Review of Independence Village

It is a wonderful place to live or have your loved one there. The administration staff, nursing staff, ect. are exceptional. Most of the aids were very nice and did a very good job. Having an independent living area as well as assisted living was important to me. They also have as many activities available , there is always something to do.

Review of Independence Village

We were blessed to have our mother and father reside at IV! They found new friends, fun activities and a great staff to enrich their lives. thank you for providing a loving and caring environment for them.

Review of Independence Village

[name removed] and her new team went way beyond the call of duty for Dad. Everyone was so caring and patient. I couldnt have asked for better care for my father.

Review of Independence Village

Very clean, everyone is very careful they always try to help or answer questions.

Review of Independence Village

Mom enjoyed living at IV-Plymouth. Staff is attentive+kind. Lovely, dining+reception area. Clean!

Review of Independence Village

Close knit community sensitive to residents needs, offer many activities.

Review of Independence Village

I live in this community. I have lived here 4 years and I love it! The staff is wonderful. I think the word that best describes it is "Welcoming". The food is good and served in a lovely dining room at this time in my life what more could I ask for?

Mum loves this place!

Finding a place a parent to live is certainly a challenge. The team at Independence Village made the choice easy. Mum loves her apartment with a balcony. She can read to her hearts delight enjoying the fresh air. Mum enjoys the exercise classes that are offered 7 days a week. She also walks around the community which makes her hungry! She says the food is great although they should only give her a 1/2 portion. Not a bad problem to have. Mum feels comfortable and safe.
I am very happy that we chose Independence Village for Mum. Thanks for all you do!

Review of independence Village

Great place to live - great entertainment! great food served, friendly employees that work here. great helpful caregivers!! clean + refreshing place to live for my uncle.

Review of independence Village

Clean friendly, well maintained with good food and lots of activities. Mom loved it while she was here.

Review of Independence Village of Plymouth - Plymouth, MI

Per my wife who is in the community she says the food is very good. Timing on a daily basis for food is a little problem. Its not served at the same time every day. Activities are very good.
Building is clean, elevator repair is very slow (bad problem). [Removed] is the best support person on the staff.

Fits my needs.

Review of Independence Village of Plymouth - Plymouth, MI

Anyone who loves their job is truly blessed. [Removed] is such a person. Her kindness and caring attitude toward our mother is more akin to that of a family member. I will never forget her, she is my “sister”. It is a fine community to live in and to enjoy life.

Excellent condition of facilities. Age in place range of services is very good. Highest pricing of the group.

Choose Wisely

My father resided at Independence Village from approximately September 2015-Aril 2017. Originally he lived in independence living but was later moved to assisted living (same building different area). I would say the staff is on par with other facility but the facility does offer many activities and services. In hindsight though if your love one has Alzheimer this is not the facility I would choose. As the disease progressed the staff and the facility are not trained or equipped to deal with declining cognitive abilities. We were told in the end that we either had to come get him and take him home or have someone come stay with him due to the difficulties of caring from him (we even signed up for "Home Care Services") a third party service that provides additional help. Since this community does not offer a memory care unit I would advise looking elsewhere. It's not that we didn't know the disease was progressive but we were shocked that no warning was giving that we should look into moving him. We certainly knew the calls for various issues were increasing but nobody sounded the alarms and we got the ultimatum call right out of blue. GET HIM OUT! This led to a mad scramble to find him a memory care unit which was quite daunting. In the end we did find a new great facility but it was a difficult time. And yes we visited him at least twice a week so we were very hands-on."

Erin Kessler

We are very sorry to hear of your frustration with your experience in our community. We work very diligently to help families manage the later stages of life for their loved ones with safety, care, dignity, and compassion. You are correct that at Independence Village of Plymouth we do not specialize in advanced dementia and Alzheimer’s care; therefore, there are times we have to work with families to transition their loved one to an environment that can provide the highest quality of specialized services.

Review of Independence Village of Plymouth - Plymouth, MI

We were here participating in a program for the residents. Everyone seemed very happy with the program. Enjoyed talking to a few of them, one on one afterward. Very nice people here!

Review of Independence Village of Plymouth - Plymouth, MI

Residents and service people very friendly. Facilities looked very well maintained and beautiful dinning room.

Review of Independence Village Of Plymouth Plymouth, MI

My Mother has lived in Ind. Vil. of Ply. for 5 plus years now. During this time, I've been within the facility at least 3 plus times/week. I've been very impressed with the operational knowledge that exists between the local mgmt, housekeeping, maintenance, culinary services and Laurus care specialists especially considering the senior residential personalities and their relatives and friends. The recent upgrades are great and I'm glad this operation is here in Plymouth.

Review of Independence Village Of Plymouth Plymouth, MI

I need more help than I get. Cannot afford to add to my rent. (I eat no lunch to keep expense down and stable.) I do my best and I suppose they do too. No help with studio bed costs extra and help with shower, Again, I can't add to my rent so I manage.

Review of Independence Village Of Plymouth Plymouth, MI

I have lived here for 2 1/2 years and have loved every minute. Facility is attractive and maintained well. Staff is warm and caring on all levels, and I am able to keep my independence.

Review of Independence Village Of Plymouth Plymouth, MI

This is a great place to live. Staff are so friendly and helpful. They all know you by name and greet you. Food is great. Joy Singers so much fun. Lots of activities. Such a warm and caring community and staff.

Good food, varied menu. Beautiful grounds and well kept. Clean building. Excellent Executive Director! Great orientation upon move in. Pleasant atmosphere in general.

Need for staff education of the blind

Loves the musical entertainment. Will be 106 -in 2 weeks- This is a very pleasant home in my very old age. I take part in bingo, exercise, and bible study.
Since I am almost blind. I see a need for staff education of the blind.

Training needed for better blind care

A very nice facility. My mother is -105- enjoys the 9 months she has lived here. However some training for the caregivers in working with the blind would be helpful.
The staff is caring and basically helpful with her.

Best Choir

Best choir director ever!

Friendly and Lively

Friendly and Lively

Superior Location

A superior location and place to live.

Great Place

This is a great place, fabulous food and great activities.

Like Family

It's like family. She has many wonderful friends and engaging activities.

Everyone is helpful

Our aunt is very involved in the community. Everyone is very helpful.

Book Club and Choir

My mother really enjoys the activities- Book Club and Choir

Great Community

This is a great community. They have so many activities for their residents.

A Warm Caring Home

I have visited my dear friend for years and shared dinner with her. I'm a hair dresser at and assisted living facility also in Plymouth. This is a warm, caring home, Clean- Great Activities and programs!

A great facility for all people as they age - keeping them young at heart

Wonderful show. Reminds me of being a child and going to the movies. Everyone did so great. What a fantastic program for seniors. A great facility for all people as they age - keeping them young at heart.

Great Entertainment: Choir Shows

Very entertaining the residents really get into their parts. Very enjoyable. It took a lot of their problems away and they were all great in their parts.

Welcoming atmosphere

Very friendly staff, especially [removed]. Clean. Welcoming atmosphere.

Excellent Facility

Excellent facility, safe, clean and engages residents in everything.

Very Happy

My father has lived at Independence Village of Plymouth since 2014 and has been very happy living there. He is well cared for physically and emotionally. He enjoys the food and the choir!

I walked in and just knew this was the place for me!

6 years ago I walked in through the front door into the lobby and told my daughter this was the lace I was going to move to and I have never regretted that decision. And I am going to stay here as long as possible.

Marvelous

It was marvelous happy fun program.

Lovely

Was beautiful and very nice and lovely.

Home sweet home

Wonderful community at Independence Village which gives our citizens a wonderful feeling of "home sweet home" and a sense of belonging.

A fun place to live

Excellent friendly caring staff. A fun place to live.

Awesome Staff

Awesome Staff!
Great Place!

This community is a cozy throwback

This community is a cozy throwback with the feel of front porches, friendly neighbors and a lively town square. All this in a safe, clean and exemplary building!

Wonderful- Friendly Setting

Wonderful- Friendly Setting. Great food and activities. :-)

Amazing Staff

The staff is amazing and there are so many activities!

Great choir concerts!

The choral concert was great!

So glad we chose this as a move for my mom.

A very loving family- Staff work very hard to makes everyone welcomed and loved. They work hard to keep the place very clean, fresh and lovely.
So glad we chose this as a move for my mom.

Love the meals and staff

Love the meals, the help and the admin.
I love that the help always say "Hi" and calls my mom by her name. It makes it seems so homey and friendly. I love that there are so many choices of activities.

Great dining and entertainment

Love [removed], staff, rooms (personal), dining areas, the idea that they can pick their meals. We brought my step mother two weeks before she moved in for choir. She loves music. She can't remember what she ate 10 minutes later but loves to sing. In 2008-2012 my dad and his friend were here. So many different activities. I can't thank all the staff that work or are involved here enough.

Several Visits

I have visited a friend here a long time ago. I know several people who live here now.

Staff is simply amazing

[Removed] and her staff are simply amazing! [Removed] knows every resident by name, has kind words and compassion for every person, resident or visitor. The activities are great too! Mom is so happy here and we are pleased with Individual Village!

Everyone is happy and friendly!

Everyone is happy and friendly!
My sister is living here and she is very busy and has lots of new friends.
The staff is wonderful!

A Very Pleasant Community

Observed lots of happy smiling faces with lots of things to do for seniors. A very pleasant community!

While they have been a few hiccups. The aids who have been working with my mom have. For the most part been very kind to her.
[Removed] have especially kind.

I am very happy here, good meals, cleaning, having laundry and various activities to participate in.
Those working here are kind and very helpful.

I know it’s where I need to be at 99, but its not like being home. I need lots of time for being alone so I can read, write letters and keep in touch with the few people who will want the same and less business for America they all need donations and I’m. It’s expensive for me, but I’m not going to live forever or am I? Best of those.

Ind. Village of plymouth was highly recommended. Our father has lived here for over a year and is very happy here. The team is very caring and supportive. The are open to suggestions for new outings and activities. The food is delicious.

[Removed] and [Removed] provided a great tour and care about the welfare of their residents neatly. I would recommend it.

This community was wonderful for my father. The staff is helpful and caring. The facility is clean and inviting. And the food is fabulous!
I highly recommend Independence Village of Plymouth!

The shuttle bus driver, Gary, is so kind. He helped me so much in the pouring rain, steering around to get me as close to the door as possible. He ended up soaking wet himself. What a nice guy!

I have lived in this home for 1 ½ years. It in run by employees that are very helpful to the residents in every possible. It is so clean, with a beautiful dining room and café for breakfast, the outside is charming – lots of trees, flowers and grass – it makes a great place to take a walk. It deserves A++.

Everyone in this facility has turned into family. They truly care about the residents, and as a daughter of one of the residents, they have become extended family for me a well.
My mom recently passed and I feel blessed d by their help and support during the years she lived there.

Very beautiful setting and décor. Lots of activities for everyone.
Clean fresh smells and flowers fabulous menu.

Independence Village of Plymouth is a wonderful place to live. I works in the respite apartment for several weeks and am very appreciative of the staff and residents who touched my life every day. It is a very caring environment. They listen, they follow through, and they look for ways to help.

I have been to many senior living residents as someone playing piano to entertain or as a seminar instructor speaking about pre planning or as the wife of a pastor, visiting our church family. Independence Village of Plymouth along with its executive director [Removed], is top notch! It’s a very clean facility, lovely décor and you can see and notice the sincere care the staff and [Removed] have for their residents there.

I help my wife deliver donated flowers to residents. They are so happy with the people who work here and happy to live here. They are treated with respect.

A wonderful community with kind and hospitable employees!
Thank you so much for your wonderful services!

The people who work at Independence Village are so friendly and accommodating.
I deliver donated flowers weekly and its one of my favorite places to deliver. They have an excellent rapport with their residents and it is a place I recommend to others.

I like living here because it always clean and they kept it up. Is beautiful because the flowers are everywhere.
The staff is very friendly – and always available to help you.
The director is outstanding.
The joy singer keep me happy.
I made many wonderful friends.
I feel real safe here.

We made the best choice!

Independence Village of Plymouth is a large community and looks beautiful and inviting on the outside. With [Removed], you could not ask for a better management team. With their care and understanding of the residents and their families needs, they help to make this community run smoothly. My husband is acclimating quite well and learning the routines. They provide plenty of activities for the residents. In my husband's case, he can go downstairs and just falls into whatever is going on. He has a very nice and clean room, very quiet with all the things he needs in his room. They provide opportunities for outside trips for shopping and other planned activities. I would definitely recommend Independence Village of Plymouth to friends and family. We know we made the best choice for his needs.

My friend spent three happy year here. Great location (She over looked the back courtyard and park!); lots of interesting activities and events; loving/caring staff; good food. This became home and residents and staff became family!

"The hard decision "

Independence Village of Plymouth is an excellent place to consider when you are faced the decision of what to do with your aging parents . The staff is so very caring. They have many events and entertainment for the seniors. They love it. I understand the food is great. I can only hope that Independence Village is around in my "Golden Years"

This facility is very attractive and well maintained. Very welcoming to residents and guests. Great food!

Impressive, clean, love that residents can decorate / personalize the outdoor patios as well as their rooms.

Wonderful presentation. Great concept.

Have visited this facility for chamber events and for potential loved ones.
Very friendly and clean.

Independence Village is a beautiful, warm welcoming space. The staff is attentive and kind, and the food is spectacular.

Wonderful food.
Warm welcome.
Beautiful community.

What a wonderful impact Independence Village has our community.

The community is beautiful and very inviting. Every time I come to this community I am greeted with a smile and feel welcomed.

Top facility.
Food and service are the best.

A clean and friendly place. We were treated very well, and saw great interaction between staff and residents.

Mom's Care and comfort

The care at this community is very good. We like that the staff are helpful and caring to her needs of my mom. We like that the menu is appealing with a nice variety. They do offer activities. for the residents. We would recommend this community for the care of a family member for the value and the care that families receive for a loved one.

Independence Village of Plymouth is a wonderful community to live in. Everyone on staff is very friendly, knowledgble and helpful. They are available to offer help and advice. If there was a problem they did their best to resolve it. It is kept clean and recently added some new improvements. They have a variety of programs, activities, etc. to be of interest to everyone. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a place for themselves or loved ones.

These people go above and beyond in caring for and assisting the residents. I have nothing but great praise for Independence Village of Plymouth and all their staff.

The staff at Independence Village – Plymouth in all areas are outstanding I never encountered anymore who was not extremely kind, considerate and helpful. My mom was a resident for nearly 5 years before recently moving to memory care. She was always well cared for and protected.

Outstanding community with a superb staff. I couldn’t be more pleased.

I observed the kindness of my friends, housekeeper and was so happy she chose Independence Village to live at!

Clean, friendly, polite. Very few issues. Vanessa’s flowers, Plymouth, MI.

Nice, helpful and courteous staff. Well maintained facilities and grounds.

It looks very good. Nice place. United landscaping.

Mom!

My mom moved into Independence Village a week ago. She has enjoyed every moment. There are activities, outings exercise class and a gym for her to enjoy. The staff are friendly and happy. Did I mention the food? Mom tells me the food is great! Thank you to all who helped Mom feel comfortable in her new home!

Wonderful experience!!

The lady that gave my mother and I a tour of this community was very friendly and had a lot of great information to offer us. She made sure to take her time and answer any questions that we had for in detail. My mom just did not like how big the facility was and wanted a smaller living environment.

Review of Independence Village of Plymouth

As a four year resident I have noticed the cut backs in the dining room. Skimpy portions especially. Now we are supposed to bring a container if you want to take part of your dinner home. Low class.
Our staff from our director down to the R.A.'s are very friendly and helpful and I am content to be here.

Meeting a [Removed] [Removed] was a life changer for [Removed]. Offer Warmth, sincerity and genuine love for all close around her sealed the deal for us. [Removed] and her staff have become family to us. Life is good here!

Lovely place to be. The staff here is wonderful! They are always ready to help.
They encourage a “family” atmosphere.

Caring staff, good variety of events and outings.

Very friendly, excellent food, excellent patios and activities.
Would like shuttle service and more activities than, but it is improving.
Staff is usually responsive our comments.

The aides that especially work in the day are incredible human beings. My mother was very elderly and needed a lot of assistance, but they were all so kind, compassionate and loving. I felt like I could go home and my mom was in good hands which meant the world to me. [Removed] [Removed] is the reason why this facility has such loving, quality people. She is truly an asset.

Very clean, neat. Very well good community.

Each day is a gift from god. Living here at Independence Village Plymouth let me enjoy it to the fullest.
Many thanks to all those into make this possible.

Food good.
Serving seems slow.
Independence Village – Hour too long to eat!

Care and Comfort

This is a great community for care. The staff is caring and attentive. We liked the cleanliness of the community. The menu offers a healthy choice of meals. They do offer activities for the residents.We would recommend this community for the care and the value.

Very friendly, well kept up and homey. Some planting needs to the replaced and to upkeep the village. Beautiful area!

10th July it will be my 39th year living in Independence Village Plymouth. I have made a big friends, at 96 I find that there is enough going on here to keep me occupied and interested, Yesterday I took a trip to a zoo using a walker, a walker is sometimes challenging out action, They made sure I was solo, god and saw what I most wanted to see, the staff is wonderful starting with our executive direction down, what more can I ask for, where may be a swimming pool.

Erin Kessler

Thank you, Eliane! We are incredibly lucky to have had the opportunity to provide a happy and comfortable home for you, for so many years! We are also so happy to hear how appreciative you are of our amazing Executive Director, Debbie Hall. Our company is defined by the work our employees perform on a daily basis, so reviews like yours make us only that much more proud. Thank you!

I have been here of on two years and really like it. The crew that work here are just great and so friendly. Like a large family and management is wonderful, excellent crew.

I like being here.

The people in this village are very friendly. [Removed], [Removed] and her staff go out of their way to make the village a very pleasant place to live.

Residents and staff are super friendly. Staff goes 100% to please us.

I enjoy living here. So good, great activities. Good Food!

The food is magnificent. There is a family atmosphere. It smells good and I have a sensitive sniffer! Everybody is friendly especially the head [Removed]. She brings god into our lives.

I moved here in 2015, approaching 80 and in good heart. I had my eye on it for several years, now, 2 years, later I could not be more content. I love it here! The outside is attractive and the insides as well.
The “public” areas are inviting and well kept. The many activities, trip-, entertainment are available to everyone. The staff is exceptionally kind and the business is run with considerable accumulation. Wonderful food/appealing dining room.

Have this place I’m 88 plus plan on ending my days here!

I have lived here about 2 years and am very happy here. There is late to do here for activities and the room are very nice. All the staff and the resident are pleasant and very helpful. I’m so glad that I found of Independence Village.

I chose Independence Village Plymouth for my retirement community because my children lived nearby, I was comfortable with its size and amenities and most importantly, the friendliness and acceptance proffered (and delivered) by the staff. [Removed] [Removed], Director was especially helpful and for me she sealed the deal. Independent Villages, Inc is fortunate to have [Removed] in their employ.

Everyone is so helpful because I don't do things for myself. I like everyone here

I enjoy everything here but I really love the staff. They are so nice and friendly

I like everything here. I have great friends to do things with. This is my home.

I like most everything. I am very happy here. I have been here 1 & 1/2 years

I like the new activities and the outings. It gives me the independence I enjoy while getting the help I need

There are a lot of caring, helpful people who work at Plymouth. They helped me take care of my aunt in her final years. The executive director and ladies at the front desk help me resolve issues that come up often with the care of an elderly person. The aids were nice. There are lots of activities to choose from.

Nice Community, Loved Ones are Well Here

Our loved ones are doing well since their move to this community. The location is close to us, so we can go check on them whenever we want to. It is a good community, and so far everything is working out well. The community looks nice, and well-kept. This is a community I would recommend overall, it is a nice place.

Everyone is so helpful because I can't do things for myself. I like everyone here

I have enjoyed the companionship. Meeting new friends, going to the different groups and making friends over some wonderful meals.

I enjoy everything here, but I really love the staff. They are so nice and friendly

Highly Recommend

I highly recommend Independence Village!

My mother lives there and it is a beautiful place! The staff is nice and attentive. Food is excellent! We have joined the Sunday brunches and they are close to 5 star meals.

This is a well run facility with a fantastic staff! They check in on the residents regularly and communicate to the family. We have dealt with everyone from the kitchen staff, the nursing staff, the cleaning crew, the salon, and the front office. Each person has been extremely caring and helpful.

The only things that I would change are minor, but I will list them to provide insight.

- They could use a larger place on the main floor for activities. They have really talented musicians that perform but the residents are often crowded around the lobby couches.

- They could modernize the front desk. Some messages don't get from the night crew to the day crew since they still write notes to one another.

- Perhaps they could have two separate dining times. The large tables in the dining room make it difficult for the hard of hearing to communicate while dining. It would be nice to have smaller, more intimate tables. This may also allow for extra space for the entertainment.

With a few tweaks they would be perfect! They are really close to perfect as is!

I have been here 3 yrs. and have found nothing to complain about.
Good food, good service.

Very happy here. Staff is kind and helpful. Good variety of activities plus entertainers bought in from other places ; pianists, singers etc, outside activities are also available including trip to doctors officers a nice variety of food is served in the large room by courteous staff. What make everything work well is our outstanding director, [Removed]

This is a great place to live – friendly, helpful people, great food and many activities.

This is a good place to spend your last years.
There are many activities the staff is kind and helpful. The place is clean and like staff works to keep it clean.
The menu has many choices.

My grandma currently lives at the community. She loves living there. We see her making friends on a daily basis, she is very involved in activities, but she also likes to keep to herself. We made the right choice bringing her here. It is also so welcoming and you feel the love from all.

Satisfied. There are ways to improve service and hopefully we are always alert the opportunities.

Excellent caring staff, wonderful amenities. Great food. Cozy living spaces. Felt like home.

I have resided here 3yrs. I have an active, fulfilling, happy life with many friendships. Though I must deal with active cancer issues, I maintain my independence and am secure in the knowledge that assistance is at hand. I enjoy the activities and events I participate in and am able to contribute in positive ways to our population. I am deeply grateful for the sense of community and the genuine caring approach given lovingly by every employee here (top to bottom). I am truly blessed to be living here and happily recommend it as a wonderful place to live, or in which to place a loved one.

My mom, [Removed] lived at Independence Village for almost 2 years until her passing on 2-1-17. The management and staff was exceptional. The care takers on her floor treated her as family. They were loving and compassionate and treated her with dignity. Even the kitchen help treated her kindly. I cannot say enough about the joy my mom found at Independence Village.

The facility and employees were top shelf. The food and service were amazing. I highly recommend this facility to anyone. There is no other senior independent living community that even compares to Independent Village of Plymouth. Keep up the good work.

Enjoyable

Happy with so many things, clean, lots of activities, good food. Nice staff

Independence Village of Plymouth - Plymouth, MI

Staff tries so hard to keep pt's who are mainly in bed turned often and pt's (residents) skin is in wonderful condition! Thank you for caring for your residents and their skin!

Facility is fine, not enough health care

Not enough aides, which means my dad is often in bed wet and waiting for someone to come. Food is OK, lunch is boring (same sandwiches over and over)

No regrets!

My mother moved to IV one year ago from out-of-state and was anxious about the move. Her concerns were quickly put to rest due to the personal care and attention given by ALL IV staff members. Simple things like knowing her name as she walked down the hall, or passed through the lobby, meant so much to her and still do! This IV team of professionals may begin with the Front Desk personnel and Community Specialists (first points of contact), but continues all the way through their entire team (wait staff, maintenance workers, activities team, bus driver, etc)! No regrets in choosing Independence Village under the direction of Debbie Hall.

Independence Village of Plymouth - Plymouth, MI

My father moved here three weeks ago and he is very happy here. The facility is well maintained and is clean. Everyone that works here has been so friendly. The food served in the dining room is exceptional. There are numerous activities every day with something for everyone. I am so happy that my father lives here!

Independence Village of Plymouth - Plymouth, MI

I am so happy that my father is in such a beautiful environment. The place is clean and full of smiling workers. I love how everyone loves my dad. The person at the front desk at 3:00 P.M. is wonderful.

Independence Village of Plymouth - Plymouth, MI

My parents lived in this community for 3 1/2 years before their death. From the moment I toured IV, I felt the spirit of caring, professionalism and compassion between staff and residents. As I spoke to staff & residents there was a sense of pride in the community. Residents care about each other. My parents were born again Christians and there was an environment to support their Christian needs. I can't say enough about the very positive experience we all experienced at IV of Plymouth has my highest recommendation!

Independence Village of Plymouth - Plymouth, MI

My parent has lived here for about a year, and overall, we are very pleased. The help is always friendly and very respectful - the aides and front desk staff are wonderful. My parent likes the food served here and the activities she is actively taking part in. No place is perfect but I think we feel genuinely cared for - there is a great atmosphere of family.

Independence Village of Plymouth - Plymouth, MI

They have a sincere interest in taking care of the residents. They cooperate in working issues as they arise.

Independence Village is a well maintained, safe independent living community. Friendly courteous staff. Will opportunity to socialize.

Both my father & mother-in-law were residents of this community. The staff is very professional, but kind & responsive to the needs of the residents & their families. The facility is clean and well cared for, many activities are planned for the residents. Independence Village of Plymouth was “home” for my loved ones.

In the 2½ years I have lived here, it has become my home & I am happy here. Even though I have cancer, I live independently; but I am secure with the knowledge that help is always available should I need it. I am engaged in interesting activities, have many friends & count this residence, the management team, day-time receptionist, housekeeping, maintenance, dining, activities, and room assistance among my many blessings. I love it here & would recommend it to anyone.

High Praise for Independence Village!

I can't speak highly enough of the staff and facilities at Independence Village of Plymouth. The staff really cares for its guests just like family. The food is 5-star restaurant-level quality! It was the best choice we could have made for my Dad.

Great decision

My mom decided to move to Independence Village a few months ago. The staff have been warm, friendly, professional and supportive all the way through the process. The front desk staff has been helpful, cooperative, understanding and encouraging towards to residents. Matt has been very helpful and always honest. The variety of activities and positive environment have eased the transition. Thanks to the entire team!

Review of Independence Village Of Plymouth - Plymouth, MI

Never realized how much I would enjoy the big "family" with so many activities, developing close relationships, great food and lovely environment!

Review of Independence Village Of Plymouth - Plymouth, MI

I have attended events and visited with residents at Independence Village of Plymouth. The food and ambiance was consistently excellent. Also, the staff goes out of their way to be helpful and friendly. I would be happy to live there myself some day!

A Special "Home"

My mother and father moved to Independence Village together. Sadly, my father passed away less than two years later. Mom was never alone, though. Independence Village offers activities such as day trips, clubs, bingo, and there is always someone sitting on the "homey" sofas and chairs around the fireplace in the shared living room/lobby who can be engaged in conversation.
Mom's only handicap was her poor eyesight so she greatly enjoyed the stimulating activities--the games, the contests, the conversation clubs. She also made many friends there.
Every year in her Christmas letter to friends she would comment, "I thank God every day that He helped me find my way here."
I cannot say enough about the wonderful staff. There are so many loving, kind staff members who lift this facility to great heights, from the director to the financial manager to the front desk to the dinning room, etc.
When mom passed away, she was in her own lovely apartment at Independence Village. We were able to have on site help as well as hospice assistance for her final days.
My entire experience with Independence Village gave complete peace of mind. I can, without any hesitation, recommend this amazing place, this "home" for your loved ones.

Mom's New Home

Independence Village Plymouth was a true blessing for my Mom Carolyn and our family.

Due to life event, my mom was unable to continue to live on her own. IVP came as a recommendation from another family member and we are thrilled with the quality of life it have created for everyone involved.

My mom is in a safe and beneficial environment where her needs are met on a daily basis. The staff is extremely friendly and knowledgeable of the level of care and attention that each resident requires. My mom had challenges with remembering to take her medications at the required intervals - and the staff now manages that portion of her care with their expertise.

The leasing agent (Matt) who we had worked with was a Godsend for creating the perfect solution so that everyone involved (myself, my family and certainly Carolyn) was well taken care of.

My wife Cheryl and I could not be happier with the choice we made to have my mom's new address be at Independence Village.

Mom deserved better

My mother lived at Independence Village of Plymouth for 3 1/2 years until her death. While she enjoyed the social activities and the staff at the front desk, the pull cord response time was slow and the dining room workers were immature, dismissive, and constantly understaffed. No provisions were made available for high blood pressure, low-sodium, or diabetic diets with the response "we don't add salt" as an excuse when high sodium commercial bases, sauces, and broths are used in the kitchen. Countless times my mother, a CHF patient, would lose edema while in a skilled nursing center then quickly balloon back up when eating at Independence Village -- again with her breathing compromised. This always lead to another hospitalization. This cycle could have been averted with a low sodium diet. Following her death the family was shocked at being billed for meals and services on site when in fact Mom was in hospital and not even at the facility. It makes us question the validity of previous charges that were paid. If we knew then what we know now, I think our mother would have experienced less hospitalizations and had a better quality of life in a different, more health conscious facility.

Cassie McDonagh

Independence Village of Plymouth also share in the loss of your dear mother. We are blessed to have had the opportunity to share life with her. We always value feedback and the chance to address areas of concern. As an Independent Living Community with enhanced services it is important for us to offer an autonomous lifestyle based on each residents own terms. With our restaurant style dining there are healthy options available, but each resident has the ability to choose accordingly. While we cannot enforce what might be considered “best” for our older adults, we do provide education on why certain selections make most sense for chronic conditions. Thank you once again for this opportunity to provide clarity.

Favulous place if Assisted Living is needed.

My family had another place already picked out for my mom, however, I was going to check a few more places to confirm that our first pick was the best. After talking to my advisor, Gail, at Senior Advisor.com and explaining what we were looking for, she gave us the information about Independence Village. She had toured Independence Village and was very enthusiastic about it. We took a tour and were given choices of different rooms and signed up immediately that same day.

My mother is very happy with her rooms and with the whole community. She is very glad we were there to help her and to pick such a beautiful place. The staff is very helpful and friendly.

the staff are very open to making any activity available

At Independence Village of Plymouth the staff are very open to making any activity available that the resident would like. They like to keep the residents happy. The only thing I would change is they have too many staff members that I have to talk to. i would like that stream lined. I would also prefer more e-mail rather than them calling me. Every time I hear the phone ring I think it's an emergency. Other than that everything is going well.

They gave my grandmother the wrong meds more than once, left her in a soiled bed until 12:30, [removed], locked her in her room when she was in bed and unable to get up on her own, and told us at 1 am (upon returning from the hospital after a fall) that she could no longer be cared for there and that we would need to stay with her 24 hours a day starting immediately

irina olgart

Hello, I am so sorry to hear about the experience you and your grandmother have had and would like to address this situation immediately. Please call me directly at [removed] or email me at [removed] so that I can personally correct this situation. At Independence Village of Plymouth, we take great pride in caring for our residents. I will personally address these concerns and the care of your grandmother. Thank you for reaching out.

Sincerely,

Debbie Hall, Executive Director

Nice place

It is a nice place and the staff seem nice. They do offer a nursing staff there, which is nice. I think it's great but my mother-in-law is still adjusting, but I think she'll come around.

Review of Independence Village of Plymouth Independent Living in Plymouth, MI

Remodeled Hilton. LARGE dining are w/lots of tables for 4 - indep. Second dining on 3rd floor, lots of windows. Urine smell on 4th floor. Outdoor area weak. Entryway not impressive.Very accommodating. Many choices. Promo for Sept, move in by Oct.Slow elevators.

Luxury retirement

Luxury retirement

We would consider living he...

We would consider living here if it were not for the unreasonable fees associated with pets ($[removed] deposit and $50/month) . They seem to be designed to discourage pet owners. Good food, but high in calories so not appropriate for diabetics. We were told , 'Residents manage their own diets,' but how is that possible with limited menu choices?

Everything is going great!

Everything is going great! He loves it. There are no concerns or complaints. We are very happy with it.

Lack of Heart Healthy, Low Sodium Menus

My mother lives in an Assisted Living apartment at Independence Village of Plymouth. We were very surprised and not pleased that, while the food is well prepared and plentiful, there are no provisions for heart-healthy or lower sodium options; nor is calorie and ingredient information available. My mother retains fluids and must carefully watch her salt and processed foods intake. It is hard for her to make wise dietary choices with no direction from the kitchen staff. Cafeterias and restaurants throughout the country operate with established menus and recipes, therefore one would think that this useful information would be provided by Independence Village. In some states publication of this data is mandatory.

Not a great fit for us

We toured this location when looking into options for a loved one, and it was not one of our favorites. It was clean, and the staff we spoke with were friendly, but it had a very institutional feel. It wasn't the atmosphere we were looking for.

Wonderful Staff

We are very pleased. In particular we love the supportive staff, everyone from maintenance to administration to people that provide the supportive services to all the young people in the dining room. They create a wonderful atmosphere. My parents don't particularly involve themselves in the activities, my dad is 97 and my mom is 94 and they're not very mobile, but if they chose to be more active they certainly could be. They have a nice one bedroom apartment with a full kitchen.

BIG!

Overwhelmingly big. It used to be a big hotel. Definitely too big for my mom.

Wonderful!

I'm pleased with it - they're great and the value is good too. Everybody is friendly, the food is good, the service is good and the caretakers are just wonderful. There are all different kind of atcivities but my mother doesn't participate in those so I won't go into that. They're just wonderful!

Independence Village is a beautiful p...

Independence Village is a beautiful place, with wonderful staff and administrators. The director was wonderful-from the initial phone call through the time I left the building. I was impressed that, although the building is quite large, it was obvious that the residents were happy to be there.

visited on 10/11/11 and spoke at leng...

visited on 10/11/11 and spoke at length with the director - nice environment, great activities and transportation services, very close to my home, might be a bit too expensive. one negative - It seems like they sometimes move seniors from one apartment to another if they become more frail. Overall still a decent option.

Nice

Nice

Nestled alongside scenic Hines Parkway in beautiful Plymouth, Michigan, Independence Village of Plymouth offers the finest in senior living. Choose from a variety of private apartment homes ranging from quaint studios through spacious two bedroom homes. Offering both Independent Living and Enhanced Living services, find the perfect care services for your needs with Independence Village of Plymouth.