Grossmont Gardens - La Mesa, CA

I really liked this property. Both the studio and one bedroom units were very spacious. I especially liked the wheelchair-accessible shower stall in both units. [Name removed] was a very gracious tour guide and I was impressed with the friendliness of the other staff. Although the property was a little older, it was very well maintained.

Not what is advertised!
In order to receive agreed care this relationship has become adversarial at best. Caregivers in west building are friendly but for the most part untrained in senior care procedures. Understaffing is also a problem. The Director of the facility is not care oriented. Should have gone with my gut in the beginning,

The only downside is that the facility is so large. I feel like it loses some of it's at home feel. However, the accommodations feel very much like a home environment. The residents looked very happy.

Grossmont Gardens

I toured here while looking for a place for my loved one. Overall, I liked the community, but I thought it might be a little too big and confusing for her. Overall, I just did not feel that it was quite the right fit for my loved one, so we continued our search.

Tiny rooms and too much distance between places

My mother-in-law was here and a friend of mine is here now too and it hasn’t been great. The rooms are very tiny, everything is too sprawled out, and the activities and dining area are quite a bit away from each other. My friend says that her husband can’t get downstairs to eat so they’ll bring him his food but by the time they get there, the food is cold. The staff is nice and friendly and the facility is kept clean but it just isn’t great.

I was more than impressed with the people who are working with me at Grossmont Gardens. I was asked excellent questions and the people were VERY knowledgeable.
I have decided to place my mother in their facility and I couldn't be happier.

We were extremely impressed with the time [Removed] spent figuring out my mom's situation and a placement that would give her as much independence as possible while still providing the care she needs. The residents at Grossmont Gardens seemed quite happy. This will most likely be my mom's new home.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your kind words! We cannot wait to welcome your mom!

Nice Establishment

Grossmont Gardens is a nice older establishment. It was clean and well-kept. The staff was friendly and gave a nice tour of the facility. We chose another community that was a better fit for our loved one's needs.

Nice Location!!

I have no complaints of how things had went during my tour of this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. I liked the open floor plan and the variety of menu options as well as activities they had for the resident. The location was easy to access and had nice surroundings. It was just no the right fit for my mother in the end decision.

Staff are very good!!

My loved one was at this community for a short period of time and we where very pleased with how things had went for her. The staff where kind and I was comfortable with the quality of care she received. She had no complaints about the meals and enjoyed participating in some of the activities with the other residents. The facility was kept clean every time I visited which I was impressed with. Overall we where happy and would recommend it to anyone.

Pleasant respite

My husband and I stayed for respite during the month of July 2017. Staff were warm and attentive, meals tasty , and facilities comfortable. We would return for future stays and highly recommend Grossmont Gardens

Helpful Staff!!

I have no complaints of how things went for my loved one and I during out tour of this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. I like the open floor layout and all of the great amenities available to all of the residents. It was just not the right location in the end decision but I would recommend it to anyone.

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you had a positive experience with us.

First thing I noticed was how clean and serene the environment was as well as the positive demeanor of the Residents. One of the Residents actually told the Director, who was giving me the tour, "OH my daughter just left. She knows I'm happy, so there's no need for her to stay." Guess that speaks for itself.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind words! We work very hard to create the best environment possible for our residents!

I would not recommend this community

This community seemed dark and dreary when we visited. They did seem to try and keep it clean. The food was not good. There was food spilt on the salad bar and and no one cleaned it off when we were there. They have smaller kitchen areas in the apartments. This does have individual apartments where the front door opens up to the outside. This community was a higher cost than other communities in the area.

Megan Strothman

We are sorry you to hear you feel this way. Our mission is dedicated to enriching the lives of the individuals who live and work with us, and we take this mission very seriously. We encourage you to call our Ethics Hotline at [removed] to discuss your concerns.

Everything is going wonderfully!

Everything is going wonderfully at Grossmont Gardens! The staff are very attentive and the facility is kept very well maintained; I'd like to move in there! My mother also enjoys the activities that the facility has to offer. I am pleased with her stay!

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your positive review! We are so glad to hear that your experiences have been pleasant. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we want to let you know that we love having your mom here.

In Comparison, The Room Was Not The Best

While touring we got to have lunch. We had the best food, it tasted wonderful. We didn't get to talk with the residents when touring. In comparison for the size of the room, it was not going to benefit her.

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you had a positive experience with us.

Not enough care from staff...

Everything went fairly okay at Grossmont Gardens. I do feel like I put my loved one in the wrong place due to the level of care that he requires, as the staff were not quite able to provide adequate care for him.

Wonderful Nursing Staff!!

My dad has recently moved into this community and so far we are pleased with how things are going for him. The staff have been wonderful to him especially all of the nursing crew. They have helped him make the transition and make sure he is comfortable in his new living environment. He has had no complaints about the food but wishes they have more activities for him to enjoy throughout the week.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad to hear your dad is loving his new home! We will pass along your comments to our local management team. Thanks again!

Comfortable with quality of care!!

I am very comfortable with the quality of care that my wife had received while she was in there care at this facility. The staff where attentive to her needs and made sure to make her as comfortable as she could be. I would defiantly recommend this place to anyone interested

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind review! There is no greater honor than to be trusted with a very special member of your family.

Gorgeous scenery!

The grounds here are absolutely beautiful.Everything is currently in bloom. They offer a fenced in pool and several fruit trees.My mother's room is nicely sized and she has her own patio on the first floor. Grossmont was the first community we looked at and it seemed to be the one that offered the most of what we were looking for.

A tour for care

I toured this community and really liked the staff who were nice and friendly. The community I found to be clean and well maintained. The did have a nice variety of health meals. The list of activities was helpful to the residents. I would recommend that families tour the community for the care of a loved one.

Great Choice for concerned Loved ones

I am very pleased to say that our choice of Grossmont Gardens for the care of my brother has been confirmed;-)
I have been impressed with all categories provided by GG.
Employees are friendly and very caring. In a time where my brothers best interests were at stake, we made a great choice. I do need to get him more involved in activities but over all he is very happy.

Did not work out...

My loved one's son toured this community and really liked it. They were all set to be her in but when they assessed her, they said they could not take her.

Not a good impression

I toured this community when looking for a friend. The lady who was supposed to give me a tour wasn't there. I waited then finally someone else showed me this room and I didn't even know where the exit was. There was no parking. The best way to describe it is I spent a lot of time in the Philippines and it was like being there again. They were cooking in the dark with no lights and the overall atmosphere was not appealing.

Megan Strothman

We are so sorry to hear this. Our top priority is the well being of our residents. Our mission is dedicated to enriching the lives of the individuals who live and work with us. With that said, we do have new management in place and we are more confident than ever that we will continue to enrich the lives of others. Again, I am sorry to hear this has been a difficult experience for you.

We liked this place--it is very pretty, lovely grounds. The main reason we didn't choose it was that the assisted living people are separate from the others, in a building away from the main one, and there are not as many folks to interact with, without a trek.

Needs Improvement!

The Grossmont Gardens was nice but needed some updating. The staff and residents were all very friendly and the tour guide took us around the building.

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad you had a positive experience with us.

I am very happy with my new home!!

I recently have made the move into this community and I have really been enjoying myself since the transition. They have have a great activity program that offers plenty of different games and events to keep me busy throughout the week. I also have have no complaints about the food it is absolutely delicious.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your positive review! We are so glad to hear that your experiences have been pleasant. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we want to let you know that we love having you here!

Not impressed!!

My mother was only at this community for a short period of time but I was not impressed at all with the care they provided my mother. They did nothing to help her improve her dementia and she was just left wandering the halls of the building throughout her days. When we moved Mom there, we were asked if she was an "exit-seeker," and said "No." But how do you know until it happens? One day she simply walked out the front door with no staff in sight to help her out; luckily she didn't fall and walked up a hill to the main office, where I was contacted and told she needed to be moved immediately to a secure memory-care facility, as if it was our fault she had strayed. Overall I was not impressed and would not recommend this place to anyone with memory loss.

Would never recommend this place!!

I had a tour of this community for my grandmother and was not very impressed at all. Everything looked like an old broke down apartment building that had been abandon. All of the studios where so tiny and also had many cracks inside and out of the apartment floor. It would not be safe for anyone who was hard at walking or needed further assistance to get around. I also did not care for how separated everything was . You had to go outside into a different building just to get the dinning room as well as other areas. I would just never want her living in a place like this.

Nice Tour, Everything went Well

I toured this community for my parents and their needs. It was a nice tour, and everything went well. They treated my parents and I very well. The staff was friendly and nice. The community looked nice. It was a good experience.

Didn't Work Out, But Overall A Nice Community

My parents moved out of this community. Unfortunately it wasn't good fit for them and their needs. The community is nice, and everyone was kind and friendly. They really tired their best to care for them. It was a good experience, and this would be a nice community for the right person.

Generous Staff!!

The staff was excellent and very kind during our tour, they gave us a lot of useful information of the community. It was our first choice until I found out that they had no transportation for residents in wheelchairs. My loved one would not be able to participate in any field trips, and would not be provided a ride to any doctor appointments.

Disappointments & Frustrations

When we first moved our parent into GG, we had high hopes for a pleasant experience. From the beginning, though, there were disappointments & frustrations. That was over 2 years ago. The buildings are old and in need of maintenance/repair ie chips/cracks in the walkways that could cause trips or falls, stinky elevators, cheap blinds in the rooms, drawers that are low and hard to pull out, making it hard for the unstable on their feet, dirty carpets in residents' rooms, etc. There wasn't an orientation for new residents to give them a good start in their new community (ie how laundry service works, when housekeeping will pay them a visit, how to ring for the nurse, how to operate the heater and AC, description of activities and encouragement to participate, how much guests' meals cost, etc.) A buddy system would have been really helpful the first week. Then the unreturned calls when we needed various information. The nursing staff was especially friendly & helpful though. Others in the community often answered questions vaguely. When the elderly are feeling insecure & overwhelmed about losing their independence & their children are hoping mom or dad is comfortable, content & secure, clear, concise communication & direction provides much-needed support to the family, which we really needed. That was lacking at GG and at times, we felt very much alone. And we still do, so we wouldn't recommend GG to others. Look elsewhere to find a place that runs efficiently, smoothly by a cohesive team that is organized, helpful and friendly.

Great Well Maintained Community

My mother is doing very well here at this facility. It is a very well-kept community, my mother is pleased with the cleanliness. The staff have been very helpful and kind. There are many activities for her to participate in, she has tired a few. The food is okay, it isn't best, but it is a well balanced meal. The servers are pleasant and really try their best. I know she is safe and being cared for well. I would recommend this facility.

Great Activities Like Yoga and Shopping Trips

I'am very happy knowing my mother is pleased with this community. They have been very welcoming and helpful, the staff is great. The community is well-kept, they do a good job of keeping everything nice and clean. She is trying many activities they offer like shopping trips, and yoga classes. The food is good, but she would like more of a selection to choose from. They are caring for her very well and I would recommend it.

A Disappointed Veteran

I feel this community was misleading. I have an odd illness and when the manufacturers stopped providing the medication there was no other alternative. I have a diet of no gluten, dairy, and eggs and there was no alternative food. I didn't like the staff's attire, they wore black clothing. The dinning room was not always open and I noticed there were not many close restrooms. Overall I feel I was mislead in the beginning.

The food is excellent I would give it a 5!!

I would recommend this community as it is one of the few communities in the area that offer convalescent care and injectables. They offer activities however my friend does not yet participate in them. The building is clean and well taken care of. The only thing I have a small concern about is the staff does not seem to respond to residents calls in a timely manner.

Very Wonderful Experience

My husbands stay with this community was really amazing. Everyone here is very nice and friendly. It has truly been a wonderful experience for us. They keep everything very nice and very clean. The staff was outstanding, they really cared for him very well. They do offer nice activities for the residents. He really enjoyed the meals, the food was great. We really loved this community. I would recommend it to anybody.

Basically going well. She is treated good and staff is nice.

My loved one has been here in assisted living for 3 weeks. So far her care has been good. The staff all seem to know her from as soon as she moved in. She says they treat her well and everyone is very nice. My only critique is that we(three of us who take care of her) were not told about basic procedures regarding nurse procedures and doctor visits, because we have been seeing a few doctors these past weeks. Also, no one came to welcome her as a new resident. I would have thought someone would have been there to make her feel more at ease.

Great place overall

Stellar staff, great residents and nice, older well-kept units. We toured multiple communities, and Grossmont Gardens definitely had the friendliest feel. The only reason I gave 4.5 is the absence of organized cardio, e.g., morning group walks, and/or fitness center with cardio equipment. They do have chair exercise classes though.

Review of Grossmont Gardens - La Mesa, CA

We liked the open feeling of this facility. The grounds were beautifully maintained and the idea of opening your door from your room to see the outside is very appealing. The rooms were decent size. The staff was very friendly. Other occupants were willing to talk to us.

HAPPY IN HER NEW HOME

My Mother has been at Grossmont Gardens for a week now and she is so happy. She loves the studio apartment she has that looks over two courtyards and she can listen to the birds all day. She is starting to make friends and go the to the planned activities and she says the food is good. So far, so good!

Overall facility and staff were wonderful. Karla, Laurie, Lisa in admin were particularly helpful in selecting a place for my parents. The room itself was large, cheerful and well kept and we were allowed to bring Mother's furniture. The nurses on the Vintage Club floor (sorry, I only remember Minerva's name and Diana ??-my bad) were caring and skillful and most of the CNA's were prompt when called and very gentle with Mother. The ONLY problem I noted and reported to the nurses in charge was one CNA that I found asleep TWICE the same night, even with a patient calling for help down the hall. My mother (Dad unfortunately passed before the transfer) had private help in addition to the facility's staff. Other patients may not have that option. I would have hated it if this person were responsible for my mother's care since she was not capable of calling for assistance on her own and he would not have heard her calling if she could over his snores. Mother passed after a few days but Grossmont Gardens was of enormous help in make her last few days comfortable for her and comforting for me. Thank you.

They're The Best

They came out on top when I was researching them. When we came out to see the facility for the first time, they had the best services to offer. We looked around and based on everything we could find, Grossmont was the best.

Our walk through was very nice I'd like to move there, but my daughter says it's over budget - you know - champagne taste and beer money. I'm very disappointed I can't just reserve a room and move in,

I liked it. The staff seems very attentive and it appears many have been there for some time. I only had a few concerns - the facilities were not the most modern (not such a big thing as it's quality of care that is the big thing). I did have a serious concern about the apartments and some of the interior common space. The colors were not very bright and cherry. I would think that there would be less earth tones and more bright tones. I like lots of light and bright colors because it's up-lifting and provides a sense of well-being and I think more positive energy. The dark walls and carpets in the apartments were just a major downer. I know we can do our own interior upgrades to fix that. It would cost a few thousand dollars to paint and carpet the apartment with uplifting colors and just decorate with a positive feel. I know if I was to show mom the apartment as it is today she would be sad and say "you're going to put you mom and dad here". I need happy and excited to move Mom and Dad from their big place to what would be a very small space. But like I said we can fix this. My sister inlaw knows mom's taste and can fix it right. Another concern that will bug both mom and dad is the the mini refrigerator which is way to small. My folks like a variety of beverages and cheese treats and mom likes lots of ice in her water or juices. I noticed that the patio had wall electric outlets so I guess we could put a small additional refrigerator on the patio and that would solve the problem. On the very plus side I sensed a very caring facility that wanted to do good for the residences. I did not see any grumpy faces with the staff or the residence. Happy faces speaks volumes. The facility is only 12-15 minutes from my home which is a super big plus as I know if I move my folks down here they are going to want me to bounce over and visit all the time to fix their TV remote control or their iPad, computer, Kindle and the other technology stuff that they so often mess up. And the dog thing.... which is a REALLY BIG thing. This was just near perfect. We would just have to install a dog door insert in the sliding glass door (no big deal and only about a $150 expense) and just have a handyman build a little white picket fence around the outdoor patio and a ground poop waste disposal septic bucket.
An additional FYI - I looked at several facilities down in San diego 2 years ago when I was trying to get ahead of the curve and get them to move down here - the one ting I noticed back then at Grossmont Gardens was the residence were happy and smiles and I noticed on this visit too.

very pleased

We were been very pleased with the initial walk-through that we did and now with their welcoming acceptance of my mother into their place. We have been very pleased with the administration and the attention my mother has received.

Quality of Food

The biggest concern is the food and quality of the meals. It's better than most places but could improve.

Wonderful experience, perfect place for my mother

It has so far been wonderful experience with the Grossmont Gardens, I feel it was the perfect place, for my mother. Its clean, the staff is friendly, care services are great, the value and amount of activities offered are great. Overall I would say its a great experience.

Expectation unmet.

I was very impressed with the campus, gardens and facilities. Mom was entered at a level 3 out of 4 care and I was given a list of care that would come with the plan, however, after visiting my mother nightly, I have not had my expectations met. In particular, they missed 1 our of two showers promised and are not changing/checking her diaper 3 x a day. When I addressed the nurse, staff and director, I was told "mother" did not deem these needs necessary at the time. Guess What, she is in early dementia and is going to say, "I don't need my diaper changed". The care givers should disregard and simply tell her that "this is what we are doing". The escorts to dinning have ceased and I just hope her monthly cost will come down in light of this.

not impressed

Housekeeping in rooms is awful,mom's sheets would often be dirty.When left home made dinner to be heated up for evening meal never done.Meals they serve is never hot and they ignore request for anything and do as they please.For the cost of her care it's very poor.If she wasn't over 100 I would move her out.

Very happy and pleased

We are very happy and pleased with the Grossmont Gardens. My loved one is doing well. Everything has been good. The Grossmont Gardens is a nice community. I would recommend it if you are in the La Mesa Area.

Information gathering at its worst

Just spoke to the person in charge of admissions and oh boy was she rude. She cut me off while I was speaking and basically told me "good luck my friend" finding care. If you call be prepared to encounter [removed], not a good experience! Would NEVER bring my dad there if this is how they treat the families.

Everything is going fine so far.

Everything is going fine so far. There is room for improvement. So far it's working out okay though.

Huge campus! Kind of complicated to walk around for those with memory issues, but the staff ratio was high. The 1960's motel style layout is different from newer facilities - retro in a pleasant manner, a sort of oasis. It is all well-maintained and regularly refurbished. Probably 2nd or 3rd favorite out of 13 in our visit.

Dissapointed and Frustrated

From the initial meeting, staff was friendly and courteous. .
They assured me my parents every need would be taken care of. I must warn prospective clients, once the check was signed the promises were not fulfilled. The nursing staff did not know the needs of my parents at all. I was assured from administration that top care would be provided, this is not the case at all. We get calls every day asking if we are signed up for this service or that service. There is no communication between staff and/or administration. It would seem to me that when a new couple moves in there would be a fact sheet of needs and services that are paid for by the tenants. No one here seems to know this or really care about their needs. 3 weeks after move in none of their laundry has been done. Upon move in none of the staff understood or seemed to know they had dementia. There are too many disappointments to be listed here. I actually care that my parents get the best care possible, I was lead to believe they would get it at Grossmont Gardens, unfortunately this is not the case.
I cannot recommend this facility. Although they may have good intentions they have yet to follow through with the level of care and attention that was promised to me and my family. In addition my concerns and inquiries into why this is happening go without a response. RED FLAG.

Really impressed!

I am very appreciative to the staff and caregivers at Grossmont Gardens..as rated above my overall impression of this senior caregiving location is five star..we had the experience of the assisted-living now utilizing the skilled nursing facility..everyone has been proactive and friendly and the atmosphere really feels like my dad is being well taken care of..thank you very much!

Review of Grossmont Gardens Assisted Living in La Mesa, CA

This facility felt more like a nursing home. Has need for upgrading. Small air conditioner in one room of a 2/2 unit. A nice feature is the dining room being open and accessible any time from 7 am to 7 pm.

We liked it when we toured.

This is one of the places we toured when we were looking. This was in a perfect location for us, and we liked it. The problem and the main reason this didn't work out for us, is that the average age of the residents here was a little older than my parents would have liked.

The food was excellent, the best we ever had.

It's a very clean community. The staff is very friendly when you are trying to get in, but not as friendly when you are leaving. I didn't really get to experience the responsiveness, but I never heard any complaints. The food was excellent, the best we ever had, and they had lots of activities.

I liked the level of care p...

I liked the level of care provided as well as the fact that there is a kitchen. The property was older and less attractive, but gives mom the opportunity to have her own space both inside and out.

Concerns

It’s the cost… they charge per the day, not by the month. So if there are 31 days, you’re charged for 31 days. They don’t provide a service where they take care of the spouse with dementia. They can’t sit with them for more than three minutes. It’s good for people with dementia or Alzheimer’s Disease. If they have a personality that lets them act out, they’ll be removed from the dining room.

There are very pleasant grounds. They check in every two hours.

Pleased with the service!

We've been very happy with the care and services provided at Grossmont Gardens! Our loved one was a little frustrated with the transition into such a different style of living, but now that she is settled in she is really enjoying herself! The staff have all been very friendly, provide good care to their residents, and they're very communicative with families.

Jetta 619-994-5647 to make ...

Jetta [removed] to make appt.(text). Pay extra fro phone internet and cable. Have transportation to shopping and appointments. Studio $3300 and $3780 includes some assiated care and medication control. Includes laundry, housekeeping, linens provided. Have coffee shop, library, dining room, activity ctr. At 10:00 Am have coffeee clutch at 10:00 AM to discuss current events. At 2:30 have A tea or coffee. Nurse there 24 hr. The studios that have help available at 330 sq ft. If no help getting dressed then go to garden appts that are 440 sq ft. Both have small refrig and microwave.

great

every thing one would expect from a quality senior living facility.

Looked very nice

I toured this location when I was looking into care options for my loved one. This was a very nice looking community, and I was impressed by the tour. The person who showed me around was very friendly, and the food they served for lunch was good. However, this was a much more "comprehensive" style community, and would have provided a lot of care that my loved one didn't really need at this point, and the price reflected this, it was much more expensive.

A Comfortable and Safe New Home

Grossmont Gardens has created a comfortable and safe network of care for its residents. The independent living apartments are upgraded and sparkling clean upon move-in. The staff are cheerful, caring and always ready serve. They provide an extensive "menu" of extra services from bathing help to medication delivery that keep their residents feeling secure. We are thankful for their faithful care of our dear friend.

Very nice place, not quite the care level we needed

This was a very nice place. The staff are very friendly, and the facility and living areas are attractive and clean looking. For those with more self-sufficient loved ones I'd rate this place a 5, however my Uncle was needing a bit more care. They do provide care here, but in general it seems to cater to a crowd with a lower level of care than what my Uncle needed.

Keep Looking...

We placed my aunt in the Vintage Club at Grossmont Gardens but it was very quickly recommended that she be placed in the Health Center which is more expensive even though she now shares a room with two other women and a bathroom with five other women. The staff is not friendly regardless of the level of care. I will be moving my aunt as soon as possible which is another transition that she should not have to endure! I suggest you keep looking until you find a place that actually cares about your loved one. I wouldn't want any other family to go through what we are experiencing.

Good Place

They're making some changes. They're changing how they distribute medication which could cost a little more. They're also changing how people pay but that wont affect us until next year. The care services are great. The activities seem to be great. My mother has Alzheimer's so she doesn't participate but the people who do participate seem to be happy with them. I wasn't thrilled with when we were moving in. Someone was supposed to be helping us. I would email her and call her and I never got a response. Finally we worked around her and found somebody else. She's still working there as far as I know.

Wonderful

They're wonderful! All the people that I came into contact with and everyone that helped me set up the move were all wonderful. They were the nicest people in the world.

Didn't Seem Good To Me

Pretty much very quickly I could see their marketing and sales people and felt that it did not look like a good place. When they gave us a tour I noticed that all of the people that work there were sitting down and then snapped to attention when we came by. One was even laying down and when we came by jumped up really quick and started wiping something down to look like she was working. Their menu was different food each day and I saw Friday said "Chef's Surprise" so that seemed kind of unprepared. The rooms seemed moist and almost mildewy - very dreary.

It was nice but it wasn't as pretty a...

It was nice but it wasn't as pretty as the community we ended up choosing. The rooms weren't as nice either and they just didn't offer as much for the price.

Good Community

Grossmont Gardens is a very good community. It is clean and well maintained. We chose this community because of Natalie from A Place for Mom she put us in tune with it. When we toured it we liked the community but ended up backing out of selecting one. A couple of months later our loved decided they wanted to move into Grossmont Gardens.

Toured Monday. Explored Vintage, Assi...

Toured Monday. Explored Vintage, Assisted and not sure of best placement. Discussed the healthcare wing and flex between units

Very nice facility and services, exce...

Very nice facility and services, except the 2-bedroom suites are only available for independent living, not for residents who need assisted living. The fixed assisted living fee is nice and makes it affordable for my parents. I only wish it had 2-bedroom assisted loving suites that had 2 bathrooms.

Mom was ready to make a choice but wh...

Mom was ready to make a choice but when we got home there was a message from director they would not make an exception for her dog due to the breed. Which in my educated opinion, is stupid

Assisted living only. If she wonders ...

Assisted living only. If she wonders she has to move. Invisable alarms not locks. Swimming pool. Studio $3425 w/3 meals, basic utilities, frig. Respite not allowed for trial living purposes. La Mesa & El Dorado, elsewhere $35 round trip + (?)$ mileage. sheets ea wk, deep clean every other wk. We pay phone/cable. Doors lock w/key. Skilled nursing. Back portches.

Also a very nice place. Lovely apt a...

Also a very nice place. Lovely apt available.

Very nice facility, but unsuitable fo...

Very nice facility, but unsuitable for us. The buildings are spread out, and you have to walk outside to get to some activities and meals. The West Bldg. does have a small dining room, and some activities, but it is not what we are looking for.

We all like the gardens, price was ri...

We all like the gardens, price was right, but I did not like that they did not do their laundry or their sheets at all. Also I don't feel safe in that area.

Met with the director on 3/1/12. Giv...

Met with the director on 3/1/12. Given tour. Very nice accommodations. Friendly staff. Very reasonably priced for services needed.

Grossmont Gardens offers a retirement lifestyle on a nine-acre garden community that will inspire you to enjoy the various daily activities. You will also feel assured knowing that there is qualified, professional staff on campus to provide multilevel health care services.

You can enjoy an active independent lifestyle because your monthly rental fee includes such services and amenities as meals in the dining room, utilities, housekeeping and linen services, transportation, 24-hour emergency call system and much more. Grossmont Gardens provides a comfortable, secure living community and the experience of more than 30 years of service.

Assisted Living, which provides an alternative to convalescent care, is also available to Grossmont Gardens. Residents can enjoy the benefits of residential living while receiving a helping hand with day-to-day tasks.

Grossmont Gardens also offers 24-hour professional nursing care in the Health Center, for both short-term and long-term needs. As part of the comprehe