We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
|Room Type||Monthly Range* (USD)|
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
$ X,XXX - X,XXX
Get Pricing >
Get Pricing >
Click Here to Get Pricing: Get Pricing
* Published prices are provided by the providers themselves, not by reviewers. Actual quotes may differ from what is presented based on timing and services required.
- Minimum Age of Accepted Residents
- Activities Onsite
- Devotional Services Available
- Indoor Common Areas
- Meals Provided
- Aging in Place
- Nurses on Staff
- Podiatrist Available
- Complimentary Transportation
- Activities Offsite
- Outdoor Common Areas
- Beauty & Barber Services
- Pets Allowed
- No Smoking Allowed in Private Areas Indoors
- No Smoking Allowed in Public Areas Indoors
- Wheelchair Accessible Showers
- Hospice Available
- Respite Available
- Resident Parking Available
- Male Residents Accepted
- Female Residents Only
- Doctor on Call
- Homecare Onsite
The Forum at Desert Harbor is located on the shore of Desert Harbor Lake, with beautiful views of the surrounding waterfront. We are just around the corner from picturesque Sun City, and minutes from the 101 Loop access to Phoenix and the airport. We pride ourselves in our continued effort to deliver high-quality service to our residents. We received eleven awards at our annual meeting for outstanding service in multiple categories, as well as six food and beverage awards for the service and quality of food.
The Forum at Desert Harbor is a luxurious resort-style assisted living community along the New River in Peoria, AZ. While it's tempting to stay home and enjoy the amenities that The Forum at Desert Harbor offers, there's plenty to do in Peoria and the surrounding Phoenix area.
The name Peoria comes from the Illinois town of Peoria. The word ""peoria"" is an Illini word for ""prairie fire."" Settlers from Peoria, IL were recruited by industry baron William John Murphy in the late 1800s to build a community in Arizona. Today Peoria is a major suburb of Phoenix. Find out why Money magazine ranked Peoria as one of its Top 100 Places to Live.
- Walkability Score: 12 out of 100. Residents will be dependent on cars or other transportation
- Average Weather: Peoria, AZ has an average maximum of 98 degrees Fahrenheit in July and minimum of 54 degrees Fahrenheit in December.
- Average Age in Zip Code 85381: 36 years old
- Senior Center: Shadow Mountain Senior Center offers local field trips and activities as well as case management and resources for the elderly
- Veterans' Facilities: VA West Valley Vet Center provides counseling services Monday-Friday and the 2nd Saturday of each month.
The Forum at Desert Harbor residents can utilize many transportation options to explore Peoria, AZ and neighboring Phoenix.
- Bus: The nearest bus stop is Thunderbird Rd and Rio Vista Blvd, about a half mile walk from The Forum at Desert Harbor. Bus 138 takes you directly to downtown Peoria
- Senior Services: Peoria has a Dial-a-Ride program for seniors and persons with disabilities. Rides are Monday-Friday from 6 am-6pm and must be reserved by 5 pm the day before. Tickets are $1 per trip or seniors can buy a 20-ride pass for $18.
- Rideshare: Uber and Lift are available in Peoria, AZ
Shopping and Entertainment
The Forum at Desert Harbor residents can enjoy a multitude of dining and entertainment options in the area.
- Clothing Stores: There are two nearby malls North Valley Power Center and Arrowhead Towne Center which offer favorite clothing brands and chain restaurants
- Grocery Stores: Supermarket chain Sprouts Farmers Market is 1.5 miles away for the best local and organic produce
- Restaurants: Seniors can enjoy their favorite chain and fast food restaurants such as In-N-Out, McDonald's and Popeye's, under a mile away. For those who want to splurge, nearby Dillon's KC Barbeque or Arrowhead Grill is a good option.
- Hair Salons: Fantastic Sam's Cut and Color is 4.5 miles away
- Movie Theaters: There are two movie theaters under 3 miles away, the Harkins Theatres Arrowhead 18 and AMC Arrowhead 14. Both offer the latest Hollywood hits
- Libraries: The Foothills Branch Library in nearby Glendale, AZ offers fun activities for the entire community
- Bowling: Join a bowling league at Brunswick Zone Glendale Lanes and choose from 40 lanes or enjoy billiards and arcade games
The Great Outdoors
For Arizona residents who enjoy keeping active, there are beautiful public spaces are available nearby.
- Windrose Park: This nearby park is 7 minutes away from The Forum at Desert Harbor
- New River Trail West: The Desert Harbor neighborhood offers gorgeous walking trails along the river. Walk outside The Forum at Desert Harbor to join the wheelchair-accessible New River Trail West path which merges into the Skunk Creek Trail. Just north of Skunk Creek is the larger Arizona Canal Path
- Peoria Sports Complex: Watch the top teams in baseball conduct spring training at the nearby Peoria Sports Complex Stadium
- Golf: Quail Run Golf Course in nearby Sun City, AZ is a private member's club with a nine-hole course certified by the Audubon Society as a Certified Sanctuary
- Tennis: The recently redesigned Paseo Racquet Center is a USTA award-winning facility that offers daily tennis lessons and regular tennis tournaments
Health and Safety
Prospective Forum at Desert Harbor residents can rest assured that Peoria, AZ offers health and safety provisions for the community.
- Hospital: Banner Boswell Medical Center is the nearest hospital just 6 minutes away.
- Pharmacy: Sun City Pharmacy is a 3-minute drive for all medicinal needs
- Police: The Peoria Police Department is 4.5 miles away. Peoria residents have a 1 in 44 chance of becoming a victim of a crime.
- Fire Station: The Peoria Fire Department is 10 minutes away and ready to serve
For devout residents, there are many places to worship in Peoria, AZ and nearby Phoenix.
Christian Religious Institutions in Peoria, AZ :
- Baptist: Resurrection Baptist Church
- Catholic: St. Charles Borromeo Catholic Church
- Episcopal: St. Christopher's Episcopal Church
- Lutheran: Shepherd of the Desert Lutheran Church
- Methodist: Pathfinder Fellowship
- Non-Denominational Christian: Reunion Community Church
- Presbyterian: Phoenix Free Presbyterian Church
- Seventh-Day Adventist: Grace in the Desert Adventist Church
Non-Christian Religious Institutions in Peoria, AZ :
- Buddhist Priory: Truc Lam Buddhist Center/Chua Truc Lam
- Hindu Temple: Shirdi Saibaba Temple Arizona
- Islam Mosque: Islam Center of Peoria
- Jewish Synagogue: Beth Emeth Congregation
- Mormon Temple: The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- Quaker: Phoenix-Friends Meeting