St. John of God Retirement and Care Center - Los Angeles, CA

Wonderful Place!!

The St. John of God Retirement was a wonderful place. While my loved one was there, the staff was excellent, we loved them. The place and my loved one's room were always kept very clean and organized. Overall we would recommend them to anyone.

I have no regrets! This place is great.

So far we have had a good experience, it's a bit pricey but you definitely get a lot for what you pay. She likes it a lot, they offer everything. They have a pool and a tennis court, they have a clinic in each building. They are fantastic. The whole atmosphere is really nice, they have a chapel for all religions. They have a memory care building, I popped in just to see what it was like, and there are no odors, and it's just like an apartment building but they get more one on one care. No matter how sick you get or if you end up needing to move there, the price stays the same, it is all inclusive. The people that work there were the most important thing to me, and they have been very, very nice. They let my mom come and help her get settled in and she said there wasn't one mean face there, and not just the workers but the residents too. Everyone is just very happy. I just wish they serviced Kaiser a bit more, but they have been great about working with us on that. If I had my wish list it would be nice for the food to be a bit more seasoned, and the shuttle is a bit limited, and scheduled. But those are just minor "if I could have my wish list" things. I have no regrets! This place is great.

Outstanding Care

We are very happy with the care that she is getting here. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The food is outstanding. A very clean environment . This community comes highly recommended for great care!

Visited this facility...a beautiful, clean environment...top of the line for a very reasonable price.

We Like This Place

Everything is very good with this community. The staff are doing an excellent job caring for my aunt. The community is very clean and very nice. My aunt enjoys her meals and she thinks it is excellent. The care is good and I feel my aunt is safe here.

Mom Is Doing Well

My mother has adjusted well to the community and I am pleased. The community is very clean and everything looks really nice. The staff has been very welcoming and helpful. There a great activities offered through out the week. The food is great, she really enjoys the meals. Overall things are going great and I would recommend it.

Elder [Removed] palace

We just checked Mom in four days ago. So far it's been okay. They don't allow you to take your own drugs and you have to line up and take them from a nurse. Kind of humiliating. No alcohol allowed, so hide your bottle.

Love it!

It was well organized, clean (actually smelled good and not in a covering-up-bad-odors way), and the staff were professional. It is a nice size. I did not see anyone who looked neglected. The grounds are lovely. It is quiet, yet there is activity. Having a SNF across the way is a bonus. The marketing woman who showed me around (Kirstin) was the only one who got it about "conversational dementia" (her phrase) - someone who can appear perfectly normal even though they have major deficits. It had a very different feel than any other place I have been. I would definitely move my father in here if it comes down to it.

Beautiful, College-like campus.

St. John's is a beautiful facility.
It feels very much like a small college campus.
The whole property is very open and airy.
My dad spends the majority of his time sitting outside.
It's quite tranquil.

My father's room is modest, but perfectly suited for his needs. He has a large set of windows that open up onto the court yard. Had we the pick of any room in the complex, I don't think we could have chosen better.

The staff is wonderful, kind, and caring.

The facility is minutes from Downtown, South Park, West Adams, and USC. I can cycle there for a visit in about 10 minutes.

My brother and I feel very lucky to have found this spot for our father. His health and happiness have improved immensely since he moved in.

There is something for everyone.

The community is very clean. I’d give them a 5+. The apartments are very nice. The staff is very attentive. It was even better than expected. They have all kinds of activities - bingo, great brain teaser type things, crossword puzzle club, current events, scrabble, art classes, and other things. There is something for everyone.

Serene, peaceful environment, and a very caring staff

The care that they provide here is great! They do well in emergency situations, and handle crises well. The staff are friendly and caring, and they show an amazing amount of kindness and attention to the residents. The excellent care they provide is really reflected in the quality of life of the residents. The place just has a serene, peaceful atmosphere.

Bi-Level Community

It's near USC. I didn't like the fact that it was bi-level so they were splitting the staff between two levels.

great - met with maria bravo

great - met with maria bravo

Skilled lock down not ideal, but memo...

Skilled lock down not ideal, but memory care Benedict Manni house beautiful, secure, nice patio and outdoor area.