This was the friendliest place I visited; I really felt extra welcomed and comfortable there. You can tell the staff really enjoy their work and their residents. Loved the dining room space; it felt light and airy, warm and welcoming. Largest choices for menu options. My mom likes to cook, and the units didn’t have ovens. [name removed] offered to check into the possibility of adding an oven. The units aren’t as updated as Brookhaven, but it felt homier overall. Geographically, it wouldn’t get my mom much closer to me, which is the other downside.

Money Money

Cost and prices are changing all the time. Bookkeeping is a mess. Hard to get a clear answer. Overpriced.

Have seen ,nice community

A good experience

My family had a good experience with Ashford Court.

My Dad was staying at another assisted living facility, but they could not handle his diabetes well enough. Ashford Court, and their on-site home healthcare services company, Homestead, did a great job supporting my Dad.

Medically, they did a great job managing his diabetes. And, as his medical needs increased, I was able to increase his level of care and add a la carte services (for instance, safety checks, and incontinence cleanup). Eventually, my Dad had to move into the memory care unit due to his dementia; he needed hospice support, which was provided in the memory care unit.

My Dad's apartment was small, but clean, bright and well maintained. He had a patio door that opened into an open courtyard that provided light, air and a nice openness. Staff cleaned the room once a week, which was a challenge that they handled well as my Dad tended to hoard things. My Dad was picky with respect to food, but found the 3 meals served daily to be fine - and he loved the fact that they had coffee and snacks available all day long.

I'm very happy that we found (through A Place for Mom) Ashford Court!

Rooms didn't have windows

My Father did not like this facility because he felt like there was too much walking to get to places. The way the rooms were set up seemed very odd. They were square rooms but it was at an angle. The bedrooms didn’t have windows and you couldn’t close the door to the living room. All of the staff members we met were very good and I would recommend this facility to other families.

The staff is really easy to work with. Sales manager [Removed] is amazing. She really make you feel welcome and like you really want to live there. My father is looking forward to being a part of this community. He cannot wait to move.

All ground floor units. Physical facility shows a little age but has a warm atmosphere. Age in place range of services is the best including separate wing for dementia residents. Last but certainly not least is pricing is the most competitive.

Nice Place!!

My father has recently moved into this community and so far everything has going well for him. The staff are great people and are attentive to his needs to the best of there ability. He has had no complaints about the meals and enjoys participating in the activities from time to time with the other residents. The only thing I wish is they had more of a long term memory care unit.

Wonderful facility! It is very bright and open, the staff are very attentive toward the residents. The facility is nice and clean, the apartments I was shown were very neat and clean, [Removed] is great! She is very kind and very attentive towards the residents and their needs.

SO far, so good...

My mother is doing pretty well adjusting since her move into this community. The meals have been kind of a hit or miss, some are pretty good and some not so much. I would say the cleaning and changing of bedding have been great. My mother really appreciates the gals cleaning. The biggest disappointment has been in medical portion.I was lead to believe it would that there would be more medical attention available but it is just one RN Monday through Friday and then one on call for the weekend.

Be leary!

The staff is friendly to the residents and they have a lot of good activities. This is a good place as long as there is no need for special care of any kind. They do not keep track if residents are attending dinner or report if they notice any health issues.

The assisted living area is poorly operated. I would not recommend Ashford Court if you feel any extra care will be needed down the road.

Heed the warnings of others and myself about the Director ([Removed]). I thought he was a pleasant person when we first dealt with him. However, he was the main reason we chose to move out after a year. He is dishonest and disrespectful. Deal with him only in writing!! He made up a rate for a larger room. After dealing with him for over a month, we managed to get a rate which was $1,000 dollars less. But his demeanor was so alarming that we chose to move anyway.

The staff is friendly and good to deal with in person. They are not good at returning phone calls. Over the course of a year, I heard several staff members complain about the Director and also Holiday Retirement.

The chefs changed along with kitchen staff so food was not consistent. It ranged from excellent to poor on a regular basis.

Lastly, the overall building could use updates. There were roof leaks and ants in apartments. I feel like the maintenance tried really hard, but were hindered by the top management.

I will not deal with them ever again as long as the current management is in place.

Ashford Court - Westland, MI

Liz was very nice. She gave us all the info we wanted and worked to get us the best options. The place was clean and the residents were all pretty happy and content. my mom needed nursing so we weren't able to move her in.

Ashford Court - Westland, MI

Clean place. Nice people. Different levels of care for residents. The man who is the manager is very informative and the people who live there seem to like him. The staff know the residents by name, which is important to my mom and our family. Would recommend to others.

Ashford Court - Westland, MI

Ashford Court has been a very nice place for my parents. Good food, nice apartments & loving kind people. Thank you Ashford for caring for my parents.

Ashford Court - Westland, MI

My mom lived here for about a year and a half before she passed away. She had fun in the community during her stay. There are lots of activities. The food is pretty good and residents of Ashford can have guests stay for meals. My mom was happy at Ashford and that made me and my brothers happy.

Ashford Court - Westland, MI

My dad has been at Ashford Court for nearly three years. He really enjoys is life there. The community is clean and the staff is like family.

Ashford Court - Westland, MI

Ashford was clean and there wasn't any smells. The sales woman was personal and kind. We tried a meal and it was good. They were outside our budget but we liked Ashford.

Homelike Atmosphere!

My father is doing great since his move to this community. He likes the staff, everyone is very friendly and make him feel very comfortable. The apartment is comfortable with plenty of room. The bathroom is kind of small, but he's managing. He has housekeeping come in once a week to help him out. They wash and change his sheets and towels, as well as wash the floors. The meals are provided for him and are nutritious and in good portions. They have a ton of activities. The placed overall is bright and cheery, we are very happy with our choice.

Wonderful environment, residents seem happy & comfortable. Employee always smiling.

Love, Love, Love this place.

Good Experience, Nice Community

I toured this community this community for my father and his needs. There were many factors that played into where to move my father too. This is a nice community, and everything I saw was nice and clean. The staff was friendly and nice. My questions were answered and they were informative as well. It was good experience, but not the place for us.

So far, so good. We visited several places in the area and liked Ashford Court for a combination of convenience to family, smaller size of facility (about 150 residents), cost and ability to add-on services to independent living. We're still in a difficult transition period with Mom.

Clean Place!!

The layout of the community unfortunately did not meet our needs. They only had one bed rooms available at the time we took our tour. The staff was really sweet and answered all of our questions. We also did get to see some interaction between the staff and the residents that was nice. Overall it's a nice community it just didn't workout for us and our needs.

What a joke!!!!!

This place is a joke!!!!! The food is awful and the management team is liars, especially the Director. He walks around with a smile on his face but it is fake. Some of his team tells my sister and I that he is only out for the mighty dollar and could care less about the residents. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

Excellent care

Very wonderful place , we are very happy our mother has moved in . The staff is friendly and engaging . Lots Of activities . The meals are very good . Highly recommend ! Paul from . A place for mom was very helpful .

Where do we go from here

My mother lives here at Ashford Court. The facility is clean in the Independent Living side but where my mom lives it is disgusting. The floors need to be done, carpet needs cleaned, old pictures and old smelly furniture. The Director only cares about making a dollar. He does not care about the residents well-being. It really is sad. He always tries to cover up problems instead of dealing with them.

Not the best place for Alzheimer's patients.

Things are going pretty good since moving my husband to Ashford Court. He is slowly getting adjusted but has Alzheimer's. The apartment is very nice. The food is good, he is eating quite well. They do lots of activities that he participates in some of them. I would say the workers need more training on how to deal with Alzheimer's patients though.

Review of Ashford Court - Westland, MI

nice facility and pleasant staff with a waiting list. Didnt like the fact that their prices go up and down regularly. Residents look agile and active.

My mom has been much happier since we moved her to Ashford Court. It's nice that they take her out of the building once a week.

We have been happy with them so far.

We have been happy with them so far. I would give them a five.

Pleasant

My brother is here and and the people are great with him. The staff has accommodated him very well. The place is clean and overall I would have to say arocss the board that our experience had been pleasant.

Good value just alot of extra expense for alot of things such as laundry service

Holiday Retirement is no holiday!

We moved my father into Ashford Court 5 years ago. The staff there are nice and friendly. About a year ago management changed to Holiday Retirement. Since then the mood has changed for the worst. Employees seem disconnected from the residence. The worst part is his rent has increased from [removed] when we moved him in to [removed] now. Contracts don't matter, they make up their rules as they go. I hate to move my father around at this stage in his life but I don't know what to do.

Toured this facility. Very nice. It is in my top 5 for choices s far.

It was clean, and the staff were engaging and friendly.

They had an outdoor courtyard, but they had very limited shade and the landscaping was minimal. It was clean, and the staff were engaging and friendly. They were very involved with the people and they all seemed very excited about the daily cookies. They seemed flexible. But they didn't have assisted living, independent only.

It's going very well

My mother is pleased and she is happy there. They do well with care activities, so it's been a good experience for us overall.

very decent

The food at Ashford Court is very decent for a care facility. The staff there seem to do their job pretty well, although they do seem to be a bit understaffed on the weekends. I have nothing negative to say about them. They have been good.

very helpful

The staff at Ashford Court have all been very helpful helping mother transition into her new home and life. They have been very friendly and accommodating. Anything you need they take care of immediately. They have been really wonderful.

I thought this place was clean, but very high priced.

I thought this place was clean, but very high priced.

Very nice home

This was a very stressful experience for my family. The staff members were all compassionate, understanding, and very helpful with this transition.

Mom likes this place. It is very clean and the staff is very nice to residents.

Very friendly staff

Our experience with Ashford Court has been a good one! Everyone here has been so nice, and they take great care of the people who live here! They also do an excellent job keeping families updated about the status of their loved ones. It's a very nice place overall, and worth a look if you're looking into senior living!

love it here

Excellent facility and excellent staff! Mom has moved in and getting used to everything. Lovely apartment, gracious staff, and the facility is immaculate. the other residents are friendly and welcoming as well.

It's always clean, and the staff is always friendly.

It's always clean, and the staff is always friendly. They really are a pretty good value, compared to some other places. They don't return my calls very frequently, though. They call me sometimes to help when my loved one isn't very nice, and I wonder why they call me, and what would they do if I didn't live close by.

Nice place

Things have gone very well with Ashford Court! It's a clean, well kept community, and the staff all seem very friendly! Everyone seems happy and well taken care of, and they have a good schedule of activities. And the food, while not exceptional, is pretty good!

Liked this very much but di...

Liked this very much but did not have any opening at this time. seemed like a good fit.

spoke with Erica, they have...

spoke with Erica, they have 5 to 8 activities per day on campus, mass also on campus. doctor visit once per week, Medicaid can help cover medical costs. they have a progressive program that will go from independence to memory care assistance Erica will be able to show us around anytime that is convenient, will send out info packet.

helpful and friendly people,aways wil...

helpful and friendly people,aways willing to go the extra mile to help and to keep everyone safe

Had good talk with director...

Had good talk with director; Stephen the chef stopped by while we were having lunch (delicious!) and talked -- very iterating guy. Favorably impressed with model apart. Walk-in closet and large, accessible bath room. Built in seat at end of shower. Names on waiting list.

Beautiful establishment! E...

Beautiful establishment! Everyone is just wonderful. Super friendly and inviting. So far, would highly recommend it!!!!

impressed with decor and pt...

impressed with decor and pts. seem well cared for. i am an RN at a local hospital- we got a pt. who was found lying on the floor at this facility for 24hrs.(?) with no one checking on them!...needless to say - that burst my bubble!

Very nice facility, but not...

Very nice facility, but not what my mom needs at this time. Not sure what prices would be with care added on.

I am considering this commu...

I am considering this community. It is close to family and priced right, I think. I need more help to know how much it will really cost to live there with memory care.

A New Beginning

I looked at a number of places within a certain budget and when I walked into Ashford Court I figured it was going to be out of our budget because it was such a nice large place. It has a large welcoming lobby, many other rooms for the tenants to go - library, craft room, game room and dining room. There are many activities and each day there seems to be transportation somewhere. My aunt just moved in this week so I will write back here after a few months to advise about her experience but so far she really seems to like it.

Homey

I thought it was very homey. I was surprised that my mother chose another place over this one but it was a personal preference. They made it into the final three options. They were lovely and clean. I would have been happy with them.

Assisted living barely squeaks by

It was an ok community for independent living but our loved one needed higher level of care. They do have assisted living here too but that care is provided by a secondary company and really for assisted living they barely squeaked by. This community would be fine for someone one who is independent and does not need that secondary care.

Nothing to improve on! Great Experience!

We did a lot of shopping around before we chose Ashford Court. The care is excellent. I can't speak to the activities to much because my friend had medical problems so she hasn't been able to participate yet.

I don't think there is anything they can improve on to be honest. The food is good, the staff is extremely friendly, they go out of their way to be helpful. There is onsite therapy and medical services. They were just overall a good experience.

Best Bang for the Buck

We chose Ashford Court because it was the best value for what they offered. We looked at a few other communities and some were a little nicer but the price was a lot higher, just wasn’t worth the price jump for the small differences. There is a couple of things they could do better, like my mom needs assistance taking a shower and they are suppose to be able to make it happen but sometimes they are not successful. They are trained to do that so seems like they could get just a little better there. They offer about 4 activities a day with a good variety. The appearance of the community really drew us in, it is very clean and overall and nice community.

No nurse on staff

No nurse on staff

Lovely. We had put a depos...

Lovely. We had put a deposit down and then Mom declined in health so we got the deposit back.

The Director was terrific and a great...

The Director was terrific and a great help, unfortunately the services that my father needs cannot be acquired there.

Very nice, friendly. Director helped ...

Very nice, friendly. Director helped alot. Open air facility with a variety of things to do. Clean and looking for ways to improve.

Nice facility. rooms look good.

Nice facility. rooms look good.

Visited and liked what I saw.

Visited and liked what I saw.

Seems like best option. Rooms aren't...

Seems like best option. Rooms aren't as nice as Oakmont--but programs and memory care seem adequate.

At Ashford Court, we provide all the comforts of home without the responsibilities of home. All our apartment suites include kitchenettes, private bathrooms, heating, air conditioning, and emergency call systems. Plus, with 24-hour staffing, you’ll have everything you need, when you need it.

Rent at Ashford Court includes regular housekeeping and linen services, daily social and recreational activities, scheduled transportation, most utilities, and much more!

Ashford Court is located in Westland, Michigan, just west of Detroit. Mere minutes from local shopping, dining, medical facilities, and the airport, Westland offers the comfort and hospitality of a small town with the convenience and culture of a big city nearby.