Sunrise of Highland Park - Highland Park, IL

Very satisfied with the care

So far, we are entirely satisfied. My mom has a very difficult situation and she seems to have taken to it like a fish out of water. From my visits, the staff has provided around the clock contact and they have a very specific set of rules concerning the residents in my mother’s particular section. The staff has been quite attentive and the place is clean and nice. The washroom and the other residents’ room are kept pretty clean and I haven’t heard any complaints. The community has a few different activities and for the holidays, they hosted a Halloween get together. They’re even going to be hosting a Thanksgiving brunch for the residents and their families. Overall, things seem to be going well.

Amazing Engagement & Care

Sunrise of Highland Park is a wonderful community! It was difficult to find a place where my siblings and I would be comfortable placing our Father. He is still very active and enjoys being social. It was nice to know that there are plenty daily activities for the residents to be a part of . It was also nice knowing that there are activities outside of the community, that residents can attend. Many choices are available, rather than just sitting around all day. Other important factors that played a role in us choosing Sunrise, was the friendly staff and unbelievable care our Father will receive while living at Sunrise. We are very happy with the decision we made!

My mother is doing really well

My mother has adjusted well since moving into the community. I was worried at first that everything would be a little bit overwhelming, but the staff has been great at meeting her needs and getting introduced to other people who live there. The building is clean and doesn't smell... which is something we noticed about other facilities we toured. I wish there was a little more outdoor space, but they are in downtown Highland Park so it is a nice trade off to a large backyard.

Pet Friendly!!

My mother has recently moved into this community and so far everything is going well for her. The staff are very attentive to her needs and make sure to accommodate her needs to the best of there ability. She has really been enjoying the dinning experience and has been enjoying the delicious meals they serve. I am hoping that she starts to get more involved in many of the activities that they have to offer with the other residents. I love that they are pet friendly as well that was a huge plus for my mother.

Friendly staff!

My mother is doing well since her move into Sunrise. She is having some trouble adjusting and is needing extra care, but the staff is doing what they can to accommodate. They are a smaller community and I would recommend it to anyone looking into it. What I liked most is that it is close by to my home.

Nice community!!

I have no complaints about the tour I had taken of this community. The staff was very friendly and made my loved one and I feel very welcomed. They offered us a complimentary meal and made sure to take there time on showing us all of the great amenities they had to offer all of there residents. It just ended up being not the right fit for my mother with the location.

It Is Perfect and May Extent For Future Care

It is a smaller community and more open for my mom. She is socializing more outside her room, making friends with a group of women. Activities are available and my mom is more involved and open to participate. It is kept clean and she likes the food better. She likes the variety to choose from. The community is affordable and close to us. My main reason in case of any event, it will be easier. My only issue is communicating the bill and getting a copy of it.

Sunrise Senior Living

Family Community!!

One thing i really like about the community is that it's small and gives that family feeling. The staff is very nice and communicate very well. My father participates sometimes in some of the activities. He is getting engaged more little by little. The meals have been okay for him.

Settling in

My Father has been a resident at Sunrise for two months .
The Staff is always very helpful and friendly.
The staff has helped a great deal with my Fathers transition into Sunrise .
My Father enjoys the activities and loves having a resident dog at the home .

Very impressed with Highlandpark Sunrise.
The staff are all very helpful and friendly.
My Father enjoys many of the activities and will participate.
My Father has diabetes and it is reassuring he is receiving his insulin by the nursing staff .

It's like every other place, they are understaffed.

It's like every other place, they are understaffed. It took a while to get someone to come. We weren't there very long, and we didn't really have any other issues, nothing was concerning or anything. I really think the staffing problem is everywhere.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. Please contact us at information (at) sunriseseniorliving (dot) com so we can better understand your concerns. –The Sunrise Team

Wonderful experience

We are very pleased with the Sunrise in Highland Park.
Everyone is so friendly and helpful.
The place is very bright and cheery and is welcoming.

My Father is a diabetic. His sugar has greatly improved since
living at Sunrise.

I would recommend Sunrise if there is a problem with memory and dementia.

I would recommend Sunrise if there is a problem with memory and dementia. A lot of places will take care of the routine and the bedpans, but they don't really help them live a reasonably happy life. The only reason we didn't choose this location is that it was just too far away.

Just the Best!

It is difficult to imagine a better run company where everything from the décor in public spaces to the excellent food reinforces what singles Sunrise out. The dining room with table clothes and fresh flowers (and often live piano music) makes it a haven at mealtime. Staff and management, to a man and woman, are caring, intelligent and where they want to be. I feel very lucky to have found a place for my mom that offers all this so close to home!

This was a lovely facility. You experienced a warmth as soon as you entered the front door. The place felt like home. The services also seem quite comprehensive. It is a smaller facility (about 50 persons in assisted living) which can be considered positive and negative.

Uncomfortable

Wasn't very impressed, parking was awful, didn't seem as nice as The Silverado. Didn't get a comfortable feeling.

Sunrise is outstanding

Sunrise is outstanding, I can't say enough good things about them. They are outstanding in the supportive way they treat my wife. We had such a horrible experience at the last place we were at (Wealshire in Lincolnwood Illinois), that this is just night and day. Sunrise deserves all the accolades they get.
I have never stopped in when their were not a multiple of professionals doing and helping. These people really love what they do and they all show it.

Cynthia was a very good con...

Cynthia was a very good contact person, and I learned many details that I had not at another Sunrise facility. However, being at this exact location is not necessary for my mom. It would be better for her to be at a Sunrise location that has lower rents.

They’re excellent.

They’re excellent. The clean is one of the features that impresses me the most. The staff is very attentive. They seem to be pretty good at the activities they offer. The way I see it is that the level of service and food is excellent – everything is trying to keep the residents comfortable.

Sunrise is terrific! I am very pleas...

Sunrise is terrific! I am very pleased with it and think it is going to be very helpful for my husband.