Sunrise of Playa Vista - Playa Vista, CA

Everything is going well!!

My mother has recently made the move into this community and so far things are going well for her. The staff have been helpful to all of her needs and I am comfortable with the care she has been receiving. She has had no problems with the meals and enjoys activities from time to time with the other residents. Overall it has been a pleasant experience and we would recommend it to anyone.

Beautiful place and I learned a lot. I still would like to consider more reasonable priced. I am definitely putting this on the must consider list. Thank you!

It Is Going Very Good

The move was pretty good. My mom is enjoying some good meals and good activities are available. They seem to sincerely interested in her well being. The staff are friendly and I would recommend them.

Pleasant Staff!!

I have no complaints about how things are going for my loved one since he made the move into this community. The staff have been very kind and helpful with the transition into his new living environment. He had no complaints about the meals and enjoys participating in the activities from time to time with the other residents. Overall we are very pleased and would recommend it to anyone.

My Thought Of The Tour

This community was clean and the people we met were nice. This community is a little pricier than what we were looking for. The rooms were small and they did not have a nice outdoor area. This community is near the beach.

I would recommend looking into this community.

Things are going well so far at this community. My loved one is slowly starting to adjust to living here. The staff are on top of things as they are monitoring my loved one and encouraging them to participate in some of the daily activities. They are easy to communicate with and I feel she is safe here. The food tastes ok and they do work with residents dietary needs. Her room is beautiful and the community is clean.

Beautiful community!

The Sunrise of Playa Vista was very nice as well. Like the other Sunrise's that I toured, it had a very nice floor plan and was decorated very nicely. They just needed more things going on, more residents outside interacting and activities going on.

Not Recommended

Unfortunately I would not recommend this place to anyone. There have been 5 Executive Directors in the last 4 years my mother in law has lived there! This community is managed poorly from the corporate level and with the exception of a few people, the staff is in constant turnover.

Food quality is not good as chef's keep leaving Sunrise.

Elevators are constantly broken and the fire department is always over to "free" either a resident or guest from the elevators. Not enough staff especially after hours to even open the door when a resident returns after 8 pm from an outing with family.

It's clear that the organization is not willing to invest in the property or it's staff yet Sunrise keeps raising the rates every year.

They are not interested in your loved ones...just your loved one's check!

Could be better managed.

A lot of billing issues. Communication is poor from the billing department. Getting statements submitted to insurance is frustrating. Turn over is very high in administration which leads to poor communication. My loved one lived there many years and there was no painting or upkeep. The walls got dingy and needed new carpet etc. For the price more upkeep would be expected. Staff is sparse. Trying to find a caregiver is difficult when visiting. The positive is many activities. They always have the residents up and active.

Could be better run

Change of administration several times. two times a year for many years. It affects communication. The billing is frustrating. Many times not submitted to Insurance until the bill is due. Then delays happen. The upkeep with painting and decor could be better and it is hard to find staff when visiting.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving.com so we can better understand your concerns. –The Sunrise Team

A great place to stay!!!

My mom was only at Sunrise of Playa Vista for about 8 days before going into the hospital. We wish she would have been able to return but unfortunately she had to go into a skilled nursing community. The food was mediocre but the staff was great. The community is nice and well maintained. Since she was only there for a short time she was not able to participate in any of the activities. I would recommend this community.

Sunrise Playa Vista experience

The Sunrise staff has been wonderful! Each department head has been very efficient in seeing that all my mom's needs are met. Everyone we have met has been friendly & extremely helpful.

More walk in tubs

They only have 2 walk in tubs and need more. I realize it would be costly but need more walk in tubs.

Compassionate and Considerate

This Sunrise of Playa Vista is a very nice facility. The people are good to work with. They are compassionate and considerate. The facility is beautiful and I think they provide a really nice environment for the guests that are there. They take very good care of the residents. My overall rating of this property is 4 1/2 stars. It has been a positive experience. The facility is also very clean and nice.

Great place for Mom

We were apprehensive to move our mother into an assisted living facility because she had lived for 63 years in her same home. She has had 7 days a week 8hr daytime companion care at her home, but nobody was with her the other hours. Assisted living ends up more economical than having 24/7 in home care. But the best reason for assisted living at Sunrise is the interaction with the many other residents and staff. Plus the daily activities and outings. I have also realized our family is more apt to visit Mom at Sunrise because of the great environment and they are able to join in with the activities to give them something more interesting to do, rather than just going to her house and watching TV with her. I wish we could have convinced our Mom to move to Sunrise 3 years ago when she first started in home care. I think she would have been even more active. Long term care insurance is paying for her stay and I would suggest everyone look into it. I hate insurance, but I can actually see the benefit of LTC insurance if you have children and don't want to burden them with taking care of you or you want to protect your assets for them.

good experience

We had a really good experience with Sunrise of Playa Vista. If you happen to check them out, let me just assure you that they truly deliver on everything they say they are going to do and more. They have really fulfilled their commitment and given us everything we were looking for.

They had a regimented way of doing things.

We didn't stay because it wasn't up to my loved one's expectations. They had a more regimented way of doing things that was difficult to adjust to. There were also a lot of little complaints, it took a while for the staff to find her clothes that I had put away, so they didn't change her clothes very often. She felt the water was too cold and just a lot of things that didn't work for her. Overall when it comes to how clean, and friendly, and attentive they are.

excellent staff, awesome place

I really like the way the staff at Sunrise of Playa Vista interact with the residents. They treat them as adults worthy of respect rather than looking down on them as I have noticed some other places tend to do. It is an extraordinarily well run place and one we would definitely very highly recommend!

Love it!

What a great place! It is very clean and the staff is excellent. They were friendly and I can tell that they really care about their residents. The level of care they provide is topnotch, and they offer lots of activities. I have absolutely no complaints, and would definitely consider placing my mother here.

Small and Sleepy

This place was way too small and the atmosphere didn't feel as busy. My father had dementia but he is still ambulatory and this building was too small and had a sleepier atmosphere.

I had a quick visit of memo...

I had a quick visit of memory care. Clean and looks like a great social / activity program. The location is near-perfect for our family, but the cost may put it out of our reach.

Vibrant and Engaged Community

Do I fee that every place is overpriced? Yes. Do I feel they are comparable? I guess. They charge the same as everyone else so they're actually great. I like that the staff is very engaged. I like that there's a wide variety of activities - music, art, baking, walks, my mother goes on excursions but I'm not sure where she goes. It's just a very engaged place. There's a lot of staff, not just your minimum. There are a lot of volunteers too. It's a very vibrant community.

Nice and clean but a little big

They were lovely. We chose another location mostly because it was closer to my mother, my aunts sister. It seemed a little large, like someone could get lost in the mix. It was nice and clean but the location was out main reason for choosing the other place.

Nice assisted Living facili...

Nice assisted Living facility. meal plan.

Sunrise of Playa Vista

My dad has been there about three weeks now. The other residents have been friendly and welcoming. The activities are great, just at his level. They bake fresh cookies every day! And they have access to a community pool one long block away. We have gone there once with Dad, and we know where we are going to be spending much of our summer vacation -- right there!

The living arrangement is different than other places we saw. My dad has one bedroom of a two-bedroom "suite." Another man is in the other bedroom, and they share a common sitting area, small kitchenette space and bathroom. This appears to be a great arrangement, because the other resident is able to help my dad find his way around the place and remind him when things are happening, and there is someone to talk to when they want to, yet they both have their privacy in their own bedrooms.

Facility looks like a nice house rath...

Met with Deanna Mandish (Director of ...

Met with Deanna Mandish (Director of Sales) on 4/10 at 3pm to tour facility. This facility is the farthest from home (near Leslie). Facility looks like a nice house rather than eldercare facility. Located on a busy cross-street (Jefferson Blvd). Facility is clean; layout is good; residents are well-groomed, but not very engaged in activities; staff is friendly (all staff wear street clothes for normalcy). Monthly fees start about $8,000 (memory care) with $3,500 one time fee (refundable within 90 days). 79 units including 43 memory rooms. Microwave & toaster allowed in assisted living rooms, but not memory rooms.

Nice location good feeling

Nice location good feeling

TOOK A TOUR, SPENT APPROX. HOUR AND A...

TOOK A TOUR, SPENT APPROX. HOUR AND A HALF. LOVELY. THEY PROVIDED US TOPLINE INFORMATION ON COST.

I saw it on April 1st. The rooms are...

I saw it on April 1st. The rooms are large and very nicely laid out. Great views. Nice location.

Very nice

Very nice

liked it. Dementia care. According t...

liked it. Dementia care. According to website, no skilled nursing. Closest Sunrise facility with skilled nursing is Laguna Hills. $3,000 enrollment. $1,000 refundable deposit. $500 evaluation. Steve/Bob appointment 5/14 2 pm.

Very upscale. Informed/cheerful staff...

Very upscale. Informed/cheerful staff. also allowed Ranger. Location is easily accessed.

My husband and I made unannounced vis...

My husband and I made unannounced visit. Liked it a lot and will keep it in mind.

wondeerful

wondeerful

This is my top choice because of...

This is my top choice because of: geographic location, number of activities and stimulation, philosophy of care for residents, willingness to look at options to reduce cost (turning a medium studio into a shared room).

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can’t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you’ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.