Deer Meadows Retirement Community - Philadelphia, PA

Clean, well lit, friendly staff and residents, nice size rooms, full calendar of events, answered all questions, easily accessible.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you so much for your review. Here at Deer Meadows we do our best to make you feel at home and we are so glad you are enjoying your experience with us. Your feedback is appreciated.

Large community offering various levels of care based on need. Our tour was conducted by a member of the security team and included each building and touched on many of the services, activity areas, dining, etc. Definitely a consideration.

Not inviting

This community did not seem as clean as the community we chose. This is an older community. The person that took us on tour was friendly. I did not think this community would work for my loved one.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you for your feedback. Here at Deer Meadows we are constantly improving our ways to make sure everyone feels comfortable and satisfied. We really appreciate you providing your feedback, and we apologize if you didn't feel it was a good fit for your loved one. Please reach out if there is anything we can do to help!

Location Has A Gift Shop

This community is a beautiful property. However, it is rather large and I was a little concerned that my aunt might not get the one on one attention that she needed. With being such a large community I found the rooms to be a little smaller than some of the other communities we looked at. One of the features this community offered was a gift shop which I thought was a nice feature. The staff seemed friendly and nice and interacted with the residents.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you for your review. Here at Deer Meadows we are known for providing our undivided attention to each and every one of our residents. We really appreciate you giving us your feedback. Let us know if we can improve your experience here in any way!

No Stench Here

My mom is doing fine in their dementia unit for the moment. The staff are understanding the needs of her condition. It has been outstanding with how they keep the community clean, making good meals, and planning activities for the residents. I would recommend to my family.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you so much for your review and recommendation. We take pride in letting you know that you can rest assured knowing your loved one is in good hands here at Deer Meadows. We really appreciate your feedback.

My parents briefly experienced assisted living, but mostly long term care in the skilled nursing side since late 2015. The IL/AL apartments are beautiful & the SNF area & rooms are bright & visually nicer than most other facilities we toured. Most staff are caring & friendly. The place appears attractive but from speaking with long-term residents & their families we understand it's gone downhill since the recent new ownership. Food is rarely appealing, of low quality & inconsistent. In the SNF there has been a constant turnover of nurses & CNA's, some are hired through agencies. Communication is poor between staff & with family. Most care staff seem to sincerely care about the residents but they are understaffed & seem unhappy & overworked. I've seen them make both medication & physical handling mistakes with my parents. There are only a few long-time staff left that we truly trust & feel comfortable with & they are wonderful. I've learned that DM is an average facility, better than many, & is ok if you are in IL/AL, but I wouldn't feel comfortable just leaving my more vulnerable parents completely in their hands as I've learned they need a strong advocate & watchful eye here.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you for your review. We apologize if you didn't feel this was a good fit for your loved ones. Please reach out to us if we can do anything to improve your experience. We really appreciate your feedback here at Deer Meadows.

Nice place and [Removed] was very hospitable. Rooms were a good size. I liked the full kitchen option. I wish there was a little personal outside space.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you so much for your review and suggestion. Here at Deer Meadows we are constantly improving to satisfy our customers and we will take your feedback into consideration.

Awful

This place is very disappointing some of the staff here really don't care about the residents, their is only one resident here on Ground A that gets his meds on time and what he wants or else him and his family has a fit and [Removed] runs with his tail between his legs to please them all while everyone else has to wait and suffer and that is just shameful... My father has been in this place for almost two years and I have been here day after day with him and trust me you if I knew this place was run this crazy, way I would never would had place him here but cause I'm able to put a review to let other family members know hopefully it will help you all. Don't place your loves ones in Deer Medows this place is not a 5 Start place like they like to claim to be...

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you Sonia for your review. We cannot disclose any personal information online so we ask of you to please reach out so we can help. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback, we really appreciate it here at Deer Meadows.

Parent Approved!

Everything has been just wonderful so far. Mom and dad are adjusting still, but dad has tried to get more active. They enjoy the dining because they get a chance to mingle. The food is good as well. The community and mom and dads apartment is always clean.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you for your review. We are so glad to hear your parents are enjoying their stay here at Deer Meadows. Your feedback is very much appreciated!

What I saw I liked. They knew their residents and interacted with each one we met in a friendly manner. The facilities were clean and very attractive. Unfortunately, to me, it was too big. I was afraid my husband would be lost trying to navigate himself around.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you for your review. We are glad you liked what you saw here. We'd like to assure you that every one of our residents get our undivided care and attention even though it is a large place. We are sorry if you didn't feel like it was the right fit for your loved one, please let us know if we can assist you in any way.

November 1, 2016 Move In Review

Our experience thus far has been very positive. [Removed] has been wonderful and helped us through finding the right apartment, reviewing financials, working with us for move in and tending to details upon admission. The apartment was completely freshened up with new carpeting, paint and was spotless on our arrival. Anything that needed tending to was done with joy by maintenance and housekeeping; they couldn't have been more helpful or friendly in providing all we needed. There is a flat screen TV in the living room and Mom had her choice to leave it table top or to be mounted on the wall. She even has a washer and dryer in her apartment and can now do her own laundry. She has not been able to do that for a few years as her former laundry appliances were in the basement and the stairs were too dangerous for her to navigate. Mom has adjusted quite well and says she feels very safe at Deer Meadows. She says the staff is kind and caring and the food good. She has gained five pounds since admission, which she really needed. So far, so good. Mom entered on November 1st and I'd say it has been a very positive experience.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you so much we are so glad to here your loved one is having a good experience here at Deer Meadows. We really appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback.

Overall great experience!!

My brother has really been enjoying his stay at this facility, they offer a great activity program and serve three delicious meals a day. He has also really been enjoying the company of the other residents, they have all been so friendly and welcoming to him since he moved in. I am very pleased with the care he has received and would defiantly recommend this community.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you for your review and recommendation. We are so happy to hear that your loved on has been enjoying his stay here at Deer Meadows.

Mom Is Doing Better

My mom is doing fine. The staff do all they are suppose to for my mom. She has been doing bingo and ceramics plus more. They serve 3 meals a day, they bring breakfast to her room and she likes the meals. She is enjoying her community.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you so much for your review. We are blessed with amazing staff members who go above and beyond to make every resident feel comfortable here at Deer Meadows. We really appreciate your feedback.

Not the same anymore

Mom has lived in independent living for 10 years. She is in good health and an active resident. New management took over this past year and their responsiveness to complaints is disappointing. The quality of food has really declined and activities have reduced significantly. Mom complains regularly of the kitchen running out of food and the presentation dry, cold and often ineatable. We supplement her food regularly so she can still go to the dining room to eat with friends. Unfortunately, all her money has been tied up there so she doesn't have a choice to go elsewhere. This would no longer be my recommendation for adult living.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you for your review Robert. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We are sorry if you aren't satisfied with your experience here, please reach out to us so we can improve it. Thank you!

Caring staff

The building is always clean and orderly. The staff is very caring and kind and they seem to genuinely care about the well-being of the residents. The other residents here seem happy and well adjusted and they are always friendly too.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you so much for your review. We are so glad to know you are having the experience you deserve here at Deer Meadows. Your feedback is appreciated.

Nice place, overall

Our experience with Deer Meadows has been a positive one overall. It's a nice looking place, the people are friendly, and they do a good job looking out for the residents.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you for your positive feedback. We really appreciate it here at Deer Meadows, let us know if there is anything we can do to improve your experience.

New Resident

The Staff is very attentive, the food is good, and it's a good value (especially because there's no huge entrance fee.)

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you for your feedback, we really appreciate it here at Deer Meadows.

This facility was not only beautiful but had the services, accommodations and the pricing that Mom needed. The staff was friendly and helpful. Mom liked the fact that she would be in her own apartment and didn't 'have' to attend any of the activities if she chose not to and the BEAUTIFUL Chapel made her happy to hopefully making Deer Meadows her permanent home.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you so much for your review. Nothing makes us happier than knowing your loved one is enjoying her experience here at Deer Meadows. We really appreciate your feedback.

Deer Meadows is a wonderful facility. I loved the warm feeling as I entered in the community. The staff was extremely friendly. The care that I saw being given to residents looks superb.

Naomi Landsberg

Thank you for your review. We do our best to make sure there is a warm and friendly environment here at Deer Meadows. Your feedback is appreciated.

Deer Meadows Retirement Community (DMRC) offers the perfect combination for today’s seniors – an active, independent living in a safe, caring environment. Enjoy freedom and comfort in our beautiful new luxury apartments while staying fit in our wellness center. Rest in the confidence that you or your family member will get dignified support and care at all levels from personal care to respite, dementia and hospice care.