Paradise Village - National City, CA

It's utopia here!

My husband and I live here currently and it’s fantastic. We really couldn’t be in a better place. Everyone is so friendly (even the janitors say hello to you) and the salt water pool and all of the facilities are fantastic. We have a beautiful theater and all kinds of entertainment and clubs - you could be going all day. The food is great and it’s an open menu. They have select things that they offer as specials every day but if you don’t like those options than you can choose something else. Everything is included, that’s the best part for us, and you don’t pay for the second person. The staff is wonderful. I’ve been praying for a long time for the right place and I just can’t believe that I haven’t found a negative thing about it yet. They even let us have our dog, which is the most important part for us. And there’s a dog park! We have a washer and dryer, TV, telephone, gas, electric, transportation, and it’s just all included in the one monthly fee. Someone can help you sort out your pills and it’s not an extra price. We really like that it’s a family run place. It’s not a corporation like the other facilities around. The owner even has an apartment on the top floor for when he comes to visit. There’s a second facility right next door and all together they offer all different types of care for whatever transition in life you’re in. I would absolutely recommend them.

Paradise Village

My mother lives in Paradise Village, and I really like that the community is so friendly and welcoming. It’s just great! The staff is friendly and accommodating, the community is clean, and they have lots of activities like church, Bingo, Crafts, outings; they even have a library and a salt water pool, which I’m a little jealous of. I was also surprised by how good the food is. Paradise Village really is a great community, and I would recommend it to others.

Safe Environment!!

I have no complaints of how things are going for my loved one since she made the move into this community. I have to say my favorite thing about this place is the people and how amazing they have been to my mother. She is happy with her new living environment and feels safe which is most important to me. The meals are excellent as well as the activity program they have for the residents throughout the day. I would defiantly recommend it to anyone interested.

Helpful Staff!!

I have no complaints of how things had went during my tour of this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. I liked the open floor plan and the variety of menu options as well as activities they had for the resident. The location was easy to access and had nice surroundings. It was just no the right fit for my mother in the end decision.

They really care about their residents

I can't say enough about how wonderful they have been to my mother. My mom took a fall and broke her hip and they have even come to visit her while she has been in rehab. This is such a friendly and healthy environment for my mother. All of the staff are caring and encourage her to take part in the different activities, they bring her to the main floor to be with the other residents. I know my mom is comfortable and safe in the memory unit and I would definitely recommend them, in fact, I wouldn't mind coming here when it's my turn for care.

Our tour of Parkview at Paradise Village was conducted by [Removed], and was very well received. We were very impressed overall with [Removed] and the Parkview staff, available services and housing. We believe Parkview will be the "perfect home for our loved one," and are proceeding with the process. Thank you so much for your informative tour and support of our loved one!

Like resort living!

I selected Paradise Village from a list of about 10 venues supplied to me by the broker at A Place for Mom. Initially, this was at the higher end of our budget but I still considered it as it came with high recommendations from the broker.
After numerous phone calls and email contact with the sales admin staff, and an initial tour, my search stopped immediately and I decided on Paradise Village. Personally, I have never seen anything like Paradise Village and I am a bit sad, that I couldn't find a place similar to this for my father.
As I write this, my mother has lived there for not quite one week (in Cedars Assisted Living). She is already somewhat integrated into the lifestyle there, though I am fully aware that this is a big step for everybody involved and adjustment will take time. She has a friendship suite which is something like a condo. She shares a living area and kitchen with one other lady but has her own master bedroom type home with walk in wardrobes and en suite. The room is spacious, all of her furniture from home fit nicely, the maintenance crew helped hang her numerous photos on the wall, all of her clothes are in the wardrobe, the bathroom is giant and safe. The carpet is new and the room has been fully newly painted since the last person moved out.
Everybody, and I truly mean everybody, at Paradise Village is friendly, polite, well mannered, has experience speaking to the elderly, enunciates and is on time. All residences wear an alarm type necklace if they need any sort of help, even as simple as getting a book off a high shelf. Almost immediately, a care worker arrives to help them.
The entire venue is like a resort. It is open, light and airy, it smells good and clean, there is sun and life. The meals are exceptionally good – in fact, I eat almost all of my meals there with my mother. There are specials every lunch and dinner, but if you do not want them you can order off an entire menu like in a restaurant. You can have half portions, mix things from different selections. I have noticed that the wait staff know all of the people's names and remember what they like so prompt them if they would like something with their meal that they forgot to order. Outside of dining hours they offer a 24/7 bistro type area with coffee cold drinks, juices, tea, and a fridge stocked with fresh sandwiches and fruit.
There are about five things to do every day, besides the dining hours, if you feel like activities. So far, my mother has only played bingo – which is surprisingly a lot of fun! – and watched a couple of movies. There are movies every night!
I could go on and on but I guess my take-home message would be: the owners and managers of this business are a family business and they do treat this business like a home and like family. You can see that that is very important to them. To allow the elderly to live, and not just exist.

I toured!!

When I was searching for a good place for my father, I toured Paradise Village. It was a good tour but it was not my favorite. The tour guide was friendly and helpful towards any questions that I had.

I took a tour!!

I had a good tour of Paradise Village. The facility was nice and clean. The tour guide was knowledgeable and friendly, they really took their time with us. It was a good experience, but just not the best fit for my mother.

Wonderfully decorated!

I liked that Paradise Village featured a very large great room with a lot of natural lighting. I liked the way they had their hallways painting. It was wonderfully decorated with nice and new decor. I also liked the wrap around hallways, which are perfect for memory care patients.

My aunt has been here less than a week and we are thrilled with level of service and sense of urgency to each request. We are glad we chose Paradise Village

fairly young facility; provides companion options; has a space for resident that may be having an episode to calm down; has a "garage" within the facility for those residents that like to work on cars; movie theater, large activities area

A positive experience!

The Paradise Village was a wonderful place while my mother in law was there. Everything about it was great, and they took very good care of her while she was there. The hospice nurse said they would spread the was about how great this community is.

Excellent tour, fantastic community, great staff, the amenities are outstanding and the price is the best I've seen. My mother will take advantage of the special by moving in on the 31st. Great pick!

Care for a friend.

I am happ with the care that is being receiving here. The staff is caring and it always attentive to the needs she is needing. The meals seem to be good. She is offered the activities. She is sometimes confused by being. I would recommend this community for other family members for the care of there loved one.

Large pet friendly facility with connections between buildings, basement parking for cars. Apartments have kitchens and stacked washer/dryer. Variety of activities in one main building--pool, gym, theater, crafts, library, chapel, credit union. Food OK

A Lock Down Unit!!

Paradise Village was a nice clean community. The staff was very informative. The guide explained to us the meal plans and activities they offer. Unfortunately, it was a lock down unit and this didn't work for my loved one. The community offered complimentary transportation and had many more amenities available.

Happy Home for Dad!

A great community. The staff is wonderful and always offering assistance to make sure that things are taken care of. The community is always clean and very enjoyable. There are activities offered to keep active. I would recommend this to other families for great care.

Nice Community

Paradise Village is a very nice community. The staff is extremely friendly. Community is clean. The food they provide is really delicious. No complaints.

Expensive Experience

This community is clean and well maintained. My mother did enjoy the staff, they are nice and take good care of her. The food could be better, my stepfather got sick twice and was sent to the hospital because of it. I noticed that there was not much activities offered. I am not happy with the price, I feel there could be more offered. My feelings are that this community is all about money and completely overpriced.

Most cost effective compared to other facilities

My parents have not moved in yet, but we were very impressed with the facilities. Jaime was a great help and very willing to work with our needs. My parents were very impressed with all the activities. I'm looking forward to having my parents in San Diego.

So far it's been great!

So far it's been great! I have nothing but good things to say. The staff is wonderful. She isn't crazy about the food, she likes it to be a little spicier, but it's not bad by any means. Their maintenance team has been amazing. The activities are good. We were a little reserved about the location, but once you are on the campus it's lovely, I think they keep the prices reasonable that way. They have nurses and occupational therapists that come to her door like a house call, it's wonderful.

They are taking good care of mom

I am great with Paradise Village. They are taking good care of mom. I am very pleased with everything there so far. I have no complaints. They have plenty of activities. So far so good.

some of the valuables have disappeared

The facility is beautiful at Paradise Village. The staff are very very friendly. It is a big place and can be confusing. The previous facility she was in was a little more cozy. They have a lot of activities offered here. I think she is going to be happy here. One of my only concerns is one of the residents mentioned that some of the valuables have disappeared. She told me to be sure that moms valuables aren't kept there. That is the only thing that I would mention that is concerning. We have not experienced that personally yet and I hope not to. The way they handle business here is very good. I am really pleased with everything so far.

Bobi Thomas

Thank you for your review! We're glad you and your mother are enjoying the beautiful campus, great team members, incomparable amenities, and resort setting here at Paradise Village. We apologize for any concern hearing of this isolated incident regarding misplaced items may have caused and hope that you are now feeling very comfortable and at ease.

absolutely wonderful place

Paradise Village is an absolutely wonderful place. Mom is having a hard time settling in though. She is in independent living right now and is on the waiting list for assisted living. It's been a real hard transition for her. She really needs assisted living. But the facility itself is wonderful. It is a really friendly atmosphere at this facility and you can tell the residents love living there.

Bobi Thomas

Thank you for your kind words. We're so glad your mom is feeling more settled in and we're glad we have our on-site in-home-care partners to help support our families who are waiting for openings in our Assisted Living neighborhood.

Perfect Place

My 92 year old aunt moved into Paradise Village Assistant living in August 2015. She loves living at Paradise Village. The staff and residents are friendly, the food is good, she is enjoying the daily activities, she loves her room and roommate.

It truly is Paradise

Paradise Village is a beautiful complex. The staff is amazingly friendly and helpful. The residents are genuinely happy. I'm particularly impressed with their Club Paradise exercise facility. The selection of daily exercise classes are excellent. Paradise goes out of its way to provide even the smallest things that make a difference in a Seniors life.

Bobi Thomas

Thank you for the review! We're very proud of our community and our amazing team here at Paradise Village, and we're so happy our residents and visitors are seeing that pride in our beauty and service!

great

Overall they have really been great. The facility is very clean and well kept and the staff there is very friendly and helpful. It has been a great experience and I would highly recommend Paradise Village.

Bobi Thomas

Thank you! We're glad you and your family have been happy here at Paradise Village!

very friendly and quite helpful

My mother moved into a really nice brand new apartment in Paradise Village and it is very well done and quite lovely. Everyone there has been very friendly and quite helpful.

My only complaint is that when we ate dinner with mom there, there were a few gnats swarming around the kitchen and the food. Nothing major, but enough to be a little disturbing to me. They said they were working to get rid of them.

Other than that everything has been great.

Paradise Village, National City, CA

Very Good Place

Good Food
Nice rooms with patios

Very friendly staff and also the tenants are all sweet

Bobi Thomas

Thank you for the review! We're happy that our pride in what we do and our Paradise home is evident to those living and visiting here!

Food Is Great

Haven't been there long but so far things are great, had some issues with one employee, more of a personality thing. The food is great and overall client gets everything he needs and care is also very good.

I would give them a B.

They are doing an adequate job. The food was pretty bad in the beginning, but has gotten a lot better recently, after much complaining. They have a good gym, and I appreciate that. They have some classes we are interested in. I would give them a B.

Bobi Thomas

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We always appreciate feedback and strive to learn from it! We're sorry your dining experience in the past was not what you'd hoped but we're happy to hear that you've noticed the great changes we've made to our restaurants. We're so proud of our new menus and our amazing dining team!

Life is good.

Mom can't stop smiling! She chose Paradise Village in National City, California. The amenity packages are just right. The staff is outstandingly friendly, and helpful. Fellow residents are intriguing. And the best is spacious floor plans in a new building.
A Place For Mom has the most comprehensive listings, and incredible customer relations. One lady even coordinated between Phoenix and San Diego. We discovered the need to expand parameters, geographic, style, and level. If we didn't we would have missed out on the best fit.
Life is good.

Their level of services are diminishing

Their level of services are diminishing – offering less and less services in their assisted living. It’s really now geared for someone who doesn’t get sick. They’ve cut back on a lot of services such as managing oxygen and insulin. You better hope you don’t get sick! It’s a shame.

Bobi Thomas

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We're sorry to hear that we are no longer a safe fit for your family, but we hope that you'll understand that we have their best interests and health in mind and want to ensure that they are in an environment that is conducive to their current health needs. We wish you and your family the best.

too many complaints about p...

too many complaints about poor food

Dear valued guest,

I'm sorry to hear that your visit to us wasn't a positive experience. I would love the opportunity to welcome you back for a second visit and hear your thoughts on how we can improve as well as invite you for a fresh dining experience. Our Culinary Services Director, Scott Wilson is an accomplished chef who prides himself on providing a fantastic dining experience not only for our residents but to our visiting guests. I do hope you'll come back soon and share your thoughts with us.

Com Home to Paradise.

Dad will move-in to Paradise Village in 3 weeks. So far the experience has been beyond belief. Staff is exceptional in every way. The facility is truly a cut above any other we've seen. It's only 4 yrs old & developers truly went outside the box with their concept & implementation. It's very friendly, clean, inviting and just a wonderful place for anyone to live. While it is expensive, it's certainly affordable & more reasonable than many lower quality facilities with less amenities. Dad will really get a "bang for his bucks. We really like that there is just a reasonable one-time community fee, no long-term contracts & occupancy is month-to-month. Mobility scooters & pets are welcome. The food so far has been exceptional. It's a gated facility & is very secure. It will take some time for Dad (and me) to learn our way around as it can be confusing. Dad is very exciting about starting his new life here. May have more info after Dad has lived here a few months

My Aunt Used to Live There

I chose this place for my aunt three years ago because at the time they said they were able to give her insulin injections should the time come that she needed them. Their certification changed in the meantime so that by the time my aunt did need injections, they were not able to give them and I had to move her.

When she moved in it was brand new and pristine. I would say the biggest complaint my aunt had there was the quality of the food. It was a much larger facility so it was much more institutional and she grew up on the east coast so she was not used to a lot of the west coast flavorings and foods like avocados and Mexican flavors. The people at her table complained about the service in the dining room. The rest of it, I thought, was pretty good. As the years went on I was a little dismayed at the cleanliness upkeep, like cleaning the bathrooms and the carpets.

What a Wonderful Life in Paradise

My mom is very happy living in Paradise Village, She has already made many friends and is involved in activities daily. She loves her new apartment and dinner time is a big favorite for her. The staff is so friendly and caring it is just a wonderful place to be. I feel so much better knowing my mom is happy.

Great Price!

We like it! The only thing I don't like as much is the food. I think the food could have more variety and sometimes the service in the dining isn't as good. That is feedback that I've gotten from my mom. Other than that, she loves it!

They have a dining room, pool, gym, and even an auditorium. All that was so far beyond anything else we saw and the price was less. Their rooms were nicer too. The price is very reasonable especially for what they offer.

Bobi Thomas

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, Bonnie! We're happy to hear that your mother is enjoying so many of the great amenities and scheduled events here at Paradise Village. And, we're so proud of the new dining experience we are able to offer our residents and guests! Isn't the new menu great?

Very Happy

My parents lived here. My father weighs 240 lbs and it was taking 3 people to transfer him to the toilet and things that. The manager said that legally they couldn't have the third caregiver so my father has to leave. That's the only reason.

My parents were very happy there and very stimulated. It was a good mix of people. The food wasn't great but the people there were entertained a lot.

Bobi Thomas

Thank you for sharing, Joanne. We're sorry that we had to help find a new solution, but we want to know that we are always doing right by our residents and families, and sometimes that means helping to find a safer solution somewhere else. You're family will be missed by us and we wish you all the best.

This place is very nice. The locat...

This place is very nice. The location is the only reservation.

Bobi Thomas

Thank you for the review. We understand that some folks may have reservations about an older, family-based neighborhood, but our location has so much more to offer! Great shopping, 6 miles from downtown, 3 miles from San Diego Bay, ocean and city skyline views, historical landmarks and buildings, and great community involvement! Located one block outside of San Diego, Paradise Village offers residents and their visitors a one-of-a-kind resort style experience and we hope you'll visit again soon.

GOOD: Only 2 year?s old ? v...

GOOD: Only 2 year?s old ? very large (we like that) ? underground parking ? residents seemed closer to our age ? lots of activities ? reasonable costs BAD: VERY bad neighborhood ? No memory care We would love this place if you could move it to Cardiff by the Sea. Scratch from list!

Bobi Thomas

Thank you for the review. We appreciate your feedback. While it is true that we are located in an older, family-based neighborhood, we feel we truly live up to the Paradise name with our stunning campus, endless amenities, large, beautiful apartments, great restaurants, warm, dedicated team members, and so very much more. And we hope you'll come back and visit again this spring when our brand new memory care neighborhood, Parkview, opens it's doors! We're very excited about this new chapter for Paradise Village!

Excellent facility! Very clean, brigh...

Excellent facility! Very clean, bright and colorful. Laundry service is part of the monthly fee (minimal). No odors noted during the tour. Did not witness facility resident activities, however, reviewed calendar and activity list to include a tour of the indoor pool and exercise/gym area. During the tour staff attitude was very positive and friendly. Outdoor spaces, clean and neat, appears to be safe for residents. Nutrition opportunity available around the clock to include discounts for family members when dining in the facility restaurant. Level of care includes retirement living, assisted and memory care to include medication management. Contracts run month-to-month with 30 days notice for termination. Overall, this a very nice facility and it would be a pleasure to have my dad live there.

WELCOME TO PARADISE!

Introducing Paradise Village, the newest retirement community located in San Diego's South Bay. Offering retirement and assisted living in a resort-style, gated community with a Mediterranean flair. One bedroom, one bedroom w/den, 2 bedroom, and penthouse options. Studio and friendship suites available in Assisted Living. Upscale & casual dining restaurant options with indoor or patio seating w/flexible options. Club Paradise Wellness Center including state of the art fitness center, heated 75-foot heated pool, jacuzzi, strength training, locker/shower rooms, and classroom. Salon/spa services, 212 Seat Auditorium/theater, medical/health clinic on-site. Over 200 scheduled activities monthly and 22 resident run clubs. Outdoor activity areas include tennis/basketball court, beautifully landscaped putting course, walking paths and resident garden areas. Hospitals and medical centers adjacent to our community, and more! Month-to-Month Rentals, No Buy-In Fees.

•12- Acre Gated Community in South Bay