Brookdale Santa Monica - Santa Monica, CA

Brookdale Santa Monica - Santa Monica, CA has yet not published prices.

Rooms are claustrophobic small and there's no possibility of cooking even a small meal in the room. They provide a small fridge inside the closet. Won't work for us but the facility has a lot to offer otherwise.

Care and comfort for dad

I like this community for the care for my father. the staff have always been nice and let me know if there are any changes. the community is clean and the atmosphere is nice. The menu of health meals are appealing. We like that he is active with the other residetns. We would highly recommend the care and the value of the community to other families.

Very Good Respite Stay Experience

I had a nice respite stay here at this community. This is a lovely community, everything went very well. They have a great staff, they all were very friendly. The community looked great, they do a good job with the cleanliness. I will say that the meal program needs improving. Overall it was a great experience and I would recommend it.

Best place to live in Los Angeles

Staff extremely helpful. Food is good. What can be better than overlooking the Pacific Ocean. On a clear day one can see forever

So far so good

The location of this facility is absolutely beautiful. The facility itself is well kept and clean. The staff is gracious and professional. There are a decent amount of activities for the residents to participate in. So far, so good.

staff is very nice

I think that the Brookdale Santa Monica facility makes some pretty good food for the residents that are living there and the staff members serving it are nice. It is just absolutely a beautiful location as well.

beautiful location

pretty good food

Great facility

Brookdale is a great facility. It is clean and nicely furnished and decorated. The staff is great. They are very accommodating. Everyone here is so friendly. The other residents here are so great to talk to.

They Do Everything Well

They have done everything well over at the Brookdale Santa Monica facility. They welcomed my loved one and made her feel comfortable and safe and they feed her well and she is happy there and flourishing.

Very nice looking place!

We visited this community (it was called Ocean House at the time of our visit) while looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this place was fantastic! The facility itself was clean and well decorated, and the staff I met all seemed friendly and professional. It seemed like they offered a great amount of services and care for the price. All that being said, it was just a little too big for the person I was looking into options for, she said it felt a little impersonal and more like a hotel.

Called 12/31/14 - Kourtney Hannan.

Described C & R needs and capabilities

530 sq. ft 1 bed
700 sq ft. 1 bed
930 sq ft. 1 bed

Respite stay - to try out
- minimum for 1 month
- fully furnished apartment
- to try out
- no one bedrooms available at this time

Assessment before moving in to determine needs
24 hours/day caregivers for
P/T, O/T, S/T on site
Caregivers will come in when needed
Caregivers with her multiple times a day to help with toileting, moving, etc.
Not with her all day, every day

120 residents
all levels mentally and physically
about 50% is completely independent

Discussion groups - current events
Different exercise classes, different levels
Lectures
40% of community are men
Men’s group
Choose what you want to do, lot
All transportation included w/in 10 miles M-Sat
- Doctors
- Shopping
- Tennis
Group outings
- Tours local or distance

1 bedroom - $5,900 - $7,700/mo
Penthouse - $9,500/mo
Meals, housekeeping, laundry, activities, cable & wireless internet, transport all included
Care is an additional $2,000 - $3,000/mo (incontinence, medication, help w/ everything)

Has a waitlist for 1-bedroom
Open up every 2-3 months

My mother - making friends, well tended to, enjoys food!

My mother has been there over a month. The folks who run the place, or tend to the elderly living there, are upbeat and efficient. Once my mother made some friends, the caregivers have kindly placed them together at a table quite often. Some people are not as enthusiastic about the food as we are - we are not looking for Lucques... we are happy with tasty, fresh, healthy and simple foods - all of which are always available. They are very responsive to requests for small portions, a big hit with my mother. The views of the ocean, the birds, and the sailboats are very pleasing. The air and sunshine, so fresh and abundant in Santa Monica, add to the sense of well being.

Very nice place!

This place was very clean and the staff is excellent. They were friendly and I can tell that they really care about their residents. They provide a high level of care and offered a fair amount of activities. I would consider placing my mother here if need be.

It's a great place, with wonderful people.

It's a great place, with wonderful people. We weren't there long, maybe ten days total, but the experience we did have was good. We would have liked to have gotten him there sooner.

Ocean front living complete with gorgeous views of the Santa Monica Pier await you at Brookdale Santa Monica. We offer independent living and assisted living on Ocean Avenue, just steps away from the sand.

Our exceptional location is only matched by the outstanding services we offer our residents. Whether you're admiring the ocean from our roof top patio, golfing with friends on our putting green or reading a book by the fire in our library, there is something for everyone at Brookdale Santa Monica. We offer a variety of amenities and activities to our residents, including:

Juicing
Wine & cheese socials
Gardening club
Cooking classes
French literature

We also go on many offsite excursions to have picnics at the park, go shopping and many scenic drives along the coast. We encourage our residents to share their interests with us and shape our monthly calendar around those requests.

In our gorgeous restaurant-style dining room we always serve a variety of meal options with seasonal meals and featured meals. Our residents assist in planning the menu with our chef to insure we are constantly serving meals that appeal to everyone.

Our community features four different floor plans, varying from studio to one-bedroom. All of which come with:

Bath
Living/ bedroom (or both)
Patio/ balcony
Large closet space

At Brookdale Santa Monica we help residents stay connected online to their family and friends through our award-winning ConnectedLiving program. Our experienced staff cares about our residents and we constantly work to create genuine and meaningful relationships with each individual. Our residents' health and happiness is our utmost priority.