Terraza of Cheviot Hills Assisted Living - Los Angeles, CA

Buyer Beware

I can see where Terraza might be a good place for some, but it was not a good place for us (me and my mom). My mom was on hospice coming in there and pretty much, that is when things went bad. The evaluation process did not serve my mom or Terraza fairly. Almost as soon as my mom got there her health started to get worse and the facility was just unable to step up to the situation. After 16 days I moved my mom. It's a very clean and friendly place, and the administrative staff does what it can to put on a happy face, but here are some things to consider. There are over 80 residents when they are full. There are (maybe) 10 care givers during the day and 3 at night. So if you need allot of attention continuously, it might not work for you. The food is okay. If you are bed ridden and or have problems moving yourself around then there might be a problem getting the assistance you need when you need it. Do your homework, investigate more than just the tour. Good for some. Not for us. Good luck.

I took a tour!

I toured Meridian of Cheviot Hills. The tour guide was friendly and helpful, and the facility was clean and in good shape. It was a good experience to tour, but we already had another community in mind that fit what we were looking for a little better.

Very impressed, very accommodating and the staff were wonderful!😊 I like this place!

[Removed] provided reminders so I did make this tour Director and assistant were friendly and helpful. I found that this facility was too confining for me. I lead a much more independent life than this would allow PCost was much more than my budget allows

A Good Tour But Unable To Provide Care

I got to see this community and they were professional while showing me around.

Very Nice Layout!

Meridian of Cheviot has provided a very good experience for my Mom as a new resident. The staff are all very nice and welcoming. Since Mom moved in she's made friends and really just enjoying the atmosphere. She says the food could be better but I guess it just depends on your taste buds. What's most important is that she is happy and really seems to like it there.

Review of Meridian of Cheviot Hills - Los Angeles, CA

I loved this place and I loved the director but the actual facilities are undergoing renovation for a badly needed modernization and I wouldnt want to actually choose to live through anybodys construction chaos--noise dust fumes and all the necessary evils of any construction project.

Friendly and Responsive

They are very friendly and answer all questions that the family has. My loved one has met a lot of friends there and has gone and played cards and bingo and she enjoys that. They are very helpful and she really likes it there.

great

overall positive experience

It has been a really good overall positive experience. They are really good at following up with me and letting me know how brother is doing. Meal preparations are really good as well. The house-keeping and laundry services are very good as well.

The one thing that they can improve on is that there is on occasion a foul odor in the air there that they need to do something about.

One other area for improvement would be to have a different dedicated smoking area. There are people smoking right out front when you walk in so you catch a whiff of that as you come in.

We are very happy with this Meridian.

We are very happy with this Meridian. Things are going pretty well. I had looked at another Meridian and it wasn't as nice, but I am very happy with this one. David is very caring and helpful, and also very efficient. Marlene is wonderful as well. I feel we are in good hands.

Manager, David was kind and...

Manager, David was kind and helpful. Rooms were ok but outside of building needs work and is on National, a very busy street.

So Far So Good!

I know they have activities but my aunt doesn't participate in any so I don't know how to rate that. So far, she's only been there two and a half months, but so far so good. We're still adapting. I looked at about 5 other places and I chose Meridian because it seems well put together.

Clean. Friendly staff.

Clean. Friendly staff.

I love the combination of proximity, ...

I love the combination of proximity, cleanliness, cost, and friendliness (of both residents and administrator). Good diversity of residents. The sole negative is the small size of the rooms. My first choice

Very knowledgeable kind director.Room...

Very knowledgeable kind director.Rooms were clean & bright, and pleasantly decorated.