Westwood Plaza Retirement - Los Angeles, CA

Located in the heart of renowned Westwood, Westwood Plaza offers life without the demands of cooking, cleaning, housekeeping and maintenance. At Westwood Plaza we do the work so you can pursue life’s leisure. Westwood Plaza is an independent and assisted living community. You choose the level of assistance you need, from independent living to personal care. Our goal is to offer a safe and positive environment, with an emphasis on independence, activity and quality of life.

Very nice. We especially enjoyed Jan. Busy location.

My Thought Of The Tour!

This community was clean and the people I met during the tour were nice, however it did not seem to offer what we were looking for. It was larger than we would have liked.

Learned It Is Too Much For Me

I had a tour and I thought the community was very nice.
All seemed nice but I found that it is too expensive for me.

My New Apartment Here

My payment are a little high and I have to pay extra for my laundry, which is not much. My meals are pretty good it is nice. To an extent they are able to accommodate my meal if needed. My room is okay. I had to buy a mirror because it gets cold and I am not to far from the elevator. I liked the location and it is a nice community.

Fantastic experience

My Dad's completely sorted and everything is fine here. My Dad is having a fantastic experience and you guys at A Place For Mom are amazing!

Poor public space and limited social activities. Sad atmosphere. Population seemed well along assisted living path toward full care.

My mom has been here for 10 years. The staff is friendly and do a pretty good job. The administration falls short however. They tried to evict my mom when she 85 while her family was out of the country ( really.!?!). They have never cleaned her carpent in all the time she's been there. While they did spruce up the building recently I can't for the life of me figure out whay they don't have an automatic entry door!

My Mother's Stay at Westwood Plaza

They took wonderful care of my Mother. They had a very caring staff and that were always there for my Mother's needs. She needed extra help with transport to meals and bathing, etc. and I couldn't have asked for better service. The place was clean and well organized. Their managerial staff was always there to assist me and returned my phone calls promptly.

My Mother enjoyed their activities immensely for the time she was there (she passed away in June). I would highly recommend them for all your senior needs.

This was a pleasant surprise when I visited.

This was a pleasant surprise when I visited. Jan initially apologized for the impending cosmetic renovations, I thought the decor was plain but not offensive. They had more of a hotel/apartment atmosphere-there was a lot of interaction among the residents, and there were activities, ranging from bingo to group television and general chatting and visiting all around. The dining are was nice, clean and conducive to chatting and visiting. The staff really seemed to be on top of things, and were very involved. I liked the rooms and the price was in a reasonable range. I loved the interaction and familiarity with so many of the residents.

The staff is pretty helpful. They've ...

The staff is pretty helpful. They've been nice. I think they could improve on their activities. It would be nice if they had more engaging activities, rather than just sitting around and watching TV. Other than that, the location is good. Also, the food is good. There's always multiple choices for each meal.

on Westwood Blvd - private ...

on Westwood Blvd - private community - outdated and just not up to my std's very nice manager of property - rooms were outdated and had window a/c $3090 mn deposit $850 non refundable

Not Much Around

There were very nice people but it was expensive and there was no where to go or anything to do in the area. It wasn't a bad place but it did seem a little more shabby than other ones we saw. There was a little bit of a smell when you wandered around.

Very Nice Place

I think it was a very nice place. Jan, once we started talking and she knew this wasn't going to be the right for my dad's needs, still showed me through the community and was very thorough and gave me brochures. It was very nice but it was more for people who are a little bit more independent than my dad.

Not Many Activities for Someone Who is Blind

Grandfather has been complaining but he's also got some paranoia issues so I don't know if the things he talks about are valid or just his paranoia. He's not happy with the acivities because there is nothing he can participate in. I know they have meetings and he's gone to some of those. He can't watch tv or the movies because he's nearly blind. He can't see well enough to play the board games even though they have oversized ones.

I like the way they communicate with families. The location and price are what drove me to Westwood Plaza. I know he would like more food choices when there is something on the menu that he doesn't like, like bagels and lox. He'd like another option besides grilled cheese.

Very promising, he likes th...

Very promising, he likes this location.

Beautiful facility! Almost perfrect e...

Beautiful facility! Almost perfrect except shower does not take roll in chair and no cooking facilities.

I liked this place a lot and the dire...

I liked this place a lot and the director was lovely. I'm not sure its a good fit with the dog since there are no green areas for her to walk it.