Walker Methodist Place - South Minneapolis, MN

extremely impressed

The staff at Walker Methodist Place are sincere, honest, and sensitive. I am extremely impressed with this facility. Unfortunately mom was not able to participate in any activities here but they do offer a lot. I cant think of anything at this time that I would have them improve on.

who would stay in Florida?

I recently moved my mom who is 93 from a similar independent living setting in Ft Myers FL to Minneapolis. It has been a wonderful experience feeling supported and loved during a time of great stress on our family due to another couple of significant health problems. Staff at Walker Methodist Place stepped in to function really like family for mom as I had surgery and my wife was in Boston as her mom passed away.
Not only are the services at Walker Place superior to Ft Myers, but the medical team they helped assemble for her has performed miracles. They had a first visit with new GP on Monday following her arrival. He set up a number of other appointments we needed for her care. The best news is that he was able to greatly reduce her medications. Now down to only 2 pills / day plus some eye drops. The reduced meds allow mom to function more independently and confidently. I am so grateful that we were able to move her here. Her friends in Ft Myers are complaining about their hot, sticky weather, so I suggested they all move to Walker Place! It is even less expensive here.

They require deposit of $93...

They require deposit of $93,000 so they're off our list. If they didn't require such a big deposit, they'd rate 5 stars.