Vi at The Glen - Glenview, IL

We did not feel the warmth and welcome feeling here, even though it was quite similar to the community my father is coming from.

Settling in

I like this community everyone is so nice here and helpful. I have a 2 bdrm with a den and a small patio area. They will come in weekly to clean and if I wanted laundry service that is available. The only thing that could be better is the food. All the services are wonderful. They will post a calendar of daily activities. They have bus trips out.I would recommend this community.

Very nice place

They've done a really great job so far at Vi at The Glen, my Mom loves it. It's a little pricey, but it is beautiful, clean, and well run. It's an upscale place (dress codes for dinner, etc.), which may not be the atmosphere some are looking for, but my Mom really seems to like it here. They're definitely worth a look.

Vi at the Glen is an upscale Type A continuing care retirement community located in Glenview, Illinois on the former site of the Glenview Naval Air Station. The community is part of a 1,000-acre master-planned community that features shopping, dining, parks, walking trails, and two golf courses. Vi at the Glen is also near other attractions on Chicago’s North Shore, including the Chicago Botanic Garden and the North Shore Center for the Performing Arts in Skokie, Illinois.

With a wide variety of distinctive amenities, fine dining, lifestyle activities, and a continuum of care, Vi at the Glen is committed to providing quality environments, services and programs to enrich the lives of older adults.

At Vi at the Glen your entrance fee and monthly fee include the cost of your home, chosen from one of our 23 one bedroom, two bedroom, two bedroom plus den or freestanding villa floor plans – all nestled within a neighborhood-like community. And when you move into Vi as an Independent Living resident, care is a party of your residency agreement. Your monthly fees do not increase as a result of moving to our care center for Assisted Living, Memory Support or Skilled Nursing care services. Your only extra costs are for additional meals and ancillary items.

About Vi
The Vi family of communities consists of 10 continuing care retirement communities (CCRCs) located in six states across the U.S. In 2012 we celebrated our 25th anniversary as a developer, owner and operator of residential communities for older adults. We also maintain a commitment to financial stability at all of our locations, and with our final construction loan paid off in 2011, all CCRCs are now free of third party debt.