Oakwood Residence - Philadelphia, PA

Situated in the far North East part of Philadelphia and near to Lower Bucks and Eastern Montgomery counties; Oakwood Residence is located off of US1/Roosevelt Blvd and close to many major arteries.

Our friendly atmosphere and passion for care, contributes to the personal independence, choices, dignity and respect four our special residents.

Local malls, movies, and many ethnic restaurants promote Oakwood Residence the most popular community in the vicinity.
We welcome your phone call to discuss how we can meet your loved ones needs or better yet to schedule a tour.

Community Looked and felt outdated

We didn't care for this community very much. Walking around you could not help but notice that everything was dated from the lobby to the resident's rooms nothing had been replaced in quite awhile. The only area that didn't give me a true nursing home feel was the dining area and that is setup like a restaurant. My aunt would have had to share a room and a bathroom in order for this community to fit within her budget and that was not going to work. However, the staff was friendly and helpful.

first impressions

I have placed my mother-in-law in Oakwood residence. she is 91 years old and her son just passed away and I thought she needed to be around people her own age. she has not changed at all in the three weeks she has been there. I was hoping she would get involved but she just sits in her room.
maybe time will change all so I am waiting.

Dad seems very happy and so am I.
Thanks Oakwood for being there for us.

I would highly recommend Oakwood!

Oakwood Residence is a nice place! The staff is very kind. Oakwood gives my loved one everything that he needs. I would highly recommend this facility!

I did not like the parking arrangements. The environment did not appeal to me. The staff was very helpful, friendly, and interacted well with the residents.

Independent living at Oakwood

My father is currently residing in the only independent living studio apartment at Oakwood Residence and it has worked out quite well. The apartment is a perfect size and my Dad enjoys 3 meals/day + snacks, and has participated in several of the activities offered to the residents. The staff are incredibly friendly and helpful, and my Dad's transition has been practically seamless.

I found Oakwood Residence to be a nice friendly clean place. The director, Sandra, was delightful to work with. Very personable. We went for a tour of all the amenities. Every staff member that we encountered seemed to be pleasant and happy in their work. We stayed for lunch and had a lovely meal served by a nice attentive server. Everyone was so friendly. We are looking forward to our mother moving in in the very near future.

This was the first Residence we visited and we liked everything about it. We spoke to a few residents who have lived there for years and enjoyed living there. The staff were friendly, knowledgeable and interacted with the residents. There were many activities and outside trips available. Mom needs minimal assistance with bathing/showering, walking and meds. She walks around with a walker, but for short distances at a time and never had the need to use a wheelchair nor knows how to use one. This was the only reason she would not be able to live there. Not only for safety reasons, she also needed to be able to get herself to the dining room for meals.

mom is very happy there

It has been a very good experience with Oakwood Residence. Any time I have had any issues or questions about anything they have always been addressed quickly and efficiently. They are very friendly good people. My mom is very happy there, and that is what matters with me.

Review of Oakwood Residence Assisted Living in Philadelphia, PA

Clean and friendly employees. Spoke with some of the residents and are happy there.

This is the place where my ...

This is the place where my grandfather was when it was called Ashton Hall. He had horrible care there. My mother and I had to alternate to be there 16 hours a day to care for him ourselves. It was terrible then and still has a terrible reputation in the medical community. I recently witnessed a patient from there being dropped off at the eye doctor's. He had no nurse or aid with him, no chart or medical records, was almost blind, had a shuffling, unsteady gait, clothes looked dirty and pants were falling off of him with no belt. He was trying very hard to hold his pants up with one hand and use the other hand to steady himself by holding onto objects. He was left alone to fend for himself in the waiting room. It was awful to witness. They actually were about to send my grandfather to the hospital without any notes or attendent when my husband and I came to visit. We went to the hospital with my grandfather or he would not have known what was going on or why he was there. He was prone to fall and needed an attendent with him. It is not and will never be on my list of opitions.