Mission Commons - Redlands, CA

One bedroom $3,549. Studio $2,724. What is square footage of each?? Great reviews.

Very Welcoming

Mission Coommons is a very nice place. When you walk in, the community looks very welcoming. I really appreciate that the staff, administration, and management have been very nice and accommodating. They have really gone the extra mile to help us. As far as the food goes, meals are small here, with the largest meal being served during lunch. The food quality is good though, and they are willing to accommodate the needs of the residents. They have a very nice library here with ton of books and a nice reading area. They don't have all care levels here, but they do provide ad on services such as medication management and laundry. Mission Commons really is a very nice community, and I would recommend it.

Mission Commons Redlands

I had to move my grandmother closer to me after she fell and broke her shoulder. My mom and I were overwhelmed because she was wheelchair bound and incontinent after surgery, and her insurance didn’t want to pay for a nursing home. After searching many options, we decided to place her in independent living at Mission Commons in Redlands. The entire staff was friendly and helpful, and they have an in-house company of caregivers which visit her room every hour around the clock (an extra $1,800 per month which is VERY worth it). Mission Commons has surprisingly good prices compared to less desirable places. I’m so glad we made this choice!

Small Dorm Size Rooms

I toured this community for my aunt, and her needs. The tour went well, and everyone was nice. However I was not impressed with the room they showed up. It was dorm size, and I did not feel that would be a good fit for my aunt. and her needs.

Wonderful place

We are so happy that we found Mission Commons in Redlands. Just what we were looking for my Mom. She gets three meals a day, cleaning service, beauty salon, transportation, activities. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Everything that was advertised to be.

Pet Friendly Community

My friend is still trying to adjust to living here. At the current time, she is not happy with any portion of living here. She very rarely makes any attempt to participate in any of the community activities or events because she doesn't want to leave her dog. She did attend an ice cream social once and had a very good time there, however, that is because she knew that the dog was being taken care of. The community has services for the pets to be taken care of such as dog walking. The staff is very friendly and nice. The community is very clean and looks very nice.

Staff have been great!!

My parents have recently made the move into this community and so far I have no complaints. The staff was very kind during our tour and made sure to answer any questions we had for them. I liked that they had rooms available right away and that the location was close to our home. The property was very clean and they have great amenities available for the residents. The residents we talked to seemed happy and engaged and welcomed my parents to their community. We are happy for the choice we made to bring my parents to Mission Commons.

Good Care When Needed

This was a nice community for good care. They have excellent staff who we liked a lot. The meals are very good and she was happy with everything. The activities were very helpful for her. We would recommend this community for excellent care and a good value.

My mom's tour

We toured this community for care. This community needs some assistance in the cleaning area. The staff was very helpful. The activities were nice that would have been offered. The menu had a variety of meals that would have been appealing. The activities would have been helpful to the residents. We suggest a tour of this community for the care of a loved one.

The apartments were very nice. They asked my mom what she liked by on do and what she wanted most. Then sales manager was very informative and easy to talk to. This one is out of our price range.

Strange Oder...

When I went into the Mission Commons, I felt that there was a strange odor in their facility. I honestly did not even go back, it was not somewhere I would put my father.

A tour

This looked like a nice clean community when I visited it. This community is bigger than the community we chose. The person that took us on tour was friendly and knowledgeable.

Very lovely senior living facility . It has a lot of amenities and the food we sampled was great.

Worried at First, But Everything is Good Now

My husband is being cared for very well here at this community. They have really provided me with a peace of mind knowing he is safe. I was worried about the care at first, but they have since shown me they provide great care. He is slowly trying some activities offered. The meals could be better. Overall everything has worked out well. I would recommend this community.

Great Room View!!

The rooms are very large and have great views to the outside. I thought that the atmosphere felt though out the community was good. I was able to meet some of the staff and see some interaction going on between them and the residents during activities and the interaction was good. I did think it was little to big for what we were looking for, so it didn't work for us.

Toured, seemed like a nice place

We toured this facility, and overall I thought Mission Commons seemed like a nice place. The facility itself was clean and well kept, and the staff was friendly and professional. However, I thought the place seemed a little busier than my loved one would have liked, but otherwise everything was very nice.

Kelly was very friendly and professional. She had answers to all of my questions and shared some helpful recommendations. This location is gorgeous! The tenants looked happy and I really liked all of the amenities. The floor plan was spacious and laid out very well. I also liked the private balcony space attached to the unit. This is one of my top two!

My Mother Likes It

My mother likes it here at this community, she seems to have adjusted well to it. I would say that the management and staff commutation between each other needs improvement. They do a good job with the cleanliness, when I visit her room and the community look nice and clean. There are nice activities offered for the residents. She is pleased with the meals, the food is very good. She gets her hair and nails done at the community salon. Overall this is a community I would recommend.

5 stars for Mission Commons!!!

I would say overall the food is good and they offer lots of choices. They offer daily activities. They keep the community clean and I would recommend it to family and friends. The staff are always friendly, cheery and there to assist you as needed.

Resort style senior living

Mission Commons is a great senior/assisted living facility. The caregivers are very attentive and there are quite a number of activities for the residence to be involved. Depending on the level of care and the size of the room determines the cost. I feel very comfortable having my mother live here. I live close by and am encouraged to participate in some of their activities and meals.

No Criticisms

I have been there for several occasions and I would say that they were very helpful and friendly and they seem sincere and it is somewhat of a restricted life-style, but it is a fine, clean facility and I don't have any criticisms whatsoever.

communication needs improvement

1 thing I noticed is when the caregivers go on break and my mom needs to go to the bathroom she has to wait for them to come back. She has waited about 40 minutes before someone came and she had to hold it. Management wise needs to be restructured. Most of the time they are doing are a great job.

Enjoyable Retirement Living

The Mission Commons is a beautiful, lovely , and active community. There are so many varied activites for people with all different interests. The managment and staff are all very friendly and helpful. The food menu selections are appealing and delicious. I would highly recommend this community for anyone that is looking for a comfortable independent living facility.

The facility is really good and the care services are good. The food is not good small portions. I would wait up to an hour in the dining room to get my food. Not happy at all with the way they did that.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. Thank you so much for your sincere review. I'm sorry to hear you're not pleased with the food portions and wait times. I've passed your feedback on to our Resident Relations department for their review. Please know that you're always welcome to call them at [removed].

Thanks,
Katie

Not Alot Of Choices For Vegaterians

The food is not very good and they don't offer choices for vegetarians and not worth. the money that is being paid. Overall the facility is clean staff is on top of things. The menu could definitely use major improvements with more choices of different foods.

The food is horrendous!

The facility is wonderful, the staff caring and supportive! Unfortunately the food is horrendous. Coming from the ABHOW residence, I am absolutely appalled at the type of food served to seniors at Mission Commons. Have been taking food in to my mom since the food is either unappetizing, or meats tough so she can't even chew it. Lunch is the "big" meal which consists of some type of salad and lots of carbs. Fresh steamed green veggies such as broccoli, asparagus, zuchini are rarely seen. Wax beans and corn are a staple. Breakfast is worse. The few times there is a breakfast meat, it has been burned, oatmeal cold. No muffins or whole wheat rolls, rarely bacon. "Supper" is some kinds of soup and a sandwich of sorts. Ever heard of serving ninety - year- olds, fried bologna sandwiches? How about veggie quesadillas or wraps every couple days as a mainstay? Really? Many seniors can't eat salads, but they have a "fancy one" everyday at lunch. I'm told that "corporate" sends these menus. Shame on them. Just plain scimpy and prepared on the cheap! Take a look at other upscale retirement communities for sample menus. Seniors deserve well prepared, palatable meals. I am deeply disappointed, and in a dilemma as to what to do. The facility is perfect for my mom, but this food issue needs to be addressed. Everyone I talk to there says to contact corporate-right!

admin admin

Hi, I’m Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement’s Home Office. Thank you for leaving a sincere review. I’m sorry to hear that your mom is having a negative experience at Mission Commons because of the food service. I agree that nutrition is a big concern for seniors and want to elevate your concern. Have you called our Resident Relations department at [removed]? If you haven’t, please do so. They are the team best suited to help your mom and incite change. I’m passing your review along to them as well.

My apologies once more,
Katie

Nice facility but rather impersonal staff. Rooms are extremely dated and worn. Buik t in 1987 ab d looks as though it has never been updated. Rather dreary rooms. The residents were mostly somber and looked like they were just wandering around. No smiles at all.

Really Nice, Really Big

My mother-in-law lived there for about two months. We liked the place. It was really nice but a really big place. My mother-in-law said the other people there were snooty and she didn't like them and wanted to move out.

The Right Place

Mission Commons is an excellent choice for my husband's temporary needs. We were looking for a place where he would have care, meals, and an opportunity to recover from both physical and psychological impairments. The short term lease options answered our need, and we were very impressed with the caring staff and the pleasant environment.

The Food is Not Very Good

My dad was on the independent living side. The meals are the one thing that would keep me from giving them a five. It was very much like dorm food. It was evident that they were scraping together yesterday's leftovers and there didn't seem a lot of thought was given to the balance. They would serve a lot of starches together. It was not terrible but not very good.

I think the activities are pretty good. There seem to be a lot going on like movie nights and cards. I would say look they should look at improving their food but other than the food, I'd recommend them. The last few weeks of his life he just wanted to go out to eat of have us bring something in so he didn't have to eat their food.

Nice, Modern, Expensive

It was real nice one but it was out of the price range. both my sister and I were very impressed with the facility. It's in a nice area it's very clean, very stylish. It looked like a resort to me. If I remember correctly, they had a jacuzzi - one of the few places that did so I thought that was pretty nice. It was very clean and seemed modern.

Joleen is very nice and help

The manager here at Mission Commons (Joleen) is really nice and helpful. The food is about as good as you can expect it to be. It seems like our loved ones would really like it here.

Constructed in a beautiful Spanish-style and nestled within the heart of Inland Empire in Southern California, you’ll be delighted to call Mission Commons home. We’re just minutes away from shopping, hospitals and doctors.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind