St. John of God Retirement and Care Center - Los Angeles, CA

Our beautiful seven acre campus is conveniently located in the historic West Adams district a few miles from downtown Los Angeles with easy freeway access. St. John of God is a ‘gem’ in the midst of Los Angeles. Our spiritual and tranquil setting – includes a lovely chapel and an exquisite two acre park. Our campus offers an indoor Gym, pool and Spa, a beauty salon and an adjoining gift shop surrounded by lovely gardens, fountains and walking paths.We are a faith based community who welcomes seniors of all ethnic backgrounds, beliefs and faiths. St. John of God’s philosophy is ‘continuum of care’ for seniors and our mission is to provide quality services and compassionate care.

Helpful Staff!!

I am extremely happy with how things are going for my father since she has made the move into this community. The staff have been very friendly and I am comfortable with the care he has been receiving. The meals are excellent and they have a wide range of options to choose from off the menu. The property is very clean and they have a lot of great amenities available to all of the residents. Overall it has been an excellent place and we are very pleased.

They have a beautiful garden

They keep really busy here and I really enjoy all the great things they have to offer here, especially the outside garden area where I can sit and enjoy the sunshine, read a book or just visit with the other residents. The foods not bad and there are nice options if I want something different in fact I have started to gain some of my weight back that I lost while I was in the hospital, there's also a nice exercise room. I also like that they help monitor my meds and they make sure I check-in and out when I go somewhere. This has been a good choice for me.

I had a good tour!

I also toured St. John of God Retirement and Care Center. The lady that took us around was friendly and helpful, and the facility was clean and in good shape. It was a good experience to tour, but we already had another community in mind that fit what we were looking for a little better.

A good move

The staff are friendly, encouraging and great. Mom is making friends and she enjoys participating in some of the daily activities. The food is good and they offer a variety of choices. The community is clean and well taken care of. This community is a non profit and they do not nickel and dime you. I have already recommended this community.

Outstanding care for a loved one.

This is an outstanding community. The staff is outstanding and caring. We were happy to see that she is activie at this communiy and knew alot of the other residents. My aunt had alot in common with the others here. This has a great home feeling and she is enjoying the balcony in her room. This is a new community and they did not charge extra for medications and house cleaning. We would recommend other families to this great community for a very good value and great care for a loved one.

The Staff Have 2 Key Characteristics

Our outcome after moving my dad into the community has been positive. I feel that he is in the proper place for him to be comfortable with extra care. We love the community for all they are. There is a good employee to resident ration and everyone is patient and understanding. That is what is most important to us.

Amazed When I Went Into The Community

My cousin has been feeling great since becoming apart of the community. She loves the community and everything is good so far. I have already recommend and got a few other family in there and her husband lives in the Assisted Side and visit her. She likes it too, when we first took her she thought she was Las Vegas. She is very happy and I am very pleased with the care. The facility is beautiful and I love everything about them. We choose this place for it's location and being convenient to the family.

The tour was good. She provided good information. Liked the community

Wonderful Place!!

The St. John of God Retirement was a wonderful place. While my loved one was there, the staff was excellent, we loved them. The place and my loved one's room were always kept very clean and organized. Overall we would recommend them to anyone.

I have no regrets! This place is great.

So far we have had a good experience, it's a bit pricey but you definitely get a lot for what you pay. She likes it a lot, they offer everything. They have a pool and a tennis court, they have a clinic in each building. They are fantastic. The whole atmosphere is really nice, they have a chapel for all religions. They have a memory care building, I popped in just to see what it was like, and there are no odors, and it's just like an apartment building but they get more one on one care. No matter how sick you get or if you end up needing to move there, the price stays the same, it is all inclusive. The people that work there were the most important thing to me, and they have been very, very nice. They let my mom come and help her get settled in and she said there wasn't one mean face there, and not just the workers but the residents too. Everyone is just very happy. I just wish they serviced Kaiser a bit more, but they have been great about working with us on that. If I had my wish list it would be nice for the food to be a bit more seasoned, and the shuttle is a bit limited, and scheduled. But those are just minor "if I could have my wish list" things. I have no regrets! This place is great.

Outstanding Care

We are very happy with the care that she is getting here. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The food is outstanding. A very clean environment . This community comes highly recommended for great care!

Visited this facility...a beautiful, clean environment...top of the line for a very reasonable price.

We Like This Place

Everything is very good with this community. The staff are doing an excellent job caring for my aunt. The community is very clean and very nice. My aunt enjoys her meals and she thinks it is excellent. The care is good and I feel my aunt is safe here.

Mom Is Doing Well

My mother has adjusted well to the community and I am pleased. The community is very clean and everything looks really nice. The staff has been very welcoming and helpful. There a great activities offered through out the week. The food is great, she really enjoys the meals. Overall things are going great and I would recommend it.

Elder [Removed] palace

We just checked Mom in four days ago. So far it's been okay. They don't allow you to take your own drugs and you have to line up and take them from a nurse. Kind of humiliating. No alcohol allowed, so hide your bottle.

Love it!

It was well organized, clean (actually smelled good and not in a covering-up-bad-odors way), and the staff were professional. It is a nice size. I did not see anyone who looked neglected. The grounds are lovely. It is quiet, yet there is activity. Having a SNF across the way is a bonus. The marketing woman who showed me around (Kirstin) was the only one who got it about "conversational dementia" (her phrase) - someone who can appear perfectly normal even though they have major deficits. It had a very different feel than any other place I have been. I would definitely move my father in here if it comes down to it.

Beautiful, College-like campus.

St. John's is a beautiful facility.
It feels very much like a small college campus.
The whole property is very open and airy.
My dad spends the majority of his time sitting outside.
It's quite tranquil.

My father's room is modest, but perfectly suited for his needs. He has a large set of windows that open up onto the court yard. Had we the pick of any room in the complex, I don't think we could have chosen better.

The staff is wonderful, kind, and caring.

The facility is minutes from Downtown, South Park, West Adams, and USC. I can cycle there for a visit in about 10 minutes.

My brother and I feel very lucky to have found this spot for our father. His health and happiness have improved immensely since he moved in.

There is something for everyone.

The community is very clean. I’d give them a 5+. The apartments are very nice. The staff is very attentive. It was even better than expected. They have all kinds of activities - bingo, great brain teaser type things, crossword puzzle club, current events, scrabble, art classes, and other things. There is something for everyone.

Serene, peaceful environment, and a very caring staff

The care that they provide here is great! They do well in emergency situations, and handle crises well. The staff are friendly and caring, and they show an amazing amount of kindness and attention to the residents. The excellent care they provide is really reflected in the quality of life of the residents. The place just has a serene, peaceful atmosphere.

Bi-Level Community

It's near USC. I didn't like the fact that it was bi-level so they were splitting the staff between two levels.

great - met with maria bravo

great - met with maria bravo

Skilled lock down not ideal, but memo...

Skilled lock down not ideal, but memory care Benedict Manni house beautiful, secure, nice patio and outdoor area.