Wesley Enhanced Living Pennypack Park - Philadelphia, PA

Plenty to offer, but still affordable

My mother has been at Pennypack for 6 months now. At the time, after visiting a number of options in the area, we were beginning to despair of finding an acceptable independent-living option that fell within her price range. Pennypack offered the perfect balance of affordability and amenities, and, to be honest, seemed almost too good to be true.

I've been putting off writing this review as it can take time to settle in to a new community and really appreciate both the pluses and the minuses. It's now been almost 7 months, and my mother LOVES Pennypack. Importantly, she is not shy and has made a conscious effort to engage. She takes full advantage of the many activities available, including the regular shopping trips, educational opportunities, an excellent concert series they hosted, the movie nights, and access to the exercise bikes. Her health has improved dramatically and she really feels like she is part of a community. Staff check in if she's not at dinner, to see whether she needs anything. When she had questions about changes in her insurance coverage, they walked her through everything until it all made sense. From the front desk to the dining staff, she knows pretty much everyone by name at this point and I am struck by how frequently (and genuinely) she is greeted when we walk through the halls together.

There are of course areas for potential improvement. She lives in the older building and there are a few places that will benefit from refurbishment, plans for which are apparently underway. While there is a computer room, it was definitely one of the more outdated and less inviting ones we saw among the different facilities.

In all, though, we could not be more grateful to have found Pennypack.

Toured this community on the 18th of December. Staff very friendly and able to answer our questions should Mom need to move to a higher level of care. Clean environment. Resident's looked well cared for and comfortable. Studio apartment was a nice size. Assisted living resident's able to mingle with Independent living, which I thought was nice. Beautiful court yard, would not even know you where on Roosevelt blvd, courtyard is large and centered in the middle of the building.

Lisa Haino

Thank you! We are pleased to hear that you had a good experience touring our Pennypack Park community. We look forward to hearing back if you'd like to move forward with residency for your mom! Let us know how we can help! Happy Holidays!

This is a nice community. The person that took us on tour was nice. This community does seem to offer a lot of nice amenities. This community did not have an opening when we were looking.

Lisa Haino

Thank you so much for your feedback! We would love to try to accommodate you or your loved one. If you are still in search of a community, please reach out to our Sales Manager directly at [removed] for assistance. We hope to hear back from you!

Happy with My Move Here

This is a nice community, and I'am looking forward to my move here. My family is happy with my choice to move here, they know its a great facility. Everyone has been very welcoming, and kind. The community looks great, everything is very well maintained. I know I will be happy at this community. It is a lovely place.

Overly Satisfied !!

I am overly satisfied with my new apartment at this community, it has a full kitchen and washer and dryer are included. The property is absolutely beautiful with a huge courtyard and lots of gorgeous flowers. There is also nursing care available around the clock in case of emergencies. I cannot say enough great things about my new living environment, I am very pleased.

I am Happy Here

I really like it here at this community. They are caring for me very well. Everyone here is very nice and helpful. I have a lovely room. The community looks great and everything is very clean. The staff has been very nice and helpful. They are always there when I need some help. There are nice activities and good food. I am happy here and would recommend it.

too early

I really can't say too much in a week and a half. All we have done mostly is unpack and try to get settled in.
Everyone has been friendly and helpful, but we know nothing, yet, about care services and activities. Value...too early to tell.

Personal Care Respite Stay

My MIL needed a place to stay after being released from rehab post hip replacement. Her previous residence was no longer a viable option and as the hospitalization happened suddenly, there was no prior planning.

We ultimately chose the Personal Care unit at Wesley Pennypack not only because it was lovely, really a very nice look and feel to the entire place, and that the marketing staff was super helpful and easy to work with, but because in addition to the personal care unit, they also had what seemed like a viable option for "later" with a more active community.

The only negative I have to say was the confusion upon admittance about who handles what medically speaking. Having come from hospitals and rehabs where everything was handled, and those places wrote orders for what should occur next, there was a combination of a paper misplaced and then a misunderstanding about whether it had been received that led to some concern and frustration in the first 48 hours, but that was all resolved and it was of no fault of WEL's, just the nature of a move like this with many people being involved on both sides.

I would highly recommend visiting this community to see if it feels like the right fit for you or your loved one. Its hard to imagine how upscale it can feel being so close to the main road and for the price. The people there really seem to love working there and their interactions are always helpful, pleasant and caring.

This seems to be the frontrunner. Th...

This seems to be the frontrunner. Their house just went up for sale and they are starting to pack up. It's a waiting game since they are not fast movers.

After several visits. Mother has chos...

After several visits. Mother has chosen this facility