Poor quality food !

the food here is terrible ! Wish they would charge a bit more and make the food better !

Go there if you want to be treated like a commodity

MY MOM IS NOT A YO_YO....
bait and switch... told us one price to get financial backer in the door, then hard sold with guilt trip, puppy eyes and full manipulation car sales tactics. "since that won't work out try Madison Meadows... we can get you a sweet deal there.

Let me tell you as a world traveler who has booked plenty a hotel in London, I am very much wise to a bait /switch... shameful and disgusting treatment of my loved one.
They built her hopes up, then switched the price, then with mom present attempted to make us feel guilty and shamed. I have never in my life seen someone treat another human being as such a commodity.

On top of that, the sales associate attempted to tell us our loved one misunderstood. All of this was verified by a placement advisor, that the deal offered was in fact switched when we went to sign.
[name removed] I am sure is under a tremendous amount of pressure by the company but... to do that to another human being is disgusting.

We left, mom was crushed, but happy to have found out what kind of racket this company was pulling. To be frank, if they do this kind of stuff at the sales level, how much worse would it be if someone moved there.

To us all this speaks volumes about the company.... better off going with a non profit retirement community or heading over to [name removed] at the Fountains at lake pleasant.

Holiday Marketing

Hi there, we regret to hear that you are not satisfied with your recent experience with us. Our top priority is always helping older independent people live better. We apologize for any confusion in regards to pricing, it's never our intention to mislead anyone. Apartment rates in any of Holiday Retirement's communities are updated regularly based on availability, unit location within the community, location of the community, etc.

We take reviews like this very seriously and would appreciate the chance to further discuss your experience. We ask that you reach out to the general manager Darrell at [removed].

This a more independent living arrangement. They do have help at a cost. Vista Del Rio was very nice and they were willing to work with me on the studio apartment but I have to factor in the cost of assistants.

Well balanced and nutritious food

I toured here when looking for a place for my Mom. The people seemed nice and friendly. The food was okay. It was well balanced and nutritious and there were plenty of options available. The building was very clean. However, there was one staff member that we didn’t get along with at all, she was very blunt and not all that accommodating; but the rest of the staff was very nice. My Mom was supposed to move in but ultimately she decided against it.

So Pleased

We are so pleased with Vista Del Rio. The staff is very personable, very friendly, attentive, and they really get to know you. The facility itself has a really good feeling right off the bat. The atrium has a high ceiling with lots of windows so the place is bright and comfortable. The place is clean, and I love that the maintenance staff and the people who clean the apartments introduce themselves to the residents, so the community really feels comfortable. They also have great food and many activities including water aerobics, games, live entertainment, and outings. We would absolutely recommend Vista Del Rio to others. It’s excellent.

Small tight-knit community

I really like this facility because they offer everything that my sister needs. They allow her to be independent but still have a safety net that comes with a care home. The staff is wonderful in getting her to be social. They have the other residents spend time with her to get her out of the comfort zone she’s in. The administration and the rest of the staff have been great to deal with. They offer 2 meals a day and they have 3 options for each meal. My sister can also go to the kitchen at any time and grab a snack. The grounds themselves are very clean and well kept. They have a swimming pool and rocking chairs out from that everyone can sit in. Her apartment is nice and spacious but doesn’t have a kitchen. They do have a mini fridge for small snacks and a little sink to do your dishes. They have someone come in once a week to clean and they have a washer/ drying in the building so you can do your laundry. For activities, they offer coloring, scrapbooking, games, pool table, and movie night. This is a smaller community and has a tight-knit feel. I would certainly recommend this community.

My friend is Happy here.

When we walked into this community we just knew it was the place for my friend, we got good vibes. Everyone looks happy and healthy here. Clean on the inside and the outside. The food is really good too and has lots of Selections.

For My Friends

I went to see and tour the community for my friends. In my experience they were all courteous and polite. There were incentives for moving in but the choice was up to my friends and they felt this was not the best fit.

Nice Community

This community was very nice. The inside was lovely very clean and nicely decorated. The rooms we had toured did not have a kitchenette just a wet bar which was disappointing. The staff that we met was friendly very kind. The community is in a great location near the highway very easy to get too.

Care and comfort for dad

We like the care at this community. We do like the staff and the environment. The menu is good and alot of healthy meals. We like the activities that are offered. We wish that he was more active. We would recommend this community to other families for good care and value.

Not as good as when we signed up for this

The first week at Vista del Rio was great. We were really promoting the place to friends and family. Then we were informed the management team that had been there for a long time was leaving. The new team is wonderful, but things started to change. It feels like there are new budget restraints. The dining room seems short-staffed. It takes an extra-long time to be served. Breakfast is supposed to be served at 8am, but unless you get there very early, you will not be served coffee. The meals are no longer as tasty as they used to be. There are often last-minute menu changes. The chef is very dedicated to her job, but we feel she is having to make best for what she is afforded. Two thumbs-up for [Removed], who is in charge of maintenance. He is quick to respond for any work requests.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, my name is Katie, I work for Holiday, and while I am very sorry to hear these comments and reflection on your experience, I would like to sincerely thank you for sharing them with us. We want to make Vista del Rio the best possible place to retire, and can not do that with your open and honest feedback. I am going to take these comments and share them with the appropriate parties; of course, if you have additional feedback, please, we would love to hear from you. Please give us a call anytime, or reach out to us by email at [removed] Thank you so much, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day and to hear from you very soon. --Katie

Nice

This community is nice and I liked it when I visited. the people I met were friendly. They made a room out of the balcony on some of the second floor apartments. This community was just a little too expensive.

Very Nice Community

This is a very nice community. Very easy to get too. Very nice grounds. The community is always clean and looks nice. The staff is very good friends and seems to interact with the residents. They have transportation to stores. They hold mass every Sunday which was a very important thing for my father. The food is very good. They offer a lot of activities.

Perfect Fit For Mom

Mom really likes being here she is adjusting quite well she is making friends and when she wants she joins activities. The food is good and her living space is just enough for her. She was able to take some of her furniture to make her extended studio her own. The staff is friendly and kind. I like the overall setup of the community because mom only has to go out her door down a few steps to the laundry rather than some of the communities I've been too where you have to walk outside to get to another place.

My mom's care

I like this care for my mom here at this nice community. The staff are nice and very helpful to her needs. The community is clean and has a nice atmosphere. The menu is appealing and she seems to be happy with the varierty. The activities are helpful for her to participate with others.We would recommend this community for the good care and value

Very clean and appealing from the outside. The staff let my mom know that she could paint and decorate her room anyway to make her feel more at home. She already has a group of friends she likes to go and share meals with. There are many activities to choose from if she is inclined to participate. They have snacks and coffee available. They offer a variety of entertainers that come into the community. They also offer offsite trips. There is a variety of food choices, that is a big help because my mom has a limited palate. I feel she is in a very safe and secure environment. The staff is very responsive. I would definitely recommend this community.

Mom and Dad's Care

I like this community for the care for my parents. The staff were nice and caring to there needs. The community was clean and the care was wonderful. They liked the menu and they were please with the healthy choices. They offer the activities to the residents who can participate with the other residents.We needed a caretaker just one time that could not get someone. We would recommend this community for the good care and the value for other families.

A good experience!

The experience was great, the person that showed us around was wonderful, she introduced us to any of the staff that we came in contact with while touring. We looked at 8 different rooms before deciding on the one. She enjoyed her stay while she was there. The food was good and she went to a couple of shows and programs that they offered. Everyone was nice and friendly, I would consider it for my self if it was closer to my home.

Care for mom

I like this community for the good care. The community is clean and maintained. The menu is outstadning with a healthy choices. They do offer alot of activities for the residents who want to participate. The is a very good community with great care and value. I highly recommend other families to see this nice place for the care of a loved one

Beautiful facility. Chose this for our dad!

My mother's care

I am happy with this community. My mom is happy here. The staff are very nice and caring to her needs. She seems to like the meals and the good variety. She is active with a few of the nice activities. I would recommend the care and value to other families for there loved one.

Beautiful Property!!

I thought this property was very pretty when I had taken the tour and they had a large common and dinning room area that seemed to fit everyone comfortably. The food smelled good during our visit and everything was very clean. It was just very expensive and we could get a two bedroom apartment at another location for the price of a studio they had at this facility.

A place to visit

We toured this community. We did not like it due to being older and now what we were wanting. It did not seem to be taken care of very well. The did answer the questions we had and the staff was friendly. I think other families might want to tour this community for themselves

Mom Likes It Here

My mother is doing well here at this community. It is a very nice place. I'am pleased with her move to this. She has adjusted well to it, and she is doing well. She even seems to like it so far. I know she is safe, and in a good place at this community.

Loved it. The lady we talked was very thorough explain to us and asking what we were looking for in a care center for mom. Recommend

Great Care

I am happy with the great care that is given here. The food is good with a nice variety. The staff is very nice. This community is clean and well kept. They have alot of activities that are offered. I would recommend this community to other families.

A great choice for my mom.

A Place for Mom helped us find several good choices for my
Mom and we are so grateful.
Vista Del Rio is our choice and mom moved in Sept 29.
Everyone there has been so helpful and mom is very happy there. She is enjoying the meals and we are pleased to see that the posted weekly menus actually reflect what is served at each meal. This was not the case where she previously resided in Calif. The manager is present each day and greets each resident by name at meals. He was so kind to guide her to a table with other ladies to help her meet people when she first arrived.
Her appt is a corner unit with lots of Windows and she loves it. It does have a bit of smoke odor from a previous resident who was a smoker, but we are working on that.
There are more services available through an on premises company which may be useful in the future. Also hair and nail services which she has used and likes very much.
She has met several residents who have been there several years and are also very pleased.
We are very relieved to have found a place where mom is happy to live.

This community may be right for someone else!

This community just did not feel like the place for me. The food was not good but the community was clean. The staff were nice and answered my questions. They offered activities for the residents to enjoy.

Community Experience

I find that the community is very clean and my dad's room is properly maintained. I had lunch with my dad a few times and i thought it was a little bland but still okay. My dad has not voiced any concerns about his care and safety, it is all good. I would recommend the community to family and friends.

Independence and Options

My father is a part of the Vista del Rio community and I have found that it is a really nice residential and the nice staff treat him good. It is very clean, offer rides outside the community. My father really enjoys the food and give him tons of options to choose from. He also enjoys his independence with the assistance of staff. I would recommend them for the price and the wonderful staff that truly care for him.

Review of Vista del Rio - Peoria, AZ

Very nice place and in our price range. My mom did visit and signed up to live here. Very nice

Peace of mind!

We are thrilled with Vista Del Rio and so is mom! All the managers are extremely kind, caring, respectful and helpful. The food is great and there are so many wonderful activities for the seniors. Cindy is an amazing Activities Director. Also transportation if you need to shop or have a doctor's appointment. Our mom needed some extra care and they offer independent people who help the senior as needed for very fair prices. We have peace of mind knowing our mother is being cared for with such loving people.

Not A Good Experience

Things are going okay for us since our move into Vista del Rio. We wanted a 2 bedroom apartment and the apartment they gave us is really small. We can barely fit a bed in the room, so we are looking into getting a bigger apartment for us. I feel that they are understaffed here and could use more help because when we go down to eat the dishes at times are still dirty and that is disgusting. They need to hire more help so things like this doesn't happen. There are activities here, but they the same ones over and over again. The management is changing and a lot of things are up in the air so at the moment I would not recommend the community.

I love it here!

This has really taken some getting used to since I'd rather be completely independent and not here at all. Since I moved in the staff have tried to make things easier for me and are very good at what they do. For an institution the food is amazing! I personally don't participate in the activities but there's plenty to do. If I was speaking with friends or family about the place I'd tell them to move in so I can have my friends with me. I'd only recommend if asked.

Getting settled in

So far, so good. Things are going as well as can be with a 97 year old man that was moved away from his place of living. He is getting settled into the place pretty nicely.

Overall it is very nice.

Overall it is very nice. There is however, a parking problem.

Overall it is a very nice place to live

Vista Del Rio is going well. Everywhere you go there are advantages and disadvantages. Overall it is a very nice place to live. I have coronary heart disease and it is hard to get food that I can eat. I have to eat a certain way and they can't cater to one person. They have a lot of cheese dishes that I can't have. I've tried to talk to them and it will be good for a couple of days but then they forget. That is the only complaint I have. Otherwise I like this facility.

just didn't like it there

Vista Del Rio was not good. He didn't like the food. The people were very clickish. He just didn't like it there. He always complained that they ran out of chocolate ice cream too.

Holiday Retirement

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. Thank you for your sincere review. Although we cannot necessarily regulate the behavior of our residents, we can most certainly control our food quality and inventory, so I've sent your review on to our Resident Relations department for their review.

Thanks,
Katie

Upon Judy's suggestion visited and they have 1 ground level studio perfect for my mom. I first need to get financial aid for monthly rent. God willing it will still be available when we have finances in line. The community fee was much higher than the Montana.

A Clean Facility

I would say in terms of improvements, they have a high turnover rate in management staff. Also it appears that the food has kind of gone down a bit, in terms of being appetizing. They don't have as many activities, like physical activities, but other than that it is a pretty clean facility.

I Has Been Wonderful

They were excellent. The people were genuinely friendly and I went to two other facilities and one was beautiful and nice, but it felt more like a sales pitch and the second one was just run-down and the manager never smiled once and acted like we were an inconvenience. Vista del Rio was like a fresh of breath air. It felt genuine the entire way through and it was like they really wanted us to be there. It has been wonderful.

mom is very happy

I am very happy with Vista del Rio. It has been a very good place for my mother and she is very happy there.

Phenomenal Staff

The nurses at Vista del Rio were very caring and very kind and very attentive to my loved one's needs. I think what they did well was with their medical staff. The staff they had was really good. They were phenomenal.

It's wonderful. We are liking it here.

It's wonderful. We are liking it here. The staff is wonderful. The food is good, here. There are lots of windows in our apartment so it's not dark and gloomy, and the Atrium is wonderful to sit and read. The dining room is beautiful. I think this was a little bit more than some of the other places, but it's well worth it. I would give them a five and a half out of five!

I just think they have really good managers and they really care for the residents and they pay special attention to the family. I really do not have anything bad to say about them.

Friendly, communicative staff

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Vista del Rio! My Mom absolutely loves it here, which is a great change after moving her from somewhere she really did not enjoy. The staff here are friendly and professional, and they're very communicative and easy to get in touch with. We really like it!

not the care we needed

It turned out not to be an appropriate level of care for my mother, so we ended up having to take her out. We called the paramedics to take her to the hospital. Despite this they still tried to charge us for 90 days, and we had to fight tooth and nail. In addition to them not being able to handle the level of care mom needed, the room she had was not very nice either.

On Top Of Everything

They take care of your need right away.Meals are good and get a wide variety of choices. They assist me with my bathing and any other needs I may have, on top of everything.

So far it's really good.

So far it's really good. It's really clean and the staff is friendly. What you get for you money, is really a good value. They are attentive and friendly, and communicative. The activities and the food, deserve more than a five. When we were looking around this place just had a much friendlier atmosphere, and the residents seemed to be happy here.

The worst experience ever

The Community was over rated. While I lived at this residence for a short time on the second floor. One day there was a fire at the community. When all the residents tried to board the elevator, I realized that this was the only elevator available and it would only hold three residents at a time. I thought it was over at that point, but it scared me enough to get out while I could. This was the main reason I left, well that and feeling safe. Besides that I had other issues like I felt the residents were very stuck up and unfriendly. I would not even rate this place, as it was a big zero. I am so much happier now. The apartment was very nice, but was not able to enjoy the view through the dirty windows. And the food was okay, but the dining area was not kept to a high standard. I wouldn't recommend this place at all.

Hi,
I'm Katie. I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. Thank you for your sincere review. I'm sorry you had a negative experience at Vista del Rio. Did you alert the Resident Relations department at the time of the incident? Please note that you're always welcome to reach them at [removed], even though you're no longer a resident, your feedback is still very valuable to us.

Thanks again,
Katie

Nice place overall, my parents love it

Overall things seem to be going well for my parents at Vista del Rio. When I initially toured I found the decor a bit dated and off-putting, and felt that the entire place could use some renovating. However my parents were interested in touring this one since they are familiar with the area, and they absolutely loved it! The staff here all seem very friendly and in particular the gentleman in sales that we worked with, Kevin, did an excellent job.
One aspect they could really stand to improve on is their response time to maintenance issues. The pool has been "under repairs" since they moved in, and the request for assistance to get a mirror hung that they placed over a month ago still has not been addressed.

Friendly staff, close to me and to mall, needs to improve schedule outreach

It seems really nice. People are friendly.

As far as their schedules of things, my mother is kind of confused. They could make their information easily attained. You have to go find out what the schedule is. For instance, I don't know when the bus goes here or I don't know when this happens.

The location is close to me, which makes it easier for me. There is also alot of stuff around there, such as a shopping mall.

She and I are both happy with the place; if I had to do it over again I'd choose the same place.

My experience with Vista Del Rio has ...

My experience with Vista Del Rio has been real well. The staff takes good care of everything. It's very nice there. They offer a lot of activities. My mom stays busy. There is always something going on. They offer lots of entertainment. They have a service called pink ladies that takes the residents wherever they need to go, dentist, shopping, just wherever. I would definitely recommend Vista Del Rio to others.

They were excellent, in everything they did.

They were excellent, in everything they did.

Very friendly

They’re very friendly! The community is very clean and comfortable. The most notable aspect of this community though is how very friendly and kind the staff are. I think they’ve made it a very good experience for us.

I am very comfortable here,

It's wonderful, we are happy with it. The food is fine, they are having a little problem with the help in the kitchen, the servers, but they are working on it. It's very pretty, and it's huge. I am very comfortable here, I wouldn't want to move.

VISITED 6-17-14. Mom like i...

VISITED 6-17-14. Mom like it. No stove/oven, but she thought she could deal with that. Not much storage. Very nice, non-pushy reps. Lots to do. All inclusive pricing. She doesn't think there are additional costs for transportation, lunch out (?), activities except something special - whatever that means. She is going to Casa del Rio tomorrow. She spent a couple of hours at vista and that was enough visiting for one day. Vista wants her to come back on Saturday for a second visit. She will make her decision by weekend, I believe!

Good Community

I think it’s a great community. It seemed pretty clean. They were very friendly. It was a little high in cost. We didn’t have much experience with the care services. It’s a good community between a fully independent and assisted. You can pay for the services you need, whereas with an assisted living you pay for things you maybe don’t need.

It’s a happy medium.

The managers are very out and about – they get to really know their residents and everyone seems very helpful and even all the residents seem to help each other. It’s not too small, but it’s not too big. It’s a happy medium. The food was better the first time I tried it rather than the last couple of times.

Bad place,food,advisors

Bad place,food,advisors

They are very clean, and very friendly.

They are very clean, and very friendly. They have lots of activities. Its newer so it's close to a lot of things to do. They provide a sense of security, to know that there are people if she fell down and tripped. It's very reasonable for the price of pets and a carport and they offer the price lock function. She liked it right away, because they were very patient and showed us a variety of floorplans, and paid attention to what she wanted not just what we as a family wanted. They have been very accommodating, they have an alternate menu if one doesn't like the daily entree, she also has the ability to make something in her room in the kitchenette.

Very Impressed!

Being an out of state family member, I have found that my communication with Vista Del Rio is very good. They are extremely helpful on so many levels! We had one issue in the beginning, but they were able to find a different apartment with no carpet, and a few weeks later, everything was resolved! When my son and husband flew down to help my loved ones move in, they were graciously accomodated by Vista Del Rio as well! They were able to eat meals there and it didn't cost them a penny!

My loved ones are really getting involved! They love the water aerobics class!

Another neat thing about this place is that the managers and staff members get meals included, and they eat with the residents. It really makes them visible to the residents and opens up that communication and socialization between them.

I am just so impressed by Holiday communities, and all of the concepts that they have! They really take care of everyone and I am very, very happy with them!

I think this is going to be the perfe...

I think this is going to be the perfect place for my MIL! Thanks to Rebecca for helping me find it.

Fixed Meal Time

Vista Del Rio was probably the second choice for us. Their downside was the fixed meal time. Everyone has to go and sit down for meals at the same time. They seemed to have a good social calender which was a real plus.

very helpful, good location good size...

very helpful, good location good size units

Vista Del Rio was very nice and clean...

Vista Del Rio was very nice and clean, but I believe that this was more for Independent living and I know that my mother would require dependent care.

Situated on a quiet campus in the heart of Peoria, a beautiful northwestern suburb of Phoenix, we offer a peaceful environment with access to all the convenience of a major metropolitan area. We’re just minutes away from dozens of places to shop, casual and fine dining experiences and a myriad of indoor and outdoor entertainment possibilities.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind