Brighton Gardens of Northville - Plymouth, MI

Poor care

Poor care of our loved one. No experience in taking care of memory care patients. We moved our family member to a new place because of the way things were handled many times. So many excuses and reasons for problems. The day the police were called on our family member was unforgivable. We removed him immediately and found new care for him. He is doing wonderful in a new home. The staff are so loving and know how to help memory care patients. Brighton gardens is a very sad place for your loved one

Found it outdated & institutional. Kitchenette only had a Small cube fridge The small modular shower did not allow for a handicap shower seat which seemed dangerous It did have a lot of amenities though. Would not work for our situation.

Still too expensive for Mom.

Seems like a nice, bright, friend space. A corner one bedroom suite is nice with a good view. Pricing is competitive. Worth considering.

Will not recommend

I wasn't please about this place at all. The moment I walked in there I felt it wasn't right no residents was around only a few residents. The concierge lady was on her phone was unprofessional to me very dry greeting as well. No activities was being done I came around 1 pm. Some staff was polite in speaking but not many.

Sunrise Senior Living

Hello Becky, we are sorry to hear about your experience at our community. We would enjoy to learn more about your tour. Please consider emailing information (at) sunriseseniorliving (dot) com with your contact information so that we can connect. Thank you. - The Sunrise Team

Clean. Residents out and about in the common space. Has residents with Parkinson's
Many residents seem to have memory decline

Location not the best for us

This is a very nice community and the staff did a wonderful job with our tour, they took their time showing us around and answered all our questions. We did consider this community for our father but felt that the location was not the best for us. I would recommend taking a tour with them.

They were a little unorganized when we got there, but [Removed] caught up with us and was very helpful. Like the facility.

No complaints!!

I have no complaints of how my tour went of this community for my loved one. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. I liked the open floor plan and all of the great amenities they had for the residents. It was just not the right fit for her in the end decision.

Long-Term Care

We thought we had to place my father into a nursing home until we called A Place for mom and they directed us to Brighton Gardens. I really thought my dad would be entering hospice soon, but he has made great progress at this facility. He is at the highest level of care, but they are doing a great job. The staff has been very accommodating through some rough patches.

If he would have been transferred to a local nursing home instead of Brighton Gardens, I'm confident he would not be as happy or motivated to work to get back on his feet.

He has many visitors and all have commented on how impressed they were with Brighton Gardens.

We had a good experience touring..

My loved one's and I toured Brighton Gardens and thought it was a very nice place. The tour guide was friendly and able to answer all of our questions.

Day Staff Needs Improvement

My mother is doing pretty well for the most part with her move to this community. Her main concern has been the morning staff at this community. She says they are understaffed in the mornings. Due to them being understaffed during the day, there are some things that need improvements. Other than the day staff issue, the other staff through out the day is good. She is pleased with the meals, and has gotten involved in the activities they offer. Until they fix the morning staff, this is not a community I could recommend at this moment.

Tour for mom

We did tour this community. We did like the staff who were friendly. This is a clean community. The list of the meals is healthy and appealing. They do offer a variety of activities for the residents for care. We would suggest that families tour this community for this care of family member. This is an outstanding community with great care.

Make sure you advocate for your loved one.

The staff seems a little understaffed especially at night. The staff that is there are doing well with taking care of his needs. There is a physical therapy company in house. They do not seem to encourage the residents to participate in the daily activities and trips out. They offer restaurant style dining. The food is great and they offer a lot of choices. I am able to do my loved one's laundry at the community. They have walking paths. The area he is in now is clean. I was not impressed with the memory care unit as it did not seem clean and it smells of urine.

Happy with Dads Move Here

Everything is working out pretty well with my fathers move to this community He still adjusting, but I know he is in a good place. They have a good staff, and they are very attentive, and kind. Overall I'am pleased with his move to this community, and I would recommend it.

My Sister Likes it Here

This was a good move for my sister to this community. They are taking very good care of her and her needs. She is very happy, and has adjusted very well to this community. It is a well-kept community, they do a good job with the cleanliness of the place. The staff is good, she is in good hands with them. There are nice activities available for the residents. Her only draw back has been the food, but overall she says the are meals are decent. I know she is safe, and being cared for very well. This is a community I would recommend.

Need a little work!

"So far things are going ok. The care staff seems to care about the residents, however I don't think there are enough of them. I like that my mother can have her own furniture and TV and it keeps her from being in the wheelchair all of the time. I suspect the caregivers are underpaid and they are the ones who do all of the work.

Not Convenient For Us

When I had my tour I felt they were real good at showing me around the place. They were attentive and prepared for us to come see the community. But i thought this was too far for us, it would not be close enough.

Mom's temporary stay

My mom had a temporary stay at Brighton House. I must say we are very impressed with the staff and the level of her care. The facility was clean and pleasant. I can't say enough good things. If my mom ever needs a temporary or unfortunate situation were she'd have to stay away from home permanently this is definitely a place we would consider. It seems like she was always kept busy and that she was happy to be there.

Let's go have some fun!

The are doing an okay job. They just need to help the memory care people to be able to stay on track. It seems like moms room is never clean when I go and visit. The rooms are already very small. She liked the food. I also like that they go on a lot of outings and keep them active.

Sunrise Senior Living

Nicely decorated. Parking is bad. Companion rooms very small. Like the idea of house pets, I know my Dad would feel more confortable with them.

Well kept, friendly, and one of our top 2 choices. The staff is outgoing, compassionate, and well trained. Patti was our point of contact and she couldn't have been more accomodating.

Very nice place!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Brighton Gardens! The staff is loving and personable with the residents, and they've always gotten back to us immediately when we've had questions or concerns. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and our loved one really enjoys all the windows and natural light in her room. She also raves about the food to anyone who will listen!

communication between the staff and family needs improving

At Brighton Gardens of Northville the communication between the staff and family needs improving. We had some questions on how he is doing and how things are going but because of the changing shifts there isn't good communication. We did put a log book in his room to help this. I also don't think there is as good as a patient to staff ratio as some other facilities. The property is fairly compact and I do wish there was more room to roam around. In general it is a nice place overall. I would say things are going good but not perfect.

food service is very good

The food service is very good at Brighton Gardens of Northville. The staff are very accommodating at this facility. Mom loves to play cards and she hasn't found anyone that will play with her. She does complain that most of the residents are in wheelchairs. She is having a hard time adjusting but who wouldn't in that situation.

Looked very nice!

Very nice place!

This is my first experience with a senior community so I don't have much to compare it to, but so far I am very impressed by what I have seen at Brighton Gardens of Northville! I'd give them top marks across the board! The staff I've interacted with have been very friendly and accommodating, and always willing to listen to any questions or suggestions I have. The food is good, and they do a great job taking care of the people who live here, it's a very nice place overall!

Worth a visit

The staff is caring and very friendly. The facility is clean and brighter than others we have seen. We would like to get more than one shower a week without having to pay even more.

Review of Brighton Gardens of Northville Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Plymouth, MI

Very nice. Common area adjoins dining. 2 seatings for dinner (3 choices). Dining areas to reserve for family meals. Respite available. Nice smelling. Bright.

Nice place, overall

Things have gone well so far at Brighton Gardens of Northville! It's a nice facility, and they keep everything looking very clean and well kept. They've done an excellent job looking after my loved one, and have been very accommodating regarding his care needs, which can vary quite lot depending on the day.
I'd like to see them improve the communication between their staff members, however. Often instructions that I leave won't get passed between shifts or caregivers.

Unsure if it give enough as...

Unsure if it give enough assistance/ apartment like setting Allows pets

Spoke with Kim, Patti assis...

Spoke with Kim, Patti assistant there are docs on call, monthly wellness checks by gerentologists. Residents can walk wooded grounds, near St. John's inn,there is a care mgr coordinator on site at all times so they can meet with us in the event Patti or Kim is unavailable. There is mass said every Wed on site by a retired priest with a nun also and every Sunday a bus drives residents to church .8 mile away. They have weekly outings to the mall, a restaurant, Kensington park to a boat ride. They have rooms with 3 floor plans, try to encourage residents to go to common areas. the studio apt is the most popular type. In the pricing the daily fee includes 3 meals with two seatings for lunch and dinner. There are snacks, pricing includes one shower per week and housekeeping.

Love it here

Love Brighton Gardens. The staff is wonerful and very helpful. I would recommend this place for your loved one.

Ugh! Depressing. We both ...

Ugh! Depressing. We both felt 'not for us.' Karen got more and more depressed as the tour progressed. Expensive rent for tiny rooms -- assistance added on top. 3 meals a day, plus snax, etc. part of rent. Not affordable for us. Few men in evidence.

disappointed

The place is lovely. The staff is caring, but not necessarily attentive and the communication was terrible. Unfortunately, our experience was very short-lived. However, the quick demise of my parent while a resident was due in part to a lack of attention to a few important details. It really may have been more that this was not the fit for my mom in her condition at the time. I think the persons in charge of evaluating my mom prior to accepting her were more interested in obtaining a new paying resident than honestly believing this was a good fit for her.

Information at SunriseSeniorLiving dot com

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review and please know that we take all concerns seriously. We would like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise so we can follow up. Please email us at [removed] . Thank you, Sunrise Team

Brighton Gardens has lived up to and ...

Brighton Gardens has lived up to and exceeded every expectation. It is a beautiful, clean facility and the staff is professional and caring to the residents.

The staff is not all they are cracked up to be.

The staff is not all they are cracked up to be. They are not good at record keeping and nothing seems to get written down if they fall. They don't do as much as they could or should. I think they should check in on them every couple of hours at night, and they don't. The communication and charting is not good. I like that they have so much entertainment, and it's a beautiful place. Things are pretty clean, but in the room it looks clean but is not as clean as it could be. We tried to have him ready so we could pick him up to go out, and they didn't have him ready. Their food is awesome.

This facility reminds you o...

This facility reminds you of a Marriott Hotel when you first walk in to the lobby area - very warm and inviting and the staff is outgoing and very friendly. Loved it!

Very Happy

Although my mother has only been in Brighton Gardens for a short period of time. I spent a long time investigating assisted living communities. This a lovely place where the elderly are treated with respect and compasion. The staff couldn't get any better. And the food is really good with choices of meal times and a great selection

This property is upscale a...

This property is upscale and expensive. Michigan location is not an option.

The right place for MotherInLaw

I had very little time to find a good place for my MotherInLaw. Her current senior living facility was not equiped for Hospice care. I was able to narrow down places over two days and then began the tour process. Brighton Gardens had already done their homework establishing her needs with the Hospice care people. My wife and I were warmly greeted and Patty sat down with us and outlined what they could do to help. The rooms are bright and cheery and you can bring Moms furniture and wall decorations in to make it more familiar. All the staff was smiling and caring. The cook, Jo, has been there 13 years and explained that she customizes the meals for every resident. Every resident we met was happy. It was a perfect community for any level of care and certainly perfect for Mom.

beautiful place, too expensive

beautiful place, too expensive

wonderful experience

My grandmother had a wonderful experience here and they took care of her until she passed away. I think they have a relationship with hospice care because my other grandma moved here too when she needed it.

Hotel like atmosphere, too large, onl...

Hotel like atmosphere, too large, only one common area, hallways too long

Staff was wonderful, lots of activity...

Staff was wonderful, lots of activity, cats & dogs, very clean, needed their nurse to check on my dad's wounds to see how severe. Indicated they could handle dad's personality.

Director very nice and helpful. Remen...

Director very nice and helpful. Remenicense house very depressing looking, hallways long and hotel-like. Assistive living area was nice, smell of urine at entrance. Staff seemed nice and attentive to residents.

Beautiful! Very impressive -- lots o...

Beautiful! Very impressive -- lots of offerings. Very clean, happy, welcoming. Great staff, felt personal and comfortable. Feels like a big house, looks like a great hotel. Staff levels to support the activities, field trips and any extra care requirements. Has on-site PT/OT facility. Set pricing is a plus.

The Director's mother in law lives he...

The Director's mother in law lives here; she loves it and said it's very nice. need more info!

Pet policy- Alzheimer unit-- Encourag...

Pet policy- Alzheimer unit-- Encourages Family time ??? Might not be the best pick !!

Anticipating this could be one of the...

Anticipating this could be one of the places to consider for Mom. Our second choice, or maybe first, we liked this place a lot.

Kind staff, homey feel, willing to wo...

Kind staff, homey feel, willing to work with Dad. No skilled nursing options.

Nice facility. $118 per day for studi...

Nice facility. $118 per day for studio apartment and $12 a day for medicine management. Said familiar with getting LTC companies to grant coverage.

Visited on 5/19. Full assisted livin...

Visited on 5/19. Full assisted living with memory care unit. $4500/month and too expensive for mom.

Brighton Gardens provides assisted living in an apartment-style setting that offers the simple pleasures - nutritious food, comfortable surroundings, and the support of a warm, caring and competent staff. A separate Special Care Center for residents with Alzheimer's or other memory related disorders is also on-site. The key to our success in the Special Care Center is our dedicated and compassionate staff, which receives special training and supervision. Our Special Care programming offers a variety of activities designed to achieve memory enrichment and positive social interactions. Caring for residents with dementia is a partnership between the community and the family, frequent family visits are encouraged and support groups and advisory councils are arranged. A Short Stay Program for seniors who need short-term care may also be available. It is the ideal alternative for recuperating after a hospital stay, while family caregivers are on vacation or if you just want to try out assisted living. Please call for more information or to schedule a visit to find out how Brighton Gardens can enrich your life or the life of a loved one.