Holiday Villa East - Santa Monica, CA

Great Place For Mom

My Mom & I recently toured this lovely establishment. [name removed], the current manager, was very courteous & friendly. It is an independant living community, which provides entertainment, physical activities & short trips to their residents. The building has been recently renovated, giving it a lively & youngish feel to it. We were treated to both a delicious breakfast & lunch. The rooms were airy & bright. The visit was very enjoyable & when mom decides, I'm sure she will pick Holiday Villa East.

A. Nice community. It was clean, nice grounds with flowers and plants. a nice pool and jacuzzi. Overall, a nice homey setting.

I'm Extremly Pleased

I love it here at Holiday Villa East. This is an independent living community, and I find it is like a hotel for seniors with meals included. The staff at Holiday Villas do an exceptionally good job, and they are all very nice. The food here is some of the best I've had in these kind of facilities, however, they do not serve food between mealtimes unless requested. I've met a lot of new people here, and I have one friend in particular that I meet with quite often for games of Rummy Cube and Mahjong. I'm very comfortable here, and I couldn't be more pleased.

Did Not Like Community

I knew as soon as I walked in that this community was not going to be a good fit for my mother. The community was very dated and depressing. They had no designated areas for activities or a specified common room to watch tv or read. It was just a simple very slow paced community not a lot going on. There were residents sleeping not doing much of anything. The staff was nice and very friendly

Very nice and great location. Seems like it could work. The little bigger ones would be better but only on 2nd floor. Main level with slider to patio nice. 2 sitting areas and dining room pleasant.

All Is Well For My Mom

The experience and care is going well so far. She has staff that are courteous and friendly. The community is clean and the meals are good. Mom seems to like the place.

Like the location, but the building looks old and there are gardens or a pool

A good value for Santa Monica

While the staff is very friendly overall, there really isn't much 'assistance' here unless you hire caregivers to attend to your loved one's needs. If your senior relative needs help in the shower, that will be an extra charge. Medications to be given - that will incur a charge.

The facility needs a walk-in soaking tub that residents can make a reservation for and have assistance. Sometimes a person's joints hurt and a good hot bath would help. There is a 'shower' room on the second floor that could be converted to a bath room - that would be a needed amenity.

If a senior has a private caregiver to help them, they cannot partake of the outings unless there is room for the caregiver, so that is a bummer.

Sometimes dinner portions could be larger also - especially of favorites like mashed potatoes. I don't recall if there was a pizza night, but that might be a good idea to liven up things.

A good value in a great locale, but anything you might think is included is not, and the little extras will add up.

Parking can also be a problem if you come during popular visiting hours, as the garage is rented out to another business and there is limited guest parking. The street parking in Santa Monica is worse, so you are lucky if you can get parking downstairs and probably shouldn't complain.

The carpet needs to be cleaned better, as one area looks like it has yellow, indebted vomit. When the carpet is cleaned, it seems to only be with water.

A good value for Santa Monica

Great place for mom

Great value. Very clean. Nice rooms. Very friendly and accommodating. Meals are not great and could be greatly improved but breakfasts are very good. Safe community and close to everything, including hospitals, doctors, restaurants, banks, shopping.

Nice, clean and accommodating

This place turned out to be a great place for Mom. It is clean, and safe environment. The staff is caring and very accommodating. Although my mom feels she is "too young" for this place, she is willing to give it a try. Our family feels it is a wonderful place should she need additional care, they will help with that. Right now she is very independent. The food is ok but they do give a variety.

Great place for mom

I can't say enough good things about Holiday Villa East. From the first time I met with the owner, Sam Rosenberg, he was very warm and reassuring. I liked how clean the environment was and that the room for my mom was very spacious and modern. I feel that the neighborhood is safe and close to public transportation. There are a lot of activities, a library, two large lounges and a nice dining room. I also understand they are putting in a gym! The price is great for all that you get and the location and that's coming from a realtor who can appreciate good value.

the best place for my father-in-law

The staff are very caring and friendly. The facility is very clean and have enough activities to keep the residences busy. your request will be taken care of promptly by friendly staff. the price is very reasonable. we are very pleased with the facility.

I really love Holiday Villa East. I f...

I really love Holiday Villa East. I feel it will be a great fit for my mom.. We're currently in the process of figuring out the timing to transition her. The staff there seemed very friendly, and great. My family really liked the place when we toured it.

A comfortable non-intimidating environment for Mom

I really like Holiday Villa East. The staff is wonderful. The food is really very good. I think for someone like my mother who is 84 and a rather negative person who has to be pushed to do anything, the residence has proven to be welcoming and not at all intimidating to her. She has been there a week and a half and hopefully as more time goes by she will participate in more of the activities. Lupe and Sam are wonderful people and I have no worries about her safety and only hope she takes advantage of this lovely environment.

Holiday Villa East provides good care...

Holiday Villa East provides good care to my loved one. Staff is friendly, they are very attentive, accommodating, and responsive. Management is wonderful.I viewed several places, and this one is the best place by far. I am satisfied with the services overall.

It is quite old and a bit d...

It is quite old and a bit dingy. People seem happy there and there is a mixture of levels of capacity. Lots of activities as well. Sam was very wonderful and helpful.

Lupe incredible. Sam nice i...

Lupe incredible. Sam nice in emails. clean attentive. great location. not stylish enough? price perfect

Dad Is Happy

I know they're starting a renovation soon. The furnishings and décor are a little outdated but the are fixing that in the renovation. The rooms are a nice size and the food is excellent. They have tai chi classes, exercise, current events, they bring in, for the holidays, different religious leaders to lead services. My dad is very happy there.

Busy area in SM - ok place ...

Busy area in SM - ok place with reasonable rates $2600 - a bit outdated but ok

Good For Active Seniors

For retirement I think I would give them a 3.5 or 4, for people who are pretty active but for someone who needs more care, like my mother and there are a ton of people there that do, I would have to rate it at the low end. It's a retirement community but more than half the people there seem like they should be in assisted living or a nursing home. It didn't work for my mom because she needed more care and it was going to cost way too much to add that on.

The people there are very positive, particularly the people that work in the office. My mom would stay in her room a lot and when she would come out she would be smiling so they though she was adjusting really well. Really she was very sad and depressed and they had no clue.

Positive Experience

Overall it's been a very positive experience. I think the people that work there are just terrific and really care about the residents. They're actually in the process of renovating so it's kind of hectic but I saw some of what they're doing and it's going to be even nicer than it is. This is our first experience with assited living or independent living. My mother complains that the meal time is too short and too early but otherwise, her room is really very nice and the facility is nice. The staff is incredibly helpful so overall it's been very positive.

Part of why we chose this is the location is very close to the UCLA medical facilities so my mom can walk to a lot of her doctors and in terms of what you can get in Santa Monica it's a tremendous value, very affordable.

Active community

Holiday Villa East is pretty diverse in term of ages. There are people from 65 and up. Some of the residents here are very active and that is what we were looking for. Our loved one is very active and we wanted a place where he would be able to makes friends and stay active. The staff here is extremely friendly and extremely accommodating. We are very pleased with them and would recommend them to anyone.

Good Community

(Activities Not Rated) The condition of community really made it one of the top communities on our list. The staff was very friendly, attentive, and helpful. They really tried to help whenever they could. It was a good community.

Clean. Lots of activities. Friendly...

Clean. Lots of activities. Friendly/kind staff. $200 deposit. Allows pets. Nice size rooms. Clean and sunny. Love the santa monica location.

Liked the owner and long term employe...

Liked the owner and long term employee I met very much. Like the location. Rooms/bathrooms were best I've seen in first couple days. Extremely active building, possibly overwhelming to a newcomer.

Re- Discover fresh air and sunny days in Santa Monica at The Holiday Villas. Family owned and operated means exceptional retirement living with personalized service. Since 1972, The Holiday Villas have been a leading provider of high-quality senior housing serving the Santa Monica and West Los Angeles areas.

The Holiday Villas are one of the city's most experienced and reputable senior living settings. Throughout our history we have grown to accommodate the needs of seniors and their families desiring quality Independent Senior Living at Holiday Villa East or Assisted Living-Dementia Services at Holiday Villa for an affordable price and with personalized service.

Referrals for affordable outside care & assistance also available