American House Westland Venoy Senior Living - Westland, MI

This is a great place for my father-in-law

My father-in-law has made the transition to American House Westland Venoy well. The staff are great with him and they encourage him to be a part of their actifity program there. There is transportation to doctor appointments and field trips for those residents who want to use it. And my father-in-law enjoys going to the dining area with the other residents and they have a great menu and food. I would definitely recommend American House as the staff is pleasant, very organized and truly care about their residents.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your 5-star review of our community! Your feedback is very important to us. We're glad to hear that your father-in-law has settled in and we're grateful he chose to make his home here with us at American House Westland Venoy.

Not very impressed!!

I had drove by this community for the a possible tour for my loved one and decided to not go in when I had passed the building. I was not impressed the area at all and everything just seemed a little to messy for my liking. The scenery could use some improvement.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you; we appreciate your feedback.

Friendly Community!!

The community seemed like a really nice place to live. The manager and staff were very friendly and attentive. The only reason we did not go with this place was the location, too far from my house.

Very Willing to Work With Us

My father is still adjusting to this community, but they are trying their best to care for him and his needs. They have a good staff here, I know he is in good hands. He has gotten involved in the community with the activities they offer. The food has been a problem with my father. He says the food arrives cold and they take a long time to serve the residents. I like the fact they are willing to work with us with any concerns we have. I know he is safe and being cared for well here. I would recommend it.

Overall Pleased With This Place

The staff are doing very good with my mom and they provide a really clean community for her and others. My mom seems to participate in the activities available. Her meals must be good because we have not heard of a complaint yet. I would for sure recommend this community.

Clean and Tidy

Its kept very clean and tidy for the residents here. They need a little help with the food but other then that its an all around good place to live

The facility was clean and the residents seemed content. The memory care unit was dark and depressing but was locked down for elopement purposes. Wish my Dad didn't want to escape so he could live in the assisted portion.

Food could use improvement

The staff is always nice and address any concerns that we might have quickly. The facility is clean and clean smelling which is appreciated. They have some activities, but I think they could be better. The food could definitely use improvement too.

Seemed like a nice place, good price

We toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. This seemed like a nice enough place overall, but we found another American House community that was closer to our family and that suited our needs better. This location didn't have quite as many activities, which is something we were really interested in for our loved one.The facility itself also didn't feel quite as bright, although certainly not bad. However, the price here was much better than the other community, which was one advantage it had.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your feedback! We're extremely happy that you found an American House location that suited your loved one! If I can offer any assistance, please reach out to me! Elizabeth Churnesky, executive director

They are doing a pretty okay job.

They are doing a pretty okay job. The quality of food is something we aren't very thrilled with. The activities are about average. The staff and the cleanliness of the facility is okay. Some improvements could be made, but other than the food, no major complaints.

American House Senior Living Communities

Our American House chef and nutritionist work hard to prepare healthy and tasty meals that residents enjoy. They’re always open to suggestions if you have any! Feel free to call me and we can talk about your menu ideas.
Elizabeth Churnesky, Executive Director

Very happy to hear that they will accept the Medicaid waiver, which we are in the process of getting my mom on, with the help of the Henry Ford home health team. I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your kindness and help.

American House Senior Living Communities

You’re so very welcome! If you ever need anything, please
don’t hesitate to call me personally or stop by my office. My door is
always open.

I give American House an A+

They are very friendly and very clean, it's a nice place. They are pretty attentive, they are on top of it when that bell goes off, they keep track. The food is pretty good, and always on time, and the sociability is good. It's a good option, and they have a lot of different programs and ways they can help with different obstacles.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback! We work
hard to make sure residents receive the assistance they need! If I can help with anything,
please don't hesitate to call.
Elizabeth Churnesky, Executive Director

Clean place, needs to update decor. Needs slightly more variety of activities. Health aides are friendly but not enough of them. Can take a long time when you call for help. Ok value for your money.

We have a Life Enrichment Director who plans events and
activities for residents, so if you would like to offer input or make a suggestion
we would sincerely appreciate it! Also, medical support services are provided by a third party not affiliated with American House. Please give me a call if you would like to discuss further. Thank you!
Elizabeth Churnesky, Executive Director

American house Westland is ...

American house Westland is just what I was looking for.

American House Senior Living Communities

How wonderful! Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. My door is always open, if you ever have any questions.
Elizabeth Churnesky, Executive Director

No vacancies at the present...

No vacancies at the present time. I was a little surprised that residents had to provide their own air conditioning.

American House Senior Living Communities

I'm sorry that there is a waiting list for you right now, but things do change frequently so there could be an opening before you know it! Also, residents can enjoy air conditioning provided in the common areas of the community. Keep in touch, and let me know if you have any questions. Hopefully we'll be calling you soon with an opening!
Patty Mack, Executive Director

Short experience, but great so far!

My loved one had only been living here for a few weeks before he had to go to the hospital, but he is looking forward to going back. In the short time he has spent there, it has been a great living environment. The director, Patty, has been amazing. I give her high marks. She is easy to talk to, very helpful, and wants to work with you. I have had several conversations with her, and she is very patient, she listens, and is very accommodating. She has provided wonderful suggestions for us as well. Definitely check it out!

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you for your kind words! I appreciate it. I hope your loved one returns soon and continues to enjoy his time here, and please know that I’m here if he ever needs anything. Don’t hesitate to call or stop by whenever – even if you’d just like to say hi!
Patty Mack, Executive Director

Very nice facility, clean a...

Very nice facility, clean and well staffed.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thanks for leaving your feedback! We try hard to make sure
we have a comfortable living community — and our staff works hard to
ensure residents are happy and having fun.

Great Place

Since my loved one has moved in, she's been doing very well gere! Everything is very clean and the staff are all very friendly! She seems to be happy here!

American House Senior Living Communities

Nothing makes me happier than hearing that a resident is doing well and happy living in our community! I hope she is enjoying our activities and making friends. If you or your loved one need anything, or if you have any questions, please stop by my office. My door is always open.

Somewhat disappointed

Terrace building has a very small "living room" when entering the building where residents watch TV in a community setting. During the winter, I have seen residents wearing hats and coats while watching TV which is poorly located in this building because the door is constantly being opened and the cold air settles right in that sitting area. Requests have been made, to no avail, to put a television in the dining area which would be a warmer location during the winter.

Not enough variety in activities for the residents. Residents need more stimulating activities. Activities on the monthly calendar do not often happen.

I believe residents are taken care of, however, it's always in the best interest of the resident to have an advocate who sees that things are being taken care of. Of course, this would be the situation no matter where they were living.

American House Senior Living Communities

You may have caught our residents on a quiet day (we all
need those sometimes!). However, we do have plenty of unique and
varied activities for our residents to enjoy within our spacious community areas.
Our staff includes a Life Enrichment Director who plans activities and events focusing on the whole person wellness of our residents.
These programs include our very own American House Choir as well as in-house performances by Detroit Symphony Orchestra musicians.
If you have ideas on programming, I’d love to hear them! Please feel free to call me personally and we can chat. Thanks for leaving your feedback!
Patty Mack
Executive Director

One Story Building

My girl friend's mother lives there. It's a one story building so they don't have to deal with elevators so that helps a lot becuse a lot of the older people don't like elevators. I have to give them a five because they're just wonderful for my friend and her mother.

American House Senior Living Communities

Thank you so much for your high recommendation! I’m glad your friend’s mother is enjoying living in our community, and please let your friend know she may stop in anytime to say hello!

[removed]

Small studios (200 ft) or efficiency ...

Small studios (200 ft) or efficiency (317 ft) seems to be all they have.

American House Senior Living Communities

While our apartments are all indeed studios, we do have other American House locations that offer one- and two-bedroom apartments. You can call me directly and we can talk about what community would be the best option for you!
[removed]

Studio - $1495 Studio w/kitchenette ...

Studio - $1495 Studio w/kitchenette - $1595 3 meals small dogs activities Bingo

American House Senior Living Communities

We do certainly have plenty of activities here to keep our residents busy — including our very own American House Choir! I’d love to talk to you about the other amenities we offer our residents, so feel free to give me a call or drop by anytime.
Patty Mack, Executive Director [removed]

A comfortable, convenient one-story community, American House Westland-Venoy is ideally situated near family, friends, shopping, and familiar medical professionals in Westland, Wayne, Garden City, and Livonia. American House Westland-Venoy is also located close to hospitals including St. Mary Mercy Livonia, Garden City Hospital, and Botsford Hospital. Westland Venoy Senior Living provides Independent Living with assistance available.*

Our senior apartments are all ground floor studios with private baths on peaceful landscaped grounds. We also have a community dining room, activity rooms, and comfortable lounges for socializing.
Our Life Enrichment Director plans a wide range of cultural, social and recreational activities and trips, and staff members are available 24-hours a day.

Resident Services also include scheduled transportation and restaurant-style dining available for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Laundry and housekeeping services, medication reminders, PT Clinics, and other services are also available.

*Medical support services provided by a third party not affiliated with American House.