Waltonwood Carriage Park - Canton, MI

Assisted living

We moved my mom into assisted living and we have had our expectations exceeded. The staff is very caring and attentive. The facility is always clean and the staff is always friendly. You may think the price is too much but how can you put a price on your piece of mind as well as the happiness it brings my mother. She feels safe and is now doing things she hasn’t done in the last 5 months. I believe it’s due to the care she is receiving. Walton Woods has so many activities if she cares to join them. I can’t say enough good things about this place. Thank you all those that work there.

[Name removed] & staff were pleasant and helpful. (Each tour opens our eyes to more things we need to know). The overview facility is great and resident focused. Room options are limited to studios but they are laid out well & spacious. There are fall savings making it very attractive. Will be back with Mom.

These folks really have a great facility and good a plan for responsive care. My top contender!

Our tour went extremely well. They have a special for July that we cannot ignore. I have scheduled another visit, with mom with me, for [date removed]. This location is perfect. The atmosphere was very pleasing. I believe we can make the accommodations work. All I need is her approval. I did take the tour checklist with me, thank you, as it was very helpful.

Would not recommend!!!!!!

Our mom was at this facility for 4 plus years, in the beginning, everyone was nice, friendly, then things went downhill fast. I would never recommend this place, staff has no compassion or empathy (just a job), not educated in taking care of the elderly. No smiles, no friendly greetings to the residents or the visitors. No memory care at this location! Understaffed, only a few work on the weekends. We should have moved mom out, but once settled, it's hard for an older person to change and get readjusted to a new location. We felt she was [Removed] and uncared for. Please take your time and look closely before you select a place. She certainly did not get the care she was paying for! Overpriced, understaffed, uneducated, no compassion, no empathy. The elderly need all these things to feel loved and welcomed.

Maintenance Negligence

Maintenance [removed] allowed my ailing Grandmother with double pneumonia to move into an apartment with cold air pouring in around the heater/AC unit in the middle of winter, he entered her apartment days later (unannounced) to make the repair while my Grandmother was on the toilet. Toilet seat was loose from the time she moved in (I fixed that myself), [removed] and blatantly disrespected my family on several occasions in the days just before my Grandmother's passing with no regard, respect, or compassion whatsoever. Currently working with a news station to get this person exposed as he has absolutely no business working with people, let alone the elderly.

Nice visit. The is a great ...

Nice visit. The is a great looking community. I will consider it if no other options were to pan out.

Visited the facility and I ...

Visited the facility and I think my Aunt would be comfortable making either of the Waltonwood establishments a good new home to live. Mailing all the info to her today so she can make her decision.

Nice but Expensive

This place was nice but expensive. We ended up finding something cheaper and in a better location. It was closer to my friend's doctor.

They have nurses on staff. ...

They have nurses on staff. (tight for his budget)

When only the best will do…Look to Waltonwood for Luxury Senior Living. At Waltonwood, our goal is not to be just another Senior Community. But rather, our goal is to ensure each resident and family member is treated with dignity and respect while striving to exceed their expectations. We are committed to providing a “Tradition of Excellence” in everything we do for our residents and their families. Waltonwood provides the utmost in independence and lifestyle with our communities’ warm surroundings, comfortable amenities, and our caring staff’s personalized services. Waltonwood is all about choice…from luxurious Independent Living apartments with optional services…to Assisted Living apartments for those needing more customized services…to Dementia Care with specialized assistance for those with cognitive impairment.

Waltonwood Communities are developed, built, and managed by Singh – a local, family operated builder/developer that has been providing premier residential housing in the metropolitan Detroit area for more than 30 years. Each Waltonwood Community combines unique architecture, professionally landscaped grounds with scenic courtyards and walking trails, professional services, and staff to create a beautiful, warm, homelike environment for all our residents.