Weinberg Community for Senior Living - Deerfield, IL

A positive community

This community offers a nice dining room where the residents are encouraged to dress up for meals. The food is very good. The people I have met here have been friendly. The community is clean and they offer some nice amenities. I would recommend taking a look at this community.

A 5 plus community

Everything about this community is excellent. The food is good and they offer a variety of healthy choices. My wife receives great care. They keep the community clean and they offer a good variety of activities. I would recommend this community.

Dori says the truth

I was there the Sat. before Easter with my spouse to check out a place for my Mom who is 87. We've been looking around and doing site visits because we've (in consultation with my Mom) come to the difficult family decision that we can no longer provide the level of care she needs. While there, I saw evidence of rodent droppings. As we were leaving, one of the staff [removed] said they have been fighting rodents for quite some time. I'm glad that the staff had my best interests in mind.

Wonderfully kind and clean, but as Mom is Jewish and my step-dad is not, I think he will not like a Kosher kithcen.

Quite a facility - large, filled with active and apparently happy members of the community. Excellent for those who feel that a Jewish environment is paramount. Services may not be as attentive for the more physically needy resident compared to some other places.

It's working out good so far.

It's working out good so far.The billing has been a little difficult. Overall I think the food is pretty good, the lunch menu is a little bit limited, and they have a lot of sweets. The staff are wonderful. They don't have any underground parking, or covered parking, so in the winter that can get a little challenging.

Day Service feeling

Felt it was okay, alright. seemed to be more females and more of a day care feeling.

Conveniently located in Deerfield, the Weinberg Community for Senior Living is a beautiful campus surrounded by sculptures and lush landscaping. The Weinberg Community features two distinct residences, Gidwitz Place for Assisted Living and The Friend Center for Early Alzheimer’s Care. Gidwitz Place for Assisted Living is a modern elevator building that offers 125 one and two bedroom apartments, each with a full kitchen. Gidwitz Place is designed for seniors who want to remain independent but need some assistance with activities of daily living. Residents enjoy restaurant style meals served in an elegant dining room, transportation, activities, including spiritual and religious programming and outings. There is also a Wellness Center on-site. Located right next door is The Friend Center for Early Alzheimer’s Care. Residents enjoy therapeutic round-the-clock activities. They can stroll safely in a beautiful outdoor garden, relax in a cozy living room, engage in favorite hobbies and participate in religious and spiritual observances. Housekeeping, laundry, meals, bathing and dressing assistance are included in the monthly rent. Staff members have special training in meeting the needs of people with memory loss. The Weinberg Community for Senior Living is a partnership of Council for Jewish Elderly and Jewish Federation of Metropolitan Chicago.