Best place we toured!

We toured this facility when looking for accommodations for mom and dad and were impressed with the quality and friendliness. The apartments were spacious and clean. The amount of activities offered were far more than any other place we visited. And the best part is that people that lived there actually participated!

Nice facility but prices have raised recently

This is a very nice facility but unfortunately since I toured they have raised the prices a lot. It is a very clean community and the food looked really good. All of the residents that I meat were friendly and happy to be here. However, they were very quiet at first. They do offer a lot of activities with a calendar or things to do every day. I would recommend this facility to other families.

Great Dining Room Hours

I used to live here at Casa Del Rio. I thought it was a very good community, and I liked that the dining room was always open from 7 in the morning to 7 in the evening. However, They didn't have dancing here, which is one of my avid hobbies, and I felt that the community was a little too small for me.

Gorgeous grounds and beautiful rooms

There were a few different communities that I toured for my sister and I really liked this one. We would have chosen this facility, but I know she wasn’t ready for this type of care yet. My sister would have to be fairly independent to come here and unfortunately, she needed more coddling than they could offer. She just wasn’t ready for that yet. The staff was very friendly and wonderful. We really loved the apartment that they showed us. The apartment would have been great for her and the bathroom was wheel chair accessible. For meals, they had 2 a day and you could go in anytime. But, they didn’t really force the social time and that’s what my sister really needs. The grounds themselves were gorgeous and I would have loved to get my sister into this community. I would absolutely recommend this facility

Clean Property!

I have no complaints of how things had went for my tour of this community for my self.The staff where wonderful to work with and did a great job with the presentation. The property was clean and I liked all of the amenities they had for the residents. It was just not the right fit in the end decision.

A good place

This looked like a nice community when I visited. The people I met were nice. I do know someone that lives here and they seem to like it. They take good care of this community. The nice apartments have full kitchens. They have a hot tub and pool for the residents to use.

Mom has been here for about 18 months now. At first it was great with the individual apartments but over time her memory has decreased and have seen her become more reclusive. We unfortunately will have to consider more personalized care.

Food / and service of it are is Very Bad.

I have lived here for 2 weeks. I really really love my apartment. Nothing about it that I don't like..... however,
the food and service of it is really really BAD. I am not a pickey eater so that has nothing to do with it. Over half the people that I have talked to agree with me on this Everyone talks about it but not many go to whoever is in charge of the kitchen and food service.... I took it one step further aND
had them look at the plate and tell me if they thought it even looked appetizing. Even they had to agree that it was anything but attractive.

A care and value for family

I like the care from this community. The staff is caring and friendly. The food is well prepared seems appealing. A very clean community. She is enjoying the variety of activities and is adjusting well. We would recommend the care and value of this community to other families.

A great place for family care

We toured this community for the care of my mom. The staff were friendly and caring to the our needs. We saw a calendar of the activities and they would of been great for my mom if she had moved in. We liked the community being very clean. We would recommend this community even thought we do not move in. We knew it would of been a great place for good care and the value for a love one.

POOR

My mother lives in Casa Del Rio. She loves the apartment, however the services are poor. The food is poor, lunchtime is always a sandwich, and they serve the same vegetables everyday. A poor select of food. Activities are scarce. The maintenance men only know how to change a light bulb. Anything else she is suppose to hire someone to do it. They really need to get on board, these people are on a fixed income, and they live there so everything can be done for them.

looked great clean and quiet.

Meal Planning Could Be Helpful

My uncle is doing fine at this community. He seems to like the meals and likes to eats burgers. If they changed their menu and add diabetic meals it could help out. The staff call me when needed. The community is clean.

Friendly residents and staff!!

I am really enjoying my stay in this community, all of the staff have made me feel very welcomed and comfortable in my new living environment. I have no complaints about the food they serve and enjoy the company of the other residents. I would definitely recommend this facility to anyone looking into retirement.

I would say this community was worth looking at!

The staff are great and I have not met anyone I haven't liked. They offer a meal plan of 2 meals a day and the food is pretty good. The grounds are impeccable, however they are doing some remodeling. They offer daily activities.

Worth taking a tour!

This was a nice community. It was a little out of my price range. The staff I met were nice and helpful. They offered daily activities and the food was good. The community was clean.

Expected better

I have been at Casa Del Rio, Peoria for a little over 6 months and I must say I expected better. The grounds are well kept and the staff is friendly. But they have two conspicuous problems. MAINTENANCE REPAIRS--- On 3 different repair work orders, a broken folding shower bench, an A/C water leak, and an out of order washing machine, it took 5 - 10 weeks to complete each repair. DINING ROOM SERVICE--- The quality of food has improved, but it is not uncommon for it to take an hour or more to be served the food you ordered. The wait staff has little or no training. There is a definite lack of organization in the dining room. During July, I resorted to take-out orders, 11 of 14 orders were either wrong orders or were missing something. Casa Del Rio has a long ways to go to be that perfect Retirement Home.

Great Activities!!

The director and staff were all very nice. The community was clean but was in need of some updating. My dad had a hard time getting in and out of the chairs because they were very low. We tried the food at breakfast and it was very good. They had great activities and socialization within the community.

The staff were nice when we moved mom into Casa Del Rio!!

I have not seen much of the staff since we moved mom into the community. Mom does not participate in any of the activities as she lost her glasses about a month ago. They keep the community very clean. I tried the food once and it was ok. I would recommend this community.

My Aunt Loves It Here

My aunt loves it here, she is doing very well here. Everything has worked out very well for us. They do a good job with keeping the community well-kept. The staff have been great. They have been very helpful and respectful. There are good activities offered. The food great, she is pleased with the meals. I know she is safe and i'am comfortable with the care they are providing her. This is a community I would recommend.

The staff are friendly!!!

We love living at Casa Del Rio. The community is kept clean and the grounds are beautiful. The quality of food has slightly declined since we moved in but they are hiring a chef to correct this issue. The dining room staff are very nice and sweet however I think they need a little more training. Renee who has taken over running the community is wonderful, enthusiastic and cares about the residents.

Almost Perfect Community

This is a community I would recommend. My parents are doing very well here. The community is perfect, everything is very well-kept. The staff is nice, but they are short staffed in the dining room. At times the residents have to wait up to an hour for their food, but they are working to fix that. There are nice activities offered for my parents when they are ready to participate. The food is pretty good, and the dining area is really nice. Everything is going very well.

Happy Here

I really like this community, and everything is working out very well. The community looks great and everything is very nice and clean. The staff is nice and kind. There are many activities for me to choose from. The food is great, I enjoy the meals. Overall I'am happy and I would recommend it.

I Really Like It Here

I really do like it here, this is good a community. The community looks amazing and is very clean. The staff is great and very helpful for me when I need them. I have tried a few new activities and made some new friends. The food could be warmer when it is served. The cooks need to pay more attention to the orders. The food is good and the selection of food is great. I would recommend it because everything is working out well for me here.

It's very nice, we liked it a lot.

We toured here. It was very nice, and we liked it a lot. It ended up being more expensive than we were hoping. We found a different place that has worked well, but we liked this.

Good place to live

My husband and I have only been here a week but have enjoyed how friendly and welcoming everybody has been to us. In addition, the food is excellent and available from 7am-7pm so you can go anytime and even have breakfast any time of the day. Also, you can have as much or as little as you want to eat. We have the 2 bed/2 bath apartment as we needed an extra room for a computer room and it's VERY roomy for 2 people. We also brought our 2 dogs and they have enjoyed trying to catch all the bunnies that frequent around the property. The only downside is the limited number of activities and outings available. Other places we visited had a lot more activities and outings available each day. In addition, the pool is never used as you have to ask for the pool key which apparently nobody ever does. We were told that eventually they intend to give everybody a pool key but haven't received any notice when that will happen. Also, we only got one mailbox key and still haven't received another one. In addition, although maintenance finally came and fixed the bathroom faucet which was loose, they still haven't lowered the TV set which is located very high on the wall despite numerous requests.

Overall, I give them high marks with only a few areas needing improvement.

Casa del Rio

Thank you for providing a review of Casa Del Rio. Resident satisfaction is our mission and we value feedback so that we may improve. As you mentioned, we will be assigning pool keys to each resident in the near future. In regards to your maintenance concerns, residents’ pets are important to us also, therefore our maintenance team will not enter an apartment with dogs without the resident being home. The challenge may be timing and I apologize for the inconvenience. Our Activities department has a monthly meeting where residents may submit requests and share ideas of what would be interesting to them. The next meeting will be held on March 7th, we hope to see you there. We are committed to our residents, please call or visit the Property Manager in the front office if you have any concerns in the future, we are here for you.

This is one of the smallest places we visited. Neat and clean but there was an odor to the place. While the apartments had been renovated, I felt like I was in a basement, even when on the second floor. All the common areas are very small.

Casa del Rio

Thank you for visiting us at Casa Del Rio and taking the time to write a review. We value your feedback. We're glad that you noticed that we keep the property "neat and clean." We want our residents to feel as if they were at home, not in a facility. Therefore, we have several cozy areas where groups of friends can meet. Whether it be the Cantina where residents drink coffee, read the paper and talk about the upcoming day; or in the card room playing Mahjong, Hand & Foot, Pokeno, Bridge, to name a few of our residents favorite games. We also have several other areas for meeting including the outdoor areas with seating and fireplaces to congregate and relax.

We are proud that our remodel is ongoing as apartments become available. We strive to welcome new residents into updated apartments. Unfortunately, construction products sometimes leave a residual odor which will dissipate in time. These products include lacquer which is used on our cabinetry, and new carpet and padding. We welcome you to return and visit again, there are some apartments available in which the remodel was completed in a time frame in which the construction scents have dissipated.

Everyone has been great

Casa Del Rio is fine. My parents may need more care, we are just figuring it out. Everyone has been great and helpful here. We may move them, but it is through no fault of anyone there. It is just a complicated situation right now and we have to figure it out.

Casa del Rio

Thank you for your review and compliments towards our community. While we take pride in offering an independent living environment for our residents, we understand that from time to time, residents will require more assistance. For this reason, we are happy to be able to offer additional assistance via a third party company that is located on site. We have residents who use home health companies to allow them to remain in their current accommodations but receive assistance when needed. We are more than happy to offer assistance and guidance where needed. Please do not hesitate to speak with one of our department managers and remember that we are here for you and your family!

The Food Is Great

I think that probably the nicest thing about the Casa Del Rio place is they offer the ability for the residents to choose what they want to eat off of a menu, they have a choice of food and the variety is nice.

Very clean and amenities are abundant, but a bit overpriced.

Casa del Rio

Thank you for submitting a 5 start review for Casa Del Rio. We strive to create a quality senior living environment with a variety of activities and execute a high level of cleanliness standards. The friendliness of the staff and residents demonstrate the warmth of the culture on the property. We appreciate and value your review.

five stars all around

Everything is fabulous at Casa Del Rio. Everybody is super friendly. They are always there to help and answer any question you might have. Everything is just wonderful there. It is five stars all around at this facility.

Casa del Rio

Thank you so much for your review of Casa del Rio. Our staff delights in being of service to our residents because we truly make a community centered on the residents. We are appreciative that you recognize the 5 star service our associates give and look forward to continuing to impress you!

Wonderful

The staff here is so sweet and wonderful and everyone really goes above and beyond here. They really care about the residents. Love and happiness are in the air. Great food, beautiful, clean, spacious facility, and just wonderful in general.

Casa del Rio

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. We are so glad that you got the essence of the property. We pride ourselves on being attentive to our residents' needs, however, it is our residents' outlook, personalities, and kindness which makes Casa Del Rio a warm and welcoming community.

We will be making this Eleanor'seeing new home mid December....yea!!

overall good

Overall our family is pleased with Casa del Rio. Specifically, the food, maintenance staff and Renee (our tour guide) are excellent. The 2 bedroom /2 full bath with a nice patio is a great floor plan. There is a storage facility right next door to Casa del Rio, that my parents are using. One thing I think that would be helpful, would be to give an average age of the population of each center. My parents feel a little bit too young for Casa del Rio.

Casa del Rio

Thank you for taking your time to review our community online, we value your feedback and strive to exceed residents and their families expectations. We're so glad that our staff have been responsive to your parents needs and appreciate that your parents enjoy their apartment. Casa Del Rio prides itself on offering an abundance of activities. If there is something in particular that you think your family would like to see on the calendars, we are all ears! We enjoy building a calendar around what our residents like to do, want to learn and where they want to explore! Again, thank you and welcome to the Casa del Rio family!

What a Blessing

Recently, my Great Aunt had a stroke at 91. She Drove her car, lived in her home alone, and managed her finances. The stroke took some of that away, I am sad to say. I flew out from Alabama to be with her knowing I was going to have to make the decision to move her.
Now for the great part,
I contacted Casa Del Rio and made an appointment. Walked in the door to a very sweet receptionist Veronica, talked a while. She introduced me to Jerried who was with the assisted part that Casa Del Rio has to offer. Want to talk about setting me at ease. She went over what they did, and that it was priced by the piece. You could have as much or just a few things done each day. What a Blessing.
Then meet with Renee’ the Manager. So very nice and informative. She showed me around, showed me the apartment they have set up for you to see, can I just say beautiful. Now I am from Alabama and we ask all kinds of questions and each answer was better than the last. Of course the last question is “how much is the cost”? When she told me I almost fell out of my chair. The cost was so reasonable I could not believe it. This place in Alabama would cost 1 ½ times as much. It allowed me to have the assisted side do more for my Great Aunt each day. What a Blessing.
They have just done over a million dollars of renovations and the one I wanted for my Great Aunt was being done. The problem was that it was not going to be ready in time. Renee’ worked with the contractors, got them to get it ready right on time for me to move her in. They did not have to do this for me, but they did. It took a lot to get it done on time and how glad I was they did. Talk about going above and beyond does not even start to describe what the team did for me. What a really big blessing
I moved my Great Aunt in right on time, was there for more than a week after and just came to like the place even more. The food was really nice and different each day. The Manager of the dining facility Betsy was just amazing. Very helpful each time I saw her. The young servers were just a blast, and being I am 53 giving youngsters a hard time cracks me up. Between Alexys and Chris, they hung right in there and rolled with the punches. They really are just a great pair of young adults. One of the nicest things I found out about Casa Del Rio was, as long as they youngsters work with them, they will help them with their college. Like I said, the longer I was there the more I liked this place. God will bless these youngsters soon enough.
Being I do not live there, I was worried about how to get my Great Aunt to and from appointments. Well, they take care of that at no charge. They take her to and from doctor’s appointment in their Cadillac. They take them to and from hair and nail appointments at no charge. The take them to the grocery store, bank, every week if they need to go. They even take them to outings they have planned. Again what a blessing for my Great Aunt
Leaving her after so much time was very hard on me. Knowing I left her in the hand of the wonderful staff made it much easier. God amazed me again as he always does. He placed one blessing after another, after another in my Great Aunts life. I am so relieved that one of those blessing was Casa Del Rio and the great staff they have.

Casa del Rio

We are thrilled to hear that Casa has been a blessing to you. We appreciate your kinds words and look forward to continuing to impress you and your great aunt!

Seemed like a nice place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. Casa Del Rio seemed like a nice place overall, the facility itself was attractive and the staff all seemed friendly and professional. It is worth a look if you are searching for senior living in the area.

One of the Runner ups and now the Leader

We reviewed several communities and this one really stood out in my mind, revisited the community and my mind was made up. I choose this place was one of the newly built establishment, mom settled in very fast, we didn't think it would possible to get her among other seniors but she was. I feel that overall, this is a
friendly environment to be part of, the residents are very active, and there are so many activities available to all residents, which allowed them to be more engaged. They are located near several close by communities that are very beautiful, with several close by communities and all the neighboring communities are absolutely beautiful just like my Moms, and I also liked the friendliness of staff and the gate guard who monitors the community, This allowed me to feel safer when my mom was there. I think it is a very beautiful place and an absolute must for others touring communities, before coming to any decision.in the front as I don't always designed so other made up my mind choose this residency over many others I toured. ,

1 Year at Casa del Rio

We are coming up to our first year at Casa del Rio and we couldn't be more satisfied. The food is uniformly good and the wait staff and service personnel extremely pleasant and helpful.Moving from a home, condo, etc. to senior living facilities is always stressful but given a chance Casa del Rio ranks at the top for facilities, friendliness and effort of the staff to go the extra mile, Come join us - you won't be dissapointed

I liked what I saw

I moved mom in on the 25th of December, and liked what I saw. They are great at shuttling her around to doctor appointments. The lady from A Place For Mom was very very helpful in helping us, showing us four other communities.

Very nice place!

They do a wonderful job at Casa Del Rio. The staff here are very friendly and caring, and they take great care of the people who live here. The facility itself is well kept and clean, and they have a lot to provide for their residents. However, the amount of assistance they can provide on the upper end of the care scale is limited. If your loved one does not require 24 hour care this is a very nice place to look into!

We were pretty disappointed when we first moved in, but we are starting to fit in. The room seemed smaller than the one they showed us originally. Once we got there, we realized the electrical outlets were missing, there are no outlets for phone or television, in the bedroom. We had to get wireless transmission which cost us some money. The food is good, and that has helped, it has been consistently good. There is a lack of activities, it seems like the main activity is talking. There aren't any separate room for activities. It's clean, and the staff is very good. You can't walk anywhere, though, nothing is close, you have to take a bus, and they limit you to five miles, after a ten mile round trip they start charging money. We chose them based on the room we saw, and we didn't get one like that. The patio for our room is quite small and has no room for furniture.

Anxious to move to casadelrio!

The first time you enter casadelrio you can feel the warmth of the staff and residents. Everyone smiles and the decor is so welcoming you realize you have found a comfortable place to live. There are several areas to gather and get to know your neighbors. The chairs and tables invite you to sit and have coffee. I was so impressed with all the incredible decor - which include an outside area with a fireplace when the weather cools off. Great pool for that exercise. The movie theater is awesome - comfy chairs and a huge screen! Some great older movies we have seen but love to see again. There is a cocktail bar to meet and greet your neighbors and the area where you can go outside and sit in a lovely garden area. The apartments are spacious and some have patios. I was so impressed overall with the "social aspect" where you can meet and greet your neighbors and be as busy as you like. There is always something to do so retiring is a great thing!

Good choice for my mom

My mother is very happy at Casa Del Rio. There is a very comfortable feel to the community and the people are friendly - she feels at home. She made a very good choice.

Very nice place!

Things seem to be going very well with Casa del Rio! It's a very nice place, the facility itself is beautiful, and the staff have all been very friendly and caring. They do a great job in terms of keeping it looking clean and up to date, and are currently doing some renovations!

Casa del Rio

Thank you for your review. We strive to provide a fresh and inviting community for our residents and glad to hear that you enjoyed it.

favorite so far. dining 7-...

favorite so far. dining 7-7 any time anything you want. breakfast is a real meal not just continental. Each resident gets two full meals a day. Light, airy, recently redone, working on new pool. Friendly people. Not too fancy, down to earth. Good food. wifi included. the one bedroom might have porch or enclosed officey area...

Casa del Rio

Thank you for appreciating our dining program! It truly is a benefit to offer residents the convenience of eating whenever they prefer. Not only do our residents and families take advantage of the delicious food, the staff enjoys it as well!

Mom said 'felt like home'. ...

Mom said 'felt like home'. Can't get better than that. Nice small kitchen with stove. Friendly people. Lots of activities, theater.

Casa del Rio

We are glad to hear that we have succeeded in creating a "home-like" atmosphere! Who wouldn't want a giant theater and surround sound in their home?

Welcome home

This living center supports an active lifestyle and assists those who need a little help. The homes are lovely, however the staff reaches beyond the normal limits. They exceed it. I contacted them from another state, Texas. A Place for Mom guided me to it with the specifications I needed for my dad. Great place for him to live. I did. It vi it's it at all befor placing my dad there. Their honest view and understanding was such a blessing. My husband drove out from Texas to show my dad the place. He felt welcomed on the first visit. This was a great feeling from the family. If you are on the side, this place is the best. And the services of A Place for Mom are great.

Casa del Rio

Thanks for choosing Casa del Rio for your father and we are very thankful to hear that the staff has exceeded your expectations.

Mom Wasn't Impressed by the Activities

They didn't seem to have the social activities program, or at least not the things that my mom would be interested in. I think they did a lot of trips and excursions and things but that didn't interest her.

Casa del Rio

Thank you for your comments. Our social programs, activities and events are constantly changing. We try to accommodate our resident's interests and are welcome all the suggestions we can get.

Fives All Around

Basically there is nothing wrong so fives all across the board. For the most part they do a good job and deliver what they said that they would. The food is good. The layout is spacious and nice.

1br. full kitchen. long and short le...

1br. full kitchen. long and short leases, flexible package plans for svcs you want.

Very nice complex, affordable, but no...

Very nice complex, affordable, but no assisted living available only home health care

Experience the best of both worlds at Casa del Rio, an established independent living community that recently completed a MULTI-MILLION DOLLAR RENOVATION. We offer newly appointed, luxurious one and two bedroom apartment homes with innovative amenities, unlimited, restaurant style dining, an expansive array of activities, complimentary luxury transportation and access to a courteous, respectful and supportive staff who are responsive to your individual needs. Drop in for a visit, enjoy a meal in our brand new dining area or contact us to schedule an appointment! Our professional staff will be pleased to offer you an introductory tour of your new home.

Our senior residents have a number of choices available for community living. Casa del Rio provides blends the character of an established Arizona location with state-of-the-art communications, supportive care services, an impressive and fun activities calendar and luxurious transportation options. We empower our residents to live in a first class environment and maintain their own decisions over life choices for as long as possible, with high levels of sensitivity to the realities of physical and mental changes from the natural aging process.

We offer the new generation of seniors an all-inclusive, affordable pricing package which includes a one or two bedroom apartment home, a delicious, unlimited dining plan, an array of activities, transportation and socialization. We operate as a state-of-the-art independent living community with supportive services designed to address the nutritional, social, mental, emotional, physical and community needs of today’s modern and active seniors. Don't just live...thrive and enjoy!