Sunrise of Santa Monica - Santa Monica, CA

Its all good.

Its all good. I do not have any complaints about ANYTHING with this facility. I would absolutely recommend to friends and other family. Just Overall a fantastic place.

Overall, It Has Been Good

I think that they could improve on service in the dining room. I think that they need to add some staff too. Honestly, I think they could use a pastry chef or someone that is good at baking. I know it sounds strange, but people like their desserts and they could be better. Overall though, it has been good.

Sunrise Senior Living

Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience at Sunrise. Please email Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com with further details so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

We enjoyed our visit and tour. I look forward to taking my mother there for lunch and to meet some of the residents. The activities looked interesting for her. I had the impression that they would work with us on my father's reluctance to move.

very nice, friendly, and helpful

I have been very well pleased with Sunrise of Santa Monica. There is a lady that lives there whom I love and have helped out for years, and I am happy to say that she is doing well. The people there are very pleasant to work with. All the staff are all very nice, friendly, and helpful.

The only possible area for improvement is that they do seem like they might be a tad understaffed. I am not sure if that is accurate or not, but that has been a perception of mine.

But they do a really great job.

nice place overall

The nursing staff and all those people are really very great. I do have some issues with the administration however as they have a tendency to make promises that they don't keep. That is one area for improvement. Another would be to make sure that the residents are able to make it to all the activities.

Overall it is a pretty nice place. The food is pretty decent also.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review and please know that we take all concerns seriously. We’d like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise, so please email us at Information(At)SunriseSeniorLiving(dot)com. Thank you, Sunrise Team.

First Week Went Well

We had to move Nana to Assisted Living and the staff at Sunrise understood how difficult this was. They were kind and supportive- the Executive Director met with us one on one a few times to address our concerns. The custodian helped us hang a heavy painting, providing the hardware. And the activities director made sure our Nana was busy immediately. The garage is an added benefit and the care staff watched her like a new mother watches a newborn. Very cozy place. We all relaxed, knowing Nana will be looked after here and will enjoy activities like art classes and The Getty tour. Added bonus is a church service with communion- she didn't have this at her last place. And it's all on two floors so she can walk down the hall to Bingo or take a quick elevator ride to the dining room.

This was very expensive.

This was very nice and very expensive. The base rate was a couple of thousand more than the place I chose. The rooms are smaller here too. The parking wasn't very good, you either had to find metered parking on the street or pay $12 at the lot next door .

You know how everything is ...

Not perfect, but very good.

My Dad has been at Sunrise on the Memory Care floor almost two months now. Obviously, a difficult decision to move him there as we had 24/7 caregivers for him at home. We felt he would receive good care and better stimulation at Sunrise. The staff is very, very friendly and I am very pleased with the level of stimulation he receives there, including going on outings up to two times per week. We still have a private caregiver with Dad from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. We have noticed that when the private caregiver is not there, Dad is not receiving the kind of care and attention we were hoping for. We understand his needs cannot be met exactly at the moment he needs them met, however, there have been mornings that he has soaked the bed. My concern is that he isn't checked on often enough during the night. They only have two full time staff for the overnight hours. I appreciate how difficult it is to manage a population of patients suffering from various forms of dementia and given that understanding, I feel Sunrise is doing a very good job.

A safe, caring environment

Sunrise is a beautiful, well kept facility with a very helpful, friendly staff. The staff has made my Mom's adjustment and mine very easy. Mom is enjoying the quality care she is receiving and I am enjoying the peace of mind that she is in a caring, safe environment.

Everything is Great

I'm not paying for it, it's my brother-in-law that's paying, but I know they gave us a deal for this first month. It's sort of half price because they're sort of evaluating my sister right now. It will go up in price if we leave her there. We really don't know what her needs are going to be so that's why we opted for this. I think everything is great. My sister is in the memory unit. There's assisted living and the memory unit. Tomorrow they're providing transportation for her to her doctor's appointment, so that's good.

Not What I Was Looking For

Sunrise was okay. I didn't get as comfortable of a feeling from the interation I had in my initial conversation with them. You know how everything is an extra charge for care in a lot of these places? They seemed to have a lot of that on top of the extra stuff my mom was going to need. By the time I was all done with it, the place I chose was a little more expensive but it was all inclusive so I didn't feel like I was being nickeled and dimed. Sunrise was a very nice community. If my mother was at an earlier point in her life I may have considered it. It just wasn't what I was looking for.

More Expensive

We liked it but it was a little bit more expensive than another place. It would have been our second choice.

Everyone was very nice and ...

Everyone was very nice and helpful. Will see if I can get my mom there Monday to see what she thinks.

This place was nice. The director was...

This place was nice. The director was very thorough although a bit intense at times. Felt like she was doing a hard sell. Her presentation sounded good, but I was disappointed in the room that she showed me. It was tiny, plain with no bathtub.

Sunrise Senior Living

Step into a Sunrise Assisted Living community and you can’t help but feel at home. We stop at nothing to make your experience warm and inviting, from our homelike exterior architecture, to our comfortable community areas and choice of suites to our exceptional outdoor gardens and landscaping. Look around and you’ll notice fresh flowers throughout the residence, and you may even spot our dog or our cat. And of course, there are always the friendly smiling faces of our staff to ensure that each day spent here is a welcome one.