Studio Royale - Culver City, CA

MY DAUGHTER AND I VISITED THIS HOME DURING THE SUMMER OF 2017. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL. HOWEVER IT DIDN'T SEEM WELCOMING TO ME AS AN AFRICAN AMERICAN.

liked this place quite a lot, but will need to see the rooms. waiting for [Removed] to let me know when i can have a look at a bungalow, and a 2 bedroom. also wanted to know if the 2 bedroom is actually 2 single rooms with bathroom each that they opened up a door between, or like a living room, with additional 2 bedrooms i.e. an apartment? do they have daily cleaning service?

Just Wonderful!

Studio Royale has been excellent to us so far. They are wonderful, there is nothing more I can say, they are just the best people. You couldn’t find a better place. Absolutely recommended.

There's no Parking

I had a very nice tour and the staff did a great job answering all my questions, there were some things that needed to be updated and I felt that the location would not be the best for me. Plus there was no parking available for my car so I would have to be constantly moving it around.

A Wonderful Place For Mom

They do give outings and activities. The CNAs are really good and they take care of the people. The residents are dressed well and clean. I was impressed with the meals and everything. They had a live band for Labor Day with a barbecue. Hot dogs, burgers, BBQ chicken, baked beans, potato salad and ice creams was served. Afterward they took the residents to the Mariana for an outing. I was able to join and participate with my mom. There is always something to do, they are not bored. I would pick this place for myself.

My ex-husband just started his stay at the Studio Royale on [Removed].
Even though it's still too early to write about the place, what we have noticed and seen so far, it is very nice, clean and friendly place, with variety of entertainment activities for seniors. I am sure he will be happy there.

Excellent Community

This is a excellent community and great care. the staff is wonderful and caring. There are different prices for alot of additional services that are provided but very helpful. The meals are outstanding with a good variety. Activies are always available. My mom had a beautiful view from her room. Highly recommended for loved onces needing great care.

Review of Studio Royale - Culver City, CA

Very nice place but in dire need of changing all corridor soiled carpets that lead to rooms. Would only consider corner deluxe studios which are larger only if corridor carpets were replaced or street bungalows (was not able to see how they were inside but only ones with full kitchen!). Would also look into rooms accessible from fountain courtyard on ground floor for entrance privacy nice view. Did not see many people similar to my mothers profile at dining room lunch time (shes younger no physical limitations active). Also surprised facility did not have a folder containing photos of rooms and rest of place. All I got was a price list menu and activity sheet.

Short staffed and needs to be cleaned more

This place could have been a wonderful home but they're lacking so much, I feel like they should hire more staff members and who can fluently understand English. I would not recommend this place until they hire a full staff and preferably ones who are fluent in English.

Overall is very nice

Overall is very nice. My Mother fell and broke her hip and she called the caretaker and the caretaker wasn't responsive. Now my mother is fine. They need better caretakers for the non mobile residents. On the other hand the food was excellent.

Nice rooms

The rooms here were the best feature. They are big and have plenty of room for my mom. There is a kinda of library also that she loves.

When my dad was looking for a community to move into Studio Royale stood out. The staff is friendly and very helpful. Not only do they have many activities on site but they are next to the community senior center and across the street from the senior center is a veterans center. My dad is happy there and I would recommend it to anyone.

Things are working out just fine

Things are working out just fine here. As far as I know, everything is going great with the staff, etc.

Concerns re the care of Gladys Dominguez

Although my siblings and I have been generally pleased with SR, we have been seriously disturbed that our mother, [name removed], has had to wait for over one to two hours for her calls for help to be answered. This has occurred on at least three occasions. It is unacceptable and [removed].

Would would like to know what is being done with your staffing so this never happens again. Please advise.

Great place for Mom

Terri Weitzman is a joy. Helpful, courteous and a great listener. She is the perfect person to meet when you are looking for care for your parent or spouse.

The staff is positive, helpful and very active. The rooms are large and the food is very good. My mother has been at the home for almost two weeks. I feel like I made a very good decision to move her to Culver City and Studio Royale.

very friendly and helpful

I am currently living at Studio Royale and it is a very good place. The staff here is very friendly and helpful, and the food is great. It has been a little tough making the transition and just getting used to being taken care of the way I am here, but they have all been great.

very nice place

We toured Studio Royale when looking for a place for my mother. It seemed like a very nice place with great staff and excellent care. In the end we decided on another place as Studio Royale offers a level of care that she does not quite need - she is still independent. But for what they are, they seem very good.

positive experience

Our experience with Studio Royale was very limited, but positive. My father was only there for a few days before he got sick and in the hospital, but throughout the process they were very open and friendly and very helpful.

Best Place to Choose

The staff was great and very caring. It was very exceptional and caring to them.

Clean Facility!!
Great Staff!!
Great Food!!
Lots of Activities!!

Great Community!!

Clean, no bad smells, furnish own room. No kitchenette. Not much visitor parking.

It's actually going pretty good.

It's actually going pretty good. With the food, some things are better others, I suppose that's to be expected. It's clean and the staff is friendly. They take pretty good care of her. They have a lot of activities, and they have a senior center close by, so she has plenty to do. They have a program in Culver City, that will be able to help with cost if you qualify. That is a huge help for families.

a couple areas for improvement

Overall we are satisfied with Studio Royale, though there are a couple of areas I can think of where they could improve.

The main area of improvement I can think of for Studio Royale is with their facilitation of medications. For example, I would tell them to ask me specific questions rather than trusting what dad says about when and what meds to take, and they have not done that.

I also do wish they had a set schedule for laundry as opposed to just whenever dad feels that it needs to be done. It would be helpful if they had a more regimented structure and process instead of just waiting until the clothes are overflowing.

good, but short staffed

Really good with activities and food is a good healthy variety. I do wish they would help mom with their showers more, and they do seem a little short staffed which impacts my rating of the care services and friendliness, but mom is happy and overall I am very satisfied.

Caring, solve problems promptly, provide van service

The thing that I like the most about it, is that they seem to really care about my mom, and to be concerned about their welfare.

If my mother has a problem, they immediately take care of it. My mother is typically hard to please, but she is very, very happy here.

The only thing that could have used improving is that they were having trouble with some of the meals not being up to par, but they got a new cook, and he's doing a great job.

They provide her with van service to go to doctors and shopping. They are doing a great job.

Nice, helpful staff, provide good care, good food.

The director, Terry, is very nice and very helpful.

My uncle likes the food there. I've sampled the food, and it was good.

The diningroom is very clean.

The nurses are very nice, and very helpful. They provide transportation to the doctor. They administer his medications properly They clean the rooms. They will deliver meals to his room when he wants it.

There are a lot of activities there, but my uncle doesn't really participate in them.

Good, responsive staff, more staff for activities would be good

For us, it's convenient to our work and home; that is key. The social interaction that she gets is huge. The place is clean, and the staff is relatively attentive.

Our rep had been looking for a smaller 4 or 8 bed homes, but those would have been farther from us, and there would have been less social interaction, and this is a better situation for her.

Staff does their best by her care. The staff is pretty good. It seems like when there's been an issue, they've always known about it and taken care of it right away. The administration seem a little more distant, but the immediate staff are very responsive. Care is well coordinated.

On Friday, I was there for an activity. The activities guy is great. However, I wonder if just one person is enough. Maybe there could be more than one event with more than one person coordinating it.

Also sometimes more people can provide more care. My mother has mild issues but can't get out of her care. The others have more serious issues. It's probably nit picking, but I wish others had the same level of impairment she did, and also that more people were around to assist people at activities as needed.

We found this facility the best overall option between location, cost, and social interaction; we wanted her to be around more people.

Nice staff. Beautiful room...

Nice staff. Beautiful rooms and property. Appeared to be a nice place to live.

We found the place friendly...

We found the place friendly and clean. Staff was helpful and always smiling.

Next to senior center. Has ...

Next to senior center. Has roomy 2 bedroom option. Cafe plus dining room.

Attended this tour and...

Attended this tour and was very impressed. We are trying to get her to the location to attend a dance and further tour.

I could not consider this p...

I could not consider this place, it smells and the residents leave their doors open to the hallways. I can't give them a star except for the size of rooms are nice.

Really liked the Sony studi...

Really liked the Sony studio film decour and it was clean and spacious. Very close to the senior center for more activities. Rooms larger and nice.

Helped to place a lonely man in a caring community home

Clean, well staffed, fresh food, caring assistance, conscientious administration. Some residents are here for over 10 years. Close to senior center and transportation and shopping.

Blaring Sunlight!

There's good things and there's bad things. The room that I got - I didn't know it at the time because I saw it in the morning - but the sun is so bright I can't stand it. It's blinding me and heating me up. That is my only complaint. Other than that everything is okay. The food is okay. We chose this place because my son liked it.

Nice but Too Expensive

I liked it but it was just more than my dad wanted to spend. It was really just a financial decision that led us to choose another community.

Great community and close t...

Great community and close to home - free limo service $3750 month with $500 deposit - gave then $500 towards move in Nov 15th

Cheerful and Efficient

It's good. My mom flew the coupe with the other place because it was just a bed and board place and it wasn't secure enough for her. It was too easy for her to get out.
Studio Royale it's more of an institutional situation with 50 people living there and they go more by rules and regulations. I think they're doing the best they can. They're really cheerful and very efficient.

My mom is really happy here

I really like Sudio Royale. My mom seems to be really happy there. She just went from a semi private to a private room. She's keeping really active - exercising 45 minutes a day, paying cards and bingo. They sometimes have people come in an play music and sing.

I looked into quite a few places and I think she feels comfortable in a place like this. There are a lot more luxurious places but that's not my mom. These are just really nice, friendly people.

It feels like quite a bit that she is paying but nothing is cheap today. It's affordable compared to other places.

She loves the food. The portions are really large and they serve meat with practically every meal which she has to cut down on. She asked for more salads and now they're giving her salads so that's good.

This was the one with the b...

This was the one with the best location. However the one bedroom was very small for the price. I felt I wouldn't feel comfortable living here.

Recommended by a friend "might be a g...

Recommended by a friend "might be a great fit, too." Great place--beautiful, sunny, big rooms.

more for independent living, large rooms

more for independent living, large rooms

Beautiful, grounds, filled with light...

Beautiful, grounds, filled with light. Wonderful rooms. Next to state of art Senior Center, park, library. Director former student, will work with me as much as possible on price if get two units. Only issue is if need add on services like dressing bathing must privately contract with health worker, not provided by staff. Although can combine with other residents to control cost. A PLACE TO CONSIDER.

Function and convenience meet to create a senior suite living experience unlike any other - welcome home to Studio Royale. Perfectly situated On The Westside, our community places residents in the midst of life's necessities. Enjoy the close proximity of shopping and dining options to Studio Royale and because transportation is included in rent getting around is a breeze. Our studio and studio suites focus on the way you live and give residents the quality living they are looking for. At Studio Royale our floor plans feature plush carpeting, 9ft ceilings, private balconies and patios and all of our suites are cable ready. Our community is dedicated to making your life easier and that is reflected in our community amenities. Residents of Studio Royale can take advantage of three meals per day, community activities and outings, laundry services and the option of three levels of care. Make Studio Royale your new home and let us take care of you! Contact our leasing professionals today to learn more.