Bentley Manor by Serenity Care Health (SCH) - Los Angeles, CA

A great community!

I went to visit my loved one just last night and I though it was a very nice place. I was impressed with how clean they maintain it and how friendly all of the staff are. Everyone is accommodating there and I feel that she is very happy.

Transactional during tour

When we toured this community for my father, the person who gave us the tour seemed more concerned about the business aspect than anything. It was in a great location, on the higher end with standard rooms. The thing that turned us off from them is that the lady who gave us the tour asked us about our finances before we were even able to see the rooms. She went straight to the prices. We decided to do a different route.

Mother

The friendliness of the staff is great. Mom moved in November 1 and the smoke detectors low battery indicator has been going off since. I have talked to the administration and I think they are going to fix it .

Mom is Happy There

We moved our mom to Bentley Manor with much trepidation. We were afraid she would have a melt down during the move. Just the opposite happened. She was very relaxed, and she likes it at Bentley Manor. She likes being among other people. My brother and I both feel that she is getting very good care from the staff, and Roze Room Hospice is great about communicating with us.

mixed emotions

My husband is currently staying at Bentley Manor and he has mixed emotions about it. My husband walks a lot and tries to keep himself active and engaged. They do not have a lot of activities since it is mainly for Alzheimers patients.

Mixed experience

We had somewhat of a mixed experience with Bentley Manor. The caregivers who work here were very friendly and good to my loved one, but I don't feel like the facility was really set up well for a person who was 100% there mentally. The food was very bland (and for some reason had a sharp decline in quality over the course of her stay). They also didn't seem to do much in terms of helping her recover physically, they just let her stay in her chair all day.

A safe, secure home for our father

We found Bentley Manor to be a clean, safe, secure home for our father. The staff is friendly, dedicated and very caring. Mona, the manager, has not only given my father individual attention but has helped our family adjust also. We have received so much more than we expected. We are very pleased with Bentley Manor and thankful we found this home.

We didn't like that they had hospital beds.

We toured here when we were looking. My wife didn't like the fact that they had hospital beds. It wasn't the right fit for us.

Nice but too quiet for us.

When I visited, the person who was supposed to show me around had left, so one of the Caregiver/Managers showed me around. Their facility was clean, and quiet, but I felt like it was too quiet for my loved one. They didn't have a single room open at the time we visited. They had me visit their other six room property nearby, that did have a single open, was nicer, but still a little quiet for my loved one. Their residents seemed to be a little withdrawn due to their conditions. Also, the monthly fee was considerably higher than I expected.