Brookdale Beckett Meadows - Austin, TX

Brookdale Beckett Meadows - Austin, TX has yet not published prices.

street map for Brookdale Beckett Meadows - Austin, TX

Margaret

My sister has been in the memory care unit at Brookdale Beckett Meadows for seven months. She has improved so much since being there because of the care and attention given to her by the staff. We know she will never be able to leave and this is her new home and family and it makes us feel comforted to see how they treat her like family. She seems to like all the activities and enjoys having her hair and nails done every week. I cannot say enough nice things about the staff especially [Name removed] and [Name removed].

[Name removed]

My sister Margaret has been at Beckett Meadows since [date removed] and I cannot say enough wonderful things about the facility and staff. She is in memory care and the staff has amazed us with their level of patience and care with all the patients. Our family came from out of town and they had a lovely lunch for us in the family room in the main dining room. Our family was so impressed by the attention that was given to us. We as a family are thrilled to see [name removed] as part of the staff. [name removed] is a real treasure.

Based on first impressions

I took a very nice tour here a while ago when looking for a place for my client. We enjoyed it, it was our first choice but it was a bit too far. The facility looked clean and we were able to talk with one of the other residents that lived there. It seemed like a nice place. The cleanliness, the organization of the facility, and the people that worked there were really the things that stood out to me the most. It’s a place worth looking at for sure.

Beckett Meadows has been helpful, responsive, and caring for my 90 yr old mother with memory issues. However the memory care unit does not have skilled nursing care, and that is what she needs now.

Brookdale Beckett Meadows

I toured Brookdale Beckett Meadows while looking at options for my mother. I did not like this community at all, and would not put a loved one here under any circumstances. The place just had a very sad, unloved feeling to me, and did not give any sort of warmth or comfort. Something about it just turned both my husband and me away from it. I would not recommend it to anyone.

Needs many improvements

My family was her for almost 2 years and we were really never satisfied with the level of care here. It was just easier at the time when my step dad was alive. As soon as he passed we got mom out of there. They are very understaffed and the caregivers need to care a little more and get more training. They would always blame the residents when something came up missing. The didn't clean up the urine in enough time so it always smelled bad in there. They had little to no activities. And did the bare minimum of their job duties. I wouldn't recommend this community to anyone.

This facility was really nice but all of there staff members seemed really new. The director was promoted and they just hired a new community guy to name a few. Although, they did strike me as competent. All of the staff members were outstanding. The building itself was a little on the older side and seemed a little run down. Nothing was wrong with the community, it just wasn't in as good of a shape. But, they did say that they were starting to do some renovations. I would really recommend this community.

Working Out Well For My Mother

My mother is doing well with her move to this community. I do feel she is safe, and in good hands. They are taking good care of her, and her needs. The staff is kind when I visit, and have been helpful whenever needed. They do a good job with the cleanliness around the community. There are nice activities offered, and good meals provided for the residents. Everything is working out well for us in this community, and I would recommend it.

This would be our first choice for assisted living when and if we decide to move dad from his current living arrangement with daughter [Removed].

Beckett Meadows a shining star of hope and help.

We searched all over Austin to find just the right place for my mother and Beckett Meadows was head and shoulders above many many facilities we visited.
We found a cheerful, clean, updated, and well appointed environment with a professional, friendly, and accessible staff. We visited many more expensive facilities but they were just too impersonal and large for my mom. She can manage the size of Beckett Meadows with her walker, did not feel overwhelmed, and is making good friends. It is good to see that the loss of her husband can be mitigated by the new social group she is establishing. She engages in many daily activities, goes on outings, and loves getting her nails done.
The family can rest assured that she has the support she requires, staff checking in with her, medication assistance, and activities that keep her engaged and vibrant. This is the best decision we could have made for her, her finances, and her new life. Thank you to all the wonderful people helping her and the family with this transition. You have provided a safe and loving home for my mother. I am very grateful for finding Beckett Meadows.
I appreciate that they continue to improve and support families with new outreach technology which will keep the family knowledgeable about all the activities mother participates in during the day. I love the pride my mother takes in all her projects and have to smile when she talks of her new home, her community, and her growing group of friends.

Nice facilities, friendly atmosphere, with much thought given to residents in its design and operation. Very professional tour guide ([Removed]) who seemed to honestly answer all our questions. We came away with a very clear picture of price and services provided. The size (70 residents) seemed about right for my father.

Positive tour

The staff was very welcoming and helpful when we looked at Brookdale Beckett. I was impressed with them. We decided against them because of the cost.

secound place i went loved the look thought my mom would like it but did not have a pt trainer like ledgestone

Not the best location..

When we toured the Brookdale, it was not in the most desirable location for us. The people were very nice and the place was clean, but it was not what we were looking for.

Didn't See A Good Cost

I came by to see this community to see my options to pick from. The community was fine and the tour was fine. After talking with them I found their price was not comparable to another community. The pricing was not going to be good for long term.

Happy and Safe

I'am doing pretty well since my move to this community. They are caring for me and my needs very well. It is a very nice and clean community, they do a very good job with the cleanliness of the place. All the staff is very thoughtful and always willing to help. There are activities offered. The meals are decent. Overall I feel happy and safe at this community.

I Took A Tour!!

When i toured this community they were getting ready to remodel so I'm sure the place looks beautiful now. The staff was very welcoming and kind. the Tour Guide was knowledgeable and answered all of my questions.While we we walked around the rooms i noticed a resident had an accident and the staff was quick to clean up.

Informative Tour Guide!!

The tour guide was very informative and knowledgeable regarding information about the community. He let me know that there is transportation available for the residents. Various meal plans are offered to try and accommodate families with their meal needs. Activities are available on site and offsite.

Great

Its going great for my grandmother. Everything is going fine here and I appreciate all the help. We are good for now.

Consideration of Beckett Meadows

I was first impressed with the outside appearance of Beckett Meadows. I like that it was a smaller community set in a neighborhood environment. When going inside it also was very nice. Everyone was friendly, the tenants appeared happy (laughing) and enjoying themselves. The staff was also very polite and friendly. I especially liked that it also had outside common areas so that you could still be secure and enjoy the outdoors. Since I was there on a Friday and the beginning of a holiday they were preparing for a party and all were excited and happy. This encouraged me to consider placing my brother there. He has not been there long enough for me to give more information.

This Is A Wonderful Community

I have both my mother and my aunt here at this community. They are both doing great here. This is truly a wonderful community. They have gone above and beyond for us, I'am very pleased. The community looks great, everything is very nice and clean. My mother has adjusted well to it, they have even asked her to do the flower arrangements for the community. Everybody is very friendly and accommodating. They have a wonderful chef, she is pleased with the meals. Overall everything has worked out very well for us here.

Amazingly enough the room my mother is in is handicapped accessible except the shower. The bathroom sink and kitchen counter is not at the height needed for someone in a wheelchair. We failed to notice this before moving her in. Otherwise, the facility is clean and the staff, albeit shorthanded, are nice.

We have no complaints with Brookdale Beckett Meadows!!

Mom is settling in at this community. The staff are friendly and work well with the residents and their families. The food is good and there are activities for the residents to enjoy. This community is clean and I would recommend it.

It Is A Good place

One of the things that stood out to me was that they were very accommodating. When we moved in the care staff were all very, very good. Some of the individual caretakers seemed overwhelmed though, due to the amount of residents. Overall it was a good place for the short time my loved one was there.

The staff has all been really good

Brookdale Beckett Meadows is going well. The staff has all been really good. The value is good. We have been pleased with this facility. I have no complaints.

A recent move in

I think the most important caregiver need is friendliness and love. The caregivers are well suited to this

Overall, A Very Nice Place

Overall it is a very nice place. My mom is happy there and she seems to like it. I have had a few bumps in the road, but overall I think they try doing a good job. They are maybe a little understaffed at the moment.

delivers what they promise

Brookdale Beckett Meadows delivers what they promise. What they initially promised in our meeting, we got. A lot of people in this industry make promises and don't keep them so I really appreciated that. Things are going really well here.

Very Pleased

Everything is going great. We are very pleased. My Mother is doing good here. This is a very nice facility. I would recommend it.

A lot of recent turn over.

In the past few weeks there has been a big turn over in the senior staff at Beckett Meadows. The executive director, director of memory care and the director of nursing have all left the facility. There has been no communications from the facility on who replacements and what other changes are in store. I'm going to be interested in seeing if all these changes are for the better or of things go down hill.

Arrived at 1:30. Had to wait approx. 20 minutes for someone to meet with me. I had the good fortune of visiting with Donna, an administrator with the Brookdale Company who happened to be at the property. She was very helpful. I got the impression that I fell threw the cracks with Cuesta.
The property looks pretty worn compared to other properties. Needs some maintenance. The rooms they showed me looked nice. The rates are higher than what "A Place for Mom" told me.

very helpful

The executive director there at Brookdale Beckett Meadows has been great, very helpful and always good at answering any questions we have.

The place could use a little TLC with some updates here and there.

Impressive, knowledgeable staff, but cleanliness lacking.

This is one of the places we toured when we were looking. While I was impressed with the staff, and their knowledge base. The state of the facility, and the overall cleanliness, detracted us from choosing them. We were also shown empty rooms that were in transition, and I think seeing a model room or even a current residents room and being able to see what that would look like, rather than an empty dirty room, would have been more helpful.

Review of Emeritus At Beckett Meadows Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Austin, TX

Cuesta was very help full we were very please with what we saw

Sad, tired, depressing . . .

While the person who gave us a tour was very nice and thoughtful, this property is sadly in need of maintenance and updating. It was the most depressing community I visited (of 6). The carpet was old, dirty and shabby; and everywhere you looked, the paint was chipped and faded. All the upholstery and wood furniture was similarly old and shabby and appeared dirty. We ate lunch and it was equally sad -- overcooked Brussels sprouts, mystery meat meatloaf and mashed potatoes that tasted like they came from a box. The apartments we saw were in horrible condition. Given the high price, I had expected clean and well appointed apartments, but they were more shabby than anyplace I ever lived as a poor college student. The carpet was in horrible condition, the appliances were probably several decades old and everything was cheap and worn looking.

This sad and tired property looked uncared for from the outside as well. The building needs to be painted inside and out, and the landscaping needs a lot of work.

I can't say anything about the quality of care provided here, but I believe the lack of attention to details in the environment did not bode well. In addition, my mother doesn't need nursing care and the activities were on that very low level. The residents appeared to be quite elderly and infirm. Even though this property is represented as "independent living" it distinctly felt like a nursing home for people who certainly deserve better . . . The owners should be ashamed . . .

Sam Pollock

We apologize that your tour of our community didn’t meet your expectations. As evidenced by the other reviews on here, your experience was not typical. Also, please rest assured that we work diligently to provide the highest quality care to all of our residents, including planning an assortment of daily activities to suit all levels of ability.

They were okay with lots of room for improvement.

For the most part the staff is quite friendly. I was not a normal resident, this was just a respite stay. They play a lot of bingo. They have no dietitian, either on staff or on a consulting basis. I'm not terribly picky but the food is over-salted and in the evening the meal doesn't hold you over to breakfast, it's minimal, but their breakfast is great. Their response time to my requests or calls was not good. I pushed my button once and after half an hour nobody had come. I did my own laundry because they didn't come to do it when they were supposed to. The manager seems to feel like he needs to do everything himself, he isn't very good at delegating. The have a lot going for them, they are in a great location. They have staff that are very kind and are good but are just in the wrong job. There are a lot of small fixes, like maintenance things that need to be taken care of. They keep saying that as soon as this MERGER goes through things will change, well it's not a MERGER, it is an ACQUISITION and that is a big difference.

Sam Pollock

We appreciate your comments regarding our community. We apologize that you feel some of the aspects of your stay with us didn’t meet your expectations. We understand the importance of a proper diet for all of our residents, and we invite you contact our Dining Services Director directly, as they will be best suited to address your concerns. We work diligently to ensure that all of our resident’s calls and needs are responded to in a timely manner. If you have any further concerns, please feel free to contact our community management team directly.

We very much felt like part of their ...

We very much felt like part of their family. I would speak to that. Everybody was friendly, and they would call periodically to let us know what was going on. They were proactive in making sure she was well taken care of.

Nice looking community, with a few issues

This was one of the locations I toured while looking into places for my Mom. It was a nice clean looking place, and the staff were friendly. The rooms and refrigerators were a bit larger in this place than others I saw, which was nice. However, the atmosphere wasn't what I was looking for for my Mom. I wanted somewhere that would keep her active and social, and this place just didn't seem as lively as some others I visited. I was also looking specifically for somewhere that did not have specific dining times, as that type of eating schedule doesn't work for Mom.

A Very Good Place

It seems very good. They are very helpful. Mom calls them on her little call button eight or ten times a day and they don't complain. They come in and help her with whatever she needs. They are very attentive so that part is very good.

It's expensive but she needs the extra care. They wash her clothes, help change her, empty the trash a couple of times a day. It's not cheap but it's not just rent. I have no complaints about that.

Overall it's pretty good. I thought the food could be better - it was just a little tasteless. I mean at that age what else do you have to live for? It's what I live for at my age! I had a discussion with them about that and the next day it was better.

They Lost My Mother

My mom shouldn't have stayed there as long as she did. At one point, they called me and asked me if I knew where my mother was. They literally lost her. She liked the ladies that she lived near, but as far as their professionalism and nursing go, no way. They did have a locked memory unit, but my mom was just in assisted living. We paid $6500 for this, and they raise the rate 4-6% every year.

They Couldn't Keep Up With Mom's Care

My mom was there for two years. It started at a 5 but went down so overall I would say a 4. They were great for activities but there were several incidents, especially the falls where she wouldn't be found right away. When she moved in she was more able and as she declined they just couldn't keep up with that kind of care. They weren't staffed to give her the care she needed. When she first moved in I was under the impression that she would not have to be moved out. I thought they went to end of life there. They don't and I think they should communicate that a little more clearly.

Toured with my brother, we ...

Toured with my brother, we were ok with this place, but again really small rooms. I liked the fact they had a separate memory care unit. Noticed no men in the unit, not sure my mom would like that but don't (I can't judge that for sure) think dad would need that unit just yet.

Assisted living is nice but...

Assisted living is nice but person can just walk out front door. Dementia area is very restrictive. Shared bedroom with other patient. No private space or room for personal items. Patients seemed much more advanced in memory loss than Mom.

Nice entrance, residents were happy, ...

Nice entrance, residents were happy, and conversing, good visit with director, apartments were nice, liked bathroom, neighborhood area nice, did not see any caregivers.

visited for a tour without mom. nice ...

visited for a tour without mom. nice place.

We liked that well enough, but not fo...

We liked that well enough, but not for Mom as she realized she needs more available care, and for her there was again no one who would know for some time if she was unable to call for help on her own.

Very nice - this may be out top choic...

Very nice - this may be out top choice for now.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.