Belmont Village Glenview - Glenview, IL

Belmont Village of Glenview, Illinois is situated in the heart of a beautiful residential area. Our community is convenient to Old Orchard, the botanical gardens and many places of worship. There are also major medical centers and hospitals in close to the facility, including the new Glenview Senior Center. Equally significant as Belmont’s handy location is the fact that it was built to provide a higher standard of care for assisted living.

Mature landscaping and generous grounds provide a variety of enjoyable outdoor areas and activities such as bocce ball and a three-hole golf course. Inside, residents enjoy Belmont’s distinctive interiors and signature programs in hospitality, dining and activities. And all residents are cared for by a stable and caring team of professionals who live in the local community.

Wonderful

The staff have been wonderful at this community. The food is good and they do offer outings to restaurants for lunch. They have daily activities and the community is very clean. The community has large windows and is bright and airy. I would recommend this community.

The Tour

I had a tour and I saw a clean community and good staff who appeared to know what they were doing for the residents. Overall they were too much money for me and not very convenient location.

I took a tour!

Belmont Village was a good choice when I toured. The tour guide was wonderful. The place was clean and organized, I had a good experience touring.

The tour guide was awesome!

We also toured Bellmont Village, but it was 2000 more a month that other places we were looking into. The lady that took us around did a great job, she was friendly and able to answer questions. If it was not for the price, it would have been a harder choice between this place and Sunrise Park.

Great Tour of This Community

My daughter, and I was very impressed with our tour of this community. It was one of our top picks for my wife, and her needs. The community looked great. Everyone was very kind to my family, and I. Unfortunately they did have any opening at the moment, and also their rates were expensive for our budget.

Really welcoming staff and warm environment. Got a glimpse of many residents gathering for a Veteran's Day presentation as well as saw a circle gathered for pre-lunch discussion. Very favorably impressed with what I saw and how people interacted with one another.

The meals served are very good!

The community is very nicely kept at Belmont Village Glenview. They spent time engaging my loved one with the activities that they offer. The community could use some additional staff to provide more attention to those who need it in memory care. I appreciate the help and concern that A Place for Mom actually put in this search for our loved one, our advisor Marcus went above and beyond!

We Explored The Community

I went to visit the community and I thought it was very nice. The guide was focused on us and answered all of our questions. The staff appeared to be nice. We were offered a complimentary meal but we didn't have time to take the offer. It was a very good experience all together.

A Good Fit For Mom

All is great here. It was a nice and very clean community. I love how everyone is so nice and treat her very well. There are lots of activities, for improvement, we ask the staff to help remind and take her to her activity she signed up for. They are working on this. I also felt our charge for cleaning was not fully explained and they are working on this too. A Place For Mom Really helped us find the right community.

Lorena Grimes

We’re happy to hear that your family is having a positive experience at Belmont Village. Input from residents and families is an integral part of our ongoing care so we encourage you to continue to regularly share your thoughts and concerns with your community team so we can address them quickly.

More Nighttime Activities Needed

We just moved my father into Belmont Village Glenview about 6 weeks ago. Everyone has been very attentive to him and is helping him get acclimated to his new environment. My family is mostly pleased with the friendliness of the staff and the quality of the food. The Pals and nursing staff have all been great. The only negatives I would cite at this point, are 1) the lack of activities after dinner. Most evenings the only activity is a movie, which is just something they stream from Netflix as I understand it and it's poorly attended. 2) My father, who has dementia, is displaying some new behaviors as he tries to transition to all these changes. The management has a way of communicating these issues in a manner that makes the family feel that a) either they've never dealt with anyone with these behaviors before (unlikely) or b) we should have warned them of these issues. Honestly, some of the behaviors were communicated to management prior to and at the time of his moving, and some of these are new to us as well. However, all that being said, things are moving along and my dad seems to be adjusting as well as can be expected.

Lorena Grimes

Thank you for choosing Belmont Village. It’s our privilege to serve your father and we appreciate your feedback. We understand that transitions can be challenging, especially for someone with dementia, and our goal is to make each one as smooth as possible. Our initial care assessment helps us identify the best care method for our residents, but it’s not until the resident moves in that we get a better understanding of their needs. If we notice changes, we just want to make sure to communicate to the family what we see. We encourage you to contact your executive director to discuss your specific concerns.

Happy to be going back

He will be admitted on Tuesday. The staff is great and is being very helpful with the transition. I think he is going to be very happy there. This is his second admission and he seems happy to be going back.

so much more value here

I am very very pleased with Belmont Village Glenview. We moved her from one facility to this one. There is so much more value here. The staff keep the residents active all the time. There was just not much going on at the previous facility. The experience here has gone really well.

Five-Star

There is really not a whole lot to say about Belmont Village Glenview. I only met with some members of the staff twice, so my review on the facility is a little bit limited. I give it a five-star rating though.

facility is very nice and appears to be well managed. The patients were eating lunch while I toured and seemed to be well cared and attended too, and the staff was very attentive. Food looked good.
I appreciated that the tenants were moved from the dining area and taken for washroom needs and then escorted to the main areas where staff was doing group exercises and games..
Rooms were very nice and personalized.

Went over the Respite option.. 30,60 day. Might be what we are looking for in the short term....

Review of The Belmont - Glenview, IL

I feel blessed that my children found such a wonderful place for me to spend my retirement years. The food here is nutritious, delicious, & served by terrific servers. (I was a good cook (6 children) & a wonderful husband loved my cooking). The kitchen deserves a 5 star rating as I know what good food should taste like.

My apartment is just what I need. Not too much and not too little. I'm grateful for two double windows & then having a view of the lawn with the church beyond is wonderful! (My husband was a minister) The path at the end of the hall is very helpful!

Review of Belmont Village of Glenview

This community is a very nice and friendly place to live with lots of light, pleasant surroundings inside and out with many flowers. The staff is kind, caring, and helpful. The food is so fresh and so good. There are lots of activities including exercise programs, special entertainments each week, a book club, and more. The Belmont bus and van take residents to appointments, shopping, scenic drives, and different events.

So far I think she has been pretty happy with it.

So far I think she has been pretty happy with it. This is just a temporary respite stay. They seem to have a lot of activities here, and offer the care we need. Though it does seem to be on the more expensive side.

Very impressive place. A possibility for my Dad if the times comes.

Would Recommend

Satisfied with the care and support we get from the staff.

mom is happy there

They have a really good homelike atmosphere at Belmont Village Glenview. For the most part they have been very attentive to all our needs and requests. There have been a couple of instances where we've experienced a lack of communication between the staff and operations.

Overall mom seems happy there.

Nice looking place

I toured this community when I was looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this was a very nice looking place overall. It didn't end up being a good fit for my loved one just due to the location and price not working for us, but I would definitely recommend taking a look at this place for those looking into senior care in the area!

very happy there

They are very accommodating. The meals are very nice. My brother seems to be very happy there.

Amy Self

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for choosing Belmont Village. We appreciate the opportunity to serve your brother and your family.

Very nice place. Pricey but all inclusive.

Lovely!

It’s lovely. The staff is very friendly and they seem to know – to be on top of things. I’m not there as much as my daughter is, but we’ve been there and we really like it. The food is good. The staff is friendly and they seem to meet his needs.

A Wonderful Move

I moved my mother from Portland, Oregon to Chicago to be near me just over a year ago. Caring for her from such a long distance was no longer working. My mother was a very independent, strong and bright woman who had lived in her house with 10 acres for over 50 years. She as diagnosed with alzheimers about 4 years ago. Her one wish was that we let her live in her home as long as possible but my mother had become negative and resistant to any change or help. The decision to move her was huge but ultimately proved to be very successful.

We were very pleasantly surprised by the move. My mother seemed relieved to be somewhere where she felt safe and secure. She missed her home and would ask everyday when she was going home but she also seemed content and relaxed for the first time that I can ever remember.

My mom has been at Belmont Village for just over a year. I continue to be very very happy with the level of care. The staff are all very caring, communicative and helpful. From the receptionist to the nurses, the pals and the aides, everyone really seems to work together to help all the residents. I visit my Mom at least twice a week, at all times of the day, and I always see an incredibly well run facility with caring staff. The consistency makes a big difference. I think the size of the facility helps - it is big enough to allow for full functioning and oversight but small enough for individual care.

I could not be happier with my mother's care at Belmont Village.

No Medicaid.

No Medicaid.

The staff is extremely friendly

The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The food is excellent. It’s a restaurant style menu. The servers are very kind – even knowing they’re not getting a tip. They always greet me when I get there. They know my mother’s name. The only thing that concerns me are mechanical difficulties with the building from time-to-time and they work very quickly to rectify it. We liked the smaller size.

Very nice community

Although we had a few issues and things started a little rocky for us here, this is a very nice community overall and we're very pleased with it now that our issues have been cleared up. Shortly after our loved one moved in we has issues with a small amount of money from her room going missing (and they did warn us about keeping valuables in her room simply due to the nature of a memory care community). We also had an issue near the start of her stay where they took over 30 minutes to respond to her call-button. Both of these issues made me worried about the quality of the care here, but they really stepped up and have since proven themselves to be a safe and trustworthy community.
They have a group called the Circle of Friends, which specializes in making sure their dementia patients participate in mentally stimulating activities every day.

Very satisfied with their service

Overall they do a very good job here, I'd give them high marks on all of the categories. One aspect of their service that I like in particular is the continuity offered for memory care patients; residents can be kept in the same room even as their care needs advance. It is also nice how the staff take initiative to make sure people are leaving their rooms to make it to meals and activities.

A wonderful place for Dad

An Alzheimer's sufferer for several years, my dad had been able to continue at home, very self sufficient in most ways and under the sole care of my Mom when needed. Then a fall necessitated many quick decisions about his condition; where and how he would need to live. Through "Aplaceformom.com" we found Belmont Village in Glenview. We have been very impressed with both the facility and the staff. The facility is very nice, bright and cheery, clean and comfortable. The staff is professional, friendly and caring. Dad seems comfortable and well cared for. We are very happy with our family's decision to move him to Belmont Village.

I liked this facility but s...

I liked this facility but still pursuing skilled nursing care as an option.

Would go to belmont again!

I'm pleased with the level of care and the cleanliness of the facility, the food is fantastic, the only thing I would say, and I think this would be common to any place where you have someone is you still have to keep an eye on them to see what's going on. Little things happen that you just have to follow up on and follow through with, like they're supposed to change a specific caregiver that day and it doesn't happen so you have to follow up with them.
Overall I'm very very pleased with how she settled in there. She was very resistant to going but she stopped battling and she seems to be content, it's really amazing. On the whole they're great, a 4.99 it's just that one thing, you still have to be vigilent, I trust them but it's like having a child, but I really couldn't be happier, if I had to move her somewhere I would look for a belmont village community.

really liked the levels in memory care but they need more staff

One of the reasons why my sister and I chose Belmont was the fact that the memory care was in levels, one being high functioning, 2, 3, and four being in the "neighborhood". When we were doign our tours they were telling us that there was always going to be a nurse on the floor and that was enticing, but we've had episodes of mom wandering and my question to them is why don't you have more personnel to catch them? We were under the impression that there were more people around that would prevent the wandering but we were told me may need to get another person in to care for her on top of it. It is a wonderful facility, they have wonderful programs I've been pleased with that, they keep them stimulated but they do chose to medicate a little bit more. I think it has a great concept but if I were in charge I would like to see more pals especially if they're going to promote the circle of friends.

Mom LOVED it.

Mom LOVED it.

Nice!

Nice!

Very bright and airy with a warm, inv...

Very bright and airy with a warm, inviting atmosphere. Lots of activity and good staff to resident ratio. Liked how "PALS" were inobstrusive but always around to gently guide those residents needing assistance. The Director was a wealth of information and extremely thorough in explaining and showing me everything at this facility.

Got the information. Looks good.

Got the information. Looks good.

The director was a great guide. Very ...

The director was a great guide. Very nice place, but felt like a nursing home. Did not love the room setup.