Sunrise of Northville - Plymouth, MI

Staff was extremely friendly and engaged with residents. Residents were active and pleasant. Design felt like "home" and seniors needs were the focus. Remodeling updates in process showed commitment to the residents. [Name removed] was very helpful. We will be back with Mom.

Really nice place. Looks very lively for residents who all look really happy!

The facilities were very nice but the staff was a little loud.

Beautiful facility. Out of my mother's price range.

I scheduled an appointment yesterday at 4:00pm and received a confirmation email. I went to the appointment, but the facility didn't have my appointment and the contact person was not there. The activity director showed gave me a brief tour. While I was touring, various aides were standing in the hallway on cell phones, or seemed like they were doing nothing. They took me to see a dirty unclean room that someone just moved out. It smelled and it was horrible. I would never place my parents in this facility.

Sunrise Senior Living

Good Morning - We are sorry to hear about your scheduling & tour experience at our community. We do take your comments very seriously and would like to speak with you further. Please do consider emailing information (at) sunriseseniorliving (dot) com with your contact information so that we can reach out to you to learn more. Thank you. - The Sunrise Team

My dad was happy here

My dad had vascular dementia and they cared for him very well. It was neat and clean. The social worker was nice and kind. They would engage all the residents to join the daily activities, they went on bus trips.

Need 24/7 care-look here

The most important thing is my Mom is happy here! Yes, 24/7 care is expensive but necessary in my mom's case and renting an apartment and having live-in help was a lot more money. The caregivers are very supportive, friendly and helpful. The residents are right down the road from many restaurants, movie theaters, and shopping. They have scheduled luncheons, shopping, church, and excursions each week available with a shuttle bus.

First impression is the place is too dark, seems like lights are not turn on, odd. Pricing is competitive but there are better choices.

Nice & clean. Has resident dog. Higher cost than other places. Near to [Removed] Aunty

The facility is really nice and we had a great tour.

Care for family.

We toured this community for care. We liked the staff who made us feel welcome and she was able to answer the questions we had and it seemed like they cater to the needs of the residents. We liked that our families like the menu. They do have activities for the residents to participate. We really liked the rooms were small and we needed a bigger room for her. We would recommend that others tour this community.

Could have some improvements!!

My mother has really been struggling on making the transition into this community. The staff seem to be kind people and helpful with some of her needs but I am seeing some of her things slowly disappear and I am not happy about that. That is my biggest complaints at the moment with her jewelry as well as other personal items.

Disappointing Experience

I had very disappointing experience with this community. They did not provide my mother with good care. I felt like I had too watch over my mother to make sure she was being cared for well. It was not a good fit for my parents, and their needs.

We like Sunrise!

I live in another state, however I have visited this community and it has always been clean. We have good communication with the staff and they answer our questions. They offer daily activities and mom seems to like the food. We found that the price range was fair.

I was very impressed with Sunrise. I'm not sure when were going to be ready to do this since mom is definatly not ready. I do like the option of putting down a deposit and getting on the wait list. I will revisit this after the holidays. Thank you

In the line up!

The staff here was very, very friendly and accommodating with us. They gave us a great tour. This was the one we wanted they just didn't have any room at the time. Very nice community though.

We looked all over, and came back to Sunrise

What an amazing place! Its beautiful decor, compassionate staff, and variety of services are second to none. We toured several area facilities for our loved one, and came back to Sunrise of Northville because it's the perfect size for personalized care. You can tell that the staff are selected for their respect and affection for the frail elderly, and they care for our family member with dignity and respect.

The menu choices for each meal are lavish and well-thought out, and being able to dine accompanied by soft music is a plus. A bevy of activities happens each week. This facility is immaculate and fresh smelling, and the staff - from the top on down - are considerate, efficient, and caring.

The choice to place a loved one in Assisted Livibg is not always an easy one, but our family member loves living at Sunrise. We can't recommend it highly enough.

During our visit we found this facility to be bright, cheery, and clean. The residents were engaging with one another or with the staff. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Our thanks to Sylvia and Tom for their time and expertise as we look for a place for my mom.

Sunrise Offers High Quality Care

The surroundings are very appealing and pleasant. The caregivers are always very friendly and willing to answer any questions. My parents apartment is generally clean but on a few occasions when I've stopped by there were crumbs or food scraps on the floor from eating snacks. They are obviously messy. I realize the caregivers can't always be vacuuming their room.
My parents were recently moved to Sunrise from Florida. The price difference was significantly higher than Florida but I feel the care they are receiving is of higher quality.

Nice looking place

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. The individual rooms weren't quite as nice as some other facilities we had seen, but otherwsie the facility was well kept and clean, and all of the staff I met seemed friendly and professional. We ended up selecting another community, but this is somewhere I would have considered as an option for my loved one.

needs additional staff

Sunrise at Northville needs additional staff especially for the evening. They also need more social activities for the residents at this facility. We are not too happy with this facility right now. In fact I am on my way to talk to them about some of these issues.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review. Please know we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving(dot) com with further details so we may follow up.

Sunrise Team

Very nice looking place!

Love It

Love, love, love. Clean, fun, a great place for mom or dad. No regrets.

Doing well so far

Our loved one is still settling in here, but overall things have gone well with Sunrise at Northville. It's a nice, clean, well kept community, and the staff have all been very friendly. They seem to take good care of their residents, we don't have any complaints!

Not what expecting

When I went to Sunrise I was expecting a residential type setting. Something with individual apartments, activities, a nice dinning room and social are. I found it to be more of a nursing home style set up. I was hoping for something where my mom could have her own apartment, maybe with a half kitchen where she could have a fridge and sink. The facility was ok overall, but not what I was looking for.

Review of Sunrise at Northville Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Plymouth, MI

Nice crackle barrel porch. 3 season porch too. Dining off to left. House feel upon entry. Circ stairs. Short hallways for walking to meals.

Personable and caring staff

We're very pleased with how things have gone at Sunrise at Northville so far! The staff are all very friendly, and I feel like they take a real personal interest in the well-being of the residents. Mom already feels connected here, they did a great job welcoming her to the community. The facility itself is attractive, well kept, and clean. They also do a good job with the food, Mom seems to enjoy it, and every time I have tried it it has been good!

Assisted living Allows pets...

Assisted living Allows pets Pricey

Spoke with Slyvia, states s...

Spoke with Slyvia, states she has been in business a long time and would be a resource, call to get a tour, she was very nice. It is a secure neighborhood in case of 'elopement' they accomodate short term memory loss in the assisted living area. Suggests not getting the largest apt, this is a residential appearing facility. The aisles are wide and short hallways, they want the 60-65 residents to be able to use the whole facility as their own. They have a Sunday bus trip to St. Kenneth and mass said once a month.mass is said once a month there and they have the host q Friday. There are a large # of Catholic residents. They do not do skilled nursing care, just hospice but they will hand feed residents if necessary. There is staff in house 24 hours, a nurse 8-10 hours per day and on call 24?7 with 3 doctors making in house visits.

Not the best care

It has been a nightmare from day ONE!! No one really seems to know what is going on, lots of confusion!! Seriously thinking of moving my loved one OUT!!!

Sunrise Senior Living

We are very sorry to hear you are feeling this way. We would like to speak with you immediately as we take your comments very seriously. Would you please email information(at)sunriseseniorliving(dotcom) with more details and your contact information so we can reach out to you? thanks, The Sunrise Team

very poor care

my father was there for over a year and as his condition declined so did the care he received. If your loved one needs more then just overseeing then plan on going elsewhere.

Sunrise Senior Living

We're sorry to hear you had this experience at one of our communities. We take your comments very seriously. Please contact [removed] with more information.

Good service overall

Overall they are doing a good job with my loved one. The facility is very clean, and the staff have all been friendly and helpful. I've been very satisfied with the service and can't really think of any way in particular they need to improve.

Exemplary!

I was very impressed with this whole facility. It is not cheap but you get value for your money. A Place For Mom was very helpful in figuring my mom's needs and setting our expectations, our options were narrowed down to 3 facilities. I was handed a book about senior care that was very overwhelming and I didn't know where to begin. I would also give Jane a 5 for all her help. I am amazed at how good and professional the staff is at Sunrise.

Nice facility, smaller, shorter hallw...

Nice facility, smaller, shorter hallways, several common areas but could still see main areas. Dad liked.

Elegant and absolutely beautiful! So...

Elegant and absolutely beautiful! Someplace I would like to be someday. Loved the staff I met, house is spotless. Mostly female residents, just two male rooms right now. No on-site PT/OT room that I saw, told that therapy will come in for treatments. Very strong possibility.

Nice! Allow pets !! Memory care -- Ri...

Nice! Allow pets !! Memory care -- Right around corner from where my use to live. Between 5&6 on Haggerty.

Lovely place, my mother liked it, nic...

Lovely place, my mother liked it, nice layout for residents with short halls and sitting areas outside of rooms. Low turn-over of staff. Pricing at Brighton G and here is unclear, how much for a room & extra help is ala carte. We can't figure out how much it will cost.

Enjoyed the tour I had, though the pr...

Enjoyed the tour I had, though the property is pretty pricey.

Not a good fit for Dad, too "frilly".

Not a good fit for Dad, too "frilly".