Brookdale Northbrook - Northbrook, IL

This location is a little further than we would prefer. The noise from the tollway would be a concern. We felt there were a lot more amenities at another Brookdale.

Toured and really liked the well-equipped physical therapy room

Good Experience

We had a pleasant tour of this community. Everyone was very kind to my family, and myself. The staff we met was friendly, and our questions were answered. The experience went well, but my in law was not ready to make to the move at the time we toured.

Great staff!

My loved one's stay is going well so far at Brookdale! The facility is very nice. The staff are kind and take great care of my loved one. I have no complaints!

[Removed]

I visited Brookdale-Northbrook by myself. [Removed] was very candid with me and discussed the differences between the rental (buying care) vs. "buy in" (buying real estate)options. She said that we would find more people in our age group in a "buy in" environment. I'm inclined to believe that she is right about this and will know more after we visit Sedgebrook. The facility was nice enough, but I wouldn't want to live there, as the only thing I would have in common is my silver hair. I felt like I was there to visit my parents or grandparents.

Pleased with This Community

My mother is doing much better with her move to this community. She is safe, and receiving good care at this facility. We are pleased with all they have done for us. They have a great staff at this community. They have been very caring, and welcoming. They really work well with the families of the residents. This is community I would recommend, it has worked out well for us.

Comfort for dad!!

I think things are going very well since my father made the move into Brookdale Northbrook. They are absolutely wonderful and I would recommend them. They have a terrific menu and a large variety of activities. It has been a good expert so far.

Everything is going really great !!

Everything has been going really great for my mom so far at this community. The staff have all been wonderful and they have made sure to be accommodating to my moms needs as best as possible to make her comfortable in her new living environment. She has enjoyed her meals and dinning experience as well participating in many of the activities throughout the week with the other residents. We are pleased with our choice of this place and would recommend it to anyone.

Nice place!

I liked the Brookdale Northbrook. I was a nice place and everyone was very friendly while I was on my tour. They seemed to be more willing to provide assisted living than other places.

[Removed] is a fountain of information. She reviewed my longterm health care policy with me free of charge. Very knowledgeable.

I Recommend A Tour!!

This community was very large and very beautiful. The staff that i got to meet in my tour were friendly. The rooms and dinning room were nice. There are activities offered to residents as well as meal plans. The tour guide was informative. Unfortunately, they were more like independent living this didn't work for him.

Friendly Staff!!

I really liked this community it offered complimentary transportation and beautician services. There were also many activities offered like art, yoga, and stretching classes. It would have worked out great the staff was very friendly, but unfortunately the location didn't work between family members it wasn't very close for us.

Great Property, Great People

This a a really nice property which is very well maintained both inside and out. The staff is extremely helpful and caring. There are a lot of activities all day, everyday. Brookdale-Northbrook is all inclusive, from a hair salon, a greenhouse, a cafe on sight; to providing residents transportation to area stores for shopping or doctor appointments. We've been involved with Brookdale-Northbrook for a couple months now and have been completely satisfied with everything.

so friendly and so nice

They have really done a great job making my sister feel at home. The staff there at Brookdale Northbrook is so friendly and so nice. They are very accommodating and they really genuinely care about the people that live there.

They seem to do pretty well so far.

They seem to do pretty well so far. I liked the rooms they had the best out of the other places that we saw, it seemed like an apartment more than a room, and I liked that it wasn't a huge complex to walk around in. The people that worked there were really nice, and it seemed to be a good value for what we saw.

Beautiful community

We recently moved our mother into Brookdale/The Seasons of Northbrook and couldn't be more pleased with the overall experience. First, the facility is beautiful and inviting. The environment is just like being at home (only better) and it was clear all the residents we encountered were very happy there. The entire staff, starting with Sales Counselor, Jeff Altschul, is professional, caring and attentive beyond expectations. This is a top notch senior living community that anyone would be proud to call their home.

Very nice community

My loved one was in their assisted living section, and I thought they did an absolutely wonderful job. The facility itself was nice looking, and the staff were friendly and caring. They provide so many services for their residents, and all of it is excellent!

Not the right fit.

When we first spoke with Jeff over the phone, he was difficult to work with, and it was almost a turning-away point for us. However, after we met with him in person, we realized he was just very direct. We sat down and discussed our needs. He informed us that the average age of residents is over 80, which was not what we wanted for our loved one. It just didn't suit her personality. The community itself is nice. Each floor has their own activities going on. There is also a nice Golden Retreiver that sort of serves as the house pet! The facilities are nice, but they're not the cleanest. Also, their cancellation policy was not favorable. You have to be there for 12 months before you have give your notice with no penalty. All in all, this was not the right fit for my loved one.

Friendly staff

This is a nice place overall. They have a very friendly staff who provide good care, and keep the place nice and clean.

This facility did not stand...

This facility did not stand out. The location was convenient, but the fees were high for what you got compared to the other places we toured. It was not as clean or as kept up.

I like the mission statement..since D...

I like the mission statement..since Dad is moving up North...this might be one to really look at....

Again - location, amenities and pics ...

Again - location, amenities and pics look great. Pricing?

Wonderful tour guide. Liked the indep...

Wonderful tour guide. Liked the independent living situation with access to assisted care. Great facility. A lot of Jewish people and felt very comfortable

Brookdale Plaza Northbrook provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Our Brookdale community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional services, amenities and opportunities we offer. And, our residents can rest assured that as their needs change we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages our residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.