Village on the Park - Onion Creek - Austin, TX

I tored this community

The tour was nice. The staff were helpful and answered all my questions. This place seemed very corporate. It had no trees and it was in the boonies there was nothing around it to go shopping. they kept telling my in-law's that they would feel like they were on a cruise all the time or on vacation but they wanted a home not a hotel. Needless to say we chose elsewhere.

Village on the Park appears to be a loving an welcoming senior community. We were greeted by friendly staff and given a nice tour. They are a smaller community with a great activity schedule.

Beautiful facility!

This facility was one of my first choices when I was looking for an assisted living home for my mom. The thing that I really liked about it was that there's assisted and independent living in the same facility, which means you don't have to move your loved one in the event that things change for them. The head nurse there is amazing and was willing to answer any questions I had. I would've chosen this place if it hadn't been for the location. It was just a bit too far from me but I would recommend this community.

Enjoyed the Community

We really liked the tour with Village on the Park. The man who was the sales director was very good when presenting the community and we were going to use them for my loved one. Until we saw a different community that looked way more pretty with more amenities. I think that what A Place For Mom provides for help is valuable services, they helped us when we didn't know where to start.

Nice Staff/Bad Food

Staff is friendly, food is TERRIBLE!! Food was acceptable when parents moved in but has gotten worse as time has gone on. Staff are friendly and helpful. If food was better would be an exceptional value,

I Wish It Was A Move-In

I thought this was a suitable community and it was really great. At the time we were looking for both my grandparents, but it was going to be a little more for the rent. It is a very nice community.

Highly Recommend This Community

I would say this is one of the best community's in the Austin area. This has been a great move for my mother, and her needs. She likes it, and I'am satisfied with all they have done for us. It is a smaller community compared others, but it is a very nice facility. She has a fabulous bathroom, and good views from her room. The staff is polite, and friendly when I come to visit. They provided three different levels of care, and also they allow pets. It has been a great experience for us in this community, and I would highly recommend it.

A newer place!

When I toured Village on the Park, it would have been my second choice. It was expensive and they did not have a washer/dryer or dish washer connection in the apartments. They were newer, so I understand they were still trying to get established. They even hired a landscaping company to try and hide the air conditioning units.

They offer all kinds of activities.

Mom loves living at Village on the Park. The staff are excellent, friendly and always say hello. I have eaten at this community and the food is excellent. They offer a good variety of choices. The community is kept clean and I would recommend it.

Care for mom

I like the care at this community for the care that my mom has received. The activities were really good at the beginning, but they did not have a activite director. Mom likes the meals and the variety that we offered. I would recommend this community, but i would recommend that families come to the community without notice

Best Of The Best!!

The Village of the Park is at the top of my list. The community is beautiful. I have a friend who currently resides here and she loves it! The staff is very friendly and attentive. My son toured this community and had nothing but good things to say about it.

Pleasant Staff/Bad Food

Staff are friendly and responsive to client needs. it's clean and apartments are good size for retirement apartments. Biggest complaint is that the food has gone down considerably since mother and dad moved in. Additionally, when they moved in one of the reasons they moved to this particular facility was because they served three meals every day. That has since been reduced to two meals on Sundays. The last time I ate there (6/15/17) I was served an entree that was completely inedible. I complained to the person at the desk and told the waiter the meal was terrible. However, my complaint seems to have not impacted food service. Everything about the place is great, except the food. My opinion is that the food is terrible and it appears that family/resident complaints don't seem to impact it.

This is a beautiful, new community. I was very impressed with the facilities and my contact person, Sharon [Removed]. If I was looking for a place for Myself, this would be my choice of the three assisted living communities I visited. However, my Mom thinks it is too far away from her granddaughters to visit conveniently so she dropped it from consideration.

Very nice assisted living facility. There is not a Alzheimer unit.Many areas for residents to use. Several activities were going on to choose from. Staff seemed nice. They work with Silverado the Alzheimer facility next door across the parking lot and staff assist residents with visiting next door if married to a person with Alzheimers who resides there.

Very nice assisted living facility. There is not a Alzheimer unit.Many areas for residents to use. Several activities were going on to choose from. Staff seemed nice. They work with Silverado the Alzheimer facility next door across the parking lot and stadd assist residents with visiting next door if married to a person with Alzheimers who resides there.

Very nice assisted living facility. Many areas for residents to use. Several activities were going on to choose from. Staff seemed nice. They work with residents and assist them with visiting next door at Silverado if married to a person with Alzheimers who resides there.

Very nice assisted living facility. Many areas for residents to use. Several activities were going on to choose from. Staff seemed nice. They work with residents and assist them with visiting next door at Legacy Oaks if married to a person with Alzheimers who resides there.

My mom lives here now

We moved my Mom here and she is very happy and I visit and I'm happy. The food is good and the staff is great and I would recommend this place to anyone. If you have aging parents, it is best to help them get downsized and into this type living arrangement before they get into a situation where they can't participate in the move (like picking out what to take and what to sell/donate etc.) We (my brother and I and Mom) are glad we did this now instead of waiting. Also the facility is brand new which makes it a nice "new" home to move to, not been used by anyone else :)

Really nice place, wonderful staff!

Our experience with Village on the Park has been a very good one, so far! The employees here are outstanding, and they're what makes it such a nice place to be in! They're very friendly, and they do a great job keeping everything looking clean and well kept. Other than a few complaints about the food (which has been improving), we haven't heard a single negative thing from the other residents!

Mess Hall problems and my 1401 cottage kitchen sink

Not much to complain about.
But . . . I would like a better choice of cereals for breakfast as our only current choices are sugar - coated mainly suited for youngsters. I would prefer the old fashioned kind such as Kellogg's corn flakes, Kix, Wheaties, Rice Krispies, etc.

Soon daylight savings time will kick in -- right now, we are blinded by the early morning sun -- we need additional shading on the east side of the dining room.

Would like disposal installed in my kitchen sink (I've had one in all my residences for over 50 years now and it makes life better).