Belmont Village Westwood - Los Angeles, CA

Belmont Village of Westwood, California is situated in a lushly landscaped residential neighborhood in the heart of Westwood. Our senior living facility is located along Wilshire Boulevard’s “Golden Mile.” Residents enjoy shopping at its best on Rodeo Drive, Century City and Westwood Village. Also convenient to the area are the UCLA Medical Center and its world-renowned physicians, the sunny beaches in Santa Monica, places of worship and excellent restaurants.

Just as spectacular as the amenities of the surrounding community are the care and services provided to residents of Belmont Village by well-trained staff. Upon arriving at Belmont Village of Westwood, a convenient valet service is on hand to help residents and their guests. The beautifully landscaped courtyard, terrace and grounds feature a variety of outdoor amenities including a swimming pool and walking paths. Inside, a concierge service is available to provide guests with assistance. While living at Belmont, residents can take advantage of our signature care programs, comfortable common areas, sun-filled library and computer center, as well as the multi-purpose theater. Plus, those with support needs benefit from a very responsive and knowledgeable assisted living team.

My tour!

I liked this community when we took our tour. The people we met were nice and it looked like a clean community. This community was just a little to far away for us.

This place did not feel right to us. It was very expensive and too big with 200 residents in Assisted Living. Most of all, we didn't like the feeling that we were in a hotel. I will not be taking my parents there for a visit.

Lorena Grimes

Thank you for visiting and for your feedback. We understand the importance of finding the right fit for your loved ones and we wish you the best in your search. Our Westwood community caters to residents in independent living, assisted living and memory care with a range of programs tailored to meet individual needs and interests within each of those groups and make each experience unique. Should you change your mind about a visit for your parents, our community relations team is available to discuss their specific situation and provide them with a personalized solution.

Review of Belmont Village Westwood Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Los Angeles, CA

The location, of course, is perfect. The building is impressive, and the staff are friendly but I had the distinct impression of them all trying much too hard to impress. We were invited to have lunch with the residents before we had 'the tour'. The food was exceptionally tasty. After lunch we were shown the residents common areas, theater and library. I then expressed interest in seeing the apartments, and strangely enough, this appeared to be a problem. We were told that a) there really was nothing available now, but if we wished to, we could be wait-listed b) the only accommodation that was available to see, was the very smallest of all the floor plans. Naturally we wanted to see it, and were taken upstairs in the elevator. I was shocked. You enter through a room that has linoleum on the one side of the floor, and a cheap and unattractive wall cabinet, and a sink and a stove and a fridge, the kind of look one would find in a low-income apartment building. (the assisted living apartments apparently have the same unit without a stove.The rest of the floor is carpeted in cheap, commercial grade carpeting. The living area is small. The bedroom is tiny, and is appointed with a tiny bare bones looking wooden closet. The bathroom is tiny and unattractive too. We were told the price was $9,100.00 per month. G-d alone knows what this cubby hole would cost with assisted living inclusive, or what the larger one bedroom apartments cost. We were told that the soonest an apartment would be available anyway, was about three months, although the larger units may free up sooner...?? I'm not sure why so little attention is given to the living arrangements, but I would have expected something a little classier with that price tag. On the way out we looked at the outdoor area next to a very old and poorly maintained swimming pool. Very uninviting.

Has a swimmingpool. But loo...

Has a swimmingpool. But looks like an hotel so not very homy. Large 2 bedrooms and good interaction with UCLA for lecture speakers. Cost of 2 bedroom with independent living is $7275 + minimal care costs if needed.

Great care and responsive staff

It's hard for my Dad, since he requires memory care but is much more active and aware than most of the other residents. Compared to other places we've had experience with this is a very good facility and they do what they can for my Dad's situation. The staff are very attentive and caring, and very responsive to questions or suggestions you might have.

For both: We only saw the f...

For both: We only saw the first floor at Belmont Village of Westwood because of an outbreak of a virus.. Residents were asked not to congregate in the common areas and to stay in their rooms. That meant we did not get to see any of the apartments or common areas upstairs. What we did see was very impressive -- clean, upscale, and well-run. I appreciated the thought and research that went into the design of the community. I also loved continuing education opportunities available through their association with UCLA. My boyfriend and I were ready to sign up! However, the cost could be prohibitive.

Really liked - a litte far,...

Really liked - a litte far, outdoor pool small and probably hard to use in winter, great dementia care, very clean and nice, residents seem content and well cared for, can possibly get room with a view

Gorgeous!

It's beautiful but high-end dollars! It's absolutely gorgeous, you know. If we had the money it would be wonderful.

Mom Wouldn't Feel At Home

It was more expensive and it's on a busy street. The staff was not as friendly. It's a big place with a lot of residents. It felt like you wouldn't get that personal touch. It was nice inside but not as nice and plush as another place. It was a nice facility but my mom wouldn't feel at home there.

NO Communication or Coordination

Both my friend and her husband resided there for a little more than a year and I was in charge of finding them a place. He had Alzheimer's and was in the neighborhood, the secured facility. She was in the assisted living. I hated it. It was horrible! I have nothing good to say.

It's an absolutely stunning facility. It's relatively new and it's like a hotel. During the time that they were there, there were 3 or 4 different administrators and 3 or 4 different activities facilitators. The individual people that work there are okay but I felt like no one ever talked to anyone else. It's like the left hand didn't know what the right was doing. Between the huge size of the place and the constant turnover, they never got their stuff together. The lack of coordinated care was horrible. I would never ever ever recommend that facility to anyone.

Phenomenal Administrative and Nursing Staff

My mom went there and just was there for a short time under hospice care so she didn't really get to take advantage of the full value of the things they had to offer. Their activities looked good but she wasn't able to utilize them. I had a lot of interaction with the administrative staff and they were phenomenal! The nursing staff and the hands on caregivers were phenomenal; they were a 10!

Most expensive. more afflue...

Most expensive. more affluent, sharper crowd. great staff. interesting lectures, etc. can have own apt. A 2 br could run 6,000/mo. A range of services, from independent apartments to assisted.

Large 2 bedrooms and good interaction...

Director is phenomenal! I was ready ...

Director is phenomenal! I was ready to move in myself after meeting with her. Would like to be placed on a waiting list.