Waterford Terrace - La Mesa, CA

Great job!

Well done! Thanks especially to [name removed], my advisor. He was a great help. I’m very happy at Waterford Terrace...

My favorite

While looking into some options for my loved one I found that this location was expensive. They require a big down payment for the apartment. However, I liked this place the best out the other locations that I have seen. It’s very clean, I liked the lay out, there’s a lot to do, it looks new, it’s in good condition, and I thought the rooms were really nice. I was looking at a standard studio and its good sized, it has a kitchenette, has a little stop top burner, refrigerator, cabinet, pantry, and it’s like a little apartment.

The other residents weren't very friendly and welcoming

My mother-in-law was here and it was nice. We had a room for her at the top and there was a beautiful garden. However, the kitchen was not full and was only a sink and a microwave. The problem we had was that she’d go down for meals and they wouldn’t let her sit in certain spots. It wasn’t very welcoming or friendly and eventually she stopped going downstairs for her meals. The facility really was nice, though, and it was kept clean. If you need someone to help you sort your pills out once a week, it does cost extra money, but it’s available.

Excellent

This community looked very nice when we took our tour. The person that took us on tour was friendly. They have good food and lots of choices. They allow pets and seem to offer some daily activities. They were a little higher priced than what we were looking for.

A Very Huge Community

I saw a lot of good things as we walked through the community for our tour. The residents were very friendly when meeting them. We like the food was the best after eating a meal in the dining room. My mom didn't like the room we were shown, too small. Overall, my mom thought it was too big and said she would get lost in the community.

Very welcoming -- staff and residents. Facility built against a steep hillside with multiple levels -- and interesting and inviting arrangement. Community areas well decorated and spacious. Rooms are airy and light.

Gorgeous community

This community is absolutely beautiful. It's a very nice option. We did not choose it because they didn't offer the assistance my mother needs.

A dream come true!!

My mother loves it at the Waterford Terrace! Since the day she got there, they call her by her first name. They have more activities than she can handle which are great and the food is wonderful. She is always telling me that it is a dream come true!

Lovely Community!!

I would defiantly recommend this community to anyone looking for a clean and well maintained assisted living for there loved one. I had taken a tour for my grandmother and thought this facility was just lovely. All of the staff was so welcoming and patient with us. It was just too far of a drive for the family and I to get to my grandmother.

Intimate facility where staff seems to know everyone by name. Apartments have kitchens, some with washer/dryer. Outside parking. Variety of activities offered. Food OK.

A Nice Community

My tour of this facility went very well. It is a very nice community, from what I saw everything is well maintained. The staff was nice and informative during the tour. The food is great, they offered us a meal. My mother just wanted a community with more activities offered. Overall it was a pleasant tour.

Very nice place!

A Perfect place for my mom and me since its close to my office. Really nice 1 bedroom unit with a balcony and beautiful dinning room and grounds. Lots of friendly employees and the residents seem happy and well cared for. A little pricey but it's worth it. Liked the fact that they allow pets and are month to month leasing without a huge buy-in.

Watrford Terrace is great

Waterford Terrace is great. Mom has only been there two weeks, but likes it. The Staff and Mgt. are excellent.
It is a retirement or independent living place. Like an Apartment building for old people with food and activities.
No doctors or nurses. Most of the residents are fairly independent and agile....happy folks.

I doubt we could have found a better place to reside.

The complex is attractive inside and out. The people are friendly, the management aims to please, and the food is excellent.

well cared for and maintained

The grounds at Waterford Terrace are well cared for and maintained quite nice. The management and staff are all very nice people. The price could be more reasonable but you get what you pay for, although I do think they could offer a little more. They offer nice activities but mom doesn't participate. They could do better on house cleaning. The staff need to be more thorough, they do very little dusting. They have now implemented a room service fee come September 1st and I think the price seems outrageous. Overall I am pleased but I do think they could do a little better especially for the prices.

Sunshine

Thanks for your review and taking the time to provide feedback. Since our community is all-inclusive, the price may be higher than other places, but everything is included in your rent. Our residents enjoy 3 chef-prepared meals daily, wellness and fitness program, transportation, on-call maintenance, weekly housekeeping and more! We hope you will come back again, enjoy lunch and experience firsthand the many amenities our community has to offer.

It's been great.

It has been great. The Waterford Terrace is excellent. My father is very happy here. Everyone has a positive attitude. This facility runs very smoothly. The food is excellent. I would highly recommend this assisted living community. This has been a great experience.

Sunshine

We cannot thank you enough for your kind words and taking the time to review our community. It's great to hear you and your father are happy with Waterford Terrace, and, if ever there is anything we can do to make your fathers experience even better, let us know!

Loved the architecture and the views. Good dining experience.

Sunshine

Thanks! We love to hear feedback from our visitors and appreciate you taking the time to share yours.

They love it there. The food is reall...

They love it there. The food is really good too. The people are really friendly. They were not really happy about making the move, and once they got here they love it.

Sunshine

We are glad to hear your loved ones are happy at Waterford Terrace. Let us know if there is anything we can do to make your experience even better!

I found this community set ...

I found this community set up with a plan to meet all planable needs of growing people.This facility is large, very charming and beautiful. I like the mix of senior living, assisted living and memory care that is also open to keeping married couples together through the challenges of each growing sick/old at their own pace and still together. This was my favorite between the two due to my parents perceived needs.

Sunshine

Thanks for sharing your experience and allowing us the opportunity to show you around our community. We know there are many options in choosing a retirement community for your parents, and are honored you selected us you "favorite".

Sunshine

It was very nice, and I liked everything, but it was very big and spread out,

It was very nice, and I liked everything, but it was very big and spread out, and I thought it would have been a long walk for her to get around. They also seemed to be a little younger mix of people, and they seemed to have a lot of things going on. Every room was a different price, they were all a different shape and square footage.

Sunshine

While Waterford Terrace Community is a fairly large community, it has an intimate feeling once you are inside. Our communal areas, including Dining Room, TV Room, Activity Room and Hair Salon, are all centrally located, and can be accessed by both elevator and stairs. Also, we have live-in Managers available 24/7 should any need arise. Residents definitely vary in age, and interests, and this diversity is beneficial for our new residents. Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know. We are hear to help!

Facilities dated, did not feel right ...

Facilities dated, did not feel right for our purposes, but may be good for others.

We believe that Waterford Terrace is so much more than walls and windows - it's a place to enjoy home-cooked meals, game night, or a quiet evening with family and friends. It's where you always feel comfortable, safe, and secure.

At Waterford Terrace, our management teams live on-site, and are available 24 hours a day. Our food is truly made from scratch, and served right to your table along with a smile from our friendly staff.

Enjoy the convenience of our comfortable bus for scheduled appointments, shopping trips and other errands. We also regularly plan special excursions to cultural events, day trips, museums, and other places of interest. If you'd rather stay home, the choice is yours. It's easy to be as private or as social as you wish, Waterford Terrace features beautiful common areas and there's always a variety of planned activities and a chance to socialize with friends and neighbors every day.