Nazareth House - San Diego, CA

Nazareth House San Diego is committed to offering active elders personalized assistance, supportive services, and compassionate care in a Catholic, spirit-centered, loving community. Your safety, care, and assistance are assured while your independence is encouraged.

The focus at Nazareth House is on wellness and keeping our residents as independent as possible by providing a tailored plan of assistance. The level of care options we offer promotes aging in place with dignity and peace of mind, allowing Nazareth House to meet each resident’s individual needs.

Residents at Nazareth House enjoy spirituality, beautifully appointed living spaces, delicious meals, engaging social activities, transportation, and personalized assistance along a continuum of care. Supporting our residents and their families in a congenial, spirit-filled community is not just our goal. It is our privilege. Our residents enjoy living in a park-like setting, surrounded by lush, natural beauty in the hills above the city. The mild San Diego climate encourages an abundance of year-round floral beauty, whatever the season.

Nazareth House San Diego, established in 1974, is owned and operated by a Catholic religious congregation, the Sisters of Nazareth. Care is open to all, regardless of religion or creed; our personalized health care services are offered through Nazareth Care.

Love ~ Compassion ~ Patience ~ Respect ~ Justice ~ Hospitality

Nazareth House - San Diego, CA

The best AL in San Diego. Management is great, staff is perfect and very caring.

Excellent facility, best facility I have visited as a clinician. I have been working at skilled nursing facilities & ILF’s in San Diego & Nazareth House is head & shoulder above other locations with respect to resident care, nursing care, food, supervisor & each resident is treated with dignity & respect. An ideal location for a resident.

A Home for Dad

Our Dad spent 5 1/2 years at Nazareth House. During that time, we visited almost every. We observed interaction between many caregivers and residents. From not only our experience with Dad but others, the care they give goes beyond fulfilling job requirements. The workers have hearts that shows genuine concern for the seniors. They are a "family"that will welcome your loved one into their "home ".

We are quite happy with it so far. They are very clean, and almost everyone there is quite warm, and friendly and patient. The peace of mind we get makes it a good value. Everyone in the care unit needs a lot of help, and sometimes it can take a few minutes for someone to get there. They have activities, and they are all different activities, some that are fairly creative. The residents are heavily encouraged to participate. I wish I had been trained on how to interact there, at first I didn't really know what to do in certain situations when I was visiting. I think the food is pretty good, and I think that she really enjoys it. When you walk in there is a calm, peaceful, caring, atmosphere, even thought it is quite active.

$2000 nonrfnd deposit, Room $2500...

$2000 nonrfnd deposit, Room $2500 to $4100 w/o beauty/tele/TV/cable. Trans avail till 3 or 4:00 ea day. Residence arrange meds deliver to Nurse station.

I'm crossing this one off my list bec...

I'm crossing this one off my list because of my dad's negative attitude about religion.

Toured today with one of the managers...

Toured today with one of the managers. Loved her. Met briefly with the director also. Can help with everything.