Deer Meadows Retirement Community - Philadelphia, PA

Deer Meadows Retirement Community (DMRC) offers the perfect combination for today's seniors -- active, independent living in a safe, caring environment. Enjoy freedom and comfort in our beautiful new luxury apartments while staying fit in our wellness center. Rest in the confidence that you or your family member will get dignified support and care at all levels from Personal Care living to respite, dementia and hospice care.
Located in beautiful NorthEast Philadelphia, In total, 491 residents can call Deer Meadows home. A community landmark, DMRC is a not-for-profit residential retirement community founded in 1869 as The Baptist Home of Philadelphia.

Standard Benefits

Beauty Salon/Barber Shop
Telephone

Medications
Medical Supplies

What I saw I liked. They knew their residents and interacted with each one we met in a friendly manner. The facilities were clean and very attractive. Unfortunately, to me, it was too big. I was afraid my husband would be lost trying to navigate himself around.

November 1, 2016 Move In Review

Our experience thus far has been very positive. [Removed] has been wonderful and helped us through finding the right apartment, reviewing financials, working with us for move in and tending to details upon admission. The apartment was completely freshened up with new carpeting, paint and was spotless on our arrival. Anything that needed tending to was done with joy by maintenance and housekeeping; they couldn't have been more helpful or friendly in providing all we needed. There is a flat screen TV in the living room and Mom had her choice to leave it table top or to be mounted on the wall. She even has a washer and dryer in her apartment and can now do her own laundry. She has not been able to do that for a few years as her former laundry appliances were in the basement and the stairs were too dangerous for her to navigate. Mom has adjusted quite well and says she feels very safe at Deer Meadows. She says the staff is kind and caring and the food good. She has gained five pounds since admission, which she really needed. So far, so good. Mom entered on November 1st and I'd say it has been a very positive experience.

Overall great experience!!

My brother has really been enjoying his stay at this facility, they offer a great activity program and serve three delicious meals a day. He has also really been enjoying the company of the other residents, they have all been so friendly and welcoming to him since he moved in. I am very pleased with the care he has received and would defiantly recommend this community.

Mom Is Doing Better

My mom is doing fine. The staff do all they are suppose to for my mom. She has been doing bingo and ceramics plus more. They serve 3 meals a day, they bring breakfast to her room and she likes the meals. She is enjoying her community.

Not the same anymore

Mom has lived in independent living for 10 years. She is in good health and an active resident. New management took over this past year and their responsiveness to complaints is disappointing. The quality of food has really declined and activities have reduced significantly. Mom complains regularly of the kitchen running out of food and the presentation dry, cold and often ineatable. We supplement her food regularly so she can still go to the dining room to eat with friends. Unfortunately, all her money has been tied up there so she doesn't have a choice to go elsewhere. This would no longer be my recommendation for adult living.

Caring staff

The building is always clean and orderly. The staff is very caring and kind and they seem to genuinely care about the well-being of the residents. The other residents here seem happy and well adjusted and they are always friendly too.

Nice place, overall

Our experience with Deer Meadows has been a positive one overall. It's a nice looking place, the people are friendly, and they do a good job looking out for the residents.

New Resident

The Staff is very attentive, the food is good, and it's a good value (especially because there's no huge entrance fee.)

This facility was not only beautiful but had the services, accommodations and the pricing that Mom needed. The staff was friendly and helpful. Mom liked the fact that she would be in her own apartment and didn't 'have' to attend any of the activities if she chose not to and the BEAUTIFUL Chapel made her happy to hopefully making Deer Meadows her permanent home.

Deer Meadows is a wonderful facility. I loved the warm feeling as I entered in the community. The staff was extremely friendly. The care that I saw being given to residents looks superb.