Viva Care Cottage I - San Bernardino, CA

Don't come here

Experiences here not good. I got little or no help wiith showering, wound care, transportation, prescriptions. Mail was lost including a bill. Food was poor, mostly fast food. Place smelled bad. Poor value for the price.

Enjoyable Staff!!

The staff was very friendly and made sure to take there time with my mother and I during our visit. They had a great complex with lots of accommodating amenities available for all of the residents. I just did not feel that it was the right fit for us and was very pricey for what they had to offer.

It Was Not Well For Us

This community did not take good care of my friend. It seemed that some staff had their heart in it but did not have to skills to follow through with care. My friend ended up in the hospital and during transition, I was not informed of her being relocated to another facility. We had a horrible experience.

Some Improvements Can Be Made

First of all I think that their pamphlet was misleading; they don't have any activities. Also transportation has been a big fiasco. I guess my main complaint would be that they are spread too thin. The manager is like a chicken with his head cut off. He's hardly ever there. They just do not deliver. My loved one's biggest complaint is that the food is just horrible. Overall it does look clean enough and they are pleasant enough.

Mom is super happy

I know they keep her busy at .Viva Care Cottage I. Mom is super happy and so is the family. I was concerned with location at first but now I am so glad we chose this facility. The staff have bent over backwards to accommodate us. When i need to pick her up for a doctors appointment they have her all ready to go. It has just really been a pleasant experience. It has taken a relief off of all of us really. Everything at this facility has just gone really well.