Waltonwood at Cherry Hill - Canton, MI

[Name removed] was a delight and very helpful with educating to help make the right decision. The facility is gorgeous and definitely resident focused so they are engaged, active and well cared for. Rooms options are safe & spacious. Definite worth tour & made our top 3 list to visit with mom.

Pleasant place to live

We have moved in and lived there for 6 weeks; so, far all is well. The food is very good; however, there is often a fifteen minute wait to enter the dining room --difficult for some to stand and wait. There was a problem with seating in the dining room, but a table was opened and a place made for us. Staff is planning to improve that with a change in seating procedures. If one is dependent on cell phone, reception in first floor apartments is virtually nil; we installed a land line. I would recommend this place even with a few problems because staff is trying to do better.

Very nice place!

We had a very good experience overall with Waltonwood. My loved one lived here for quite a while before she ended up needing to move due to increasing care needs. It's a nice looking place, the people are friendly, and I'd say they are a great option for anyone looking into independent living!

Great care at all stages of aging

My mother has recently moved to WWCH Independent living. We are so excited because she has her independence, but is also with others. There are so many things to do and the dining is wonderful, giving her a tasteful balanced diet and great interaction with people! The staff is helpful and attentive. The transportation is wonderful, again giving the sense of independence without needing to worry about a car (and have us worrying about her driving a car.....). I'm so thankful they have assisted living and memory care if needed. I'm a healthcare provider with an independent company and have been in the assisted and memory care areas days, nights and weekends and the staff are fantastic! Actually, looking ahead to a time of more intense care is what prompted my family to consider WWCH.

DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER THIS FACILITY

This place is a nightmare. My mother-in-law was a resident in the assisted living area of Waltonwood. The layout of the facility is convenient if you have mobility issues. That is the only good thing I can say about the facility. My husband and I would visit at various times. The staff would routinely be found watching TV in the resident TV lounge. My mother-in-law said she would call for assistance and it would take 30 minutes to an hour for an aid to arrive. They do not care about the residents. We were absolutely stunned when we were visiting at about 7 pm one evening. The aid came in and said it was time for our mother to get ready for bed! 7pm? We were sitting there visiting!! She refused and of course the aid was upset she could not complete her "job." We had difficulty getting someone to return phone calls or messages if we had a question. The information we did receive was often incorrect. Do not consider this place if you care at all for your loved one.

A nice place, and friendly staff

This is a very clean, nice looking place, and the staff have all been very friendly and courteous. I'd be happier with a higher staff to resident ratio, and my loved one has mentioned wishing they had some low-impact cardio equipment in their exercise area.

Visited the facility and wa...

Visited the facility and was very impressed. Renee was very helpful and gave me the information I needed which I am sending to my Aunt today. It is clean and fresh and bright inside which is very appealing, and everything is wide open for her to maneuver around. Hopefully we can get her placement set up very soon. Thank you.

Too Expensive

It was pretty nice but more expensive than some others we looked at.

Nice But Expensive!

Waltonwood is good but it's very expensive. It was too expensive for my mother's budget but it is very nice. The one on Cherry Hill is nicer than the Canton Center one - it's newer and more modern.

Expensive but Worth It.

They're really good there. We walked in the very first day and they knew who we were, they knew who my father was and I had never met this girl before. It's expenisve but any place is expensive. We looked into having somebody come in the house and that was going to be three times as much.

They seem to have a lot of activities. They have a white board and everyday there is something different. They just did a Christmas in July thing.

They seem to be really interested in the patient. They're not just warehousing them, if you will.

Very Nice People

My mom will be moving there soon. It sounds like they have a lot of care and a pretty full schedule of activities. They have outings like to the grocery store and restaurants. They have chair yoga, poker, and bingo from what I've seen.

I just found them to be very, very, very nice.

great place, in the running

great place, in the running

When only the best will do…Look to Waltonwood for Luxury Senior Living. At Waltonwood, our goal is not to be just another Senior Community. But rather, our goal is to ensure each resident and family member is treated with dignity and respect while striving to exceed their expectations. We are committed to providing a “Tradition of Excellence” in everything we do for our residents and their families. Waltonwood provides the utmost in independence and lifestyle with our communities’ warm surroundings, comfortable amenities, and our caring staff’s personalized services. Waltonwood is all about choice…from luxurious Independent Living apartments with optional services…to Assisted Living apartments for those needing more customized services…to Dementia Care with specialized assistance for those with cognitive impairment.

Waltonwood Communities are developed, built, and managed by Singh – a local, family operated builder/developer that has been providing premier residential housing in the metropolitan Detroit area for more than 30 years. Each Waltonwood Community combines unique architecture, professionally landscaped grounds with scenic courtyards and walking trails, professional services, and staff to create a beautiful, warm, homelike environment for all our residents.