Sunrise of Park Ridge - Park Ridge, IL

We were once again impressed with the Sunrise philosophy of senior care, drawing the residents into the community as a family experience. The homey atmosphere is such a positive. [name removed], Care Coordinator, is so caring and so committed to engaging the residents and enhancing their lives. The level of care seems well suited to our needs and there would be no need to change doctors. Attractive and affordable. High on our list of places to take mom for a tour.

Looks wonderful - happy residents and engaged staff. Expensive but probably worth it.

Very comfortable atmosphere

My Mother-in-law is here and seems to be adapting well. She has her good days and bad days and they’ll call us if there are any issues. They do a very good job with resolving problems and giving her medications. They’ll let her know when meals are available or they’ll bring her meals to her room if she doesn’t feel like going to the dining room. They offer plenty of activities and make sure she’s up and moving around during the day, which is something she needed. The people are very cooperative and able to answer all of our questions in a timely manner. Overall, we’re very satisfied with the care she’s receiving here. I would definitely recommend this place.

This is more for assisted living or skilled nursing. Clean, friendly people.

Friedly and obliging

My husbands outstanding care

This is an outstanding community for the care for my husband. We have been more than happy with the care that he receives. The community is clean and we like the over all feeling of the community. The menu is appealing and he seems to be pleased with the menu. They offer him to participate in the activities with the other residents. The care and the value are wonderful and we would recommend this community to other families for everything that is provided.

A great place!!!!

I have not met anyone at Sunrise who has not truly amazed me with their kindness and willingness to greet and meet with me when I had doubts about the decision I made to bring my husband there. They always return my phone calls asap and reassure that all is well. I know that my husband is in a safe environment and well taken care of.

The Best Fit For Us

The experience for my wife and I has been very good. She likes living here. The food is what she likes the best. Our main reason to pick this community is because they are in a very convenient location and they had the best price for us.

A great tour!

I had a very good tour of Sunrise of Park Ridge. The lady that took me around was very helpful and friendly, she did everything to make us comfortable. When my mother is ready to move, I am sure Sunrise will be one of our top choices.

A Friendly Tour

I had a nice tour of this community. Everything went well, and the experience was a pleasant one. They have a nice, friendly staff. They were also informative. The community was nice, and clean overall. It was a good tour.

A very nice layout!

Everything is going well for my friend since she moved into Sunrise. What really sold me on the place was that it reminded me more of a hotel setting and I think it was a hotel at one point, but compared to other places, it was a more refined. It had a better layout and felt more homelike. I like the design the finishes and the fact that it was not just a square box. The interior design has been done nicely. I will say the staff at sunrise they are very good. They look you in the eye and had easy orientation when I toured.

The people are really nice and the residents seem to be taken care of really well. Bit it was really dated and just needs an update and new furniture. It was kinda dark too needs better lighting.

Sunrise is working out well!!

The food is good and they offer a variety of choices. They offer a large variety of activities. They have a small wing where my parents can receive more attention. The staff are very friendly and I would recommend this community.

A Little Expensive For Our Budget, But A Very Nice Community

I really liked this community, and my tour went very well. The community looked beautiful, everything was very neat and tidy. From what I saw they do a very good job with the cleanliness of the community. The staff was kind and friendly. Budget was an important factor in deciding where we would move to. This community was a little expensive for budget, but it is a very nice place.

so excited about this place....my mom may well be interested in moving here. we are looking at floor plans and i may go out again on wednesday.

Tender Loving Care!!

The dinning room and meals give you a restaurant experience . Not only is the food well presented but the taste is great. My mother's room is kept clean and well organized. I like that when ever there is a change happening involving my mother they call right away. She is kept safe and the staff is very attentive with her. My mother likes to participate in activities and some exercise classes. I could really keep going on about how great it is for her and how comfortable she is.

Good And Bad Experience

Our experience in the community was good and bad. The community looks decent, they could do a better job with the cleanliness. The care staff was good, my issues were with the management staff. She was here for a respite stay. For the most part I know she was safe and good hands. I recommend this community.

Great Experience

Our experiences at this community have been great, we are very pleased with everything they have done for us. The staff and the care they provide have been great.

A homey doll house for my parents

I just want to say Thank you to Jeannie and the staff for taking good care of my parents while my cousin and I were on vacation in the Philippines bec you all gave us peace of mind not having to worry about my dad wandering out in the street, whether they have eaten, taken their meds, shower, and enjoying themselves. The value is pretty expensive but it would probably cost the same if we hired a caregiver but the quality of care won't be the same. My only complaint is that my mom loss a lot of weight while she was there. She complained that she kept getting fed a loaf of bread with sweet syrup in it and she kept telling them that she wanted plain bread but she kept getting the same sweet syrup in her bread every breakfast and she wasn't happy about that.

Also, since my mom stayed there, her balance and walking declined. So now her pcp ordered a home Physical Therapy to improve her balance and walking. But otherwise, we really love this facility. Its very clean, homey, relaxing and there's something about the Reminiscence floor that made me teary eyed and touched me. This place reminds me of a doll house. I'm glad that my parents were able to experience a different environment for a change and were able to socialize with other people. Thank you Jeannie and Shelby, and to the care team who provided care to my parents, for all that you've done for making my parents feel like they're also on vacation. Keep up the great team work!

I have recommend this community!!

I have no complaints about the staff at Sunrise of Park Ridge. They are friendly and seem attentive to the residents. I have not tried the food yet but my mom thinks it is too bland for her. They have activities for the residents but I am not sure if she has participated in any. I also wanted to thank A Place for Mom for their help.

Wonderful place to live

My mom has only been a resident for around a month, but I feel that the Sunrise Has been a fantastic place for mom. The staff is very friendly and attentive to mom's needs. The residence is always clean. They have activities ever day, which is a huge plus in keeping mom socially engaged with the other residents. The neighborhoods are a great place for our family to gather when we go to visit. The care givers are top notch! I feel it's a great value for the care my mom has been receiving.

They are excellent.

They are excellent. It's clean and the staff is friendly. They have a lot of activities. I would recommend Sunrise if there is a problem with memory and dementia. A lot of places will take care of the routine and the bedpans, but they don't really help them live a reasonably happy life. I chose this Sunrise based on the location and this locations pricing as well.

they care about the people

Sunrise Of Park Ridge is wonderful. Had we found this facility sooner I think my dad would be alive today. The staff in general are great. They care about the people that live there. It is very family oriented. The place is always busy with things going on. The staff really try to feed their minds. I wish there were more of them. I know there are 100 of these facilities in the country but I wish there were more. I am very happy.

Understanding and accommodating staff

Our experience with Sunrise of Park Ridge has been a very good one. The staff here is understanding, accommodating, and very friendly. Everyone here has just been a big help to us throughout the whole process. It's a very nice place overall, I'd give them high marks across the board.

I loved this facility as soon as i walked into the lobby area. The ice cream parlor and dining areas were clean and welcoming. I liked that the residents were ambling around and engaged in activities like group exercise. Others were watching the large screen tv together.
The reminiscence neighborhood was very clean and welcoming. I could easily envision my dad enjoying the setting and atmosphere of this unit. I noted that there were staff members involved with the residents, doing group exercises and other activities.
The studio space was just right size and private. Having a kitchenette is a nice asset so that we can bring goodies and beverages can be chilled routinely.
The staff was very kind and attentive to the residents. I noticed many areas provided chairs and comfortable settings - including the baby care areas. Having pets on the floors also seemed endearing for many of the residents - my dad will love having a cat around. The special care manager program is exciting and I hope my dad will get the attention he needs, especially on days when I can't visit.
Having full time staff focused on care giving is very important to me so that my dad will become familiar with his care givers.
I witnessed many activities and spoke with the activity coordinators who seem to love what they do. I was very happy to know that there may be a room opening soon. Also, pleased with the RN and other medical staff availability to maintain his needs.
My sense was that my dad will be well cared for and and his special needs will be attended to as he is not able to communicate easily.

disappointed

They are very friendly and kind to my mom at Sunrise of Park Ridge. But she was there for two weeks and had a bladder infection. We knew she had it and told them and told them specific things that they needed to do for her specifically which they did not do. They said that mom was resistant, which I told them she would be and they needed to just get it done no matter what. Due to this mom ended up declining and going to the hospital after a very short period of time. It took me threatening them for them to do what they needed to do. We were really disappointed.

Sunrise Senior Living

Please know that we take all concerns seriously. We’d like to learn more about your experience. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com so that we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Helped my Mom out during a very hard time with her life. Very good care givers.

It's a very nice place.

It's a very nice place. We liked that it offered both assisted living, and memory care. They have been very good. The communication has been good, it's clean, and a very nice place. He likes the food there. It's nice that it's right near the hospital. They have activities, he seems to socialize there.

Good experience

Our experience with Sunrise of Park Ridge has been a good one overall! It is a nice looking place, the facility is well kept and clean, and they take good care of the people who live here.

It's been fantastic.

It's been fantastic. Shelby worked with me really quickly in an emergency situation with very little time. Everyone is trained pretty well over there. It's really clean. The food is fantastic, it's a restaurant style dining and she loves it. The nursing care could be a little more inclusive, they don't bathe, or cut nails or things, mostly just medications. I would recommend them to anyone. She has been out participating, and she is not a social butterfly. I don't have to worry at all. They don't accept medicaid, so down the line that might be an issue.

Everyone was helpful and concerned about my uncle. It made the decision so much easier to make.

I arranged for my mother's care long distance. Once she was moved I have been unable to get any reports about her even though I was promised reports on a regular basis when I made arrangements for her to move here. I have had difficulty reaching the contact person whose name I was given since my mother does not have a phone in her room. When I call I'm told my mother is in her room and they can't get a phone to her. When I leave messages for my contact there I do not get a return phone calls. I therefore cannot give a positive review because I am unable to reach anybody, including my mother, who can give me any information or help.

I was very impressed when I came to visit.

I was very impressed when I came to visit. It was beautiful and clean and the staff was friendly. They try very hard to engage people. They have movie nights and things to do. I don't think mom can get over the money part. She doesn't like that she still has to pay for some of her own stuff, but the community is very nice in my opinion.

In a word it's perfect. We love it there

We love it there, I have two loved ones there. In a word it's perfect. They love the food, and I plan my trips around the food too, it's very good. We couldn't be happier, I would recommend them to anybody. I would never have thought to look there, if it hadn't been for Dovid, with A Place for Mom.

Nice place, overall

Overall we've had a good experience with Sunrise of Park Ridge! It's a nice looking community, and every has been very friendly and welcoming! The staff have all been very accommodating when it comes to any requests or questions that we've had, as well. They have a lot of different activities and events going on, and the food is good!

They are the best.

I am very happy with them. They are the best. My grandmother is very happy with them. They were very flexible with our needs. My grandmother doesn't eat regular meals, and they don't charge her for them. Other places just said this is what it is, but they didn't charge her, and they still bring her ice cream.

Sunrise of Park Ridge, a Place for Mom or Dad

Sunrise, a nice welcoming community.
Touring Sunrise, we knew almost immediately that it would be 'the right fit' for our loved one. The director took his
time informing us about all details. The staff is very friendly
considered and attentive. If there is a health issue they will
let us know promptly. Our experience with Sunrise so far
is very satisfactory.

This is a great community!

I would give the food a 3.5, but my loved one seems satisfied with it - there's a decent variety of options on the menu. Also, their activities seem good. I've been to a few of the family oriented activities, and they've been fine.

They are excellent on their outreach to families, and there is great communication. I am regularly hearing from everyone. There were a few times I was concerned about some issues, but everything turned out to be handled correctly. Perhaps there may just be some communication issues between the staff.

I didn't compare Sunrise to any other companies, but over their two locations that I looked at, I chose Park Ridge. The space is larger, and there are more community spaces for the residents to go to. Even though it is bigger, they still have a personal feel, and seem to know their residents personally.

Great place to want to be.

Go out oftheir way to please Mother and our family. Turn around time is very minimal when we need an answer or request something. Very helpful. Good listeners and go out of therir way to please.

Very nice looking community

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for our loved one. Sunrise was a very nice looking community, and was one of the options we were seriously considering for our loved one. We ended up choosing another location that was a bit more focused on dementia care.

Pending

I toured four facilities and loved everything about this one, so chose it. I have encountered/worked with 4 staff members and each one was caring, friendly,efficient and accommodating. Unfortunately my uncle was hospitalized before we could move "him" in. We have moved his belongings in, again with tremendous cooperation from EVERYONE there. I would love to complete this review once he is in and we have actual experience with him living there, so please feel free to re-send it in about 6-8 wks...FYI...the low stars below ARE NOT a low rating, it is just honesty as I do not know the answers to those questions yet...

I liked how each room felt ...

I liked how each room felt like your own living room, porch for quiet reflection and several opportunities for views and connecting with nature. coming from a home in the country, this will be a hard transition in general, so the natural sunlight throughout is a definite plus.

It's almost like one big family, always out of the rooms

I wish it were a little less expesnive but things are going well. I like the way they rotate they're caregiver staff everyday so all of the staff gets to know everybody. They all know her and they all know me so when I walk in they all say hello to me or they make a comment like "she's having a good day" or "she had a bad day yesterday but today looks better". If you want to take a nap you take a nap in the common area unless you are feeling ill, you don't go to your room unless there's a good reason so you're a part of the community and that was a huge thing missing from her life. Here, she's with people all the time. They fold the napkins and stack the palcemats in the common area so if the residents offer to help they let them, it's a little bit of a challenging mind game for them in addition to all the other kinds of games and things they do 7 days a week, they're just as busy on Saturday and Sunday if not busier. There's a bistro area that's open 24 hours a day, they're always encouraging them to get a drink of water and they have a social hour everyday at 330 where they give them a snack.

Big Improvement

So far my experience with Sunrise has been good. From the moment we got there the staff was very helpful and very attentive. When my mom moved in she had a wound that needed to be addressed by a wound specialist and they have been fairly prompt, but now I think they are on vacation so it has been a couple of weeks since I've heard from them but I'm still pleased.

My mom is doing so much better here than at the other community she was at (The Grove in Evanston, DO NOT GO THERE) and I am pleased so far. I visit my mom on a regular basis and compared with where we were before this place is great.

This was the first place my mom inter...

This was the first place my mom interacted well with. Love the dog. I liked the amount of helpful staff present everywhere.

Cozy, warm atmosphere. Everyone seem...

Cozy, warm atmosphere. Everyone seemed so caring towards the residents. Its a nicely appointed/decorated facility but, not over the top; focus is on the residents and their needs not on the decor! Director took a lot of time making sure I got all the information possible about the facility and that I met as many people (residents and employees) as possible.

Not that impressed.