allow for the residents to walk around and get some exercise. Their activities could use some work. They have plenty of things going on inside the community but they do not have enough outings. I heard they have a van that takes them to a casino but I have not found that information. They have bingo and lots of card games for everyone to enjoy. The reason we chose this community was because when we went to visit it we just fell in love with the surrounding area and the amount of care you get for the price. They have the freedom to just relax and go to a beauty/barber shop that is located in the community. The shop is setup like old fashion shops. They have pool tables and lots of places to play cards. They have lounges on each level that have televisions and table to enjoy your day. There are some shopping plazas within 3 driving minutes and a lot more within 5 minutes. They invite family members to come and enjoy meals with their loved ones. I had lunch with my husband and they served a very good lasagna, salad and pudding. My husband did not want to move into a community but now he is starting to like it and is getting very comfortable. He has made lots of friends and they enjoy playing cards together. The staff is really friendly and checks on the residents often. They have a long hallway with side rails that allows residents to walk with minimal assistance. The rooms are a little outdated and could use some small touch ups. I would recommend this to my friends and would definitely say go for it.

Too big. I did not see enough staff ...

Too big. I did not see enough staff for the amount of residents.

It was okay. It was very quiet almo...

It was okay. It was very quiet almost a bit somber. Didn't see a lot of staff on the ground. It can be considered an option for now until we find a couple of other places. I don't' think we want to go as far as Reseda. I would rather stay around this area instead or downtown LA.

Facility ok.

Facility ok.

I really was impress with Westchester...

I really was impress with Westchester Villa. They were working on the outside of the building so I'm not sure is that's why the outside didn't seem to kept up. However the inside was a different story. I will be taking my father back to look at he place for himself.

This is the best option thus far.

This is the best option thus far.

The best I have seen by far. Looks li...

The best I have seen by far. Looks like a quality hotel - forest green leather furniture, clean, with several dining rooms. Also, its near the freeway.

nice place much larger than I realize...

nice place much larger than I realized! Helpful staff gave us a quick tour without an appt.!!!

Nice facility. 87 rooms. Diverse clie...

Nice facility. 87 rooms. Diverse clientele. Assistance with personal care (bathing and grooming)cost extra. Not completely sold on level of client care.

City Info

Inglewood is a lovely southern California suburb where warm summers, springs, and falls with plenty of sunshine keep the population growing. Crime tends to be high due to its proximity to major metropolitan areas. This is a walkable city that continues to attract new residents.

- Walkability Score: According to WalkScore, Inglewood, CA is a walkable city with a score of 66 out of 100. This means that some everyday errands can be accomplished on foot.

- Average Age in the Zip: The average age in this zip code is around 34.9 years old, which is a bit younger than the average age in California.

- # of Senior Housing Facilities in the Zip: There are no other senior facilities inside this zip code. However, surrounding this area are a variety of senior homes, including Figueroa Senior Apartments and Family Touch Senior Living.

- Average Weather Info: Inglewood, CA is a very comfortable place to live, with low rainfall (around 14 inches per year), temperate summers with highs in the 70s, and lows in the winter stretching into the high 40s.

- Veterans Facilities in the Area: There are several veterans facilities in the area, including the Veterans Memorial Building, The National Veterans Foundation, and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs.

There is not too much public transportation in Inglewood, CA. However, there are a variety of private transportation options for residents of this area. But that said, having a car in Inglewood is quite beneficial.

- Buses: There is not an Inglewood-specific public transportation bus line, but it is possible to access public lines in the Los Angeles area as well as the MTA Metro Expo Line in Culver City, CA.

- Trains: There are no train services in Inglewood, CA.

- Taxis: There are a number of taxi services in and around Inglewood, CA, including LAXSafeCab, I800Fly1800, and Golden Coast Shuttle.

- Rideshares: Uber and Lyft operate in the Inglewood, CA area. Both can be accessed by downloading the respective mobile app.

Health and Safety

Inglewood boasts many hospitals in the area as well as medical professionals who have also migrated to the area for the climate and quality of life.

- Hospitals in the Area: There are several hospitals in the zip code. The largest is the Centinela Hospital Medical Center. In addition, Kaiser Permanente Medical Center is in the zip code.

- Crime Rate in the Zip: Inglewood, CA does have a higher crime rate than 81 percent of cities in America, but like most large metropolitan areas, incidents are isolated to particular parts of the city.

Sports and Leisure

Golf and tennis are widely available in this city, but some clubs are member-only and require annual dues. However, there are usually senior discounts for members over the age of 65.

- Golf Courses Nearby: Maggie Hathaway Golf Course is nearby and offers senior discounts. Westchester Golf Course is also located close by to the west.
- Tennis Courts/Clubs Nearby: The closest tennis club and courts are at Loyola Maramount University's athletic site on campus. These courts can be reserved.
- Gyms Nearby: Inglewood offers a variety of courses, fitness classes, and senior-oriented events. The city calendar gives details of such events and fitness activities.

Shopping and Entertainment

While there are no Luby's restaurants nearby, there are many shopping, eating, and entertainment options inside this zip code and in the wider area. Large retail stores and smaller boutique options are available for residents.

- Clothes Shopping Nearby: There are a variety of clothes shopping options nearby and in the zip code, including Target, Dollar Tree, Outlet Clothing, and the Crenshaw Shopping Center.

- Grocery Stores: Large stores, like Ralph's, operate inside this zip code. There are also alternative options for organic groceries, like New Zealand Natural Goods.

- Restaurants: There are many restaurant options in this zip code, from traditional American fare, like Chili's, to Mexican options, such as Cafe Cancun Mexican Food. There are also fast food options like In-And-Out Burger.

- Movie Theaters: Century Theatres and Cinemark Theatres are within driving distance of this zip code.

- Libraries: The Inglewood Public Library Branch is located right inside this zip code.

- Attractions: Hollywood Park Casino and The Forum, where concert events are held, are nearby this zip code.

Religious Facilities

All faiths are represented in Inglewood, CA, including a large presence of most major Christian denominations.

- Religious Facilities Nearby: Episcopal, Baptist, Catholic, and Presbyterian churches are all represented inside this zip code. In addition, the Islamic Society of Inglewood operates in this area.