Vintage Westwood Horizons - Los Angeles, CA

Welcome to Vintage Westwood Horizons Independent Senior Living in Los Angeles, California.

Make yourself at home at Vintage Westwood Horizons in Los Angeles, California. It’s a friendly, flexible environment that celebrates your individuality and nurtures your soul. We recognize that each new resident has a unique lifestyle. So we’ve tailored solutions to match: Independent Living, for our most active seniors with the assisted living option to bring in home health aides as needed.

Short Term Care, for a respite or recovery period.

Serving neighboring UCLA, Westwood, Bel Air, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Century City and more cities on the West Side of Los Angeles.

Vintage Westwood Horizons is surrounded by Bel Air, Beverly Hills, Westwood and Santa Monica. The UCLA campus is just around the corner. There is plenty of retail and entertainment choices nearby including Trader Joes, CVS pharmacy and New York style delis.

The UCLA Medical Center is also very close to Vintage Westwood Horizons.

Review of Vintage Westwood Horizons

I would give it a very low rating: It is not very clean. The food is not the best, but, one can manage to negotiate some better and healthier choices. There are very few good activities. However, the daily exercise classes are very good. The staff, for the most part are very nice and helpful. The residents are also very nice and very friendly. However, they are all in their mid to late 90's, most of them using walkers and wheelchairs There is one person in her early
70's , and two of us in the very early 80's. The worst thing is
that there is a great amount of [removed] of jewelry, electronics and expensive clothing items that have been happening here . When residents report it they are told that they misplaced or lost it and NOTHING IS DONE ABOUT IT. Now, since I've reported my [removed] to the Los Angeles police dept., they've been taking this a little more seriously. I have no intention of remaing here and will leave as soon as I find a more suitable place. Also, their transportation is very poor, and it's the only place that charges to use the washers and dryers, $1.25 and $1.00 respectively and they are of very poor quality equipment, and the laundry room on my floor is not clean.
Unfortunately, I made a very big and costly mistake moving here!!

Seemed like a nice place

We visited this community while looking into care options for a loved one. This seemed like a nice place, overall! Compared to some other options we had seen in the area you could get a very nice sized single bedroom apartment for the price. It is also conveniently located for shopping and errands. However the community is on the larger side, and we didn't get a good sense of the people here being engaged and connected.

Busy and vibrant. Smaller ...

Busy and vibrant. Smaller room. Large common areas. No medical support. Assistance available but at extra cost. Computers in common areas. Basic cable ncluded in rooms. Individual transportation

Vintage Westwood Horizons

I was thrilled bu the convenient downtown LA location . So convenient to get places . Now that driving is no longer an option , closeness to stores and a social world are conveniently near, or literally here.
The Staff is enthusiastic and more many have been the for over 10 years . The is a Happy Team Family that radiates from them . The quality of food and services is at least Good , and is often Very Good .

Very Large Building - 40 yr...

Very Large Building - 40 yrs old - small Ref and sink in bath - outdated - overwhelming - caotic - good location next to UCLA $3000 mn $1000 deposit

Great Location, Food, and Staff

My friend went ahead and took a room at Vintage Westwood and she's been there about two months or so now. The care has been slightly problematic but I think that's just due to one individual. There are a lot of activities and cultured ones - opera, movies and records. When I see what's going on there I think maybe I want to move there. The food is great and the staff is very polite. I think they need to have some English classes. They speak Spanish but none of them speak English very well. They're very good with my friend so that's my only critique right now.

I wanted a place where she could be more independent longer. She has a little dog and she can walk around in the area because there are things to do. If she wants to go to Trader Joe's or the movies, she can. It's very well situated. She's happy there.

Next To UCLA

The community is not very nice on the outside and could be updated. I have heard there are plans to remodel the building but not sure how accurate that is. The rooms are nice and updated fairly well. My mom has a beautiful view of mountains and trees from her window. This community is located next to UCLA. They have movies almost every day and offer lots of small things like that. One issue my mom is not happy with is they do not serve alcohol as much as she would like, they only serve it like once or twice a month. We chose Vintage because it is near family and the price was right for what we are getting. Would have preferred to get her into Belmont but it was just too expensive. Vintage does not offer assisted living and if my mother needs it then I would have to hire in for her. My mother is very happy and enjoys being here.

good square footage for the money. A...

good square footage for the money. Adding Assisted component and license, near UCLA, good walking, activities

Didn't like the Director. seemed bit ...

Didn't like the Director. seemed bit disorganized and felt like marketing commodity a bit. Large, bit scruffy environment, a lot of smart cultured folks Value pricing.

Recommended by a friend. "a lot of si...

Recommended by a friend. "a lot of similar folks from back east." A high-rise in Westwood. Possible plus--lots of people. Possible minus--lots of people. But the location is great. No Mah Jongg.