Elmcroft of Austin - Austin, TX

We toured this community

I went on a tour here and the staff was nice and helpful.
They answered all of my questions. The staff here really didn't address the residents and I didn't like that. And they were reading Little Red Riding Hood I know they have memory issues but I couldn't think about my dad listening to that.

Lives up to their expectations

Elmocroft left a good impression with me and since then they have lived up to that. The staff and facility itself are really good. The maintenance guys are great in fixing my Mother's AC. They got on it right away. The dining room staff is helpful and friendly as well. The food is really tasty and they serve 3 meals a day. They also go around during the day offering residents snacks. For activities, they do crosswords, singing evens, music events, and family get-togethers. I would recommend this facility.

Having lived in this community nearly 2 years. I would rate this community near the top.

I enjoy living here. The staff is great. Food is good, room is comfortable.

Megan Strothman

We are so happy you chose Elmcroft! We love having you here.

Very good facility with caring staff. We have enjoyed having our parents here and it has been a good experience.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind review! There is no greater honor than to be trusted with a very special member of your family.

I love living here. The staff is always friendly and good at their job. We enjoy living here. I do wish that they would remodel and bring everything up to date.

Megan Strothman

Thanks, Bonnie! We love having you here. Remodeling is definitely something we are looking into!

Friendliest staff.
Love their breakfast.

Megan Strothman

Thanks, David! We are glad to hear you love the breakfast! We will share that with the chef.

You have an excellent worker and is the best I have seen.

Very good. The food is good – medical is very good and the senior staff seems very good and efficient. I have no complaints.
I have not resided any others so I can’t compare.

Megan Strothman

Than you for your kind words! We are so happy that you are enjoying your stay at Elmcroft!

Warm, friendly community. Very clean, good meals.

Elmcroft always smells good upon entering and is clean!! The staff is always pleasant and helpful.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the compliment! We are glad you have had a pleasant experience with us.

Wonderful place!

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your kind words, Doris!

Great staff. Always nice, courteous and helpful.
Would love to see some Mexican food served every once did a while.

Megan Strothman

Thanks, Maria! We will pass on your request to the chef. We are glad you chose Elmcroft!

Small facility but seemed nice. Tour guide could not answer many of our questions.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback! We are sorry to hear that your questions were not answered. Please reach back out to the community, as they should be able to answer all of your questions.

They showed a little something extra

My mother started out in the assisted living area at Elmcroft of Austin, but I sooned realized that she was in need of memory care. So while I had my mother out to lunch they moved her entire room over into the memory care apt so that when we came back my mother felt she was still in her own apt.
They are very caring, compassionate and they show their residents that little extra something in how they care for them. I did some intensive research in finding a place for my mother and Elmcroft showed me that they went the extra mile. They have what they call companion rooms which have separate bedrooms but a shared sitting room and my mother had a built-in friend! They have become inseparable. Elmcroft staff makes sure that your family member is not isolated and that they are kept active with coloring, bingo (using animal crackers instead of chips which my mom ate as she played). They make a baked dish each Wednesday (a yummy peach cobbler last week.) There's also the exercise group for all who want to burn off calories to participate in.
The Memory unit has their own dining area with table clothes, and in fact we had a birthday party for my mom on the 11th. Everyone attended (including the director) showing the little something extra they do. They also have a great gerontologist practice that visits the premises so I do not have to take my mother out,
My goals for mom was safety, quality of life and that I could be a part of her care- Elmcroft offers all three of these! I can definitely recommend Elmcroft of Austin to my friends and family.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your kind words! Our mission is dedicated to enriching the lives of the individuals who live and work with us. We are so glad to hear that your experiences have been pleasant. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we want to let you know that we love having your mom here.

Good place

Staff there have been very helpful and pleasant and helpful.

Megan Strothman

Glad to hear it, Deborah! Thanks for your feedback.

Options for care

. I toured this community. The community did seem dark inside. I did not see that they had activities in this community. I was able to see that there was a nurse on site. I did not have the feeling that we were looking for.It did not havea good feeling being there. They do have a dog in house. I would suggest families tour this community for the care. It was not a clean community

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your review and feedback.  Our priority at Elmcroft of Austin is to provide a home-like atmosphere and the very best care for our residents.  We regret you did not fully experience the Elmcroft difference during your visit.  Please know we truly value your comments, it's paramount to helping us better serve future residents and families.

Family Happy with This Community

Mom is doing very well here at this community. The family is very pleased with all they have done for us. They have a great staff. They have been great to work with, and very helpful, and attentive. My aunt even moved into the community. Everything is working very well, and I would recommend this community.

Anonymous

Rebecca does a wonderful job cleaning my room.

Review of Elmcroft - Austin, TX

Carol (Housekeeper) is very polite. I’m very pleased with her thoroughness.

Review of Elmcroft - Austin, TX

Thanks for all you do to help me. I have not been feeling well of late. I think I am getting old. I will be 90 on my next birthday!

Review of Elmcroft - Austin, TX

The house keeping group do a good job.

Review of Elmcroft - Austin, TX

3 stars to shronda Dobin, Martha munoz & Veronica marquez. I cannot ask for kinder or better help.

Review of Elmcroft - Austin, TX

You do a wonderful job. Cleaning my room, thank you so much.
Re: Rebecca Sanchez

Review of Elmcroft - Austin, TX

Thanks for your hard work!

Review of Elmcroft - Austin, TX

Elmcroft has a great program and the activities were the reason we choose Elmcroft for mom.

Review of Elmcroft - Austin, TX

Re: Rebecca. She is a wonderful, hardworking lady.

Review of Elmcroft - Austin, TX

Rebecca/ Housekeeping. She is your very best employee.

Review of Elmcroft - Austin, TX

The housekeeping group does a good job.

Review of Elmcroft - Austin, TX

Re: Mike manior. Thank you for all the things you do for my mom. Replace the a/c unit. Replacing the light bulb and replacing her picture.

Review of Elmcroft - Austin, TX

Re: Housekeeping. Good service & helpful always.

Review of Elmcroft - Austin, TX

Carol (Housekeeping) is nice & fun to be around. She has a good attitude.

Review of Elmcroft - Austin, TX

Son on move in day… Everyone is so nice here. I’m so glad we choose this place.

Review of Elmcroft - Austin, TX

Rebecca (Housekeeping) does a good job. Keeping my place clean.

Review of Elmcroft - Austin, TX

Rebecca (Housekeeping) is truly a wonderful cleaner. I appreciate her very much.

Review of Elmcroft - Austin, TX

Rebecca (Housekeeping) does a great job.

Review of Elmcroft - Austin, TX

Laurie is a blessing to this place.

Review of Elmcroft - Austin, TX

Rebecca does more than all the rest for me in the way of extra help!

Review of Elmcroft - Austin, TX

This is the cleanest community. I’ve seen and it smells great!

Review of Elmcroft - Austin, TX

Rebecca is truly a wonderful cleaner. I appreciate her very much.

Review of Elmcroft - Austin, TX

Rebecca does a great job keeping my place clean.

Review of Elmcroft - Austin, TX

Housekeeping does an excellent job!

Review of Elmcroft - Austin, TX

Mom is doing so much better since she moved here. We know we made the Right decision!

Review of Elmcroft - Austin, TX

My mom moved one place - didn’t like it, moved another place – didn’t like it. Moved to Elmcroft and is so happy!

Review of Elmcroft - Austin, TX

Carol (Housekeeping) is nice and fun to be around. She has a good attitude.

Review of Elmcroft - Austin, TX

Good service and helpful.

Review of Elmcroft - Austin, TX

Rebecca & Carol did a great job cleaning my room. I appreciate their thorough work.

Review of Elmcroft - Austin, TX

I’ve heard so many times from so many people that Laurie’s activities are why people choose and enjoy living at Elmcroft.

Review of Elmcroft - Austin, TX

I’m glad to see Hillrie Green is still the activity director at Elmcroft. They are lucky to have her.

Review of Elmcroft of Austin - Austin, TX

We are constantly thankful that Laurie is at Elmcroft. You cannot begin to imagine how important she is in our lives because she brings happiness to my mom and a sense of reassurance to Steve and me.

I really liked this community. I was impressed by the friendliness of the staff I met and I liked the fairly small size of the community. I thought the grounds were attractive and the rooms felt the most like home of the 3 communities I toured, I believe this community is the best size and in the most convenient location for family members to visit my Mom conveniently. I plan to schedule a visit for my Mom to tour the community as soon as possible.

Building showing its age. Narrow halls. Could get an exact amount. Too corporate.

Review of Elmcroft of Austin - Austin, TX

Laurie is an excellent bus driver. I'll go anywhere with her.

They also do the best job on my laundry.

Review of Elmcroft of Austin - Austin, TX

Thank you to Shronda [removed] for all she did for me last week. She is a keeper - kind, loving and thoughtful.

Review of Elmcroft of Austin - Austin, TX

Rebecca [removed] is a great person to have around! Not only is Rebecca a wonderful cleaner, she is a very nice person who is helpful in Many Ways!

Review of Elmcroft of Austin - Austin, TX

Laurie always goes above and beyond her job description.

Reasonably nice place, but I don't think they have what we're looking for in terms of memory care unit.

Review of Elmcroft of Austin - Austin, TX

Everyone is very nice and helpful.

A Pretty Good Community

Everything is going pretty well for my mother at this community. My family is comfortable with the type of care they are providing her. The community looks nice, they do a good job of keeping everything nice and clean. The staff is good, they are helpful and kind. There are many activities for her to choose from. The food is pretty good. The only problem I had was with the misinformation they gave us regarding hospice care. Overall everything is well and I would recommend it.

Review of Elmcroft of Austin - Austin, TX

The management is terrific. The chef is great, he prepares good/tasty meals. Laurie is great, she takes us out to good places to eat and interesting places and things to do.

Review of Elmcroft of Austin - Austin, TX

The night people coming on at about two in the morning talk and laugh so loudly that they wake me up. Then they have an old man who gets up and yells up the hallway at midnight. If I could afford a better place I'd move!!!

Review of Elmcroft of Austin - Austin, TX

All of my meals are well-portioned and on time. I have facilities for laundry. The staff is very mindful to provide activities that are varied to occupy us and include some personal things; such as reading time. Our medications are given to us in a timely manner by professional med-technicians.

Accommodating and welcoming staff!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Elmcroft of Austin! It was a difficult situation for us, and the staff here was very understanding and very accommodating throughout the whole process. I also really appreciate how much they went out of their way to help my loved one feel welcome!

Great staff that dedicates their time to you and your family's differing individual needs.

So far so good

This feedback is based only on my tour and conversations I've had with others in the field. We really enjoyed the tour. Mary was very informative and really seems to care about the residents on a personal level. She asked me lots of questions about my dad and seemed really interested in hearing about his particular situation. The facility is clean, and I love the layout because it is in a U shape, not a circle. The residents seemed happy and active and the activities calendar is super amazing. Every staff person I met was very friendly and outgoing and it seems like a really great family atmosphere, with activities designed for families of residents to participate in. I would feel very comfortable having my dad live in this facility.

Caring Hearts at Elmcroft

My father is very happy at Elmcroft of Austin. The facility is a little older but is well maintained and spotless. The staff has been very helpful in transitioning my dad into his new home. The caregivers are kind, attentive and very knowledgeable. They have called me several times with their observations so I can address various medical and physical issues. It is so helpful having "extra eyes" on your loved one so you know that they are being taken care. The staff has gone above and beyond to help my dad get involved in activities he is passionate about. The front receptionists always have a warm, friendly smile to greet me when I come to visit.

I rest a lot easier knowing my dad is getting 3 great meals a day, getting his medications on time and knowing he is meeting new friends.

The tour was Great! The facility was exceptional and the staff seemed fantastic. I feel very comfortable that this facility will take terrific care of our parents and that they will have a comfortable living arrangement.

Good food, friendly staff

They've done a wonderful job so far at Elmcroft of Austin, we're very pleased with it! The food is great, the staff have all been friendly and attentive, and the facility itself is well kept and clean. They're definitely worth a look!

I had to wait 30 minutes for someone to see me, which seems to be the standard with all visits to properties, but in this case the receptionist was very cordial and friendly while I waited. The community is very, very nice and the residents there are very outgoing about stating how pleased they are to reside there. The rates are higher than what "A Place for Mom" told me.

exceptionally helpful

The staff is very friendly. It has been a really good experience, and they have been exceptionally helpful in many ways.

One area where they could improve would be in communication. When I ask a question I will often get half an answer, and although things are usually done they do not follow back up with me to keep me informed and let me know what has been done.

Generally overall it's a very good place and we are happy to have our aunt there.

Knowledgeable, and impressive staff, but cleanliness lacking.

This is one of the places we toured when we were looking. While I was impressed with the staff, and their knowledge base. The state of the facility, and the overall cleanliness, detracted us from choosing them. We were also shown empty rooms that were in transition, and I think seeing a model room or even a current residents room and being able to see what that would look like, rather than an empty dirty room, would have been more helpful.

If you can put up with the management they take good care.

The personnel that took care of my loved one were excellent, and they took good care of him. I wasn't all that happy with the management part, they didn't seem to have real good communication between them, and we caught them in several lies. One person would tell us one thing and another person would tell us something else. They weren't very consistent about the rules, and what you were allowed to have and not have. We had a small amount of money missing, at one point, and while they took care of it, it was still disconcerting. Everything was kept clean. Everybody there was pretty friendly. The lady that runs it was sometimes not all that friendly when she disagreed with us. The facility itself is beautiful and full of sunlight, except the memory care, it was dark and kind of tomb like. When my loved one fell and went to the hospital they never got in contact with us to check on us, and when our loved one passed away, and nobody even said anything about it. The food was pretty good. They had music on a weekly basis, and memory care is only included in some of the activities, the activities weren't daily in memory care. They would sit down and play games and do art. If you can put up with the management they take good care.

I ranks above Grace House. ...

I ranks above Grace House. The rooms are MUCH larger. Like the feel of the dining room and a lot more space to do things. Isn't as personalized service, staff ratio 1:10 vs 1:8. Price for a 2-bd suite, which she would LOVE is the same as Grace house (comparing GH Level 2, to Elmcroft level L).

The best place for my mom

I moved my mom here after looking at several places. She went into assisted living, but we quickly discovered she needed more. All the staff from the director to all the other staff members went out of their way for my mother. They have striven to give her the very best care. Everyone who deals with her treats her lovingly and with respect. Words do not convey how grateful I am.

Not A Good Home For Loved Ones

Elmcroft can be a very nice place but once you get around you start noticing that things are good. First, ive seen [removed] who is the superior and manages the whole place always sitting in her office and dont doing a thing to help around. Also, many of the residents have gone to her and she would suggest on helping them but never do anything to help. And she also hires people who she calls as her favorites and let them get away with everything such as caregivers always sitting in the breakrooms, when they should be checking up on the residents. The residents rooms have been very dirty and the housekeeping has not been doing their job, instead their out doing whatever they want. Lastly, ive seen a couple of care givers and med techs screaming at the residents. i would never trust my parents at this place and i feel very bad for those who have put their loved ones or thinking of putting them in here. after walking around and witnessing the kind of workers who poeple put their trust on isnt acceptable.

A perfect place for my mom

I was struggling with a difficult decision with moving my mom to assisted living. I visited several places, but I loved Elmcroft from the first time I was there. My mother needs extra help and they are giving that to her. She loves being taken care of and I can feel comfortable knowing she is in good hands... The staff from the top to the bottom is great and never seem too bothered to help her out.. I appreciate them so much. It is a perfect fit for us.

Elmcroft of Austin Review

Elmcroft was a nice communitie. There was an issue with the cleanliness, with the Alzheimer's unit having a distinct urine smell. The staff was very friendly, and happy to accomidate us. It's price was competative with other communities in the area. The care services were adaquate for our needs. They had a huge calendar of activities for the residents. All in all, it is a nice community.

Horrible Staff and Managment

AT first i believed this was a very good place but i realized that they're weren't many staff which made me wonder why? And the care givers are very careless and don't pay much attention and are always sitting in the break room. Also, the care givers in the memory building are always on their phone and seem very lazy. i've heard many complains to Gwen the head of the place and she never seems to do anything to change or make the place better. many of the residents pay thousands and they're no one is listening to what they say because to them the money seems to be more important than the residents. i hope things change and they get a new head leader because the way things are being run isn't good and i hate seeing the residents being screamed at because they need help or helping other residents.

Nice, home-like community

Overall this is a very nice facility. It's got a warm home-like feeling, and not the hospital like atmosphere of some other facilities that we looked it. The price was comparable to similar facilities we saw in the area.

Way too expensive

They seem to have a really good set up there, the food was really good but they were so expensive being in the city limits that I couldn't afford them, but they had a great setup. Everything was really nice, but it was several hundred dollars out of my price range, it was 3150 just for base rent and it was going to go up. They seem to be a great place, but their price was just outrageous for me, but maybe that's the going rate in the city.

Good Community

So far my mom seems to be enjoying being here. They have plenty of activities and they keep the community very clean. The staff has been doing well and seems to care about the residents. Overall everything has been going good and we are happy with Elmcroft. We would recommend this community to anyone.

This place was very disappo...

This place was very disappointing. The memory care section smelled horrible. I noticed an old man in his room on the floor trying to get up (with nothing on below the waist)and I mentioned it to Mary she acted like it was no big deal and did ask someone to help him as we continued on the tour as we came back around a few minuted later he was still on there. Staff didn't seem too caring, whole place turned me off.

Patience is key

The staff is on top of things and really tries to do what they can to make it better. They are very helpful and really patient with the residents. They take the time to try and learn the residents and figure them out as best as they can. They really are doing a great job. Overall we are happy with them and their care service efforts.

Mary and Steve made the difference

We chose Elmcroft because there was no bad odors only pleasant smells. They had plenty of activities for our loved one to do. Mary Sullivan and Steve were both very sympathetic and empathetic they worked with us to get our loved one in the community. They stayed calm and were very helpful during the entire process. We are completely and totally pleased with Elmcroft and would absolutely recommend it to anyone.

At Wm. Cannon & Manchaca. ...

At Wm. Cannon & Manchaca. All private rooms, different levels of care and they have a memory unit. Would be good to go by here and check out the various levels of care. Looks like the memory care unit would be around 4k/mo. which is okay. I think I spoke to people at this centre but can't recall specifics. Don't know about outside areas that are controlled access, daily activiites, etc.

26 March 2013. Almost funny...

26 March 2013. Almost funny situation. This property was only on my list because of a personal reference. Not until I made the drive did I realize how far out of my desired distance it was. Upon my arrival, the receptionist seemed to be having a bad day and told me that Mary S. did not have an appointment with me; rather adamently. So, I left. Mary called me soon after, apologizing. I explained that it was probably better not to waste her time with a tour due to the drive time for my Sister from Cedar Park. I would recommend still recommend others check out the facility.

Elmcroft of Austin offers a special combination of daily living, personalized supportive services, and interactive activities. Since 2006, when our first community opened, we have offered a full range of personalized assistance with daily living services to seniors. We focus on wellness and keeping our residents as independent as long as possible with a tailored plan of assistance to meet their needs. Our ergonomically designed community houses a variety of apartment floor plans to accommodate the personal needs and habits of both our frail and our more active residents. Our residents call Elmcroft their home, and we love to nurture them through our holistic approach of caring for all resident needs - physical, emotional, social, and intellectual. Our residents enjoy Elmcroft for the clean, spacious apartments, affordability, social activities, and the safe secure residential environment. At Elmcroft's Heartland Village we offer a compassionate residential care program using the most up-to-date care techniques, specially designed for individuals with Alzheimer's disease or a memory related disorder. Our program encourages each resident to live at their highest potential in an environment of safety, freedom and beauty. Come see why so many seniors call Elmcroft home.